Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 341760 times)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder

You see, if you were French, you would know both of these movies.  Both are very well known to French speaking people.  Both actresses, Romy Schneider and Nathalie Baye, have won numerous awards in France.  Nathalie Baye had a lead role in Catch Me if You Can (she played DiCaprio's mother) and aside from being nominated 10 times, she has won the Cesar Award (the equivalent of the Oscar in France) 4 times.  "J'ai épousé une ombre" is actually a very good movie, and so is La Passante du Sans-Souci.  Romy Schneider is probably one of the 5 most famous French actresses EVER.  Just FYI.

There is a world beyond slasher films.

T

Wait a minute T and Monster, I just noticed who wrote the book the movie I Married a Shadow (book is I Married a Dead Man) was based.  William Irish = Cornell Woolrich!!!  Great source material for the screenplay!  Okie

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. It looks like I'll be moving by the end of the year or early next year (if we can ever get a handle on this horrible virus situation, that is). Because of that, I need to (hopefully) stop buying posters. In fact, I've been going through them with the idea of getting rid of a lot before the move. We'll see if that happens also.

Today's post (my last for a while?) is nothing exciting or interesting. I bought another "lot" on eMovieposter.com. There were 65 posters in it, but of those I am only going to share 10 and ignore the rest. (Why torture you with crap?) The 10 I've pulled for this post are not even really worth your time....but they are here and ready to go...and possibly/probably my last "new" stuff for quite a while.

OKIE:  Hi there. Thanks for visiting. Yes, the drive in photos from the last post were all from a drive in about 45 minutes away that I've visited a few times this summer. I had never been there before. With the virus and all and everything closed, I thought why not? It's been a fun diversion. So, yes...that was a real working speaker sitting in my car very recently.

THIERRY:  Thanks for visiting also. I didn't mean to offend, if I did. I stated in both descriptions I didn't know the movies. However, my main complaint wasn't the films they represented, but the (in my opinion) lousy posters used to advertise them. I'm sorry, but if I knew nothing about those movies (which i don't, really), those posters would do nothing to convince me to see them. And they aren't very Monster A GoGo-esque. I'm sure they are fine films...but the posters are D-U-L-L.

So, let's get this show going...

BEAR ISLAND:

This lot poster is exciting and action packed...but I've never seen the flick (nor have I ever read an Alistair MacLean thriller). Interesting cast on this one, though.

TIME BOMB:

Another lot poster with interesting art but beyond that there isn't much to say as I've not seen the flick. Star Curt Jurgens is probably best known (in my world, anyway) as James Bond's nemesis Stromberg in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME. This was a French import from 1959 (released here in 1961).

PRISONERS OF THE CONGO:

As a lot poster, this one has at least some interesting art. It looks like a French import, but I am completely unfamiliar with it.

THUMBELINA:

I like kiddie matinee posters, which is why this lot poster made the list. However, this one is u-g-l-y. It's a notorious Barry Mahon turd. I think this is one kiddie matinee poster I never bothered to buy before...and now, wanted or not, it's mine as part of a lot.

ANGEL BABY:

This lot poster is for a 1961 film I had never heard of before. ANGEL BABY? The cast is impressive; George Hamilton, Mercedes McCambridge, Joan Blondel, Henry Jones,  (5th billed) Burt Reynolds (in his film debut, according to IMDB) ...and, as Angel Baby, introducing Miss Salome Jens (Who, apparently, vanished into obscurity right after her introduction. Oh my...) (No. I just looked. She is still around and has had a l-o-n-g career in bit parts. Hmm.)

EXIT TO EDEN:

I actually saw this---in the theater---really. I do not know how Garry Marshall got attached to this, but turning it into a comedy was really the only thing that could have been done. I had read the original novel before the flick came out. It was by Anne Rice (under one of her pseudonyms) and the book was not a comedy at all. The movie wasn't that good and I'm sure Ms. Rice hated it. It would have been so much worse had it not been made into a comedy...as it would have been unintentionally funny. Still, it feels like the Rosie O'Donnell and Dan Akroyd characters (which aren't in the book) were added in late in the production...when they realized the movie was veering towards being a total turd-o-rama. I wonder if Dana Delany lists this on her resume? Ha! It certainly did nothing to help Paul Mercurio's career.

CONTEST GIRL:

I've never seen the movie this lot purchase poster is advertising, but I love the old school aesthetic. There's a "beauty racket"? Ha! At least Janette Scott and Edmund Purdom had a job. I'm sure the "startling expose" must be an unintentional camp fest when viewed today. Ha!

TIMERIDER:

This isn't that great of a poster--at all. I never saw this, but recall when it came out and have been curious about it. From the poster and what I remember of the TV ads, it is about a guy whose motorcycle somehow becomes a time machine...and back in time he goes. Like I said, I never saw it...but I wonder where he got gas in a world before gas stations? I don't think I had a copy of this poster before getting it in that lot. I wouldn't mind giving the flick a watch...

SO SAD ABOUT GLORIA:

I didn't even notice this poster when I bought the lot it came in. It's so simple, minimalistic (i.e. cheap--Ha!) and less than eye catching... It was only after it was mine and I was going through the various posters that I spotted it. The tag line reads: The romance of LOVE STORY--the terror of PSYCHO!" WHAT!!!??!!!  Ha! I had never heard of this movie, but my interest was sure piqued by that awesome tag line. I found it available on BluRay (as a drive in-style double feature from Code Red, which makes me think it's probably trash--but what else is new?) and ordered a copy. How could I not when I saw this description on IMDB of a cool promotional gimmick the film utilized upon it's release: "When this movie premiered, there was a telephone number (local) you could call. It was a recording of Gloria begging for help, then she would yell and the phone would go dead." Ha! I LOVE that. I wish I could have heard that. Oh well. Oscar winner Dean Jagger and PETTICOAT JUNCTION's Lori Saunders star. Only rated PG? Hmm. Oh well... I'm excited about it---at least until I get around to giving it a watch, probably. Ha!

TOM THUMB AND LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD:

Believe it or not, THIS poster is the one I wanted and why I went for this lot. Really. Really. REALLY! I love my kiddie matinee posters. I thought I had all of the K. Gordon Murray Mexican import LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD posters...but this one was new to me. Was it a double feature? A whole new movie that had so far escaped my attention? Nope...it was neither. It is actually an alternate title for LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD AND THE MONSTERS (the poster of which I already have). How interesting that there is not even a hint that the monsters are in this flick. Ha!  This is trash to everyone else--cheesy treasure to me. Ha! Why aren't these flicks available on remastered BluRay in a deluxe boxed set? Maybe if I wish really hard, the Dazzling Dawn Fairy will make it so....

And that's it for now. I am framing things still and putting displays together (pointless now with a move coming up, but...). I'll eventually post an update on those.

In the mean time, take care. THANK YOU for visiting.

CHEERS!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 04:11:30 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Some nice art on Bear Island in the Mort Kunstler vein, Monster.  Can you see an artist signature on it? Your videos this time were seizure dangers. No safety warning?!  Stay safe, lil' Monster!  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
THIERRY:  Thanks for visiting also. I didn't mean to offend, if I did. I stated in both descriptions I didn't know the movies. However, my main complaint wasn't the films they represented, but the (in my opinion) lousy posters used to advertise them. I'm sorry, but if I knew nothing about those movies (which i don't, really), those posters would do nothing to convince me to see them. And they aren't very Monster A GoGo-esque. I'm sure they are fine films...but the posters are D-U-L-L.

Not a problem, but you seemed to be very dismissive of these movies, so I wanted to bring a little bit of my knowledge.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
I hadn't heard of those French films either MAGG. Only middle aged French folk might!

The Bollywood version of the film I Married a Shadow: Kati Patang (1970) , has higher IMDB ratings and has also won more awards and no one has heard of that either!

Keep em coming MAGG

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Hi there. Against my better intentions, it is poster time once again...so, WELCOME BACK!  There's nothing super special to see this time. (Of course, there hasn't been anything super special to see in my posts for a while now... Ha!) As I am trying to save money and get ready for a move, my heart just isn't in it right now. BUT--I can NOT seem to go "cold turkey," no matter what I do. There's always a new auction somewhere...and I just can't help but take a peek at them. One thing leads to another...and before you know it, I've bought posters. Again. Oh well...

OKIE: Sorry about the seizure-inducing gifs on the last post. I was just trying to keep people awake (or perhaps unconscious) through the whole, dull post last time. Eek! I've looked...but I just do not see a signature on the BEAR ISLAND art. I do thank you though for visiting, as always... 

T:  In the lot I posted from last time (which I will spare everyone here the horror of having to go through in another post---but I'm NOT sparing those on my Instagram account. Ha!), there was another French film I'd never heard of (with lame poster art)...that actually sounds interesting. Are you, by chance, familiar with a flick called A BOMB FOR A DICTATOR? It's about terrorists who want to blow up an evil South American dictator's plane. He is visiting France...but decides to take a commercial flight home instead of a private flight. So the terrorists have to decide whether to blow him up still or not--as he is riding with around a hundred innocent people. It may be boring---but it could be interesting, too.

STEVE/50s:   I am always super thrilled to see you pop up here...and you seemed to have disappeared for the longest time before you reappear again. Of course, I'm not on here nearly as much as I used to be---so that may be why I don't see you as much, too.  I am glad to know you are okay.

So--let's get this over with. Let's take a look at the new items-a-go-go that have been added to my collection (if your heart can stand the terror...and your mind can stand the boredom...):

THE ZOMBIE'S RAGE (re-release):

This is better known as THE GRIM REAPER (as it was originally released here in the USA) or as ANTHROPOPHAGUS, which it is called on DVD/BluRay and I believe what it was called in Italy, where it was made. Retitled THE ZOMBIE'S RAGE after ZOMBIE hit it big here. I have a copy of this poster already, but it came with another poster in the batch.

WILD WILD WORLD:

It's Mondo time again with this low-rent MONDO CANE wannabe. From 1965 and loaded with nothing you haven't seen before in other mondo docs. Great tag line though: "So startling... so shocking... so strange.. you won't believe it even after you've seen it!"

THE OSCAR:

Zowie! It's the poster for one of the all-time worst movies! It's kind of like a male-version of VALLEY OF THE DOLLS, but centered on the male equivalent of the Neely O'Hare character, Frankie Fane (Stephen Boyd), who climbs his way up the Hollywood, ladder tooth and nail, and leaving devastation in his wake. Campy and cheesy...with an all-star cast (lots of which are cameos not listed on the poster).

HARDBODIES:

80's sex comedy... I didn't realize I had this poster already. Oh well. It came with another 80s poster I didn't have---so this was kind of a bonus.

HOT DOG-THE MOVIE:

I had never wanted to see this 80s sex comedy set at a ski resort...until Synapse released the unrated producer's cut of the film on BluRay earlier this year. Ha! I know I didn't already have the poster...so why not? Shannon Tweed and David (AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON) Naughton star.

HELLHOLE:

In an early issue of FANGORIA magazine (possibly issue #1 ?), I read about a movie called HUMAN EXPERIMENTS. I was intrigued and wanted to see it...but it never came to my town. When the VHS era happened, I looked for it...but couldn't find it. The closest I could come to it was HELLHOLE, which sounded like it might be HUMAN EXPERIMENTS under another name. It wasn't the same movie, but this flick has a cheapness and campiness all its own...and just look at that incredible B-movie cast: Ray Sharkey (!), Marjoe Gortner (!!), Judy Landers (!?!), Edy Williams (!!??!!), Terry Moore (!!!!!??????) and Mary Woronov (!!!!!!!!). WOW!!!

DADDY'S DEADLY DARLING (re-release):

This is an ugly poster. Why get it? Because...it is a rare one. I had never seen a copy before. DADDY'S DEADLY DARLING is better known as PIGS, which is the title I saw it under at the drive-in in the early/mid-80s (on a double bill with MOTEL HELL). I hated PIGS, but I had to respect it. It was the first time I was ever suckered into seeing a decade plus-old movie, repackaged to look new. The commercials and newspaper ads also screamed that it starred Katherine Ross (!!!) Of course, Katherine Ross was NOT Katharine Ross, star of THE GRADUATE or BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. Instead, Katherine Ross was some old lady who only had a small part in the film. And the PIGS? They didn't do much...and almost seemed secondary to the rest of the movie. I later learned this film had several titles. In addition to PIGS and DADDY'S DEADLY DARLING, it was also called ROADSIDE TORTURE CHAMBER (which I might have the poster for), THE STRANGE LOVE EXORCIST, and BLOOD PEN, among others. Vinegar Syndrome released it on BluRay a while back.

DARK WATERS:

This is a new poster...not a vintage one sheet. There was no (USA) one sheet for this flick. This was printed (27x39) by the video company Severin Films for the BluRay release of the film. And what an odd--yet amazing--film this is. It isn't the most coherent thing (I'm still not sure what I saw), but the atmosphere and sets are incredible. I was surprised. I bought this--not because it was a made up one sheet...but, even though this is a "fake" of sorts, it was autographed by the director, Mariano Baino. I was that impressed with the film, that I thought I'd like the signed poster as well. This is Italian nunsploitation like you've never seen before. Weird.

CORPSE EATERS:

I have several copies of this obscure zombie flick poster from the 70s. In fact, one of my copies is framed and hanging in my bedroom. It amazes me that this film, which is for a rare, hard-to-find regional rarity, had so many copies of the poster made...when it hardly played anywhere at all. Cool poster regardless. It is definitely a fave.

SANGAREE (3D):

I probably already have one of these, but I am such a sucker for gimmicks, 50's 3D in particular, that I couldn't help but buy this copy (too?). Kino Lorber released the film on 3D BluRay a few years ago. I have it--but need a 3D TV to see it with. Waaaagh! Despite the 3D gimmick, the poster isn't all that in-your-face interesting. This was from one of eMovie's auctions (as are several others on here). Thank you, as always, Bruce.

And that is the 10 for today. See... there wasn't anything too fabulous and it was slightly better than the recent (and much dreaded) "IT CAME FROM THE AUCTION LOT" posts of recent months.

I'll be back eventually---but (hopefully) not for a long while, unless I finish some of my projects and have those ready to share. In the mean time, as I dig through my boxes and boxes of posters, feel free to visit my Instagram...as I photograph and post the stuff in the boxes on there. My account handle is: https://www.instagram.com/theshockoramapostershow/

Okay kiddies, it is time for me to cha-cha-cha off into the sunset (or at least into the guest room, where I have a huge pile o' laundry waiting to be folded. O' the glamorous life of a go-go-ing monster/poster hoarder...).

Stay groovy!

CHEERS!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:55:41 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
No, never heard of Les Fanatiques.  But Pierre Fresnay is a great French actor.  Can't be all that bad.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Hello! Welcome back to a most unexpected new edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show! Why unexpected? Because I wasn't going to buy any posters for a while due to an upcoming move. However, against my better judgement, I bought another poster "lot". Most of the posters were crap (and I WILL spare you those). I was after one specific poster, of course...and got the other (mostly) trash just for that one title. In addition, since I got the lot, I picked up a couple of other things (since I knew I'd now need to pull a post together). What that means is---oh JOY!--only 8 of these posters (instead of all 10) are from the lot. So don't expect to be blown away (at all).

While I'm at it, another post of projects I've been working on has been sitting idle for a long, long while. I've decided to tack it on at the bottom of this post. I'll explain why I added it when we get there.

THIERRY: Thanks for the visit last time. It is always a pleasure (and a surprise, somehow) to see you here.

Okay---let's get into this thing and get it over with:

JOY STICKS:

Of all of the lot poster titles, I opted to include this 80s video game sex comedy. I've never seen it and the only name I recognize in it is Joe Don Baker (in a sex comedy? Oh my....that may be something I DON'T want to see either). I don't think I had this poster before (unlike several others in the lot), so...here it is.

48 HRS:

I probably already have one of these...but who knows? (I certainly don't know...my collection is such a mess.)Not the most exciting poster ever, but it is for a decent movie---one of Eddie Murphy's better flicks (as well as Nick Nolte's). The always interesting James Remar is also in the flick.

THE MAN WITH BOGART'S FACE:

Here is another poster I may already have---but that no one seems to have seen or know much about. I remember seeing the trailer for this in the 70s. The lead actor (Robert Sacchi) really does resemble Bogart (and he has played Bogart...or Bogart-like characters several times). I'm guessing this mystery/comedy was written with him in mind? The "mystery" about this film, for me anyway, is that after seeing the trailer --- the film never came to my town. And I really wanted to see it.

Someone somewhere mentioned the film was crap....which is probably the case (and may be why it never showed up in the theaters near me). This flick at least has an interesting cast: Franco Nero, Michelle Phillips, Olivia Hussey, Misty Rowe, Victor Buono, Sybil Danning, and Herbert Lom.

THE MAGICAL ADVENTURES OF THE GINGERBREAD MAN:

Yes, this was a lot purchase as well. It's no secret I have a penchant for kiddie matinee posters. I have seen this title around many times---however, I am reasonably sure I never bothered to get this one before. My stars---this is one of the WORST posters I've ever seen for a kiddie matinee. What kid would WANT to see this? It looks like it would be torture to sit through (as most kiddie matinees were anyway---but this one looks especially awful). This comes from Barry Mahon who is mostly known for his nudie output in the 60s. He switched to kiddie matinee flicks late in his career. This one, though...I can not seem to find any information on (although somewhere someone posted it was also known as THE GINGERBREAD BOY).

PANDEMONIUM:

I remember reading about PANDEMONIUM in the pages of FANGORIA magazine back in the day. The 80s horror spoof started off life as THURSDAY THE 12TH (which is why it registered on my radar). I don't recall if it played in my town or not---but I remember finally catching it on video during the VHS era. However, I don't remember much about it other than there is some CARRIE elements to it. And what a cast--there are those listed on the poster, but also people like: Eve Arden, Tab Hunter (both pictured on the poster--but not listed on the poster's credits), Kaye Ballard, Donald O'Conner, Edie McClurg, Lynne Marie Stewart and John Paragon (Miss Yvonne and Jambi from PEE WEE'S PLAYHOUSE), Eileen Brennan, Judge Reinhold and many others. As I said, I don't recall much about the flick...but am considering giving it a second look. Vinegar Syndrome recently released this on BluRay...so there's still interest in it out there.

GORP:

This flick came out in the wake of the success of MEATBALLS...but this one was R rated. I remember wanting to see it--but I was only a freshman. And while my grandmother took me to see horror flicks as a kids (What a sweetheart she was to do so), I didn't ask to have her take me to this because I had no idea what to expect in an R-rated sex comedy...and I thought I'd be embarrassed to see it with my grandma, so....  To this day, I've not seen it yet.

GORP has a decent cast. There's a young Dennis Quad and Fran Drescher as well as David Huddleston (He was Santa in SANTA CLAUS THE MOVIE) and Michael Lembeck (Capt Kool, as in Captain Kool and the Kongs from the KROFT SUPERSHOW.... anyone? Anyone?). American International Pictures released this flick. It was their last release. (Wiki claims the last film was HOW TO BEAT THE HIGH COST OF LIVING, but that is incorrect.) They made a mint with THE AMITYVILLE HORROR, but lost their butt with the literal disaster movie METEOR and things like C.H.O.M.P.S, THE NORSEMEN, and MATILDA. This trickled out just before being sold to Filmways.

SCHIZOID:

No, this is NOT some wild, alternative poster for the 1980 Klaus Kinski movie. And NO, despite Lucio Fulci being the director, this isn't some long-lost Fulci masterpiece.  Yes, he directed it, but it is actually a retitling of A LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN. I was not sure if I had one of these already or not...but I got this fairly inexpensively...just in case I didn't have it.

THE HUMAN FACTOR:

DO I have this already? Hmm. I have always admired this nice Tanenbaum poster artwork, but have never seen the flick.  That gun just jumps right out at ya.

STORY BOOK TEA PARTY:

Okay---I can already envision you shaking your head in disbelieve--but THIS is the poster I bought the lot for. Yes, I got one of these before. However, when that one arrived, there was a chunk missing from the top of the poster near the center fold. Argh! To everyone else, this would be a throwaway poster...but, hello? I'm the dude who digs the kiddie matinee posters...and this one I had never seen before until recently. Instead of complaining about the missing piece, I tried for other lots with the same poster in them...and looked on eBay for a copy. I missed out on other lots that included it...but finally managed to score one again. Hooray! Free prizes to everyone! This is a K. Gordon Murray extravaganza, of course.

THE CURSE OF HER FLESH:

A lot of one sheets for this title started showing up a while back. I've been constantly trying to get one. Finally....I scored!  THE CURSE OF HER FLESH is the second (and probably least interesting) of the FLESH trilogy by roughie sleaze royal couple Michael and Roberta Findlay. The first flick was THE TOUCH OF HER FLESH and the last being THE KISS OF HER FLESH. All three are available on a triple-bill DVD from Something Weird Video.

That is the 10 posters for this post. But there is still MORE to see:

I had been working on some poster projects around the house. But...they sort of fell by the wayside as things in my personal life took center stage. I had started a post about this. It just went unfinished as I anticipated having other project to work on/complete. With my move coming early next year, I am now planning to take my posters down from my walls and remove them from the frames--to ensure they are not damaged in the move. (I will be using a moving company---and I will be going from California to Washington state. I've heard too many moving horror stories. I'll keep the posters with me in a box on my way up there.) I expect to start doing this in early November (after enjoying them through Halloween, of course).

Here is what I had been working on:

I framed my military re-release of THE WOLF MAN. It amazes me that just a few years ago, I'd have turned my nose up at a military poster. But for Universal monster movies? Beggars can't be choosers and I actually do dig this poster.

I also framed a copy of the obscure CORPSE EATERS posters.

And here they are, gracing the space between my bedroom window and my bathroom.

I also traded out some posters on this hallway wall. Nothing too exciting, but I am thrilled to have the painted-style of RE-ANIMATOR, MANIAC, and the original THE BLOB up on the wall, so I can finally enjoy them. FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACE MONSTER and ANDY WARHOL'S DRACULA were already there.

And that's it. Hopefully this will be my last post until AFTER the move. (Well, unless something really FAB comes my way...) Thank you (as always) for visiting.

CHEERS!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Great to see your goodies framed and up o your walls.

Meowwww...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
You truly are an original, collecting wise and personality wise.

I appreciate that!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Steven11788

• Beginner
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1610 on: September 28, 2020, 07:17:41 PM »
man going threw this I see a lot I had and miss. I need to find a Craving poster, I always loved that one

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1611 on: November 09, 2020, 05:19:51 AM »
It's been about 2 1/2 months since my last post and...I am B-A-C-K! EEEEK! I was so not planning on returning---for a long, long while. I'm supposed to be packing my posters away for a move to Washington state in the spring---NOT buying more. But, a little purchase now and again isn't going to hurt. Right? Uh....
Most of the posters in this edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show are not that exciting (and many are repeats), but it's better than now show at all (Or is it?).

First--I am long overdue saying hello to my visitors here:

50s/Steve:  You LIVE! Every time I see you on here, i am pleasantly surprised. You seem to disappear for long periods (Or maybe that's me who disappears? Ha!). Yes--I love them on my walls (and I knew you'd like that CURSE OF HER FLESH poster). However, I need to take them down, removed them from the frames and pack them away safely for the move this spring. Ho-hum. Naked walls... I'm soooo dreading this.

Thierry:  Thank you. I appreciate you visiting my page. That always baffles me...especially since I've been posting such absolute crap for the most part lately. Oh well. Ebb and flow, right? There may be a few "goodies" in the pipeline. Stay tune and visit again...if you can stand the horror of trash posters.

Steven11788:  Eeek! You had them...and now miss them? Where did they go-go? (And why didn't you give them to me? Ha!) Thank you for visiting. I'm glad there are a few things in here you like. CHEERS!

Okay. Let's just take a look and leave judgement until the end, shall we?

THE NIGHT OF THE WALKING DEAD:
I have one of these already. However, the copy I have is stained and in fairly lame shape. The poster is not that exciting---but when I bought my original copy, I bought such a poor-quality poster because I had never seen one before. I got this one to upgrade that one. I'll still never display this. It's not even a zombie flick (despite the Romero zombie-esque title). It's a vampire film. And it's printed on pink paper? (Pink? If that doesn't instill terror, I don't know what color does! Snore!)

PANDEMONIUM:
I was pretty sure I had gotten one of these years and years ago--but was not 100% sure.  I remember reading about this in the pages of FANGORIA. This horror comedy parody was originally to be called THURSDAY THE 12TH. (There was also a SATURDAY THE 13TH and SATURDAY THE 13TH STRIKES BACK.) It came and went and I missed it...because of the (D'oh!) title change. Anyway, just to be sure I had one, I got this...and then I noticed that not long ago I had already gotten another in a lot purchase. (D'oh! Squared) I know that Vinegar Syndrome has it out---and there is some renewed interest in it. I have not seen it since the VHS days. Perhaps I should give it another watch?

HOLOCAUST 2000 (aka THE CHOSEN):
I probably should have passed up this poster...but I am a sucker for schlock. HOLOCAUST 2000? What's that? I can hear you asking... It's actually an OMEN ripoff with Kirk Douglas and Simon Ward. I saw it YEARS ago---and have absolutely no memory of it. (Perhaps, like PANDEMONIUM, I should track it down and give it another watch? Is it even available on any platform these days? Hmm.) I knew it had been called HOLOCAUST 2000 elsewhere, but I had never seen the poster with that title. As dull as the poster is--I sprang into action when I spied this and made it mine. I don't know why. Perhaps the devil made me do it?

THE SON OF CAESAR AND CLEOPATRA:
This film is better known as just THE SON OF CLEOPATRA. I like my peplum/sword & sandal/ "Hercules" flicks. I have a SON OF CLEOPATRA poster already...but this alternate title had eluded me. I snagged it when I saw it--but have no intention of ever displaying it. Oh well...

THE LOVE BUG:
A while back, I came across a poster for HERBIE GOES BANANAS. I should have let it go, but at the last minute something in my head told me that it would be easy to track down the other posters in the series--why not buy it? So I did. But, UGH! WHY!?! I had never even seen HERBIE GOES BANANAS or HERBIE GOES TO MONTE CARLO. I had not even seen the first two films (THE LOVE BUG or HERBIE RIDES AGAIN) since they originally played theaters when I was a kid. What was I thinking? But with the 4th poster in the series, I admit to have been CASUALLY looking for the others ever since. And lo' and behold, the original fell into my lap. Zowie! (Now just two more to go...unless I want to bother with the Lindsey Lohan remake/sequel HERBIE: FULLY LOADED as well.)

HALLOWEEN (2018):
I was reasonably sure I had one of these already (and why wouldn't I?). However, for whatever reason when I went looking for it, all I could find was the alternate poster that also includes Jamie Lee Curtis on the poster. Hmm. Do I have one of these styles? I wasn't sure, so... MINE!

THE MOONLIGHTER (3D):
It's no secret I am a sucker for a gimmick. Vintage 3D posters are among the top movie gimmicks I go after. I have several posters for vintage 3D posters---but was not sure I had this one. Yippie! Lucky me. Another I can scratch off the list.

NO TIME TO DIE (Nov 2020):
Another thing I'm never gonna NOT get is a James Bond poster. I love me some 007. I have the poster for the originally planned April release. However, the pandemic pushed it back to November---and they made a new poster. Now that the pandemic has pushed it back to April next year, these posters will either become trash or collectible. Hmm. Had to get it either way...

NO TIME TO DIE (Nov. 2020):
Okay--I'm a spazoid. I bought TWO of these. One was a regular bid, whereas one was a buy it now.  It's always nice to have a spare, right? Now to wait for the April 2021 poster... (I hope to God it's more interesting that the photoshopped Bond posters of the last decade or so...)

SPOOKIES:
I saw this flick years and years ago on VHS---and HATED it. It's rebirth on DVD and BluRay garnered it new fans. I gave it another watch. It was marginally better than I'd remembered--with some crazy effects. The thing I had always liked about it (even when it was on VHS) was the cheesy cover art. Who knew it had been a poster? I saw some video posters and was thinking of getting one of those, but then...hold the phone! There was a theatrical release poster? Apparently yes---and one became mine.

Okay, boils and ghouls, that's 10 and that's the poster show for today. And guess what? Believe it or not, I have another batch of poster (or almost another batch of ten) in my clutches so that I can post another episode of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show probably sooner than later. (And no, that was NOT a "threat". Calm down...

I hope you had a super Halloween (well, as good as possible despite the pandemic).

Stay SAFE! Stay MASKED! Wash your HANDS! And I'll see you NEXT time!
CHEERS!

Offline Steven11788

• Beginner
« Reply #1612 on: November 09, 2020, 12:33:21 PM »
Night of the walking Dead is great

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1613 on: November 09, 2020, 11:10:33 PM »
OOPS!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:17:52 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1614 on: November 09, 2020, 11:20:12 PM »

Well, well, well....less than 24 hours later, I am B-A-C-K! I threatened, er...TOLD you I had several more posters ready to slap toget ...er, carefully craft into fascinating and compelling post. It's mostly crap (which has become my hallmark, of late. Hmm...), but there are a few nice tidbits. (Or not.)

Steven11788:  NIGHT OF THE WALKING DEAD is great? The movie? The poster is just okay...  But thank you for visiting.

Okay. It's poster time. Take a look or run away now!!!!

YOURS, MINE, AND OURS:

This isn't the usual type of poster I'd go for. It's for a film starring Lucille Ball and I thought I'd seen this going crazy high before. Perhaps I am wrong? I bid a small amount and got this crazy low. Hmm. It's not the best poster ever...and what is that central shape? It looks like hips or a wide butt...but I think it is just supposed to be demonstrating that the "OURS" portion is busting at the seams? Whatever... I've seen the movie and it is okay. It's success gave the already-written BRADY BUNCH TV series the green light to be made. The only thing about the movie that I actually remember though is a brief shot where Lucy and Henry Fonda were supposed to be driving IN to San Francisco for dinner but the shot (rear projection) actually showed them driving AWAY from the city.

THE LOVE BUG (re-release):

Normally I wouldn't bother with a re-release poster. However, this one came with another poster. In my previous post, I discussed how, a while back I stupidly convinced myself to try and track down the HERBIE/LOVE BUG movie posters. That (sort of ) explains this...as you will see below.

HERBIE RIDES AGAIN:

This is the poster I was bidding on that I "won". It came with the original LOVE BUG re-release poster. I'd forgotten all about bidding on this until, several days after the auction ended, I saw I had an invoice waiting for me. Oops! This may be the lamest of the 4 HERBIE posters, but it still conveys the unique attributes of the titular Volkswagen. And suddenly, I only need one more (HERBIE GOES TO MONTE CARLO) to finish the series off (unless I bother with the remake/reboot/sequel HERBIE: FULLY LOADED).

THE DARK TOWER (Character advance styles):

I've read Stephen Kings DARK TOWER novels. There are like 7 or so in the series and they are big, monster-thick books. I was curious about the parred-down 90 minute (2 hour?) movie version. How could it possibly do it justice? Well, it didn't. But for what it was, it wasn't a bad movie. Hopefully some TV network will commit to making the full series based on the books. (Although the series' ending is pretty disappointing and a bit o' a copout.)

MEN OF SHERWOOD FOREST:

I know... I don't know what I was thinking either when I bought this. I had never even heard of this until i saw the poster. With a cast of people I've also never heard of.  Hmm.

A HARD DAY'S NIGHT (1982 re-release):

Again, normally I would not bother with a re-release poster. However, this is the poster for the release I first saw while in high school. Sure, I knew who The Beatles were, but up until that time, the only Beatles movie I had ever seen was the animated YELLOW SUBMARINE on TV. I LOVED this movie, though. It was fun and irreverent and also a bit surreal and wacky. (I particularly liked the moment when they were lined up at their 4 front doors all saying good night to each other...and they walk into their perspective houses only to see inside that they all live in one giant house. Brilliant!) I could totally see how THE MONKEES was said to be such a knockoff after seeing this film. I totally dug it.

MONDO BALORDO:

I think I have one of these already...but hello? Even though it's for an old mondo flick, it's Boris Karloff! You can't go wrong with Boris.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM (International Final style A ):

I got this simply because it was inexpensive and I wasn't sure I had a copy of a poster for this sequel.

SEX WISH:

Zowie--there's a porn ripoff of DEATH WISH? Ha! I think I might have a copy of this poster already (Do I?), but I was not sure. While I haven't seen the flick, I am guessing Harry Reems is in the Charles Bronson role? And how does he get his revenge (in a porn movie)? Sleeping with the bad guys' wives? Whatever--interesting novelty, if nothing else.

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER (International Style D):
I stumbled on this poster for the last (so far) STAR WARS sequel. I hadn't seen it before, I don't think. It wasn't too terribly expensive, so... I snatched it up. I'm not a STAR WARS fan, but know others are and it could increase in value in the future, a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

And that's another 10...with yet another post already in the works (well, I only have ONE poster...but I am watching a few on emovie and HA. Oh my!). Quick. Easy. DONE!

Until next time (whenever that might be...).

Again, stay SAFE! Stay MASKED! Wash your HANDS!

CHEERS!!!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1615 on: November 09, 2020, 11:39:32 PM »
I'm linking The Moonlighter 3D in Natural Vision. Natural Vision. Natural Vision is a thing, I looked it up! I really like the 3D posters too. Maybe sometime you can show the ones you have  thumbsup.gif

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1616 on: November 30, 2020, 08:58:50 PM »
And...I'm back. When I started this post weeks ago, I had high hopes of scoring a few long-sought after posters. Eh... the best laid plains... Crash and burn...But I DID get some posters. But there is nothing I am excited about for the most part. But still...it's a post. Take a look or don't. There might be some surprises---or not.

Steve/50s: ALWAYS a huge pleasure (and surprise) to see that you've visited my humble thread. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you dig the old 3D posters as well. I have a bunch (of course, NOT the ones everyone wants i.e. CREATURE and REVENGE OF THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, CAT WOMEN ON THE MOON, ROBOT MONSTER, etc.). I'm sure most, if not all, have been posted on here somewhere. But, I will TRY to round them all up and do a special 3D poster posting just for you down the road a piece, There really are some cool vintage 3D one sheets out there.

Okay...let's take a look:

THE MEDUSA TOUCH:
Most people probably have not heard of this utterly dull CARRIE knockoff starring Richard Burton. I could be wrong about it (having only ever seen it on HBO at my father's house when I was a kid), but I don't think so. It would be more well-known if it had been good...or at least decent. (Aside from jumping around in time -- which was confusing--the only thing about the film I remember was Burton bringing down an airplane with his mind!) I probably have one of these already, but wasn't sure. Why get it if I hated it? Well, it is a CARRIE ripoff and I have posters for several (THE FURY, JENNIFER, etc.). Plus, at $2.99, it wasn't too big of an expenditure. Maybe Burton telekinetically made me buy this from beyond the grave? EEEK!

TRAILING THE KILLER:
This is something I would usually not buy. However, the poster appeared to be in good shape and dates back to 1932. That's a year older than KING KONG. For the age alone, I thought it was worth what I paid for it. Perhaps I could resell it down the road for a profit?

Then, it actually arrived. There were tears on the borders and a tear by the cowboy's knee. But the real shocker was the chunk of paper missing from the mountain lion's paw. (see below) I've contacted the seller...and am waiting to hear back. But I'm NOT happy...

CORPSE EATERS:
How many copies of the CORPSE EATERS poster do I have already? Three? Four? More? Well, add another to the pile. This obscure turd of a regional zombie flick is not all that great--yet I really dig the poster. And this was one of the cheaper copies I've seen in a long time. SOLD!

KILLER FISH:
I already have a copy (well, SEVERAL copies) of this poster. What can I say? I have a soft spot for this cheesy movie. At $4.99, why not another copy? If you haven't seen this, it features a decent B-movie cast and is a weird combination of heist movie and JAWS rip-off, with a brief disaster movie moments (one of which features the most ludicrous tornado ever) and some romance. Ha!

MADMAN:
I think I have this already---but maybe not. What I'd really like is the poster for I, MADMAN. But... This is nothing exciting. It's just here because, well, I picked it up. Whoopie.

I, MADMAN:
There... I, MADMAN's poster is far more interesting than MADMAN's. Of course now that I have this, I think I already have one someplace. Oh well.

MEET THE FEEBLES:
I am surprised this bizarre-o film by fan-fave director Peter Jackson doesn't have a bigger following. in fact, I scooped this poster up for very little. Zowie! Thank you others for not knowing it. This flick plays like THE MUPPET SHOW on acid and was only Jackson's third film (according to IMDB). This was the one that came right before the better known DEAD ALIVE...which seems to be as far back as most of his fans go. Hmm. Interesting. I'm just thrilled to score the poster, baby!

GRIZZLY 2: REVENGE:
No one is probably more excited about this sequel than I am. OH MY STARS! The original GRIZZLY starred Christopher George and was essentially a 1976 JAWS ripoff set on land. GRIZZLY 2: REVENGE (aka GRIZZLY 2: THE CONCERT) went into production in (Hungary) 1983...and featured up and coming stars Charlie Sheen, George Clooney and Laura Dern. It also stars Deborah Raffin, John Rhys-Davies, Louise Fletcher, Deborah Foreman, and Charles Cyphers. All of the principal photography was done. All that was needed was some effects inserts, sound mixing and color correction...but the money man disappeared and the projected was shelved for 37 years! Well, it has finally been finished. It's played a few festivals and other places. A poster was produced (Score!---See below) and it will finally see a proper release on DVD/BluRay in January sometime. Wow--I can't wait to see it finally. Even though it's a sequel, I am so pumped to have the poster, too.

THE GIANT LEECHES:
Waaaagh! I have wanted this poster for years. It's on my list. It's a great B-movie classic! However, as thrilled as I am to get one...waaaagh! I am not happy I got this....and it's my own damn fault. Guess who didn't read the description very well? Guess who is stuck with a beautiful poster that is eternally marred with a damned Canadian censor stamp on it? ME!!!  The stamp is a deal breaker. I will probably never display this puppy now. Waaaaagh! Waaagh! WAAAGH! (Golly, I'm almost as big of a cry baby as the president. Sorry....)

BEGINNING OF THE END:
This poster should have been THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL or THE BIRDS. This came from the recent Heritage Auctions major auction. The night before it had started, I bid on THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL. When the auction came up, I was watching it. I was the top bidder (or so I thought) and there didn't appear to be anyone bidding against me. It closed and I had won...or so I believed. Later that night, I went to save the hi-res scan and it said someone else had been the high bidder. WHAT!?! How did that happen? UGH!!!! I have been after that poster forever...and it appears to have slipped through my fingers once again. On Sunday, the second day of the major auction, I had my eye on another "must have"--THE BIRDS. (How do I NOT have one of those yet?) As I was waiting for THE BIRDS to come up, this came up and I thought what the heck? The movie is pretty doofy lame, but the poster is kinda  fun. I didn't really want it, but was burned by the whole HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL fiasco and just wanted SOMETHING to make up for that. When THE BIRDS came up I bid...and was outbid and bid again. I was outbid and...my phone was ringing while I was trying to bid. ARGH! I tried to get rid of the call and somehow got rid of the auction page! F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well....

And that's it. I MIGHT be able to squeeze out one more post (at the very least a partial one) before the year's end. We shall see. (I already have three.)

Come back again, if you'd like. Thank you so much for visiting.

CHEERS!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1617 on: December 05, 2020, 08:18:35 PM »

I am seeing a mountain lion in the rock formation!... I guess it is like looking at cloud shapes, you need some imagination

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1618 on: December 05, 2020, 09:31:06 PM »
Steve/50s: I actually see it, now that you mention it. The front left paw is extended. Ha! Good eye...

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1619 on: December 15, 2020, 05:50:26 PM »

Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule).
As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters).

Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Take a gander at them or don't.

MONSTROSITY:
This isn't really a poster, per se. However, this flyer is probably the closest thing this Andy Milligan film ever had to a poster. Made late in his career and premiering straight to video, this 1987 ultra low-rent hodge-podge (literally as well as figuratively) was the third to the last film he made. The reverse features the film's description (in case any investors out there were interested). Milligan was such a schlockster...but as badly made and z-grade as his films were, that didn't stop him from making them and putting them out there. While I wish this were a one sheet, I am happy to have this.

PARADISO (3D glasses):
I've not seen the 1962 nudie cutie, but I have heard of it. In this one, from what I understand, a man is given a pair of sunglasses that are really x-ray spectacles allowing him to see through women's clothing. Spies are after him to get the glasses. Like the fab Canadian horror 3-D flick THE MASK, the 3-D portions of this film occur when the protagonist looks through the X-Ray specs. The audience gets a titillating view as well as the lead character....but in 3-D to boot. I already have a pair of these, but these appear to be in better condition and were cheap-ish. Why not?

GUMS:
For years, I thought this was a joke. It's not. It really exists. It's a porno (I saw the softcore version, but I am sure a hardcore one exists) spoof of JAWS featuring an orally obsessed "mermaid" (with legs...no fish tail as mermaids usually have. The poster lies.) It was clever...for all of 15 minutes or so and then became tedious and lame.  Ho hum. I rushed to find/buy this poster in the early moments of my joy at stumbling on a heretofore unknown (to me) JAWS parody. I wish I'd waited a while longer... Ha!

THE UNSEEN (Thai):
Bond girl Barbara Bach stars in this ho-hum horror. I don't know why I bought this. It's not that great of a poster. Even for a Thai poster, it's kind of dull...  oh well...

HOLLYWOOD 90028:
At first glance, you might mistake this for a BEVERLY HILLS 90020 knock off. However this hails from 1973...more than a decade before the TV teen soap opera. Yes, it's an ugly, dull poster...but it's also one you don't see often. Also released as INSANITY and TWISTED THROATS, I knew nothing about this flick until I saw the poster. I IMDB-ed it and the four reviews there intrigued me. The worst one gave it *** and called it "boring". The ***** review called it a missed opportunity.  However, the other reviews hooked me. One person referred to it as a "true buried curiosity." Another review gave it 10 stars, calling it "a genuine work of art," Yowza! Both of the positive reviews warned that the film is s-l-o-w and NOT a horror film. But now I'm intrigued.  The poster was cheap...and it became mine. Now to find the flick...

THE COMPANY OF WOLVES (Thai):
HORROR OF THE JUNGLE? I've never seen a reference to the film with that title before---other than on this Thai movie poster. I think I might already have a copy of this poster, but I'm not sure. (Just checked. Yep, I had it already...)

HERBIE GOES TO MONTE CARLO:
Okay... My strange and unexpected quest to track down all of the Herbie the Love Bug posters has come to a close with this poster (Unless--God forbid--I decide to go after the remake/reboot/sequel HERBIE FULLY LOADED). Except for the first two movies in the series (THE LOVE BUG and HERBIE RIDES AGAIN--in their initial releases when I was a kid), I've not seen any of the Herbie films (or the TV movie remake, or the TV series). The hunt for the posters started as a fluke and I'm just glad it is done (unless I go for the reboot.... NOOOOO!!!!!). That said, looking at this poster has me thinking several things. This is the third film in the series. Dean Jones was in the first film...and then apparently he gave Herbie (WHAT!?!) to Ken Berry in the sequel. How or why did he get him back for Part 3...and why did he abandon the Love Bug again for part 4?  Also, the art on the poster reminds me of an old Saturday morning cartoon I used to watch from w-a-y back, WACKY RACERS. Anyone else remember that? Dick Dastardly? Penelope Pitstop? Anyone?  Don Knotts and Roy (Veruca Salt's dad in WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY) Kinnear also star in this Disney flick.

EYEBALL (Bikini version):
I have long wanted this poster for the Umberto Lenzi giallo. I have the other version---but this version is the version to get. In case you are not familiar with the movie, a bus load of American tourists (I want to say they are in Barcelona, Spain) are being killed one by one by a killer in a red robe and hood...by gouging out their eyeballs! (If I were on the tour, I'd have split after the first or second murder! Jinkies!) I had heard bad things about the film before I saw it. However, when I finally tracked it down on disc, I found it engaging and interesting. For a giallo, I thought it was pretty good. This tri-folded poster sure is a winner!

And...jeepers creepers...that is it (at least until next year). Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Joyful Kwanza, Festive New Year's, Fabulous Fake Jan Day, etc. Stay SAFE through it all if you can. The vaccines will be widely available soon enough. You can do this.

Thanks for visiting--as always. I'll see you NEXT year! (Well, I'll be posting my BEST OF 2020 soon--but that is a big rerun in a sense and doesn't count).
CHEERS!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 07:09:42 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1620 on: December 15, 2020, 10:24:15 PM »
Congratulations on completing your Herbie collection. I see something in the poster as well reminding of wacky races... maybe the sharp nose car or 2 people per car. Well done.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1621 on: December 15, 2020, 10:57:48 PM »
Congratulations on completing your Herbie collection. I see something in the poster as well reminding of wacky races... maybe the sharp nose car or 2 people per car. Well done.
Ha! Whoo.... I have the Herbie posters. Such a monumental accomplishment. NOT! But I am glad someone else remembers WACKY RACERS. You are right. Some of the cars did have two occupants. There was the cavemen guys, the military guys, the hillbilly and the bear---probably others that I don't recall.  Even Dick Dastardly had Muttley. Thanks for visiting. Cheers!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1622 on: December 16, 2020, 08:31:06 AM »
Nice pick ups as usual.  I was gunning for that Thai Company of Wolves (and several others) recently! 
Dug deep into my archives for this gem I thought you might like. (hey Vick who's thread is this anyway?)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1623 on: December 17, 2020, 09:53:44 PM »
Zowie, Vick---that is an awesome PARADISO poster. Thank you so much for sharing.

CHEERS!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Welcome to 2021 and a new year of cool, vintage movie posters (hopefully). Jeepers, I am already starting the year off with three or four titles I am very excited about. (Psst! They are towards the bottom.) I don't expect to buy much this year, actually. I know I say that all of the time, but this year I will have all sorts of crazy medical expenses and a move (California to Washington--sometime this coming fall).  I can't afford much... EEEK! I shouldn't have bought these. (Yes, I should have. I NEEDED them, right?) Anyway, take a look or don't.
Oh! It looks like the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. Grab a seat and here we go-go...

TENEMENT (aka GAME OF SURVIVAL):

I already have a copy of this...but it and the one below were "free" with another purchase. This is a video one sheet...and it has been re-titled from the theatrical release as GAME OF SURVIVAL.  Grindhouse legend Roberta Findlay directed this sleaze epic. It was released not so long ago on BluRay with the combined title TENEMENT: GAME OF SURVIVAL. Rolled tri-fold.

THE INCREDIBLE TORTURE SHOW (aka BLOODSUCKING FREAKS):
Another freebie I already have...but I will gladly take another copy. This is the original release poster for the infamous BLOODSUCKING FREAKS, a pretty grim low-budget sickie shocker from the 70s that the folks at Troma bought and rechristened with the better (and more exploitative) moniker. The poster shows it was rated X...but it was for violence, not porn.

GOLIATH AND THE GIANTS (Italian 2 foglio re-release):
Although I dig (most of) the old gladiator/peplum/"Hercules"-type films from the late-50's/early 60's, I pretty much have all of the ones I want. I only display my horror stuff and am kind of done collecting these. I would have passed on this had it not been so cheap (maybe $7, I think?). Eh? Why not? Sold.

BARRACUDA (French large):
I have one of these already, but I paid a lot more for that one than this one. I love my JAWS knockoffs and there is another grande-sized poster like this on eBay for more than $800! Yikes! So...why not a spare? I never got to see JAWS in its initial release (nor JAWS 2 --but I did see them in their re-releases in the early 80s). BARRACUDA came out in 1978 and it was the first JAWS-like movie I got to see. Sure, the film was NOT great, but at the time, I'd take what I could get.

ERASERHEAD (Italian 2 foglio 2017 re-release):
Although I'd much rather have a US one sheet for this, I don't think one sheets for ERASERHEAD actually exist. Even though this is Italian and a re-release, it still features the famed photo of Jack Nance in David Lynch's disturbing debut feature film.

VOODOO BLACK EXORCIST:
I know this is an UGLY poster. It's an even WORSE movie. I've been hunting this movie poster down for YEARS. While I paid more for it than I would have liked to, I have bid higher (and lost) for the poster in the past. What's the deal-i-o? This is actually a  Spanish movie from 1975 that has been dubbed and retitled to not only exploit the then-recent hit THE EXORCIST, but also play up the popular horror blaxploitation market of the era. The mummy of a voodoo priest is brought back to life on a cruise ship. It sounds interesting but is total crap and utterly forgettable (scoring a whopping 2.5 stars out of 10 on IMDB.com). But as a collector of schlock and blaxploitation horror posters, I had to have this.

FROGS (Italian 2 Foglio):
Ooooo... I have been after the Italian poster for FROGS for a long time. Hot diggity! Such amazing horror art of nature gone amuck ,.,.with lizards, spiders, a snake...and, ironically, not a single frog anywhere to be seen. ("Rane" is Italian for "frogs," so I am guessing by retaining the FROGS title, Italian movie goers could have had no idea frogs were even in the movie.)

QUEEN OF BLOOD:
This was an unexpected pick up that I am o' so delighted to have scored. This poster is GORGEOUS (as most of AIP's horror/sci fi posters were back in the day...). The film is set in the near future (1990! Zowie!) when Earth makes contact with an alien race. Basil Rathbone, John Saxon and Dennis Hopper star. Wild, out of this world action with a green alien "vampire." (Is that giving anything away?) EEK!

SPOOK CHASERS:
I have a few Bowery Boys posters, starting with THE BOWERY BOYS MEET THE MONSTERS (of course). After that find, I became aware of this title---and have been after it since. SPOOK CHASERS? How could I NOT want it? I've been outbid on it left and right. I spotted this one on eBay. Hmm. I watched it for weeks...possibly months. Compared to others I'd missed out on, it was a fair price...and it looked to be in pretty good condition. Plus it was from a dealer I had purchased from in the past. I don't know why I was dragging my feet...but I finally bit the bullet and bought it. Whoo hoo!

THE HORROR SHOW:
I spent more on this than I would have liked--but it was worth it. I've seen this poster in the past, but usually in another language. However, this was in English and a one-sheet size. I've never seen this documentary and I never knew it existed until I first saw the poster. This poster seems to be hard to find, as well (Or maybe I've just been unlucky in tracking one down?). But just look at the poster....ZOWIE! It features a horror smorgasbord of horror figures from throughout film history. How could I pass this up? IMDB says this was a TV movie---so, of course, any one sheet would be hard to track down. (This is clearly an international one sheet for foreign theatrical distribution---hence the lack of a rating.)

Okay, kids...that's it for this time. Hopefully there was a title or two you enjoyed getting a gander at. Ugh... I've got to get to bed.
Cheers and...