Author Topic: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?  (Read 158216 times)

Mrea2

Re: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2014, 06:09:15 PM »
I just have to say here that, when it comes to ebay I always find it very suspicious when a poster seller seems to have one rare poster after another, be it a teaser, recalled /banned advance, in mint condition and a price thats to good to be true. Always a red flag for me.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:48:16 PM by Mrea2 »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
A bump for the newbies to read, too, as Sir Egbert is being discussed in the tloce thread. 

cheers

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »
She should have a Egbert/Loce thread open at ALL times.

DO NOT BY FROM!!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:41:35 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Roughoutline

• Beginner
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2015, 02:50:57 PM »
Was recently looking for an Inherent Vice Joaquin Phoenix character poster and got one for about $25 inc P&P, then realised the seller was Gregbert himself. Was quite worried considering the guy's reputation but  it arrived quickly and was as advertised, no tricks.

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »
Just been reading through lots of threads and thought I'd post my views on this.

I wouldn't buy from Loce or Egbert, I don't know the guys but when they have willingly and knowing sold fakes advertised as originals nobody in the hobby should take that risk.

TLoce has a few posters that I want, are they original? I don't know they could be but due to his reputation i wouldn't take a chance.

Marc
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2017, 12:50:02 PM »
Just been reading through lots of threads and thought I'd post my views on this.

I wouldn't buy from Loce or Egbert, I don't know the guys but when they have willingly and knowing sold fakes advertised as originals nobody in the hobby should take that risk.

TLoce has a few posters that I want, are they original? I don't know they could be but due to his reputation i wouldn't take a chance.

Marc

And does anyone really want to pay=reward this guy with cash, so that he can continue to fund his "minty white mill?"

I wouldn't either, so good on you, Marc.

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2018, 12:17:25 AM »
I hadnt looked at any Egbert auctions lately, but happened to trip acoss one, so looked it over.

This paragraph, with him explaining the differences between the photos shown in his auctions and the items that might be sent and received (variations in text, missing or added text/dates/tag lines etc) is fascinating, with him trying to explain that what you see is what you might not get. And if so, to NOT complain about it either:  imbecile.gif sad.gif

ABOUT THE POSTER PHOTO'S:

ONE SHEETS ARE OFTEN - ESPECIALLY FOR MAJOR RELEASES - PRINTED SEVERAL TIMES WITH SMALL DIFFERENCES SOMETIMES BETWEEN PRINT RUNS PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME BAD FEEDBACK IF THESE SMALL DIFFERENCE ARE CRUCIAL TO YOUR PURCHASE. SOME EXAMPLES -A DATE IS CHANGED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POSTER FOR THE RELEASE OF THE INCREDIBLE HULK BUT THE ONE I SENT WAS THE OLD DATE HE DIDN'T WANT . THE SHERLOCK HOLMES I SENT WASN'T THE ONE THAT HAS HOLMES FOR THE HOLIDAY'S TAG LINE ON IT HE WANTED . I GUARANTEE THE ARTWORK MATCHES THE PHOTO BUT NOT EVERY NUANCE BETWEEN THESE VARIOUS PRINT RUNS THAT THE STUDIO'S PUT OUT - SO THE PHOTO WILL CORRECTLY MATCH THE POSTER'S ARTWORK YOU RECIEVE BUT MAY HAVE A DIFFERENCE IN THE TYPE ON IT.

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2018, 10:24:32 AM »
His Minty White-ness aside, there are reputable and professional sellers on this board that also do not photograph each and every poster, and also seem not to think that dates and variations are an issue.

Dale being one of them.  A brief discussion about which was aired here...

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,12819.msg230488.html#msg230488

No offence etc, but in the interests of fairness and all round equality.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2018, 12:28:09 PM »
I didnt read Egbert's paragraph with it suggesting that he uses a stock photo if he is selling a particular poster that he might have a good number of copies of.

It's him saying (and included as a blanket statement for EVERY poster that he sells) that the poster shown on his auctions or BINs might not match what a customer is sent and that no one should complain or leave neg feedback if the poster received is different from the one advertised.  Say what?  starz.gif

Ive never read a disclaimer like this where a seller (be it dealers or a private sellers) suggested that was what was shown on their auction/sale page (even if a stock photo) could possibly not match the poster what being sent out, (due to missing or added text, different tag lines etc).

This "blanket paragraph" attached to every poster description of his is what specifically caught my eye.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:38:11 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »
And without wishing to defend the 'Professor's' words, at least there is a disclaimer for such.

Yes, it is crap.  But in the case that I cited earlier, there is no such disclaimer, but in the unearthed discussion, returns are possible without argument.

In this one finite case, I am not sure who is the better seller.  'Finite' being about dates and numbers.  All else aside, one should always go with Dale of course.