Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 341695 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Glad you like it and that it got to you safe n sound.  :D

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Yes it did and it's creepy cool and H-U-G-E! I just wish I had a better photo to illustrate it. Oh well.

THANK YOU again!

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
They are identical, so here's my image, until u can snap your pic, Shawn.  ;D

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Awesome! THANK YOU Jeff!  Super cool!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
 cheers cheers

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
GoGo...thank you sir. I have very few items pre 1980....I will eventually get some stuff pre 1980 but that era is my focus. It represents about 25% of my current collection. I haven't even touched stuff like Jaws, Back to the Future, Robocop, Ferris, and so on...

I actually won a poster tonight pre 1980. A copy of The Omen from the 70s.

I wanted to build the site before the collection gets to stinking big, like what you have!!!! It will be easy to add onto. I also am already unhappy with the 1980's section......for example I broke them up by pairs 80/81 82/83..but alpabetically..Well 84/85 We had Romancing the Stone in 84 and Jewel of the Nile in 85..so by grouping them together Jewel shows first via the alpha standard....and it bugs me   moron1   because Jewel was 2nd.....

In other news I love the Thai Dead and Buried!!!! Do any of your thai posters have censorship stamps? I was looking at some today, a few had ink-pad style stamps, but one had an embossed stamp... I am going to look into it and see if I can figure out why???? 

I also am the proud owner of one of those Erasehead masks!!!!

cheers
This Space For Rent!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Gingerman!

Hi there--and congrats on your (gasp) pre-1980 poster win tonight. THE OMEN is a great movie even still today (and better than the remake). Speaking of 70s, in your list of 80s titles (Back to the Future, Robocop, Ferris, etc.) you mentioned JAWS. While 3 and 4 were 80s, JAWS the original and Jaws 2 were both 70s! :-)

Why not redo those first few 80s sections and just do one year a page. You already have 200 posters in a year's time. You WILL fill up every year if you do it one year at a time--believe me. That way you won't have the JEWEL/ROMANCING thing bugging you. (I have that problem alphabetizing DVDs...for example,BRIDE OF CHUCKY comes before CHILD'S PLAY 1, 2, and 3. GRRR!)

I love the Thai DEAD & BURIED too. I love all of the Thai stuff I've gotten...but I have not noticed any censorship stamps. Well,one had a pink stamp in the border..ink stamp, nothing embossed. How weird. Maybe Mike Wright (the Thai Guy) knows about that?

Those Eraserhead masks are so fun (and the movie is pre-80s, not sure if the masks are though. Ha!)

Thanks for popping by. I need to get out and explore the rest of the site. i haven't done that yet since getting back on. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.

CHEERS!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
You sir are exactly correct, Jaws is from the 70's.....I always forget that because the film retained so much attention into the early 1980's I saw it in the 80s so I attach the experience to the time frame, if that makes sense...I might also just go ahead and break up the 80's...I still might do it by pairs, but doing them separate 80 then 81 for example on the same page....I still need to do the 90s 00s 10s..horror...disney......haha I think I am going to remove the thai section because all of the thai stuff I have is horror....just make one horror page

Speaking of older than 80s I have a really cool Aussie Horizontal daybill of Dementia 13...those creepy eyes..looks kinda like the grinch imho
and of course Kong r50s.....

I am off to sleep, have a good night and let me know if you see any errors on the site or have any suggestions!!!
This Space For Rent!

Mirosae

Hola, Rosa! It's always a pleasure to see you stopping by. I am also wildly pleased (and perplexed) that my trashy-tacky-cheesy poster collection pleases you. Thanks for the kind words.

Hola Shawn! Perplexed...oh..boy..why?!  Love your collection!!!!  I think most of us here when we say how much we like a poster or collection what we do is to celebrate the collector  as much as the poster. I am sure I speak for many here when I say that we all like your enthusiasm and posters. what is there NOT to like anyway :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
You sir are exactly correct, Jaws is from the 70's.....I always forget that because the film retained so much attention into the early 1980's I saw it in the 80s so I attach the experience to the time frame, if that makes sense...I might also just go ahead and break up the 80's...I still might do it by pairs, but doing them separate 80 then 81 for example on the same page....I still need to do the 90s 00s 10s..horror...disney......haha I think I am going to remove the thai section because all of the thai stuff I have is horror....just make one horror page

Speaking of older than 80s I have a really cool Aussie Horizontal daybill of Dementia 13...those creepy eyes..looks kinda like the grinch imho
and of course Kong r50s.....

I am off to sleep, have a good night and let me know if you see any errors on the site or have any suggestions!!!

I still remember with vivid clarity, seeing Jaws when it first came out. There was so much fright being expressed at times (from the totally full theater), that it was sometimes hard to hear and understand the dialog. And talk about the one scream of several hundred people, when the head pops out of the hole in the sunken boat that Dreyfuss is exploring!!

OMG!! That shriek made the scene twice as scary!   jawdrop

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
glad you like them,
Dead and Buried has aged VERY well, superb film, truly original.
One of those "horror" films that seem to stand alone, like The Wicker man, in they are genuinely creepy.

Hells Creatures and Naked to Hell are both Aussie daybills.

The Erasure head Promo Mask was given out at Midnight screenings in NYC, sometime after Blue Velvet was released,

I got the NIKOS poster direct from the star JOE ZASO, just for interest sake, its a pretty fun movie, by German Goremeister ANDREAS SCHNAAS.

Full Moon High is kinda fun if you like the LARCO "stuff" (like the stuff or Q the winged serpent etc)

anyway enjoy
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Happy Monday. Where did the day go already? Jinkies. It was dark by 5 p.m. and now, as 7 p.m. approaches, it feels like the day is completely over with--and the mail hasn't even come yet! Blah... Maybe I'm just out of it because I'm constipated? Probably...

Hey Gingerman, keep me posted on your website and I'll check back in. I so wish i'd had the ability to do that way back when. I'm very envious. And yes, i have seen your groovy DEMENTIA 13 poster I think. It has an alternate title, if I recall. You either posted it on your page or on the monthly new acquisitions thread. Very creepy cool. i think I even commented on it. Thanks for popping by.

Rosa, hi there. Yes, i'm a bit perplexed by your enthusiasm for my page/posters. I get what you are saying but from my point of view, although I love my posters, I see them as just trash/poster junk food compared to all of the other fabulous and refined (and expensive) posters out there. I'm glad you dig them though. Yabba Dadda Doo!

Hey Jeff. I know you were addressing Gingerman, but I, too, remember seeing "JAWS" in the theater. However, I was 10 when it came out and there was NO WAY my mom would let me see it. So--(shocking true confession)--I had to wait until the re-release to finally see it (and I went and saw it several times during the re-release. Ha!). Awesome film--and that moment with the head was incredible. Biggest scare in the film. During later viewings you know it is coming and it STILL gets you. (By the way, I also had to see "JAWS 2" during its re-release. But I did see "Jaws 3D" and "Jaws the Revenge" during first-run engagements.)

ARI, you are most gracious and generous. I am still beside myself. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!!! I am still in shock by your immense kindness. Zowie!

Okay--onto the latest edition of the Shock-A-Rama Poster Show. Here's the next batch o' 10 posters to share.

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE GHOST DIMENSION:

I know...I know... You are thinking who gives a ding-dang-dong darn about the overly tired PARANORMAL ACTIVITY movies--or their posters. I agree completely (Please let this one have been the LAST one!). The reason this is here and in my collection, is because there is a new theater in town (The Maya or Mayan?) and they gladly give out their old posters once the film has come out and is gone or about to leave. On a recent visit when I learned this (I had been there several times already and left empty handed. Waaagh! Who knew?), they gave me this poster and the next two. I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'll TAKE it, thank you very much. I did inquire about the SPECTRE poster--they're not giving those out yet. After leaving, I decided to go back and beg for it. I even left my name and phone number. I want one soooo bad and am NOT going to pay $50+ bucks for one (since there are a zillion of them out there right now). Fingers crossed.

THE LAST WITCH HUNTER:

Free poster #2. Zero interest in this movie. Anyone see it? If it's good, let me know...otherwise it won't even make the "watch on video" list...

PAN:

Free poster #3. I know this was a huge box office bomb. However a friend did recommend this to me. Hmm. The 3D showings are already over with and it's just barely hanging on... So I am holding out hope that it will end up at the $3 theater (second run place) and I can catch it then...if I even bother. I'm not really into this though. I hated, hated, HATED "HOOK". I hated "HOOK" so much I was actually OUTRAGED that they'd spent so many millions making it. But that was "HOOK" and this is "PAN". Maybe I'll cut it some slack and check it out (since almost no one else did).

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON:

Yesterday I posted one of the posters Ari sent me--"A TRANSYLVANIAN WEREWOLF IN AMERICA". Great title and clearly riffing on this classic 80s horror flick. I had this poster once upon a time and sold it off when I needed cash (and got next to nothing for it). I regretted it. Not because it's a great poster (it's NOT. Isn't there a thread out there about great movies with lame paper? This is a worthy candidate...), but because I really do like the film so much. A few years back (last year?) I went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios in Hollywood, and they had an "An American Werewolf" maze that recreated whole scenes from the film. That was surreal--walking through the movie. Ha! Glad to have the poster again...

ZOMBI HOLOCAUST (aka DR BUTCHER M.D.) (Italian):

I love me my zombie movies and the Italians make some wild ones. I already have the US poster for this when it was released as DR. BUTCHER M.D. (Medical Deviate), but saw this Italian version (country of origin) and thought why not? Completely different artwork. Groovy.

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD(French re-release special edition):

If I understand correctly, this is a French re-release from 2000 that includes special new scenes added in to the original film. Is that right? If so, this is John Russo's re-edit with NEW scenes (not outtakes originally shot) spliced in. It's just more zombie stuff really. I have the "special edition" on DVD. Apparently Russo was inspired by the success of the "STAR WARS" films special editions--but those films utilized vintage outtakes and deleted scenes. (Which reminds me of a little story. There used to be a four-theater multiplex in town. On it's marquee at one time it was showing the special editions of "Star Wars", "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi". The fourth film on the marquee was something called "Fools Rush In". I thought that was hilarious and so appropriate. Ha!). Anyway, since NOTLD stuff is usually fairly pricey (and I got this pretty darn cheap), I thought it was a decent investment.

CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS:

I was gone for the bulk of the weekend. If you read my entry yesterday, you'll remember that, due to my absence, I had bid on a lot of the auctions closing yesterday on Heritage and Emovie...knowing I'd surely be outbid. Uh... That didn't exactly happen. Yikes! Not only did I have to scrounge to find enough credit card space to pay my invoices (oh my...), I also ended up with TWO copies (one from each auction house) of "CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS". OOPS. (So don't be surprised when you scroll down to the next poster and find that it is strangely familiar. Ha!) I already had a copy I got awhile back, but that copy has a number of things wrong with it that I can't deal with. So...I needed another copy. I got more than i bargained for. Ha! It's still a cool poster though. (Wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't.)

CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS:

Look!  It's "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things". Surprise! Ha! As I said when writing about the "Zombi Holocaust" poster, I like my zombie movies. While not the best zombie flick ever (In interviews, the makers of this film said they were trying to make a low budget version of "NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD". Ha!  Hello? That was already a low budget movie!), it is on the obscure side (the only post-NOTLD / pre-Dawn of the Dead zombie flicks from the US that I can even think of that could be even more obscure are "Garden of the Living Dead" and/or "The Corpse Eaters"--both of which I have the posters to). It's kind of wild to think that the man behind this flick would go on to make "Porky's" and "A Christmas Story". Ha!

THE FACE OF FU MANCHU:

Do I have this already? I'm not sure... I don't think so, but... This poster is for the first of the five Fu Manchu films that starred Christopher Lee in the title role. About two years ago i finally sat down and watched the series. They are a bit dated and lack the punch of modern films, but I could see what the appeal was and why they were popular at the time (although they have fallen into a bit of obscurity today). While I doubt I'll ever bother watching them again, I still thought it would be nice to track down the posters. If it happens, it happens. But I'm not gonna knock myself out over it. Poster #1 is here. One down, four more to go (actually a few more as some of the flicks have more than one style of poster. How very fiendishly Fu Manchu of the filmmakers to do that to me! Argh!).

THE NIGHT THE WORLD EXPLODED:

Last poster for tonight--and (gasp!) this was my very accidental loss of my linen cherry! Oh my! I do not like posters on linen. Period. i've passed up some beautiful posters from time to time simply because they were on linen. The night this poster was being auctioned off, I had completely forgotten about the auction. I had gone to the movies (see the story about the free posters at The Maya Theater above. And in case you are curious, I was seeing "Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse". Really.). It was only as I was driving home that I remembered the auction. Oh crap! While driving (soooo dangerous and illegal of me), i brought up the auctions on my phone. This one was one of the posters that was just about finished and it wasn't too terribly expensive (certainly not in the hundreds or thousands of dollars range many of the other posters were) and it was in marvelous condition. I bid. When i got home, I was happily surprised to see that I had won it...and then also totally bummed to see it was on linen. Waaagh! Still, it is a cool image. Never saw the movie, but I dig those vintage drive-in era horror and sci fi posters. I have so few of them. This will do until a non-linen version comes along.

And that's all for today kids. Monster A Go-Go hopes you all are washing behind your ears, looking both ways before crossing the street, and listening to your moms and dads. Hiddy-ho!  I'll see you next time (unless that creepy thing that lives under your bed gets you first).

CHEERS!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:27:56 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Is Photobucket down or did I just really mess up my post? I can't see most of the pictures--and I can not figure out how to fix it. Waaagh!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Burp and gently powder..  ;D

All will be fine, MAGG.

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Phew!  They are B-A-C-K!!!  I didn't screw up after all. Hooray!  Thanks Jeff.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Phew!  They are B-A-C-K!!!  I didn't screw up after all. Hooray!  Thanks Jeff.

happy1 cheers sm1 clap pcorn thumbup cool1

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Argh!  I just wrote this big long post...and then it disappeared before I could save it. BLAH!

I'll get around to re-doing it eventually. but man--a whole hour and a half shot to hell. UGH!

Cheers

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Your thread is such a freak show.
I just love this crap to death.
 clap clap clap clap

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
I am surprised MAGG you got this far before losing one of your posts while crafting it! I can imagine the frustration. It could be the forum software or the browser. Probably the forum software. I guess the logical step like I do after such a scenario is to create it ielsewhere and copy paste it into here.

I remember vividly my end of uni thesis I lost it after nearly completing it due to a computer crash. That was back when max disk capacity was a 1.44MB floppy. I spent I think 5 days non stop in the uni computer room redoing it for the deadline.  That includes taking short naps in a locked warm server room in the wee early hours - I figured out how to access... sliding in a credit card around the door lock, from memory!  Since then losing big screeds on the computer I am prepared for and half expect it so I don't get too annoyed anymore as it will never be as bad as it was back then.

Don't give up!.... Looking forward for more shlock-o-rama

thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Argh!  I just wrote this big long post...and then it disappeared before I could save it. BLAH!

I'll get around to re-doing it eventually. but man--a whole hour and a half shot to hell. UGH!

Cheers

Did u delete it by mistake, click away from it accidentally, or did your internet hiccup??

I've not heard of posts just vanishing/disappearing on their own, especially in mid-composition.  :-\

But never say never.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:11:20 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
re CHILDREN SHOULDNT PLAY......, also note its released by GENENI which is/was Ted V Mikels company.
An Error Has Occurred!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
ARGH!!!!  This is soooo FRUSTRATING!!!! (SWEAR WORDS A GO-GO are now spewing from my mouth, SHOCKING!)  My desktop computer (which has been dying for months) finally bit the dust before I could post my post. I'm on my laptop, but for some reason i can NOT copy/past from my email on to here, WTF!?! I managed to copy the draft on my phone and paste it in to a thing on here...but it won't let me post it. GRRR! This is INSANE!  Can i just email the post to someone and have them post it for me? GRRRRR!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Send it to me, MAGG.. Happy to help and post it for you.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
I just did. Thank you.

Offline Ari

• Curator
BAN HIM

;D
An Error Has Occurred!