Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 341701 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

It's all very simple when you think about it... Jeff is a woman

:-*

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
:-*

Now, now, Jeff... kissy faces aside, you still need to help poor Gingerman out:

Jeff, don't tease Gingerman. Show him the way to his SNOW WHITE foil quest... He's still in his inaugural year on the site. Cut the man some slack. BESIDES, he is super busy organizing his poster website and painting his mural. He doesn't have time to search every thread in APF...   :)

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Yeah what this guy ^^^^^^^^ said! Haha  though I have been slacking a bit since Thanksgiving! Back to painting tomorrow, so look for an update.
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Now, now, Jeff... kissy faces aside, you still need to help poor Gingerman out:

CHEERS!

It's around here somewheres.

I could swear it was.  ;D

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I'm B-A-C-K from my Thanksgiving trip and short hiatus from the boards. I'll be on and off throughout the month before I go on my big hiatus...where I plan to only visit about once a month throughout 2016.

Jeff, don't tease Gingerman. Show him the way to his SNOW WHITE foil quest... He's still in his inaugural year on the site. Cut the man some slack. BESIDES, he is super busy organizing his poster website and painting his mural. He doesn't have time to search every thread in APF...   :)

Gingerman, hopefully the above will work. Ha! (I'm curious too!)

CHEERS!

I might have been thinking this thread.... close but not quite the cigar, now that i read it again.  :-\

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,2455.0.html

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
I might have been thinking this thread.... close but not quite the cigar, now that i read it again.  :-\

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,2455.0.html

See I think this is the confussion!!!!! This thread is about the Mirror Mirror Snow White. Which I have not purchased/bid because it is so easily damaged, and have not found one in a condition to my liking.

I am referring to the 50th Snow White.

The one I have, the boarder is foil around to the wording 50th Anniversary. It is rolled, GoGo has the folded version and he says it is not foil. Some of this 50th have foil some don't.....  hmmm.gif   
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Chris, you have a boarder with foil? Is it tin? That can be a good insulator, especially this time of year, (or when roasting a turkey). Did this person first appear on your doorstep wrapped or rolled in it and is he/she current on the rent? 

;D ;D imbecile.gif qip

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
And now, I hand over my APF spelling police hat to Jeff

guest4754

Oh man the story about your grandma made me lol, literally. Looking forward to the next shock-a-rama poster show, not that this one was all that bad  :P

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

I saw it and couldn't resist... it was ripe for the picking. Fun times.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:49:04 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Chris, you have a boarder with foil? Is it tin? That can be a good insulator, especially this time of year, (or when roasting a turkey). Did this person first appear on your doorstep wrapped or rolled in it and is he/she current on the rent? 

;D ;D imbecile.gif qip

Thanks, Internet Trolls!  :-*

This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Love the scrolling troll.  ;D

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Okay... Shake the sh*t off of your shoes from the last slog through the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show.  Today's post should (hopefully) be better than yesterday's post.

Jeff and Gingerman, thank you for the amusing banter. It's always nice to see you both here.

Steve, I'm sure I have a new poster that will titillate you somewhat. I'll make sure to include it.

e this is the post that I think you will find a lot of similarities with your recent post...well, SOME anyway.

Let's take a look... (Just don't let your expectations get too high...):

A BLADE IN THE DARK (Italian):

Believe it or not, e, but when I bought this, I had no idea what the US title was. I just liked the spooky art. It was only when i saw it on your page that I realized it was A BLADE IN THE DARK. Are you sitting down? Although I have the DVD, i don't think i've ever seen it. I'm so bad. I have all of these classic Italian horror and giallos on DVD...just never got around to watching them. Where does the time go? (Oh yes...it goes shopping for posters! Duh!)

SUSPIRIA (Japanese Chirashi):

OOPS! Another copycat item. Mine is a chirashi (and your BITD is a locandia --or however it's spelled). I don't recall what yours was offhand. Now i HAVE seen SUSPIRIA several times. Great music, great use of color, great Italian horror! I didn't see it until the video age, but I do remember vividly when I was a kid and the commercials for it would come on TV...the creepy Goblin theme was playing while there was a lady with her back to the camera, brushing her hair and saying the poem from the film...then she turns to the camera and she's a skeleton. Then the announcer says that the only thing more frightening than the last 10 minutes of the movie are the first 82...or something like that! Yowza!  That put little Monster A GoGo on his toes. I couldn't wait to see that film. It took more than a decade, but i finally DID see it. Wowzer!

THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE (Spanish):

And another poster similar to yours, e. I don't remember yours exactly (I'm afraid to look. Is it the same? ha!) Again, I have this movie--just have never seen it. My bad...

THE TORTURE CHAMBER OF DR. SADISM (Italian):

Steve, this it the one I thought you'd enjoy the most today. I thought the artwork was fab, but again...it's a movie I have never seen.

THE OMEN (Turkish):

I know i just got one of these not too long back. However, after years and years of trying to get one on one of the auction sites and always being outbid, I finally clued in to look elsewhere...and got one dirt cheap. When this one came up, equally dirt cheap i couldn't let it go. Maybe I'll send it to the auction house someday so others can bid on it like crazy like I had been doing for so long. LOVE the original "OMEN" movie and this Turkish poster really adds so much over the US one sheet.

ALIEN (Turkish):

When I got THE OMEN, i saw this available...  Again, dirt cheap. Sold!

CARRIE (Turkish):

Another i have been trying to get for years... The original CARRIE is such a great movie, despite the dated fashions and hair. The sequel (yes, there is one...THE RAGE-CARRIE 2), TV remake and recent theatrical remake have nothing on the first one. And you can not top the performances of Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie. The Turkish poster is creepily different than the US poster (which was one of the first posters i ever had...possibly the 2nd or 3rd way back in the day...before i ever saw the movie!). Glad to have this.

CATHY'S CURSE (Italian):

While no where near as good as CARRIE, this Canadian rip-off was interesting enough for me (but would probably bore everyone else). The poster is sort of ...eh. But why not?

MURDERER'S ROW and THE SILENCERS (re-release double feature combo):

I know this is sort of the poster that does NOT go with the others. It doesn't fit in with today's...nor will it fit in with the next few postings i have planned...so i'll just post it here now (it's a combo poster, which will sort of segue into the final poster at least...). I love James Bond flicks and have been tracking down the knock offs lately. While the Matt Helm flicks weren't nearly as good, Dean Martin was, well...Dean Martin-ish--cool, suave, and hip. There were lots of great leading lady co-stars in the series and it was made in the groovy 60s-a-go-go period before the whole hippie/summer of love/peace and flower power thang. I dig it. I don't have many Helm posters yet (do i have any? Maybe a WRECKING CREW that isn't up to the quality i need it to be), so i am thrilled with this combo poster. Yeah, baby!

BRAIN OF BLOOD and VAMPIRE PEOPLE (combo):

Hemisphere Pictures had a string of hits made in the Philippines during the mid/late 60s and early 70s. BLOOD DRINKERS was, i think, the earliest one. Then they started the successful BLOOD ISLAND series (BRIDES OF BLOOD, BEAST OF BLOOD, MAD DOCTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND, etc.). The company got into the habit of releasing one a year around Halloween time (from my understanding of what I've read about them) and they were very successful. When the Philippine filmmakers had trouble, they turned to Al Adamson for their next film...which, keeping with the BLOOD in the titles, was dubbed BRAIN OF BLOOD. Not connected to the other films in any way, many still consider it part of the larger BLOOD series (which, despite many taking place on BLOOD ISLAND, are all unrelated). As an added bonus to appease fans, Hemisphere released BRAIN OF BLOOD with VAMPIRE PEOPLE (which was just a re-titling of BLOOD DRINKERS). I have a lot of the BLOOD posters. I need BRIDES OF BLOOD, but have the other BLOOD ISLAND one sheets. This was an added bonus...not really a BLOOD movie, but sort of. Why not?

And that's all for today, boils and ghouls.

Cha-cha-cha!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:35:42 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
BRAVO!!! Loving the turkish stuff!  Perhaps you might share with me said location of another Turkish Omen/Carrie! Haha  thumbsup.gif

I seem to be one step behind you. I just got my Thai Buried Alive, My Friday 13th b2s last night, wonder which way you will go next........
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:54:24 PM by Gingerman »
This Space For Rent!

guest4754

Haha wow, you weren't kidding when you said you got similar stuff. You should definitely watch A Blade in the Dark when you have a chance, it's a fine giallo.

Nice Suspiria chirashi, I'm actually starting to grow a bit fond of chirashis(just started a little project where I get the chirashi counterpart to each JP poster I have...maybe that's a bit dorky :P). I'm glad you brought up the commercial for it, I saw it the other day on youtube for the first time and man I can only imagine what it was like seeing that as a kid. In case anyone is interested here it is

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_8zbV_fFkYs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_8zbV_fFkYs</a>

Ah looks to be the same The Bird with the Crystal Plumage poster, and from the same person too! He's got some other good Spanish posters, decent prices too compared to some other people ebay. Another movie you should watch soon, I think you got some movies to watch while you're on your break from here  :P

The other stuff you got is great too!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Thanks MAGG for sharing your titillating poster  thumbsup.gif

I also like the Brain of Blood, how weirdly great!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Zowie!  This looks to be my THIRD posting in less than 24 hours.  

Today is an educational post...sharing things i've learned by mistakes I've made...or just from sampling things and realizing now what I like and don't like.

Gingerman, we've already talked.

e, glad you liked the posters...and THANKS for posting the trailer. The commercial was shorter--just the lady brushing her hair. But i had totally forgotten about those trippy, organic-looking breathing letters. Wow!  Whoever put that ad together was brilliant.

Steve, glad you liked the one poster I thought of you with and BRAIN OF BLOOD. I agree that BOB has a wonderfully cheezy/sleazy/horror feel to it that is hard to resist.

Okay, here are the next 10:

AMERICAN GRAFFITI (Italian pressbook)

I recently got a US "American Graffiti" even though i'm not a huge fan of the movie. When I stumbled on this...looking so perfect and pristine...and CHEAP...I was beside myself. An Italian dealer had it and others (see the next two items below). I'm still trying to learn my foreign poster sizes...and i THOUGHT this was a poster. And it's hard dealing with dealers when you don't speak their lingo...and vice/versa. I bought it. OOPS. it's a pressbook.

FROM BEYOND (Spanish pressbook):

Same story as above. It looked perfect and unique and was so cheap. NOT a poster...it's a pressbook. Rats!

THE TRIUMPH OF HERCULES (Spanish pressbook):

Here is another pressbook I mistook for an incredibly stunning poster in perfect condition. Drat! Drat! DRAT!!!  Lesson learned...

VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (Spanish herald):

This is a Spanish herald---not a poster. Lesson learned #2

PIRATAS SUBMARINE ( SUBMARINE PIRATES? Spanish):

This one is a poster...and it's not so much a "lesson" i learned, I just thought it was interesting to note that the poster for this "movie" is apparently culled from episodes of the old "SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN". Nowhere on the poster does it reference the TV show, but if you look at the cast list (Lee Majors, Richard Anderson, Martin Brooks), it can't be anything else. Ha!  How funny. Looks like that shark is going to get its jaw bionically ripped open. (Que bionic sound effect!)

TINTORERA (Italian):

TINTORERA is an awful, awful sucky movie. I would not recommend wasting your time on it. However the German poster (which i recently got) is pretty cool with its monster shark swimming about. I like my JAWS knock-offs and decided to go ahead and get the Italian version (which is very similar to the US version...just that there's more art around the edges in the Italian version and, oh yes, the girl victim is nude! Ha!). This is a 2F. I just got a bunch of 2Fs in today and OH MY STARS! I forgot how HUGE they are. EEEK! Lesson learned today is that I prefer the Italian one sheet size over the 2F...or, god forbid, the 4F. Eeek!  i just got a whole bunch of 2Fs (to be shared in the coming days...). Oh well.

TINTORERA (Italian soggettone):

Yes, more TINTORERA. Just because I buy the posters is NOT an endorsement for the movie. AVOID IT---really!  This one shows the real shark with a person in its mouth. The person looks like a CPR dummy. Ha! It probably is. This poster is a soggettone or something like that. Yeah...i've decided that in addition to the too large 2F and 4fs, I'm not wild about the Italian soggettone sizes or the locandinas. They're okay--just not 'me" (I was always a US one sheet kind of guy until i ventured out into the foreign posters this year).

ENCOUNTER IN THE DEEP (Spanish):

This is not the actual poster I got --but a photo I found online to demonstrate. (The one i got was shown in close up of various quadrants--no full shot). I really don't know what I was thinking when i got this, I've never heard of this flick,,,but apparently something about aliens, the Bermuda Triangle and diving. Bound to be dumb, i'm sure..,. But the dealer was kind enough to include two fotobustas of the same movie with this. The poster is a Spanish release...but the fotobustas are for Italian releases. Whatever...

ENCOUNTER IN THE DEEP (Italian fotobustas):

Here are the fotobustas, What I learned from these is...I'm not really wild about fotobustas either. These are my first. Except for one other i'll share later, they'll probablyt be my last. They're just (to me) glorified lobby cards...which I've purchased in the past, but really do not collect. Oh well. These were at least free.

Hey, i just realized. The guy in this movie is the same guy (Andres Garcia) that's in TINTORERA. Amazing!  He got another job after that stinker of a shark movie!

Okay. There...three posts in less than 24 hours. Shall i go for a 4th? Nah... i'll save that for later. i have stuff to do.

Have a groovy evening.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:13:56 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
I like the pressbooks, buy a cheap frame and enjoy them
Re Fotobustas! I LOVE them, yes they are lobby cards, seriously some have great art, and the quality of the photos can be great (especially 60's ones)
good stuff, enjoy.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
DOLLS:

I never saw this, but looks like typical Charles Band crap-a-rama. And it had a theatrical release. Hmm. This would go with the DOLLY DEAREST poster I got a while back.

Don't write this one off too quickly, Go-Go.
It is a loving homage to classic 30s horror starring Guy Rolfe (Mr. Sardonicus), who is eerily reminiscent of Boris Karloff in his role as a mysterious toymaker.
The director of this class act is none other than Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator, From Beyond, Castle Freak, etc.).
I'm glad you brought this one up as it is one I would recommend to Quadmaster Paul Waines, who is always searching for films that he might not have seen.
Its from 1987 and easily one of my favorite horror films of that decade.
Watch it and you'll thank me later.

Okay... I'll get off my DOLLS soapbox now.
 wynk

Offline Ari

• Curator
AGREED! Its LOTS of fun.
and apart from Gordon, theres Brian (Society) Yuzna!
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Don't write this one off too quickly, Go-Go.
It is a loving homage to classic 30s horror starring Guy Rolfe (Mr. Sardonicus), who is eerily reminiscent of Boris Karloff in his role as a mysterious toymaker.
The director of this class act is none other than Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator, From Beyond, Castle Freak, etc.).
I'm glad you brought this one up as it is one I would recommend to Quadmaster Paul Waines, who is always searching for films that he might not have seen.
Its from 1987 and easily one of my favorite horror films of that decade.
Watch it and you'll thank me later.

Okay... I'll get off my DOLLS soapbox now.
 wynk

AGREED! Its LOTS of fun.
and apart from Gordon, theres Brian (Society) Yuzna!

I will have to look it up, because I have not seen this one!
This Space For Rent!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
I will have to look it up, because I have not seen this one!

Ditto what Gingerman says...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic

CARRIE (Turkish):

Another i have been trying to get for years... The original CARRIE is such a great movie, despite the dated fashions and hair. The sequel (yes, there is one...THE RAGE-CARRIE 2), TV remake and recent theatrical remake have nothing on the first one. And you can not top the performances of Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie. The Turkish poster is creepily different than the US poster (which was one of the first posters i ever had...possibly the 2nd or 3rd way back in the day...before i ever saw the movie!). Glad to have this.

Great design for a great film.

Lots of wicked psychotronic scores in the last few days, Go-Go.
God help the next exploitation fan who stands in your path, 'cause you are a true movie monster.
 cheers

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Okay, okay...here's a 4th posting. Whoo hoo!

Ari, apparently you ARE still online where ever you are. Cool.

Ted, thanks for bringing DOLLS to my attention. it can't be that hard to find. i'll have to track it down...

Gingerman, how is the painting coming along?

With the close of escrow on my house sale coming either late this week or early next week, I thought I'd do a mini-salute to real estate in movie posters!

LA CASA (aka EVIL DEAD) (Italian):

Let's take a look at this first house... LA CASA is the name they stuck on THE EVIL DEAD when it first played in Italy.  That kind of makes sense--it's an acceptable title---except the house in the movie looks NOTHING like the house depicted on the poster.

LA CASA 2 (aka EVIL DEAD 2) (Italian):

Our next stunning model home is none other than EVIL DEAD 2, of course. It has high ceilings, low floors and things in the basement best left alone...

LA CASA 3 (aka GHOSTHOUSE) (Italian):

I know. i know...  You were expecting ARMY OF DARKNESS when we got to our lovely third CASA, weren't you? WRONG! Those wacky Italians who pay so little attention to things like copyrights. Similar to how DAWN OF THE DEAD (released as ZOMBI in Italy) got illegitimately sequelized with ZOMBI 2 (which we call ZOMBIE), those silly Italians slapped on the LA CASA moniker on anything spooky house related. In this case it's actually the totally unrelated GHOSTHOUSE.  Spooky clown doll anyone?

LA CASA 4 (aka WITCHERY) (Italian):

And here we are in the David Hasselhoff/Linda Blair WITCHERY chateau. I never dared to venture inside myself. This CASA just looks awful to me. No need to test it out.

LA CASA 5 (aka BEYOND DARKNESS) (Italian):

This CASA I've never seen before...I just never knew it existed really. Oh, but I hear it's BEYOND DARKNESS, dah-ling! That's all the rage this year, or so i hear...

LA CASA 7 (aka THE HORROR SHOW)(Italian):

Talk about misnumbering. It may be LA CASA 7 (sorry--i do NOT have LA CASA 6), but here it was released as THE HORROR SHOW when it really should have been called HOUSE 3 (which is why here there's a HOUSE, HOUSE 2, and a HOUSE 4...NO part 3).

LA CASA IN HELL STREET (aka SCREAM FOR HELP) (Italian):

Although there are only supposed to be 7 films in the LA CASA series, I HAVE seen a LA CASA 13 in my shopping (it was a 4F...NO THANK YOU!). Hmm. While not part of the LA CASA series, I thought you'd still like a walk through. LA CASA IN HELL STREET (interesting how the last three words in this Italian-ized title are in English) may look like a Craftsman home  or possibly a bit of a Victorian style abode, but it's actually SCREAM FOR HELP, yet another film i have not seen.

IN QUELLA CASA BUIO OMEGA (aka BUIO OMEGA) (Italian):

This house is the home of the famed necro-chiller BUIO OMEGA. Apparently this IS a first release poster (that's what i was told). On it's initial release it was called both IN QUELLA CASA BUIO OMEGA and just BUIO OMEGA. Hmm.

LA CASA DI MARY (aka SUPERSTITION) (Italian):

I am sure I saw this flick in the theater in the 80s. I remember seeing some bat-sh*t craziness in this haunted house flick. Years l;ater when i tracked it down, I could swear i was watching a different film. This was SUPERSTITION and either there are two films with that title (that used the same one sheet) or I'm losing it...or SOMETHING! Hmm.

HOUSE OF EXORCISM (Spanish):

Mario Bava's LISA AND THE DEVIL was a deemed unreleaseable in the 70s because it was too slow paced and too cerebral. Add some reshoots of exorcism stuff and voila, you have HOUSE OF EXORCISM. I like my EXORCIST ripoffs and I liked this film. Cool poster art--very different than the US one sheet.

CASTASTROFE (aka DEATH QUAKE?) (Italian soggettone or fotobusta?):

Let's head downtown a bit and...oops!  Earthquake!!!!  I am pretty sure that this CATASTROFE is a re-titling of a Japanese disaster film I saw years ago under the title DEATH QUAKE that totally rips off EARTHQUAKE but on a much over-the-top scale (with silly Godzilla-like miniature effects). This is supposed to be a fotobusta...but aren't the fotobustas that are vertical the soggettones? I have no idea what this is...)

ZOMBIE (Thai):

Lastly, there go the property values if the living dead move into your city. EEEK!  It's the Thai version of ZOMBIE!!!

And that's it for now... The bathroom is calling me. Gotta run.

CHEERS!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:22:35 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline Ari

• Curator
when I was a kid my mother had the paperback of carrie with that art on it, scared the SHIT out of me, she told me the story briefly and I READ IT, was hooked on King (books) until I was 12. I saved [pocket money and bought all his books, and then as a new one came out bought it also.
At 12 I discovered Poe and then Lovecraft (and others) and forgot about King. But still shaped my tastes I am sure.

An Error Has Occurred!