Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 346807 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket

The girls represent the actual characters from the film and the poster also includes a special surprise.

The girls from the film and the special surprise are neat, but what happened to Spicoli?  8)

guest4754

I agree with you on the Santa Sangre video poster being cooler than most theatricals, first time I've seen it and I really like it! And love the Fast Times at Ridgemont High poster, one of my favorite movies. I actually just watched it last night. Nice scores all around as usual!

Mirosae

Uhm...will comeback some another time  <OO

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Neo: Good to see you. Thanks for popping by.

e: Hey. How are you. Glad you liked a few things in the latest bat h-o-rama.

Rosa : Sorry nothing this time appealed to you. I thought you'd appreciate the new towel at least as you liked the last one so well.

Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Mirosae

Rosa : Sorry nothing this time appealed to you. I thought you'd appreciate the new towel at least as you liked the last one so well.

>:D on the contrary Shawn...i dont comment if i dont like the posters, I only  comment if I do...so I  do like yours!!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:06:41 AM by Mirosae »

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Yep, liking Fast Times (great flashbacks), Spiritualist for the art, Farrah for the wrap me up with her joy

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi. I'm back from my mini-birthday vacation. It was nice.

Rosa: Well check back next time. I have a few new things...nothing much, but something...that you may like and feel comfortable commenting on. But, as always, it is an extreme pleasure to have you visit  my thread.

Steve: You'll  need to check back next time too. I have a new one that has YOU written all over it. And... Aha! I had a feeling you would have Phoebe flashbacks... Ha. Thanks for chiming in.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
It's May---geez this year is just screaming by. EEEK! I hope everyone is well ant that you've survived spring and are gearing up for a long, hot summer... (O' the horror!). Speaking of a long, hot summer.... I've postponed moving back into my house at the beginning of summer until September or early October. Why? To save on high electric bills during the hot summer months.

Blah. Blah. Blah. I know it's the 1st---not the 15th. But--argh! I already have a bunch of posters for the month. I guess I'll have to do two posts...one now and another on the 15th.

Here are the posters i got in the last month...er, few weeks:

FAIR WIND TO JAVA:

I already have a couple of copies of this poster. It was part of a lot with the poster below. There seems to be a good supply of this poster floating about, which keeps it pretty cheap. But, in my opinion, it's a stunning poster. The art work, the color--when I got my first copy and it was in such pristine condition, i just fell in love with it. I don't mind the other copies one bit.

HELL SHIP MUTINY:

Not a horror poster, but it intrigued me none the less. It features John Carradine and Peter Lorre -- two horror icons. Jon Hall is also featured. Nice tropical evening art. Steve will appreciate the native hula bikini thing. Ha!

ANDY WARHOL'S BAD:

I've been trying to track down Andy Warhol posters for years. BAD isn't nearly as hard to get as a lot of the other AW movies, I just was never able to snag one until now. This one was one of the last (the last?). What i dig about this poster is that it looks like there is tape on it--but there it's part of the poster.

SUCCUBUS:

I've never seen this flick, but remember stumbling across a picture or an ad for it when I was younger--probably in a book. SUCCUBUS!?! I had never heard the term up to that point and thought it sounded naughty. Ha! Knowing Jess Franco, I'm sure it is. Euro-trash from 1969...and cheap. Quasi-horror and erotica (by 1969 standards, of course...). Whatever.

SWEET KILL:

Also not that hard to find, but it has eluded me for a long time, SWEET KILL. It's a wannabe PSYCHO from the early 70s with Tab Hunter as a guy the ladies are wild about--but they make him impotent...until he kills them! Zowie! Kind of a sleaze fest that bombed when it first came out. Interesting none the less. My interest in this was piqued when i had the opportunity to meet Mr. Hunter a few years back. He was nice and still looks great for his age. I realized my entire experience with Tab Hunter movies consisted of RIDE THE WILD SURF, GREASE 2, LUST IN THE DUST and POLYESTER. I needed to track down some of his other films...and I did get several...but the only one I've watched so far is SWEET KILL.

BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (International version):

Yes, i know this movie was a big flop and is considered to be a really awful movie. I love it. I love campy, kitschy trash...and this is a hilarious disaster movie with an all-star cast that has every reason to be embarrassed. I dig this movie. Anyway, I have the US poster. I just didn't have this international version--which intrigued me. Mine is NOT from emovieposter. i just used their photo as an example. I don't have a photo of mine.

THE LION HUNTERS:

Oh my stars! FINALLY! My first BOMBA poster. Bom-who? Bomba!  Bomba was an obvious ripoff of the popular TARZAN series. The producers went a bit further to ensure the success of a teenage jungle boy by casting Johnny Sheffield (who played "boy" in the Tarzan series, until he got to be too old and was written out of the films). There are 12 films in the series. LION HUNTERS is #5. Yippie! Only 11 posters in the series left to go!

GONE WITH THE WIND (1998 re-release):

I believe this is the poster for the last nation-wide re-release (1998) of GONE WITH THE WIND on film. There has (I think) been an occasional digitally projected showing...but that's it. Not that that's any sort of milestone, but...  I already have some of the 70s and 80s re-release poster and one 60s poster. This one is a bit different. I had one once before (with a big sticker snipe on it for some reason)years ago--but I framed it and gave it away to a friend (who loves GWTW) for her birthday.

BENEATH THE VALLEY OF THE ULTRA VIXENS:

Here's one for Steve...  Oh my stars! I remember when this film came out and the newspaper ads showed this poster image. The title alone had me wondering what the heck BENEATH THE VALLEY OF THE ULTRA VIXENS could possibly be about--and the image of all of these big busted women gave me some idea. The combo of the crazy title and the boobs stuck in my head. i've NEVER seen the movie. I have a feeling it would be a tedious T&A sex comedy and would never live up to whatever expectations I could have for a movie with such a wild title. Oh well... Steve will at least appreciate the poster.

FLESH GORDON 2: FLESH GORDON MEETS THE COSMIC CHEERLEADERS: (Video)

The original FLESH GORDON was not that great (and super dated...totally early 70s). I have always been fascinated by it though---more because of the IDEA of the movie (not so much in the execution of it) and also because of an article I had read about it in Cinematastique (Was that the name?) magazine on the special effects. It was years later when I finally got to see it on VHS. Decades later, a sequel was made. It was literally pretty crappy (there were actually poo people in it!), but again---the idea of FLESH GORDON (the possibility of what it could have been) over the final result. Again, i heard about the film but had to wait years to see it when it was finally released on video. I didn't think it had ever gotten a theatrical release, so when i saw this video poster pop up for sale, i thought why not? Since getting it, I've learned there WAS a theatrical release...very limited it seems. I'll have to try for a poster from that release...very different art.

BLOOD BATH :

"The shrieking of mutilated victims caged in a black pit of horror..." That sounds like a typical day at my place. I've heard this film is a complete mess (part of it was shot and unfinished...then, later, another director shot more stuff with other actors and they somehow wove it all together), but you can't deny this poster's horrific appeal. Zowie!  See the screaming blonde woman lowered into a boiling (!?!) vat of blood while skeletons watch. Too groovy ghoulie cool.

';

THE THRILL KILLERS:

Zowie! I got the poster for one of Ray Dennis Steckler's trash-o-rama flicks, THE THRILL KILLERS. Ray was the creator of such gutter budgeted films as THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES, RAT PFINK A BOO BOO, BLOOD SHACK, and THE HOLLYWOOD STRANGLER MEETS THE SKID ROW SLASHER. Many of his films starred CASH FLAGG...a non de plume for Steckler himself! Ha! His films also usually starred wife Carolyn Brandt (which this one does). This film also stars LIZ RENAY (noted stripper and later star of John Waters' DESPERATE LIVING)! This is hard to find--but yippie I scored one!

And just because, here is the first part of an episode of THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE FILM SHOW about Ray Dennis Steckler...and ironically, the interviewer never seems to realize Ray IS Cash Flagg. Ha!  

And that's it really.

I hope everyone survived tax day and is having a groovy spring!

CHEERS!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:43:54 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Gotta love that steaming, bubbling blood bath, there, Shawn.  She will come out looking like Carrie.   ;D    devil 2
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:19:47 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Yes, BLOOD BATH is probably my favorite pick of the current lot as well. I also like THRILL KILLERS a lot. That axe through the head illustration is very unnerving. EEK!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Yeah.. that splitting head art on the Thrill Killers is cool, too. The large round eyes on the face really pull you in.

-Jeff

Offline Chris9000

• Collector

Wow man, you're humming right along with more killer pick-ups! I love the Flesh-Gordon and Ulta Vixens. I grew up on both horror, sleeze-horror, and just sleeze  :) Back when you could walk into your mom and pop video store at 11yo and rent whatever you picked off the shelf.

It's funny, the posters for these types of films are valuable now, because they were so unvaluable back then. Who in their right mind would think of saving a 'Flesh Gordon 2' poster, or 'Sorority Babes in the Slime Bowl-a-Rama,' or 'Class of Nuke'em High,' for any other reason than to start a fire in the fireplace back when it was released. Because so many of them were trashed, they're so difficult to come by. It's a very niche market for sure, but I know quite a few folks that would clamor of stuff like that.

I've seen ...Ultra Vixens. It's a mess, even for a Russ film. But as the poster shows it does have some redeeming, ahem, qualities.

Congrats again buddy.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Oh my stars indeed, peek-a-boo

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi there. Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy it when people pop in and visit.

JEFF : Yes, the eyes in the illustration do pull you in and you realize that third "eye" is an axe handle...and the axe is wedged in his head. Yowch!

FILM ARMADA : I am soooo pleased you understand my "taste" when it comes to the sleaze aspect of my collection. I learned quite a while back that some titles never had a theatrical release. If you want a poster for it, you'll have to settle for a video release. And I have seen them go crazy high in the last few years like you say. EEEK! Your own collection is zipping along. You are a fine addition to the form. Glad you came aboard and thanks for stopping by.

STEVE : I knew that poster would have a thing or two (or 12) to catch your eye... Ha!
'
And--just an aside--I realized something as I was typing my response to Jeff. As I was writing "axe", my computer underlined it in red. I realize "ax" is the preferred spelling, but "a-x-e" is also an accepted spelling. I personally learned how to spell ax with an "e" (which has always been the way I've spelled it) from a movie poster (well, movie AD in the newspaper actually...). The ad for the Harry Novak-released flick "AXE" (aka "California Axe Massacre"...retitled to cash in on the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" no doubt) caught my childhood eye during my daily perusal of the movie section. Ooooo I definitely wanted to see THAT! But, literally, the poster art was where I learned how to spell "axe". Ha!

Since it is still early in May (morning of the 4th as I write this...) and i already have too many posters (5 !!) since my last posting (just 3 days ago. EEK!), I'm going to go ahead and add these few up as well:

EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC:

I already have a copy of this. I got it simply because it was cheap and in a lot that included the poster below it. For years, EXORCIST 2 was considered one of the all-time worst movies ever made...which meant, of course, that I LOVED it. Ha! It's totally crap--but I dig it. It's reputation for being so bad has kind of been lifted after the excruciatingly awful 4th film EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING (as well as the planned/shelved/released anyway other Part 4...EXORCIST: DOMINION)...and any number of straight to video EXORCIST clone cheapies out today.

SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT PART 2:

Yes, I already have this poster. But the theatrical release poster for SNDN2 has got to be rare--so why NOT buy a second copy to resell later? This and the EXORCIST 2 were in a lot together and cheap. Speaking of cheap--have you seen this movie? One half of it is NOTHING but flashbacks from the first SNDN. REALLY!

THE LEGEND OF TARZAN (advance):

I wasn't going to buy this poster--it's really a bland and uninteresting thing, in my opinion-but I stumbled across this one brand new and with shipping it was still less than $10. I have a fairly large TARZAN poster collection already...I have everything from the most recent (and awful) TARZAN AND THE LOST CITY back to the early/middle of the Gordon Scott era, with a Lex Barker, Johnny Weismueller (re-release), and Herman Brix (silent era) poster thrown in. This poster really does NOT do it for me. But, as a Tarzan collector, i should have known I'd end up getting one. I only hope that the studio puts out a much better poster for the final release. This one is sooooo boring.

BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS:

Yahoo!  This is another Ted V. Mikels no budget classic! And what a great title! How many times did i annoy friends when entering this title in a game of charades---because no one I knew had ever heard of it. I had been eyeing a copy of this on Amazon...but they wanted $150 for it. I paid less than a third of that price for this one. Yippie! A terrifying, screaming plunge to the depths of hell! Zowie!

THE TERROR:

I have long wanted this poster. I got the advance version last year, but still wanted the full-color one sheet. This poster is cool, but has always perplexed me. The white line that cuts Karloff's face in half makes me think it was painted on two separate canvases pushed together to make the poster's artwork. The little scenes on either side of his face seem to try to hide the separation, especially in regards to the spider's web, which doesn't seem to continue on from the lower half to the upper half. Still a cool poster---but I'm not happy with it. I failed to notice the censor stamp on it before I bought it. UGH! That is the kiss of death for a poster in my collection. Eventually I'll resell this... DRAT!

Hopefully I won't buy any more posters before my regularly scheduled visit on the 15th (that won't happen, i'm sure... but I can hope!). Thanks again for visiting.

CHEERS!

PS I just had it pointed out that today is STAR WARS DAY. While I'm not a big fan of the film series (I've seen most of them, but...), I do like bogus holidays like this.

May the Fourth be with you!  Ha!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:18:43 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I always liked The Terror OS, too, Shawn. And I see it also is Reynold Brown artwork!  thumbsup.gif

And you're right.. that horizontal line thru Karloff's face and the set of spiderwebs in the lower half that just are cut off and end, when it gets to that white line.. or the shadowing under Karloff's right eye. The continuation of that shadow on his upper cheek doesnt match totally, either.

Would love to know the story behind this creation, too, that's for sure.  sherlockholmes.gif

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
How do you know it is Reynold Brown?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Internet research and I also checked here:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/TERROR%2520%2528%252763%2529/tag/nation%253AU.S./type/1sh/style/style%2520A/archive.html

And what is interesting is to look at the half sheet that shows the same Karloff facial image, but not "interrupted", webs and all:

Its like they took the art and in deciding to use just the imagery of the 2 damsels caught in the web, had to blow up and crop just that part, then readjust, so that it matched the upper portion of Karloff's face. Then quickly put together, without any real finesse.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:59:04 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Ah!  Congratulations, Mr. Holmes!  Well done.

Mirosae

I think we all need Gone with the Wind poster, congratulations for finding yours. And congratulations too on the others, any posters with Peter Lorre or Fred MacMurray are winners  :)

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Rosa! How delightful to see you/have you visit. I thought you might enjoy the GWTW poster, even though it's not that old. I like it, even though it's a modern photoshop thing. The silhouette against the fiery sunset and blue sky with Scarlett and Rhett just about to kiss works for me. It's very different than the versions I have from the 60s/70s/80s. GWTW reminds me of my grandmother. That was her favorite film. I took her to see it at least twice in re-releases in her later years. It's to her memory that I even bothered to read the book (great book) and the sequels (SCARLETT and RHETT BUTLER'S PEOPLE---both authorized by the Mitchell estate, but annoying in that the storylines do NOT jibe. Grrr.).  Blah. Blah. Blah. I hope all is well with you. Thanks for the visit.  Cheers!

Mirosae

Hey there. .. :)

i read one of the sequels too and agree with you, they are not good enough.. what I like about yours, this modern poster is that you have Hattie-mcdaniel. I also like the Japanese r 70s poster  (have you seen that one?) Great collection. Keep them coming!!

:)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:15:41 AM by Mirosae »

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
No, i haven't seen the 70s Japanese version...but I'll look for one to check out.

Come back, if you like, on the 15th. I'll have another post...with a few items that are not (Gasp!) posters. (Oh my!)

It's always nice to see you.

Cha-cha-cha CHEERS!

Mirosae

Hi Shawn hola.gif

This is the one Gone with the wind Japanese R71. There is a later R75 but this one is my favourite, I  also like yours because it has the supporting actors.

#luvpaper # GoneWithTheWind

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:54:15 PM by Mirosae »

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Stunning. Thanks for sharing. Do you have one of those?

Mirosae

Stunning. Thanks for sharing. Do you have one of those?

Not yet... GWTW is on my list too. ... :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:20:15 PM by Mirosae »