Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 346736 times)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi there. Here is another quickie post... (Ted, i am still looking at one that i think you will appreciate the most tomorrow.)

First, that interview about my poster collecting experience that was used to promote the new poster book disappeared (other stuff is there now). Luckily, i tracked it down. Here is the corrected link:

http://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1017?articleID=171803

And now to say hello to everyone...

ARI, glad you dig the NEKROMANTIK. My surprise poster for you is here and i'll send it soon (probably AFTER the holidays). It's NOT a NEKROMANTIK...sorry. It's NOT even a horror movie. Ha!  You'll see what it is eventually...

STEVE: You like the Ghana poster, huh? It's kind of cool...but I favor my other one, i think. Of course, you are always partial to your first. Thanks!

ROSA: Glad you dig the ASTRO ZOMBIES and agree that the BFI quads are nice (and a great way to get paper on classic flicks),,,but what??  Holy Shock-a-rama, Batman! Rosa is not keen on THE WIZARD OF OZ???  Amazing and baffling.

e: Thanks for digging the ASTRO ZOMBIES and GHANA poster. What have you been tracking down lately?

Anyway, here's 10 more new ones (to me). I've only got a few posts left... At the beginning of the year I am planning on taking the year more or less off (allowing myself only one visit a month). It's a plan to A) save money and B) focus on "possible dreams" bucket list posters. I'll explain more later.

Anyway--on with the posters:

PIRANHA 3D (Quad):

I dig my JAWS ripoffs. I also dig my gimmick/3D flicks. While i already have the US one sheet, it was very different than this quad (which was inexpensive). SOLD! (And i'm sure Steve will notice the bikini top in the water... Ha!)

PIRANHA 3DD (Quad):

Event though i was fortunate enough to "win" Crazy Vick's copy of the one sheet for PIRANHA 3DD in an emovie auction not too long back, i came upon this quad (almost identical to the one sheet) when i found the PIRANHA 3D quad. So--to have the pair in quad form (since i have a pair in one sheet form), i went for it. I still have not seen the movie though. i have it on Blu Ray 3D, but need the bluray 3D player and a 3d TV first. Argh!

THE TRIUMPH OF HERCULES (Spanish):

Not long ago, i accidentally bought three pressbooks that i mistook for posters (I was dealing with an italian dealer. OOPS! My bad.). The pressbook for this was among them, so when i came across the poster...which was cheap-ish...I just got it. I dig my Hercules movies.

GLADIATOR OF ROME (aka EL RETURNO DE MACISTE) (Spanish):

Another "Hercules" movie (well, without Hercules---but i call all of these type of flicks "Hercules movies"). Great depiction of Gordon Scott (the first movie Tarzan in color) as Maciste or whoever the GLADIATOR OF ROME translated into. But with his legs the way they are, it almost looks like he has to go to the bathroom. I don't suppose there are pee breaks in battle?

JUNGLE DRUMS:

I already have a copy of this poster...and it's just gorgeous! When i saw another one for very little cash, i snapped it up (Argh! Why do i do that?). This serial poster stars the LONE RANGER Clay(ton) Moore and TV's original Lois Lane (first season) Phyllis Coates

JUNGLE HEADHUNTERS:

Zowie! SEE HUMAN HEADS SHRUNK TO THE SIZE OF BASEBALLS!?! Who wouldn't want a poster like this in their living room? I'm not sure what this movie is...a drama or documentary, but...wow! what wonderful poster art (and from the wholesome 1950s? Really? AMAZING!).

INTO THE STORM (Quad):

Picked up this quad of the recent 3D disaster flick when i got the PIRANHA duo.

NIGHT OF A THOUSAND CATS (Spanish):

This is an awful movie--but also very funny if you are in the right mood, because it is sooooo STUPID. Ha! A rich guy flies around in a helicopter picking up women (in the park, from their apartment terraces, etc.) in the helicopter and then takes them back to his home in the jungle (!!). His house is this big, ancient stone ruins. (!?!) Hugo Stiglitz never struck me as much of a ladies man (must be the helicopter?), but he stars...as the demented killer. Once he has sex with the women, he kills them, keeps their heads in big glass jars...and feeds the rest of them to these feral stray cats he keeps trapped in this pit room in his house. WTF!? The US poster is much better, but I saw this Spanish one and thought I'd pick it up.

LADY FRANKENSTEIN (Belgian):

Cheesy and sleazy---but could have been so much better--is the Belgian poster for LADY FRANKENSTEIN. Nice use of color. No, this is not the one that was recently sold on emovie...but i got it for just about the same price, maybe a tad cheaper?

ANGST (German):

Last poster for today...and i have NO IDEA what ANGST is. I HOPE it's a movie poster though. i got this from the same German dealer i got the NEKROMANTIK poster from. Wild images...looks like it would be an interesting flick.

And that was it...  Ten super quick-o's!  Now I really must dash off!

CHEERS!

Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
PS I almost didn't see you sneak that reply in Rosa! Ha!

Glad you liked the poster post that reminded me of you...and YES, i will watch the movie soon (probably after the holidays).

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Nice ones.

The sequel, Piranha 3DD is not on the same level as the first, IMO, but "The Hoff", etc. in 3DD are a real hoot.

Into the Storm is a neat flick, with cool cinematography and effects.  Highly recommended on 3D, as well as Piranha 3DD, and of course Piranha 3D.   8)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:17:12 PM by Neo »

guest4754

another nice batch.

e: Thanks for digging the ASTRO ZOMBIES and GHANA poster. What have you been tracking down lately?
A bit of the same ol' same ol', Dario Argento posters, etc. oh and one really exciting poster :) I'll probably post a little update around christmas when I have a few days off.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Okay, here is the Ted-inspired post (well, the things towards the top are Ted-esque). Whoo hoo. The count down is on...for not only my final poster post of the year, but before I severely cut back on poster buying and APF time.

I'm writing this early with the hopes of posting it in the wee hours of the morning (California time) if/when I score that last Ted-esque item I'm hoping for... I apologize now if you visited and I didn't acknowledge you....

But let's say hello to who i know for sure came by...

NEO!  Glad to see you, as always.I did see PIRANHA 3D and INTO THE STORM in 3D...just have not seen PIRANHA 3DD. Darn it all. it didn't play anywhere near me. ARGH!

e:  Argento and one super special poster????  Oooooooo... It sounds delightful. i can NOT wait.

Okay--time for the Poster Show!!!

KING KONG (Spanish re-release):

Ooooo here is the iconic KING KONG poster image (that, I don't think was ever used as a US poster for release...even though everyone seems to think it was) on a Spanish language re-release poster. Let's give it up for the big ape.

KING KONG (German re-release)

AGAIN--the 8th Wonder of the World!  Here is a German re-release for KING KONG (which looks like it is called KING KONG AND THE WHITE WOMAN...or something like that...in Germany. ha!). Not the best KONG poster ever..but still KONG!!!!

KING KONG ESCAPES (Italian):

If you are reading this, it means that i DID score my last minute KONG addition in a late-night auction. UGH! (I'm probably super tired). This is the Italian poster for KING KONG ESCAPES. Not the most exciting sequel not the most exciting poster---but it's still KONG!!!!!!

KING KONG (Italian re-release):

Here is my biggest KONG coup since the summer...the Italian 1960s re-release poster. Fabulous!  LOVE the color in this... This is NOT the one that was recently on eMovie. That one went for big bucks. This cost less than half of that one--thank goodness--and it was great to get it. (This was the 2nd favorite KONG after my 1956 re-release. LOVE IT!)

HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN (British quad 1950s re-release):

This is not the one that sold on Heritage Auctions. I thought I had WON that one for some reason, but when the auction ended, it was NOT me that had won it. OOPS!  Almost immediately afterwards i noticed this one for sale overseas. It seemed to be the same price., SOLD!  It was only when i went to pay for it that i realized my blunder. While the euro is pretty much equalt to a dollar, this poster's price was in pounds...which meant I had to cough up about $100 MORE that the Heritage poster went for. ARGH!  So not cool...but cool-ish poster.

THE NEW ADVENTURES OF TARZAN:

OH MY STARS!!!!  I can not believe that i have a TARZAN poster from the silent era!  Okay--i KNOW there were talkies/sound in 1935 (Hello? KING KONG was 1933 and that is all over this post). But THE NEW ADVENTURES OF TARZAN was first a silent serial...and then edited down for a silent feature, which this poster is for. Hermann Brix (who later changed his name to Bruce Bennett and had a very nice Hollywood career) stars. This isn't as exciting as an Elmo Lincoln TARZAN, for sure...but the oldest I've had to this point was one of the Lesser (as in Sol Lesser) Tarzan re-releases, TARZAN'S DESERT MYSTERY, which was one of the final (of 12) Tarzan's Johnny Weissmuller did. Golly.

VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED and CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED (re-release combo):

Sorry to have to use an eMovie picture (not my poster), but the dealer i am buying this from directly didn't send me a picture. i know what it looks like and i totally trust his near mint/uniused description as I have dealt with him many times before.  I don't have the one sheet for either movie---so this double feature re-release is an awesome find. YIPPIE!  Creepy movies with creepier kids. Beware their stare!!!

RE-ANIMATOR:

Wow!  I have wanted one of these for a long while. i have the other poster version (photo version)--but have wanted this cool art style one for a long while. it's harder to find. cool poster for a cool movie.

BARON BLOOD:

I've never seen the movie, but the poster has always intrigued me. Is this film any good? It's Mario Bava so it has to at least be visually stunning. Hmm.

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO

Oh my stars!  The poster for the supermarionation full-length feature is in the mail, heading my way, even as i write this. This is a dream come true. And, yes, the THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO...and I need to GO---to the bathroom and to bed!

Good night!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:22:58 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com

Ooooo here is the iconic KING KONG poster image (that, I don't think was ever used as a US poster for release...even though everyone seems to think it was) on a Spanish language re-release poster. Let's give it up for the big ape.

It is on the ultra-rare 1938 re-release one-sheet, and then was used for the Portal Publication poster in the 1960s.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
 notworthy.gif  Awwww... Thank you, Bruce!  I have never actually seen the 1938 re-release poster then. Just the commercial print that keeps popping up. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! notworthy.gif

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Big congrats on the Italian rerelease  you scored for half price  thumbsup.gif

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hello. I'm back...posting 10 more recent acquisitions. Besides this post, I think i have enough for about 2 or 3 more posts. Once they're are all posted, that's it for the year. And I'll only be back occasionally next year.

Steve--thanks for the visit and the interesting chit-chat we pm-ed each other. VERY interesting. THANK YOU.

KING KONG VS GODZILLA (Italian):

Drat it all. This was supposed to be in the post earlier this morning. Grrr. When I stumbled on this poster (the third different one , i think, with this same title...but i liked this opne the best), I thought it must be a retitling. THE TRIUMPH OF KING KONG? Never heard of it. imagine my surprise when i discovered it was actually KING KONG VS GODZILLA! Ha!

SUSPIRIA (Spanish):

Another groovy SUSPIRIA poster. Still dig the US one sheet best, but anything SUSPIRIA is SUSPIRIAstic!

TRAUMA (Italian):

I've not seen this flick yet (what else is new?), but it was an Italian Argento...THUMBS UP!

BARBARIAN MASTER (Italian):

I had no idea what this was when i bought. i still don't knoiw what it is now that i found the US title. i bought this poster because it made me laugh out loud. Check out the molten-hot sword rising from the bowl...or maybe from his crotch? Ha! How phallic can you get? TOO funny. Apparently this is some 80s CONAN wannabe.

FRIDAY THE 13TH (remake British quad):

About the only thing i can say that was positive about the remake of FRIDAY THE 13TH was that it had a cool poster. Not as cool as the original, but better than say... part 2, 3, 4, or 5. Ha! 

HORROR EXPRESS:

This was kind of an oops!  I had just been contemplating an Italian HORROR EXPRESS when a dealer sent me a list of items he had for sale. This guy is reputable and I trust his grading. The only thing is--there were no pictures available. I saw HORROR EXPRESS very reasonably priced and snatched it up...and then I realized (snore) this was the boring reddish US poster and NOT the cool Italian poster I had been (evil) eyeing. Waaagh!

HORROR EXPRESS (Italian):

So, darn it all, I had to go back and buy the Italian version as well.

SLEEPING BEAUTY (French re-release):

My 2nd (and probably final) poster ever for Disney's SLEEPING BEAUTY. Again, as with the other US one sheet for the film i got, why does Prince Erik get his self on there twice, when the titular start girl only gets on the poster once? Ha!

THE OMEN (Czech):

Oooooo I wanted this for a while. It will make a nice companion piece to my US and Turkish OMEN posters!

SOCIETY (Italian):

Last poster for the evening (good, because i need to get to bed. i have to be up at 5 am for work in the morning. Blah!) is the Italian poster for the cult horror flick SOCIETY. Different art (I think i prefer the US one...but I have NOT been able to get one.)

Okay---i know it's early, but it's pumpkin time for me.

Good night!

guest4754

So you're the one that nabbed that Spanish Suspiria  :P. Great stuff, particularly the Argento posters of course. Unfortunately Trauma really marks Argento's decline in my opinion, I honestly kind of have a love/hate relationship with the movie. It's worth a watch anyways.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Wow Shawn. Nice batch once again. All the King Kongs are great. Your collection is now the ninth world wonder. I just rewatched King Kong from 2005 last night. Didnt remember most of the scenes. 3hrs long but Kong fighting scenes were great to see again. I forgot all about the Dinosaurs too. Any ways I hope you are enjoying everything and take a break so everyone else can find stuff too. You are buying it all! -jason

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Congrats on winning that Czech Omen!!!!!  P.S. you suck...that is all! haha
This Space For Rent!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
MATANGO-ATTACK OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE (Italian):

Zowie!  I LOVED (and was weirded out by) this movie as a kid...kind of like a strange Japanese GILLIGAN'S ISLAND with a gruesome twist. I looked for a US one sheet for years before I realized the film had gone straight to TV here...and there was no theatrical release. Imagine my pleasant surprise when i came across this Italian poster. Mamma Mia! What a find.

No offense to Godzilla and his kaiju brethren, but this film is my favorite from Toho and Ishiro Honda.
Weirded me out as a kid also.
 imbecile.gif

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
ANGST (German):

Last poster for today...and i have NO IDEA what ANGST is. I HOPE it's a movie poster though. i got this from the same German dealer i got the NEKROMANTIK poster from. Wild images...looks like it would be an interesting flick.

Really like the look of this one, Shawn.
Very cool.
I did some research. Yes, its a film called Fiend (1980).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080730/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_6

Interestingly enough, it co-stars George Stover, the creator of two superb horror fanzines back in the day -- Black Oracle and Cinemacabre.
Black Oracle was a very small mini-fanzine (maybe 3"x5"). I still have copies of them somewhere around here... probably under that stack of bodies in the corner....
I never met George, but I did buy some of his movie posters through the mail.
That was a lifetime ago, before they put this internet thingy on all these computers.
Wow... how times have changed.
 imbecile.gif
Stover, like his peers Gary Svehla of Gore Creatures and Fred Clarke of Cinefantastique, were crazy monster-movie poster collectors and reputable guys to buy from. They lived and breathed the psychotronic scene.  They researched the films, they wrote some of the best articles I have ever read about the genre and, they sold their own posters cheap and well-packaged.
Ahhhh... those were the days.....

But I digress...
Thanks for letting me wax nostalgic.
Your posters bring it out in me.
 cheers

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Post time. I have 10 more to share...then only enough for 2 more full posts after that (plus maybe a mini-post., I have slowed way down, but keep buying. You can't expect me to just go cold turkey, can you?)

Quick hellos (I gotta get some more Christmas shopping/etc done. Yikes!):

e: Yes, i snagged the Spanish SUSPIRIA. Sorry. I didn't know you were watching otherwise i'd have left it. i promise not to buy any more Argento for a long, LONG time.

JASON: Glad you like the KONGs. And, I agree, the 2005 KONG was pretty great (but I still prefer the original). I am taking a break by the end of the year...but while it may seem like I am buying everything (ha!)...it still feels like everyone else is buying everything out from under me!  I'm not quite done...but more or less done. Ha!

GINGERMAN: Don't even get after me about the Czech OMEN as i totally wanted the Japanese B2 FRIDAY THE 13th...but saw you were bidding on it, so i stood down. Did you bid on the OMEN as well? i didn't see you on it when i bid. Sorry. You can have the next one.

TED: Super glad you liked (and understood about ) the MATANGO and zowie---thanks for the info on FIEND/ANGST. I looked it up on the link. I may need to see it now. THANKS!!!!

And now, on to the Shock-A-Rama Poster Show!

HERCULES THE INVINCIBLE (Italian):

You know i love my Hercules movies... Clearly, this flick has come towards the end of the Sword & Sandal era.  They didn't even bother to commission an artist for the poster--just stuck some photos on and called it good.

MACISTE IN THE LAND OF THE CYCLOPS (Italian):

Another that I believe came towards the end of the genre's popularity. The poster is okay---but I am sure the lead actor's name is Gordon Mitchell...NOT Mitchell Gordon. Did they bother to fix it? Nope. Ha!

SAMSON AND HIS MIGHTY CHALLENGE (Italian):

This is brilliant on the part of the Italian filmmakers...getting the 4 mightiest heroes of the peplum genre together; Hercules, Samson, Maciste and Ursus. However, curiously, when it was imported to the US, only ONE of the four was highlighted (or mentioned) in the title--just SAMSON. Ha!

URSUS IN THE LAND OF FIRE (Italian):

Decent art on this poster---although the depiction of Ursus looks NOTHING like blonde star Ed Fury.

THE LOVES OF HERCULES (Italian):

This is the most curious poster of all... Not only is star Mickey Hargitay's first name misspelled (perhaps Micke is the Italian version of Mickey?), but the real star of the film, Jayne Mansfield (who plays two roles!) is NOT even mentioned! Yowza! I bet her agent was pissed.

DYNASTY (Italian):

Not a sword & sandal flick, but i am a sucker for 3D/gimmicks and couldn't NOT get this poster. Similar to the US version, but different artwork trying to convey the 3D effect in poster form. Cool.

THE HUMANOID (Italian):

I've never seen this sci-fi flick starring Richard "Jaws" Kiel, but scored the poster pretty darn cheap. I think i might need to track this flick down...

ALICE IN WONDERLAND (Italian):

Ha!  I was sort of stunned when i stumbled on this Italian poster for the adult version of ALICE IN WONDERLAND from the 1970s. Ha!  Even our cheesy, low-budget crap gets imported too, apparently. Different art than ours...something for Steve to enjoy...

EVIL LAUGH:

This is not my poster (hence the watermark), just an example. Picked it up cheap. I must have missed this in the 80s. Never heard of it--but kind of cool graphics.

BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE (Italian):

I am not familiar with this movie at all...but it's an Italian seggittone (or something like that)...a 1F (or whatever would pass for a 1F if there were such a thing.)

And that's if for now. Very few poster shows left...  Oh my stars!

Stay tuned!

CHEERS!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:49:36 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

guest4754

e: Yes, i snagged the Spanish SUSPIRIA. Sorry. I didn't know you were watching otherwise i'd have left it. i promise not to buy any more Argento for a long, LONG time.
Ha, no worries those pop up fairly often.

I like that blood of the vampire soggettone, never seen the movie either but it looks odd from that poster.

It's gonna be a little sad around here with less frequent shock-a-rama poster shows that's for sure.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Okay, here is the Ted-inspired post (well, the things towards the top are Ted-esque).

KING KONG (German re-release)

AGAIN--the 8th Wonder of the World!  Here is a German re-release for KING KONG (which looks like it is called KING KONG AND THE WHITE WOMAN...or something like that...in Germany. ha!). Not the best KONG poster ever..but still KONG!!!!

KING KONG ESCAPES (Italian):

If you are reading this, it means that i DID score my last minute KONG addition in a late-night auction. UGH! (I'm probably super tired). This is the Italian poster for KING KONG ESCAPES. Not the most exciting sequel not the most exciting poster---but it's still KONG!!!!!!

KING KONG (Italian re-release):

Here is my biggest KONG coup since the summer...the Italian 1960s re-release poster. Fabulous!  LOVE the color in this... This is NOT the one that was recently on eMovie. That one went for big bucks. This cost less than half of that one--thank goodness--and it was great to get it. (This was the 2nd favorite KONG after my 1956 re-release. LOVE IT!)

Jeezum crow...this Monster A Go-Go movie-poster avalanche has me running a few days behind you, man.
These Kongs are all too awesome for words...
Maybe 'Wowee-kazowee!' sums it up best?
 imbecile.gif

Mirosae

Shawn knows how to put a collection together!!! :D

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Okay...we are getting down to the nitty gritty. After this, i have enough poster for 1 more full post and then a partial post...unless i buy more. Argh. I'm trying to save the best for last so this grouping of 10 will have not be the most exciting.

Rosa, you are sweet. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello.

Ted: So glad you like the KONG stuff. Forget Elvis, Kong is the KING!

e: Saw the PR you wanted. Yikes! Pricey!  Maybe you'll find a cheaper one in the elsewhere I directed to. GOOD LOOK whatever you do.

And now, on to the SHOCK-A-RAMA Poster Show:

SABU AND THE MAGIC RING:

I came across this and was enchanted with the fantasy quality of the poster. It set me back a whole $5.50. Sure it has some obvious issues (see the corner), but it doesn't ;look to bad. How fun.

THE NANNY:

From the same dealer, this one set me back $5. Zowie!  Upping my later Bette Davis poster quota. I've never seen this, but she plays a nanny from Hell, right? Sounds like a hoot!

FRIDAY THE 13TH (Japanese B2):

Gingerman snagged the one on emovie a while back---but i tracked this one down. I needed it to go with my B2 PART 2 and PART 3. This will probably be the last Japanese poster I buy as I am focusing on my bucket list in 2016. But I got one---yippie!

RAIDERS OF THE LIVING DEAD:

This is such a crappy movie and the poster is a dime a dozen. i probably already have one, but just to be sure i snagged one now. Crap or not, it's still a zombie flick--sort of.

SURVIVE (German):

I stumbled upon this Germ,an poster for the exploitation classic "SURVIVE". It's the most graphic poster for the film i've seen... (well, it's not THAT graphic, but...) and I picked it up for under $15 (including shipping). Sale-a-rama!!!

THE CRIME OF DAVID LEVENSTEIN (Italian 2F):

I had no idea what this was when i picked it up as i don't speak Italian. It looked like a nazisploitation flick (well, doesn't it?)...and it apparently kind of is, but came before the nazisploitation genre kicked into gear. THE CRIME OF DAVID LEVENSTEIN sounds like it was nazisploitation meets DEATH WISH. Levenstein is [picked out as a Jew and sent to a concentration camp. he survives and, years later, goes after those who tormented him and his family in the camps!!!  Actually, it sounds kind of good... Anyway, i really dig the artwork here. Very nice work.

THE BAD SEED:

Oooo the all-time original killer kid classic. I met Patty McCormack who played Rhoda Penmark. NOW i have the poster. AWESOME! (And I didn't have to knock anyone off to get it. Ha!)

UNKNOWN TERROR:

Old B-Movie poster time. I've never seen this---looks like it was typical low budget drive-in crap? Whoo hoo!

VENGEANCE OF SHE:

I may already have this---but certainly do NOT have the Ursula Andress SHE (or the original silent classic poster either). I've never seen any of the SHE flicks...but really feel i should.  They're quasi-classics, right?

KISS THEM FOR ME:

Never saw this either, but it's JAYNE MANSFIELD...from her A-list star days (which were o' so short...). Carey Grant ius in this too. Yowza!

FIRST MEN IN THE MOON:

Hooray!  Years ago i got the alternate poster (without realizing it was the alternate poster after spending big bucks on it) but really wanted this version with the cool action-packed scenes from the film added in. Love it. And DYNAMATION!!!!  I'm such a gimmick whore.

Okay...we are down to only 1 full post and a fraction of another...  and less than 10 days left of 2015.

Happy holidays!

Cheers!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:36:33 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
two hammer posters, I am impressed.
Love SURVIVE also.
oh I love them all.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Mirosae

I am very much taken by the First Man in the Moon. I think it has to be one of these posters which just keeps you going, so much to look at and very colourful. Great one Shawn, thank you for sharing!!!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi there. This is it...the last FULL post of 10 posters. I have enough after this for one last partial post (unless i pick up a few more between now and whenever i post the last post for the year---before i cut back to monthly updates.only.  EEK!

ARI---Thanks for stopping by. Golly, I didn't even realize I had posted 2 HAMMER posters until you mentioned them. I know I have one in this post, but didn't realize that THE NANNY and VENGEANCE OF SHE were Hammer films.(I LOOKED at the posters but didn't READ them. Ha!)

ROSA---Yes, that version of the MOON poster does have a lot going on in it--which is why, when I realized I'd bought the other (dull) version years ago, I have been trying to get this one. Love it. And make sure you look closely at the first poster for today's post. Ha!

Let's see. What do i have this time:

THE VENGEANCE OF DR MABUSE (Spanish):

I really dig the art on this. it's really the only reason i bought it. It turns out that it's a Jano poster. Also note that it was produced by our own Rosa's film company. (Hee hee). I know virtually nothing about this flick, other than it;'s another early Jess Franco and that it utilizes the Dr, Mabuse character that had been around for a while before this flick.

THE HOUSE THE SCREAMED (Italian):

Another poster i had no idea what it was, but I picked it up for the art. Nice work. The film itself has a nice atmosphere, but the scares are not there by today's standards. But the ending was totally ripped off by a popular grindhouse flick years later.

SHOCK aka BEYOND THE DOOR 2 (Italian):

Mario Bava's last flick. It's interesting, but not necessarily his best work. I have the BEYOND THE DOOR 2 one sheet, but i really wish they'd made a poster of the ad slick instead of what they ended up using for the one sheet. This original Italian poster has a nice creepy yet mysterious dread to it I dig it...

GAPPA (Italian):

GIANT MONSTER FLICK!!!  Need i say more? Ha! Pretty groovy poster too..  This cost me $11. Bargains-a-go-go always welcome at Christmas time!!! Thank you Santa!

FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN

I've never really seen the Hammer FRANKENSTEIN series. I have seen the DRACULA films and some other stuff---but not the FRANKENSTEINS. I saw this and bid...and left it to chance. I won surprisingly.,

OLGA'S HOUSE OF SHAME:

My stars. The OLGA series has been a big part of my poster year. There's the whole ordeal of the THREE copies of the first poster in the series, WHITE SLAVES OF CHINATOWN. I also picked up poster #4 in the series, MME. OLGA'S MASSAGE PARLOR. I already had a copy of this, my favorite title and poster in the series, OLGA'S HOUSE OF SHAME, but my copy had a corner all but torn off. i needed a new copy. The one shown is not the new one, but my new copy is in fab-o-rama shape...NM!  Whoo hoo!  now i just need OLGA'S GIRLS (and maybe--but I might already have it--OLGA'S DANCE HALL GIRLS...which is the last film of the series, but also my favorite.).

HERCULES:

Believe it or not, this was a bucket list title---the 1959 Steve reeves HERCULES poster, the movie that started the whole crazy peplum genre. The films have al;l but been forgotten today---and the video copies available are pretty awful, but some of the better films of the genre are a real treat to watch (others are real snore-inducers).  Finally though--the first HERCULES one sheet!  Yahoo.,

ZOMBIES OF MORA TAU:

I have never seen this flick and know nothing about it, but have seen this 50s (?) poster swim into my sphere of vision a few times---and have been curious. Early zombie movies are always interesting (but not always good). Love the vintage look of the poster (well, it IS vintage. Ha!) How groovy ghoulie wonderful!

NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST:

EEEK!  Here's is another wild and fab drive-in horror flick poster. No, I have not seen this either (for such a movie addict, how do i NOT see so many movies?), but I'd have been to the theater opening week for sure with this blood-drenched poster luring me in!  Yowza!!!

EATEN ALIVE (British quad):

Wow!  Look at this cool quad. i love the shocking art work and the way they convey the action seemingly coming off of the screen. Unfortunately the artwork is rather tame--relying on the title to supply the real horror...but it's still nifty. This is not my actual poster--but a great example to share.  Not the best cannibal movie ever made--but a mighty tasty quad to be sure. Yum!

And that's today's post. As it stands, as i write this, i only have 6 more posters left to share.  (Of course, there's an auction tonight, and Thursday,,,and Sunday there are several! Ha!) Let's see what happens.

Merry Christmas!  i hope Santa is good to you and you get that FRANKENSTEIN 6-sheet poster you've been dreaming about. Ha!

(Speaking of Christmas, I've got to go and be one of those crazy people who are doing things at the last minute... UGH!)

CHEERS!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:31:11 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

guest4754

e: Saw the PR you wanted. Yikes! Pricey!  Maybe you'll find a cheaper one in the elsewhere I directed to. GOOD LOOK whatever you do.
Yeah...I really contemplated going higher but in the end decided it was better not to. Also I totally overlooked that paper loss in the middle, and while EMP may still consider it in very good condition, that paper loss would've bothered me. Anyway I've already found a few other things with your help, so it all worked out in the end anyway.

Man so the shock-a-rama poster show is winding down, a little sad about it but hey if there's going to be more of your bucket list posters being posted than I'm certainly intrigued!

My favorites from these last two posts are The House that Screamed(I have the U.S one sheet but this Italian version is superior I think), Shock(yet again another example of our similar tastes...hint hint), Friday the 13th, and Olga's House of Shame.

cheers

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
I'm with e... the show must go on! bed1

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
GINGERMAN: Don't even get after me about the Czech OMEN as i totally wanted the Japanese B2 FRIDAY THE 13th...but saw you were bidding on it, so i stood down. Did you bid on the OMEN as well? i didn't see you on it when i bid. Sorry. You can have the next one.

I was just giving you a bit of grief my friend!  ;D I see you found a Friday the 13th B2! Congrats. Now I need to find that Czech Omen. I also got your message, I scanned over it. I will read it in more depth shortly! You are always welcome to email me should you find anything next year you want to share. I wish you the best on your list, and hope you do not leave us completely.
This Space For Rent!