Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 341753 times)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi Ted/brude. I may run out of posters to move over from that old site, but I have years and years (boxes and boxes and tube and...) of posters. Not gonna "run out" in the near future. No worries there.

Ari, glad I brought back a memory from your youth...I just wish the movie in question was a better one. Good luck finding the video...

Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
yeah thats cool, its nostalgia (more for the cover) as even then I didnt like the movie much, haha as in I never rented it again.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Arch Hall, Jr. as The Sadist is one of the funniest performances I've ever seen.
I'm sure that wasn't the intent, but that film stinks so bad it had me rolling on the floor in laughter.

Did I mention that I am extremely envious of your Last Circus one sheet?
That is a hard poster to find.

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
My god you have some seriously cool stuff.

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Go Go!!!  Nice stuff nice stuff indeed. Is that Gremlins a 30x40? I have a mint Gremlins Insert!!! I also seem to have trouble "catching" a Gremlin OS.
This Space For Rent!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
ARI--No need to explain or defend your youthful fixation. i totally understand as demonstrated below (see the "JACK FROST" listing).

Ted/Brude:  I know what you mean about Arch Hall Jr. in "The Sadist". It was a crappy movie, but I somehow "liked" it (NOT that I ever want/need to watch it again). I do like the poster though. And, zowie! It's good to know I did the right thing in buying the "Last Circus" poster when I saw it available. I need to watch it. I have it, as I said, in my huge pile of movies to watch.

MWright: Zowie! Thanks for the very kind praise.

Hey Gingerman!  No, it's a one sheet "Gremlins". By and large I only do one sheets...so, unless otherwise noted, everything I post is a one sheet (unless, like the example I used for "Fire" was a 3 sheet because I had nothing else to illustrate with). Good luck with your GREMLINS hunt. It took me decades...but I'm old (50). I bet you find yours long before you hit the big 5-0.

And now, here's the next 10. Not very exciting...but I'm almost done!

JACK FROST:

Not a very colorful or attractive poster...and the movie is certainly no classic...however this is one of the earliest movies I remember seeing (a portion of) as a kid (I think the absolute earliest was "Goldfinger" at the drive in during a re-release). For years I wondered what the film was,only having dim memories of a witch living in a tree house in which the tree turned to face different directions on command. This may also be the movie that kindled my interest in kiddie matinee posters. This poster clearly states it is showing Saturday and Sunday matinees only. I don't remember what movie we were seeing, but the portion of THIS movie I do remember (the witch in the tree house thing) stems from my running into the theater (I'm guessing my family was just going in to or out of another theater, seeing something else), seeing that portion of the movie---and then being dragged out by my father. I was very young, but clearly wanted to see the film desperately. The commercials on TV for it must have really captured my imagination and when I found out what theater it was in, I made a beeline for it. ( Couldn't find the real trailer---but it looks like someone made one. No narration--just music and sound effects. https://youtu.be/ygnS5njZRak ) Oh well. The film, it turns out, is actually a Russian movie that has nothing to do with Jack Frost apparently. I have not seen it as an adult,so have no idea if it's any good or not. I kind of doubt it... This was only a few bucks...why not?

THE NUTCRACKER 3D:

I never knew this movie existed, but stumbled on the poster. It was cheap and apparently the flick is in 3D (noted on the poster). I'm a sucker for a gimmick and this might be nice to hang at Christmas time (at least that was what I had thought when I got this as I still had NOT landed a copy of "A Christmas Store" poster at that point! Ha!). Why not?

BLUEBEARD'S 10 HONEYMOONS:

"Bluebeard's 10 Honeymoons"! Ha! Not in the best shape, but I dig the graphics with the bride followed by a long line of skeletons. Very cool. I had never heard of it until I saw the poster but I would love to see the flick.

TIGER MAN:

By now you probably know I have a thing for 3D and/or gimmick movies. I've never seen the martial arts movie "Tiger Man", but zowie! It's in 3D. SOLD! Ha! Actually, it looks like it might have been partially filmed in San Francisco (It looks like they are on top of a cable car!) and at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk (rollercoaster). And in 3D? How fun! The TIGER MAN poster came in a lot of other martial arts movie posters I have no interest in and will eventually sell or something.

SANDS OF KALAHARI:

I've never seen "The Sands of Kalahari", but it looks like it might be a killer monkey movie (a la "In the Shadows of Kilimanjaro" perhaps?). It looked interesting and was reasonably priced so.,..SOLD! Incidentally, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton were originally to star, but Liz asked too high a price and Burton also backed out. Stuart Whitman filled in.

SECRET CEREMONY:

Elizabeth Taylor did NOT back out of "Secret Ceremony" which also stars Mia Farrow and Robert Mitchum. A friend of mine digs this flick---although it does nothing for me--in which Liz plays a middle-aged prostitute who Mia Farrow thinks is her dead mother...and Liz,who also had a daughter die, goes and lives with her in her old mansion. $2 for the poster. Eh.

ALICE, SWEET ALICE:

Here is the 1977 horror flick (that was re-released a zillion times,especially after Brooke Shields got famous)one sheet for "Alice, Sweet Alice". While not the best horror flick either (and who,under 30, even knows it exists?), I always loved the image on the poster. The baby doll with two faces (happy and sad) with the knife plunged into it's bloody back and the creepy mask peeking out from inside the paper bag. Kind of cool.

PIPPI IN THE SOUTH SEAS:

"Pippi in the South Seas" is one of a quartet of movies released here in the US that were apparently culled from a Swedish-made TV series in the late 60s. This poster is for the 2nd movie in the series. Pippi is a rich wild child (also the strongest girl in the world) who lives on her own in a suburban neighborhood (her father is a pirate and she has a chest of pirate treasure to use for expenses). She has a horse and monkey. She befriends a neighborhood brother and sister and takes them on crazy adventures. I always wanted to see these flicks as a kid--but didn't get to until years later on DVD.

CRAZE:

CRAZE is some early 70s Jack Palance horror flick (Where black magic explodes into murder...). This movie also featured Diana Dors (Britain's one-time answer to Marilyn Monroe) but probably towards the end of her career, exploitation stars Julie Ege and Suzy Kendall, and Trevor Howard...also DAME Edith Evans! Ha! I've never seen it. Another cheapo for the pile... The poster looks much more interesting in real life.

A TASTE OF BLOOD:

Finally (for now) it's the one sheet for H.G. Lewis' "A Taste of Blood". Lewis has often been called "The Godfather of Gore" because of his shocking (for the 1960s and early '70s) use of gore that had, until that time, been unheard of.

"A Taste of Blood"is one of his lesser gore flicks, but I'm thrilled to get the poster for it. I have "The Gore Gore Girls", "Blood Feast" and "2000 Maniacs". I'd love to have a few other gore flick posters for his film. Oh well... Eventually, right? For now, this is AWESOME!

As always, thanks for visiting. CHEERS!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:39:11 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Ari

• Curator
ALICE, SWEET ALICE:

Here is the 1977 horror flick (that was re-released a zillion times,especially after Brooke Shields got famous)one sheet for "Alice, Sweet Alice". While not the best horror flick either (and who,under 30, even knows it exists?), I always loved the image on the poster. The baby doll with two faces (happy and sad) with the knife plunged into it's bloody back and the creepy mask peeking out from inside the paper bag. Kind of cool.

I love this film, it has an atmosphere all of its own.
Especially the over weight bloke, fark he is creepy.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Fark Ari... I like that word!  Ha!  THANKS!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Always liked the Frank McCarthy art for Sands of the Kalahari.
I remember seeing this film at a drive-in as a kid.
Good stuff.
 thumbup

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
So

(Oops!  I don't know how this happened, but this is a mistake post. Can i delete this?)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:10:59 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Ted/Brude: So SANDS OF KALAHARI is worth checking out? Good to know...

Here's the last batch of those posters I need to move over from that old site...

ARABIAN ADVENTURE:

This is the English one sheet for a 70s fantasy movie (Sinbad ripoff?) "Arabian Adventure". While I've never seen the film, I dig the poster. I already had the US one sheet, which is completely different. The US poster looks like a page out of a comic book. (Here's an example of the cartoon-y US version. Click the link:  http://forums.fanbolt.com/cached/68a260dd9b60c44916e378efb6738350.jpg )

SWORD OF ALI BABA:

"The Sword of Ali Baba"  is another Arabian fantasy from 1965. It's nothing spectacular--but, again, the poster was cheap. (It also apparently features a young Gavin MacLoed, aka Captain Stubing from "The Love Boat", as an Arab according to IMDB. Ha!)

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION:

The only "VACATION" poster I've owned up until I got this was the one for CHRISTMAS VACATION (which I hope is NOT a fake, but fear it might be as it is taller by 1/2 or 1 inch or so than 41 inches). When the original poster for the series came along at a good price, I thought I'd go for it. Not wild about the art, but...

PROSTITUTION:

Another (cheap) poster I came across that I'd never heard of but couldn't refuse is for some hokey-looking documentary (??) called "Prostitution" from 1963. I'm sure, if it is a doc, it is laughably faked and, because it's at least 50 years old, it would be horribly dated anyway. But the early sleaze factor of the poster could not be denied.

MURDER WITHOUT TEARS:

I've never seen 1953's thriller "Murder Without Tears", but the poster intrigued me with its wild use of color and I loved the screaming woman with the exaggerated scared hand in the center. Plus it was cheap. Ha!

THE TERROR:

This is the advance poster for the Roger Corman flick starring Boris Karloff and a young Jack Nicholson. I've been wanting one for years. I just wish it had been the full color regular one sheet. Oh well...eventually.

SLEEPING BEAUTY:

Not the Disney version, this SLEEPING BEAUTY is some live-action schlock crap imported from somewhere, dubbed and fed to unsuspecting children who probably gagged the whole time they were trapped in the theater. I love my kiddie matinee posters. This one is from my favorite kiddie matinee company, Childhood Productions (they usually have the better posters...and all say the film is in "storybook color" and "Never before shown anywhere"). With the exception of one or two, I think i pretty much have all of the Childhood Production posters.

MONDO CANE and MONDO CANE 2 combo:

Here is the double feature release of the 60s documentaries that started the "mondo" craze, "Mondo Cane" and "Mondo Cane 2". Virtually unknown to younger people today, these docs caused quite the sensation when they were released. Tame by today's standards, they still have their place in film history. And the poster features highlights from both films: "The With-it sex highs" "See the chicken that smokes", "naked witchcraft murders", ""co-ed orgy baths", "today's cannibalism", "see priests on fire!" THE MOST SENSATIONAL EXPOSE OF THE FREAK SIDE OF LIFE! Zowie!

THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN:

I remember when this came out. I wanted to see it so badly, but didn't get to (of course) until the VHS days. By then, I was not impressed. Even the poster wasn't that exciting to me, but I got it for nostalgia's sake (even though I probably already have one tucked away somewhere).

FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACE MONSTER and CURSE OF THE VOODOO combo:

Zowie! I love, love, LOVE this final poster! It is a great example of a really cool poster for a really awful movie, "Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster"!! The original title was going to be "Mars Invades Puerto Rico" or something like that--but who'd pay to see that? It's such a cheap and cheesy flick--in black & white, although you'd never know from the full-color poster.

The poster also screams that the management would supply patrons with FREE space shield eye protectors to prevent their abduction into outer space! Zowie! I wonder what those were. This is also a combo poster where the double feature is prominently displayed, "Curse of the Voodoo". Wow! Up until now I only had a ratty half sheet for this title. The one sheet is nearly pristine! Yippee!

Okay---everything is pulled over (with the exception of some snore-inducing martial arts posters I don't care about). If / when that old site dies (which it slowly is), I'll still have my poster collection (of stuff purchased this year, at least) saved here.

Thanks for stopping by.

CHEERS!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:59:08 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Love the Terror teaser, and Arabian Adventure, and Prostitution and -- holy shnikeys -- Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster.
You have a treasure trove of classics, moderns, exploitation, kiddies, etc. etc.
I think you need to take pics of them all and launch a website -- complete with your commentary, of course.
It would rock.

As always, thank you for the entertainment!
imbecile.gif

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Love the Terror teaser, and Arabian Adventure, and Prostitution and -- holy shnikeys -- Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster.
You have a treasure trove of classics, moderns, exploitation, kiddies, etc. etc.
I think you need to take pics of them all and launch a website -- complete with your commentary, of course.
It would rock.

As always, thank you for the entertainment!
imbecile.gif

+1 The commentary is always appreciated.......
This Space For Rent!

Offline Ari

• Curator
Nice, Arabian adventure is a fun film BTW.

re THE TERROR Ive owned both versions, and side by side, the advance/teaser you have is THE WINNER!
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Ted, Gingerman, and Ari... thanks for popping in and saying hello, gents. Argh. It's 6 a.m. Shower time. It's a work day... UGH! I'll have to get back to you later..

CHEERS!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Oooooo... I am DOOMED! It had been a whole month since I bought anything. I'm in debt up to my eyeballs and I can't afford a thing. What happens? I get a saved search notice (that I actually look at --I had been avoiding them) and eeeek! I fun off and complicate my life further! I went shopping and marked a whole bunch of things to watch in addition to the one I really wanted. With poster fever back, I also checked out emovieposter to see what was going on there...and bid (very, VERY conservatively on a whole lot of stuff, knowing I'd be outbid on most of it....which was, of course, STUPID).

Emovie's wins were relatively painless--less than $40 (including shipping). They were nothing great, but... Here's what I got:

CHERNOBYL DIARIES:

Not the best film ever---far from it, in fact. But it did utilize an amazing location (where is that abandoned city they used? I knew it wasn't the real Chernobyl, but... I wanna go exploring!) and the poster is kind of spooky. Especially for only $1.

CHOCOLAT:

Hmm. This was a regret...a $3 regret. I liked CHOCOLAT a lot, but this review poster features Johnny Depp. I'm not anti-Johnny Depp, but I felt he did NOTHING for the movie and that his part was little more than a cameo. I didn't like his character and I felt that the section with him in it slowed the movie down. Oh well.

PIRANHA 3DD:

I actually bid a bit more on this than the rest of the things I bid for on emovie. Posters for PIRANHA 3D are fairly easy to come by, but posters for its sequel PIRANHA 3DD (which played in very few markets for a very short time) are harder to come by. I was shocked when I found out I got this one. I've never seen PIRANHA 3DD, but bought the 3D blu ray (I just need a 3D blu ray player and 3D TV to see it...Ha!). The poster will have to do for now.

SCOOBY DOO AND THE WITCH'S GHOST:

Yes, this is a video poster. It didn't play theatrically, so video is the only option. I have several other SCOOBY posters. I was fairly sure I was missing this one.

WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY:

Emovie had two of these up for auction on the same day for some reason, both the same grade. I bid very modestly on both (I don't know why since I already have a couple of copies already). I was out bid on the first one but got the second one for less than my max bid. Ha!

TRUE STORIES:

Never seen it, but feel I should (and would possibly like it).

TOMORROWLAND:

I picked up this TOMORROWLAND advance for only $1. Zowie!  I saw the film at the bargain second-run theater in town. I know it under performed (i.e. flopped), but I thought it was pretty good. I think it will gain some sort of notoriety/cult status in the future, so I thought I'd pick up the poster. Got it for far cheaper than I thought I would. $1? Really?? Wow!

Okay--so much for my emovie splurge, which was relatively painless. That brings us to the real reason I got off the wagon after a month...Heritage Auctions and the item I was notified about I really hoped to get. As I said, there were several other items I put on my watch list (deleting them as the days got closer to auction and their prices went up and up). On Sunday morning before getting ready for work, I put my bids in on the few items still in my watch list, hoping the magic of low-ball bidding that had worked on emovie would again work on Heritage, but I was reasonably sure most of (ALL of?) the items would be snatched up...and they were, with two exceptions.

During my work day (I'm a nurse), I do not have time for anything but patient care and charting, charting, CHARTING! Ugh!  But I found myself with 5 minutes midway through the day and logged on to Heritage. It was in the middle of the live auction and amazingly the poster I wanted 2nd most during the whole auction was on the auction block at that very moment I logged on. I was the top bidder...and then was (gasp!) outbid. I told myself (Ha!) that I was meant to get this as it was being auctioned the moment I logged on. So I hit the bid button. I was on top again--then out bid. I hit it a time or two more but told myself I'd stop at $50 (I did NOT want a replay of the KING KONG/NUDES ON THE MOON/GREEN SLIME fiasco). Whoever was bidding against me also stopped--and it was mine for $50 (really $64 with buyer's premium). And here it is:

EEGAH:

EEGAH is something else I have not seen yet (I have it, just have not gotten around to watching it yet). I have a copy already, but it is a poor copy. I know it's going to be campy crapiliciously wonderful when I do eventually see it. EEGAH stars Richard Kiel, who is best known for playing the bad guy JAWS in a couple of James Bond flicks (SPY WHO LOVED ME and MOONRAKER). He has passed on now, but I also had the privilege of meeting him and interviewing him in his home a few years ago. I'll attach a photo of us below. In the picture, you can see he has an EEGAH print on his wall. I was kind of stunned to see that in his house/office he only had cheap prints of some of his films hanging on the walls--not originals. (I didn't say anything, but...) Anyway, I wanted a better EEGAH to remember my time with Mr. Kiel (EEGAH himself!) and because it's just a fun poster. Arch Hall Jr also stars...along with "the Cave Mummies". Primitive passions turned on! Love breaks the time barrier! Zowie!

The BIG attraction that literally pulled me "off the wagon" was a poster for the fourth film in an obscure film series that was started with a movie whose poster I recently fought really hard to get and paid way too much money for -- TWICE!  Yes, the first film was WHITE SLAVES OF CHINATOWN. This poster was for MME. OLGA'S MASSAGE PARLOR. The OLGA films are these incredibly low budget sleaze flicks, poorly made, the plot and scenes are all put together with narration (there is no onscreen dialogue) with classical music thrown in for dramatic effect. WHITE SLAVES started it all (I have that poster now), followed by OLGA'S HOUSE OF SHAME (best title and best poster, in my opinion). I have the poster for OHOS, but the upper left corner is ripped almost completely off. I need a better copy. I do not have a copy of the poster for the third film, OLGA'S GIRLS. MME OLGA'S MASSAGE PARLOR is the 4th film in the series, and also the only film that is "lost" in the series. There are no known prints of MOMP, only the trailer is known to exist ( https://youtu.be/F5jvimLNCQg ). The trailer just adds to the mystery. The character Olga doesn't appear to be in the movie. There is a reference to Madame Elaine...but no Olga. Audrey Campbell, who played Olga in the first 3, is not in Part 4. Maybe Olga is "away" and leaving the massage parlor duties to her associate "Madame Elaine"? Unless the film surfaces, we may never know for sure...  There was also a 5th one, "Olga's Dance Hall Girls", which features another actress in the Olga part. This one is the least liked by fans...but it's actually my favorite of the bunch. Ha!  I am reasonably sure I have the poster for ODHG, but not 100% sure.

Anyway, the poster for MME OLGA'S MASSAGE PARLOR was coming up for auction. It was paired with another poster for something called INSIDE A GIRL'S DORMITORY (?) that was trimmed. The way I read the description, the OLGA poster was uncut and the other was trimmed. Combined it caused the lot to have a lower grade. But I looked at the poster as best I could on the scan and it looks pretty good to me. I really wanted it. But can't afford to go crazy for it. Not only is the film lost, but the whole series is so obscure and there can't be many posters for the five films floating around to begin with. By Sunday morning there were only 2 or 3 bids---very cheap. Still, I knew it wouldn't be that easy. Knowing I'd have to spend some money to even try but also knowing I'm broke, I bid some random amount ($127)--a lot, but not crazy high. It wasn't until I got home that I found out I got it--for my top bid, of course. (Why couldn't it have been mine for only $15 or so? Ha!) The total for it (with buyers premium) was $151.77 (where did they get the 77 cents from?). OUCH! I had to do the unthinkable. I had to C-H-A-R-G-E EEGAH and OLGA. Blah.  Oh well. It's mine (even though it's not that fab of a poster...):

Oh yes, in case you are wondering,here's the trimmed INSIDE A GIRL'S DORMITORY poster as well. I will get rid of this eventually. I only want the OLGA poster...

Now I need to go beat my head against a rock... ARGH!

Catch ya later.

CHEERS!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:10:22 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Is that the one from last week?  That comes from yours truly then amigo... From the great white north to you.  Glad its got a good home although had I known we could have eliminated the middle man altogether!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Which one???

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Sorry Piranha 3DD

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Oh zowie. Well, I am happy to take care of it for you. Thanks!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket

PIRANHA 3DD:

I actually bid a bit more on this than the rest of the things I bid for on emovie. Posters for PIRANHA 3D are fairly easy to come by, but posters for its sequel PIRANHA 3DD (which played in very few markets for a very short time) are harder to come by. I was shocked when I found out I got this one. I've never seen PIRANHA 3DD, but bought the 3D blu ray (I just need a 3D blu ray player and 3D TV to see it...Ha!). The poster will have to do for now.

Congrats on the Piranha 3DD.  It was screened in just 75 theaters in the USA, and only for a few days.  The one sheets are darn scarce, and cool.  cool1

You met and interviewed Richard Kiel?   cool1  Do you have a video or article of the interview?  Seems like he was a cool guy.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:28:06 PM by Neo »

Mirosae

Agree, what a great photo and great post too! I smiled when I read about your HA bid. It happened to me too,  I woke up to check up my bid and it just happened it was on at that very same time. I was outbid but won it in the end, i didnt have to pay much. Of course it that to be mine. Once I decided I wanted it..well, it had to be ;)

Enjoy your posters!!

Offline Ari

• Curator
Good work, and don't worry, you pay it off and be ok.
Eeggaahhhhhhhhh is terrific, I had one once and it sold to an Arch Hall fan, prob ten years ago and for considerably more than you paid.
Regarding the Olga,mr hats a beauty, I had a number of the HOUSE OF SHAME one sheets, the people at something weird found a stash of them, all unused, so that's why that one is more common, thou I suspect they are well and truly dried up by now, I should have kept a few.

By the way, apart from your good taste, I know respect you more, a nurse? I spent a long time/s in hospitals. I can't express how grateful I am to your profession. Seriously, thanks (I know you didn't help me, but I'll say anyway).
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2015, 01:12:02 AM »
Hi guys...thanks for stopping by for a visit. I'm always happy to see you.

Neo:
Congrats on the Piranha 3DD.  It was screened in just 75 theaters in the USA, and only for a few days.  The one sheets are darn scarce, and cool.

Zowie! Aren't you full of information. Yes, I remember how limited the showings were. I was so upset. I wanted to see it so bad--but was never able to. And yes, I'm glad I got my one sheet (apparently it's formerly Crazy Vick's one sheet. Thanks again, Vick!) because I realize how hard to find they are. Again, I am shocked I actually got this one.

You met and interviewed Richard Kiel?  Do you have a video or article of the interview?  Seems like he was a cool guy.

Yes, I met Richard Kiel. That photo was taken in his home office in fall 2010, I believe. I've spent the last few hours searching for a digital version of the article (one exists--I have it somewhere, but I think it's in my external hard drive that crashed, because I can not seem to find it any where else. I can always re-scan it if I come across the actual magazine again. ARGH!). I also went looking for the audio file from the interview. The only audio file I could find (on my old digital recorder) was a really awful phone interview with Sid Haig (last celeb interview I did). There may be another in my files--but I can NOT find it (yet). I'll keep looking though... But he was nice. He signed two photos for me (one, as Jaws, strangling James Bond. The other is as EEGAH!) and also two books he had written, his autobiography (Making it BIG in Hollywood...or something like that, and his historical biographical novel on the life of Casius Clay which was just AWFUL!).

ROSA:
Agree, what a great photo and great post too! I smiled when I read about your HA bid. It happened to me too,  I woke up to check up my bid and it just happened it was on at that very same time. I was outbid but won it in the end, i didnt have to pay much. Of course it had to be mine. Once I decided I wanted it..well, it had to be ;) Enjoy your posters!!

Ha!  How awesome that happened to us like that. Our posters were clearly meant to be ours! ;)

ARI:
Good work, and don't worry, you pay it off and be ok.
Eeggaahhhhhhhhh is terrific, I had one once and it sold to an Arch Hall fan, prob ten years ago and for considerably more than you paid.

Oooo. Good for you AND good for me.

Regarding the Olga,mr hats a beauty, I had a number of the HOUSE OF SHAME one sheets, the people at something weird found a stash of them, all unused, so that's why that one is more common, thou I suspect they are well and truly dried up by now, I should have kept a few.

I wish you had... I think the OLGA'S HOUSE OF SHAME poster is the best poster of the 5 films. I really need to get another/better one. Some day...  By the way, you mentioned Something Weird. They sell a disc with three OLGA films on it: WHITE SLAVES OF CHINATOWN, OLGA'S HOUSE OF SHAME and OLGA'S DANCE HALL GIRLS. Synapse has OLGA'S GIRLS on DVD as well.

By the way, apart from your good taste, I know respect you more, a nurse? I spent a long time/s in hospitals. I can't express how grateful I am to your profession. Seriously, thanks (I know you didn't help me, but I'll say anyway).

On behalf of nurses everywhere, we THANK YOU for your gratitude.  :)

TED/BRUDE:
This is priceless.
 cheers

I kind of like that one as well. There is a second photo of us, same position, but we are shaking hands and he has his other hand on my shoulder.  

Thanks again all for popping by. Have a go-go groovy evening!

Cha-cha-cha CHEERS!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:55:13 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »