Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 341885 times)

Offline monocle

• Hobbyist
Sorry to hear you're going through it old chap. I wish you a speedy recovery...or better still, nothing you have to recover from! I look forward to seeing more of you splendid collection in the very near future.
Nick
Utter gent.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Hi there. I am B-A-C-K!!!  No, there is nothing new to share with you. Instead, I thought I would show off some of the posters of mine (most of them more recent purchases) that I just framed and hung over the last few days. I also wanted to respond to the comments that were left here. So...

REDMAN: Thank you for leaving a note. I don't think you've visited my page before. I looked up your profile and happy (slightly belated) year anniversary with APF. I hope you've been enjoying yourself here. Thanks for the well wishes. I included gifs in this post (and I wasn't going to) just for you. Cheers!

OKIE:You are so very kind and completely AWESOME!!!!  APF (and the entire poster community) is lucky to have a guy like you around. You are so nice (and have a pretty groovy collection of your own. WOW!). Thank you for always visiting and the well wishes.

NICK/MONOCLE: Oh my stars! How utterly delightful to see you on my page. It has been AGES. I wasn't even sure you were still around these days. Thank you for the comment and the well wishes. You truly are an "utter gent".

Now back to the posters. The photography is terrible (glares and reflections on the plexiglass and bad lighting), but I am excited about them...and certainly LOVE looking at them.

Speaking of looking at them, let's take a peek. Shall we?

THE MOLE PEOPLE: This is possibly the last poster I'll ever purchase --- and was the first poster I framed when I decided to do this. LOVE it!

THE UNDEAD: I love this poster and had been wanting it so long.  I was planning on placing this somewhere near the poster for THE SCREAMING SKULL. However, I like the grouping THE SCREAMING SKULL is in, sandwiched between the posters for BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE and CURSE OF THE UNDEAD.  Fortunately, I was able to find a suitable home for it...and not break up the trio on the one living room wall.

Here are the pair on the back wall of my living room. MOLE PEOPLE is replacing the Lon Chaney Jr poster for INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN. THE UNDEAD replaces the 1954 re-release of KING KONG (which moved down a spot, where THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN poster was). BLOOD OF DRACULA I framed a while back, but never hung. I pulled it out of the closet and it is replacing X THE MAN WITH X-RAY EYES.

I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF:  I really like aspects of this poster. The hairy, clawed hand tearing bloody red tears into the image of a teenage werewolf terrorizing a young woman is great. It's almost as if the poster is being torn open and bleeding. Wow! But as a whole, I wish there was more in the poster to look at. Oh well. I had LONG sought this poster---and now it is mine, framed and up on my walls! Hooray!

I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN: I had a crazy hard time trying to dig this poster out of the pile of unopened posters. (Yes, I have not had time to mess with my posters, so for the last year or so...probably longer...I've just been stacking them up in their envelopes and packaging, unopened. Shocking, but TRUE!) I had given up hope of finding this when, earlier tonight, I decided to open the rest of the unopened parcels...and there it was. The odd thing about it was that I had purchased it in February of this year. It was postmarked (somehow) in January. How that was possible, I do not know. I'm just GLAD I came across it. I apologize for the reflection of my arms and phone. Oops!

And here are the I WAS A TEENAGE.... duo, on the wall of my living room between two windows (THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN and WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST graced the spot earlier).

THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN:  I got this re-release poster last year some time, I believe (and it was already unwrapped, out of the envelope. Ha!). I have it hanging in my bedroom between the window and the bathroom. My military-style GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN (which, even though it is only a military style poster, I am thrilled to own) is also in my bedroom.

THE GHOST SHIP: This poster doesn't have super scary graphics or anything, but it does have that very old school look to it. I thought it would be a swell addition to the pre-1950s posters in my dining room. The poster is from 1943.

Here it is on my dining room wall. It replaces the poster for the Boris Karloff flick BEDLAM, but BEDLAM was only moved down a few spaces and it is occupying the place where THE UNKNOWN was hanging.

And that is it really. Nothing exciting...but something to tide me over until I ever decide to get back in the collecting game again. I really need to get back to sorting and storing my posters properly. My poster room is a disaster area. SOMEDAY I will get to it...

Thank you for visiting. Keep looking over your shoulder. You never know when I may sneak up on you and visit again.

CHEERS!

Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline monocle

• Hobbyist
Excellent as ever. I'm going to have to backtrack over the posts I've missed and look up that 'The Man who cried wolf' poster. It looks intriguingly beautiful. Can't help feeling a little bit sad that 'The Ghost Ship' appears to feature no ghosts whatsoever. Probably why it wasn't called called 'The Ship with Ghosts on it'...
Nick
Utter gent.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Frames, frames, and more great framed posters, Monster!  What a treat to see your posters on display in tiki land! Oh man, I love your wall of dooooooommmmm!!!  I really like the design on The Man Who Cried Wolf. A hearty sneaky tiki, tiki sneaky to you, Monster!   Okie

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Hi there! Welcome back. NO, I still have not purchased any posters (well...). However, I have framed a few more and have been busy, busy, BUSY hanging them. Except for the guest bedrooms, my house pretty much has all available walls occupied with movie paper. My closets are filled with framed posters and I have a zillion folded or rolled posters in boxes and / or tubes. I wish I had MORE walls!

A poster collector friend has frequently shared photos of the walls of his apartments. He has beautiful stuff. We have different tastes, obviously, but both dig having our posters on display. Mel (who used to have accounts here...first as DreadPirateMel and his most recent name i forget...HereComesMongo, maybe?) has always had a double row of posters on his walls. When he shared the photo below of his new apartment, I decided to use him for inspiration and double up on (most of) MY walls. Zowie!

I've also been trying to properly store some posters in my flat file. I've been digging through boxes, envelopes and tubes of posters purchased over the years but (gasp!) never opened. My house is pretty torn up at the moment...but I also came across some poster treasures I had forgotten I had. Some of these I framed. (I do apologize for the bad lighting, glare and awkward angels--especially in the hallway.)

OOPS! Before we get to the posters, I must say hello to my recent visitors. Hello, gents...

monocle: What a rare treat to have yet another visit from you on my humble page. THE MAN WHO CRIED WOLF was originally posted a L-O-N-G time ago...and I didn't say much about it when I did post it. It's a FAVE of mine though. It will always be on display. Thanks for the visit.

Okie: You discovered my other secret passion---tiki! Yes, there were a few mugs on display on that buffet cabinet in my dining room. It is stuffed full of tiki mugs and other tiki stuff. No place to put it. Ha! Glad you liked the framed stuff. There's MORE to gawk at below. Thanks for the visit. Cheers!

Okay. It is POSTER TIME!!!

HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER:  I've never seen this flick (although it is in my DVD pile and will be viewed very soon). I've heard many people refer to it as an unofficial follow up to I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN as the monster make ups for both are used in the film. I know Gary Conway (IWATF) is back....but someone else is filling in for Michael Landon. Anyway, as I was adding more posters to the walls, I thought I should group this with the TEENAGE duo. I dug X-THE MAN WITH X-RAY EYES out of the closet to finish off the space.

KISS OF THE VAMPIRE: Another flick I've never seen (???), but one with a gorgeous poster. I was looking for this one when I was framing stuff last time, but had not come across it yet. I opened it today---so into a frame it went. I didn't know where to put it. Maybe replace one of the trio behind the cabinet in the living room? I really like that grouping of BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE, SCREAMING SKULL and CURSE OF THE UNDEAD. But then I thought, if I move the chest down a bit (so it is centered beneath two of the posters instead of all three), I could add KISS OF THE VAMPIRE in.  I thought about raising the SCREAMING SKULL and CURSE OF THE UNDEAD to be on the same level as BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE, but I think the gap between the bottom of the posters and the top of the chest will be too big. I may leave it like it is. Too weird--or do you think it will be okay??

The back wall of the living room had so much potential. There is no furniture against it, so i had no problem making a 4-poster wall into an 8-poster wall. I removed BLOOD OF DRACULA (for use elsewhere--you'll see it later) and pulled my MIGHTY JOE YOUNG re-release, INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN, INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN, AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN and WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST out of the closets and slapped them on the wall. (That boxy thing on the far left is my NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET pinball machine, which I have still NOT gotten up on its legs and working yet. Grrr!!)

In the dining room I have a bunch of pre-1950s posters. In one little space behind a cupboard, I had the poster for THE BRIDE AND THE BEAST--the silly gorilla loves woman movie penned by ED "Plan 9" WOOD. I came across my 1948 re-release of THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII and SHE and slapped that up in its place. On the wall next to the refrigerator in the kitchen, I bumped up the ABBOT T AND COSTELLO MEET DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE poster and squeezed in the silly BRIDE AND THE BEAST below it.

THE CATMAN OF PARIS/VALLEY OF THE ZOMBIES: The cheap-looking and cheesy poster for this re-release double feature needed to be framed. I thought it would pair nicely with my REVOLT OF THE ZOMBIES poster on the other side of the fridge.

I tackled the hallway next. The five posters that were hanging there could easily become 10. Whoo hoo! I went to work. Pulling THE HEADLESS GHOST out of the closet, I paired it with NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST.

Further down the hallway was my FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACE MONSTER with CURSE OF THE VOODOO poster. I LOVE this poster. What should I pair it with? What goes with Frankenstein? Dracula, of course. So here is where BLOOD OF DRACULA was relocated.

On the other side of the hallway, my NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and CREATURE WALKS AMONG US bumped up the wall...but also needed companions to hang with them. While I am not sure that the ones I chose will last long, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (which is really too dark of a poster to see and appreciate in the hallway) and SLAVE OF THE CANNIBAL GOD (love the art!) filled the bill for the moment and were rescued from the closet.

At the end of the hall, my all-time favorite Andy Milligan poster, THE RATS ARE COMING, THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE, moved up the wall to make room for...what? Although i am not sure it really works there, I grabbed the PIECES poster that I had recently removed from my bedroom to make way for the BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN re-release poster. PIECES is a fun movie....but I am thinking I need to frame and put THE KILLER SHREWS  or WILLARD there instead. Hmm...

THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN poster had been on the wall between the window and the bathroom door in my bedroom. While there isn't really room in my bedroom to add more posters to most of the walls due to furniture being in the way, I decided to add an extra poster in the space BRIDE had been in --- and to the space directly opposite it behind my bedroom door. I moved BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN next to the military style for GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN (replacing the poster for the original release of ASTRO ZOMBIES ).

The re-release of ASTRO ZOMBIES was already on the wall behind my bedroom door. It got a boost up and the original poster for the film found a home below the re-release (next to another Andy Milligan gem---the outlandishly so-bad-it's-amazing poster for THE MAN WITH TWO HEADS). Fun fact about ASTRO ZOMBIES--it was co-written by Wayne Rogers, which I recently found out was the Wayne Rogers who starred as Trapper John on the first season(s?) of the MASH television series. Ha!

On the wall next to the bathroom that was formerly occupied by THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (and before that, PIECES), I slapped up JAWS and I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE--both re-discovered as I was digging through the closets. Will they stay there forever? Who knows? But I dig having them up for now.

Dong! Dong! Dong! Uh oh... The Monster A GoGo alarm clock is ringing. I am afraid it is time to go, boils and ghouls. Thanks as always for visiting. I will hopefully be back soon.

CHEERS!

Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi there. This is just a quick PS or update. NOT a whole new post.

I left off with the I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE poster.  I forgot to mention that in the recent documentary on the film, I GREW UP WITH 'I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE', reveals that when the Jerry Gross Organization bought the distribution rights and changed the title and ad campaign, they used a then-unknown model for the poster. Her name was (gasp!) Demi Moore! Ha!
Okay--here is the "update":

THE KILLER SHREWS:  If you'll recall (or just look UP),  I redid the posters in the hallway. The PIECES poster below THE RATS ARE COMING, THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE just didn't work for me. So I framed my KILLER SHREWS poster (with it's giant rat-like tail dragging over a shoe near a big blood stain) and decided to pop that up. THE KILLER SHREWS is a lame old flick...with small dogs in killer shrew drag. Ha! The poster isn't all that fab either---but it has it's enigmatic charm, I guess. There was a fairly recent sequel to the film, RETURN OF THE KILLER SHREWS. I never saw it...but now that the DVD is out of print, you can't touch a copy for less that $50 or so. CRAZY! Whatever... I think the SHREWS poster works better with THE RATS ARE COMING... than PIECES did.

And that is it, really.

CHEERS!

Offline ScaryMovies

• Beginner
 thumbsup.gif I Drink Your Blood And I Eat Your Skin poster.

MY BLOODY VALENTINE:

Here's the poster for a classic 80's holiday slasher flick. I think I've picked up other copies over the years (it's always nice to have a spare). Apparently this original version of MY BLOODY VALENTINE was savaged by the MPAA to get an R rating. I thought I had heard talk of a special edition video release or something like that with the censored parts restored, but I don't think anything has come of it. The remake was a lot more gruesome and bloody (and in 3D to boot) than the original ever thought of being.

Shame this film was cut down so far for the theatrical release. LionsGate released the 1981 version uncut on blu ray back in 2009, unfortunately its out of print.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Demi Moore!  That poster is a bit St. Elmo's Fire-Cakes, eh?!  All I know, Monster, besides all the amazing posters with frames with which you are delighting us, I want to join your fan club so I can receive the official Monster A-Go Go member button! Sign me up!

Okie

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1508 on: September 04, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »

What's this? ANOTHER episode of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show? But I thought it was over with, you say. Well, it is...more or less. (For now...??) However, I had a few situations pop up (I'll mention them below) that caused me to need to shop and, well... that led to a few purchases. To make up a whole post, that required a few more half-hearted purchases and... the results (such as they are) are below.

But first...

ScaryMovies: Thank you so much for the info. I had already tracked down a used copy on eBay--but had I not known it was out there, I'd have missed it entirely. THANK YOU for mentioning it. Others out there may be interested to see it as well.

Okie: Yes! Those are supposed to be St Elmo's Fire-Cakes! Very clever. Do you REALLY want to join the official Monster A GoGo fan club and get the club member button? Normally there is a rigorous (or rigor mortious?) application process and astronomical fees (We have to keep membership exclusive, right?). However, since you would be the very FIRST member, I will gladly send you a button for (Gasp!) FREE! Send me a PM with your address and you really will get one in the mail. REALLY!

LASERBLAST (Italian locandia):

I did not need this. At all. It was cheap. ($6?) and featured different images than the US one sheet, but I did NOT need this.

SAM WHISKEY:

I did NOT need this either. I had never heard of a SAM WHISKEY movie (with Burt Reynolds, Clint Walker and Angie Dickinson? I'm guessing it must be crap, then...). Curiosity made me bid.Oops.

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE:

Okay...this one I did kind of want. No, it is not the I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE from the 70's about the woman who has just broken, cut, chopped and burned 5 men (actually 4 men) beyond recognition... However, as a film with the same name, it is only understandable to be curious about it. No, I have not seen it...but I think it would be good, early 60s sleazy fun.

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER / GREASE (re-release combo):

I sooooo did NOT need this. (I actually may/probably already have a copy...) What was I thinking (aside from the fact it was cheap)?

CAPTAIN SINDBAD (Italian 2 F):

This is why I felt the need to go poster shopping. A while back I got another copy of this poster in amazing condition. In shipping, something happened to the container it was in. Something jammed into it....and so the poster (which was folded down into 8 rectangles) was torn...in 8 places, ruining the poster. I had to have another and I got this one---although it is not nearly as nice as the previous one had been. Waaaagh!

THE LOVE-THRILL MURDERS (re-release of SWEET SAVIOR):

I have no idea why I felt the need to own this re-release poster. Aside from being inexpensive, the mask thing on the right kind of reminded me of the mask thing on the one sheet for THE FUN HOUSE (the first release of LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET). I did notice that this release was X Rated. With an aging Troy Donahue? I wonder if the original SWEET SAVIOR release was also rated X...

CANNIBAL FEROX (Italian 2F):

I already have one or two of these...but when shopping for the SINBAD poster, I came across this---so why not?

SINGLE ROOM FURNISHED:

As bad as an actor as she could be, there was something about Jayne Mansfield I have always dug. I've been trying to track down her posters. Although i MIGHT have one of these already, I was not sure. This final film of hers is a low budget affair, but she is really good in it. She died before it was completed. She was playing various characters in the flick and her death is obvious as there is this whole LONG segment without her.

THE ELECTRONIC MONSTER:

This poster is not that amazing. As I recall (I saw this flick years and YEARS ago), this flick is not that fab either. However, there is something about the poster that has made it on my "want" list for a long while. It's in great shape.

CHILD'S PLAY:

This was something else I actively pursued. I don't know exactly how or why I saw this come available...but when i did see that it was up for sale, I decided I needed it. I have all of the posters for the theatrical sequels...but (Gasp!) did NOT have the original's poster. (I did NOT bother with the recent remake's poster...). Not the best poster---but whatever. It is the first.

And that is it. Nothing special. Nothing exciting. I actually have a couple of other posters...but I really don't want to buy any more for a while. I have been framing more...maybe i'll do another post with new posters and newly framed posters. We will wait and see...

Thanks for visiting.

CHEERS!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1509 on: September 21, 2019, 05:25:26 AM »

There is a sucker born every minute. You may have not been born yesterday, but you've just been suckered into today's edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. How suckered? Well, as I've said, I'm taking a break, more or less, from buying posters (TRYING to, anyway) for a number of personal reasons. So, if you were expecting posters....there are not many to see. There are 10 entries as usual, but only 4 posters. (Gasp!) But this post has a gimmick to get you to stay until (hopefully) the bitter end.... It's in (partial) 3D, baby! Why the in-your-face gimmick-a-go-go? You'll see. It just HAPPENED that way. Dig out a pair of red and blue 3D glasses if you got 'em. There won't be a lot of 3D thrills, but hopefully you'll have fun along the way anyway.

Glasses on.  Let's GO....

BWANA DEVIL (3D glasses):

BWANA DEVIL was the first full-length feature film in 3D. It started the craze back in 1953. I already had a pair of these BWANA DEVIL 3D glasses and was preparing to mount them in a display to hang next to the one sheet. I thought they were super rare. I mean, who saves 3D glasses for 66 years? Apparently several people did. When looking on eBay to see if there were other assorted 3D glasses from other vintage 3D films, I found several more pairs of BWANA DEVIL glasses...like this pair. I decided to snatch them up.

BWANA DEVIL (3D glasses):

Okay! I got this pair as well (and, I might add, what remarkable condition these seem to be in! Zowie!

PARADISO (3D glasses):

Aside from BWANA DEVIL glasses, I stumbled upon these vintage red and blue 3D glasses. I have no idea what film the 3D Space Goggles were for, but I am aware of PARADISO, an early 3D nudie. I may have the one sheet for it as well. They were cheap. Why not?

COMIN' AT YA (3D glasses):

Hot diggity! This was an unexpected BONUS find. This is a pair of glasses to the 1981 film COMIN' AT YA, which re-ignited the 3D craze for a brief time in the 80s. I have a collection of glasses for MOST of the 80's 3D flicks (JAWS 3D, ROTTWEILER, PARASITE, TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS, etc.). Somewhere I have my original FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3 3D glasses (I saw it twice and somewhere have those two pairs of glasses tucked away). Did they have glasses for AMITYVILLE 3D? I've never seen any. (We had generic glasses when I saw it at the movies back in the day...) I had never seen a COMIN AT YA pair before---and didn't know that title specific pairs actually existed. Whoo hoo! I have glasses for the first 3D movie ever (BWANA DEVIL above) and now the first 3D flick of the 80s revival.

FLINSTONES IN VIVA ROCK VEGAS (prop):

Although I saw THE FLINSTONES with John Goodman in the lead, I did not bother to see the follow-up prequel THE FLINSTONES IN VIVA ROCK VEGAS. I still have NOT seen it. But, while looking for documentation for a movie prop I bought a while back and am about to display, I stumbled on an auction for this item. A $20 casino chip (20 clams--very clever) from the film. I bid a modest amount and for less than 20 clams ($10 or, with premium, about $13), this little forgettable piece of cinematic history is mine, baby! Yabba Dabba Doo! (Well, I'm NOT that excited. It just seemed like the appropriate thing to say...).

THE NIGHT THE SCREAMING STOPPED (Vomit bag promo):

I probably already have one of these...but who couldn't use another vomit bag, right? I wish gimmicks like these were still around. Sigh...

BOOBY TRAP:

"The book no one had the guts to publish, Harry Novak now makes into the year's most sensational film!" Ha! Was there really an unpublished book this was based on? Was the book ever published? Who knows? Who cares? The film has a great exploitive title. I've not seen the film, but I'm sure it's sleazy grindhouse fun.

I DISMEMBER MAMA (aka POOR ALBERT AND LITTLE ANNIE):

This is a rather crappy flick. Why bother with the one sheet? Several reasons. Although I have seen this image before, I am not sure I have this poster. I do have the poster for this film under it's original (and lame) title (POOR ALBERT AND LITTLE ANNIE) and, of course, the double bill poster (teamed with BLOOD-SPATTERED BRIDE) with the great "up-chuck cup" gimmick. The ONLY reason this title is on my radar is because for a brief while I sort of knew Geri Reischl, who played the little girl "Annie". Geri is most famous (infamous?) for playing (FAKE) Jan Brady on the miserable jaw-dropping bomb THE BRADY BUNCH VARIETY HOUR/THE BRADY HOUR when the real Jan, Eve Plumb, declined to do the show. For years and years after making it, Geri never saw the completed film. She looked for it, but could not find it. It was only after she was in her late 20s or probably early 30s that she discovered the title had been changed to the creepy cool I DISMEMBER MAMA that she saw it. I did give her a copy of the one sheet for it---I think the double bill version, but I'm not sure now...

DRUMS OF TAHITI (3D):

I already have this, but I am a sucker for gimmicks...especially vintage 1950s 3D posters. SOLD!

STAR WARS - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER (International Advance):

I am no STAR WARS fan, but recognize how crazy the prices for STAR WARS stuff gets. I saw this and thought I should grab it before things got too insane. I paid far too much for it (well, more than I'd have like to pay), but the prices have already gotten higher and higher than I shelled out. Possible Spoiler: I'm no fan, but it seems that the poster may be giving away a huge plot point.

Okay...glasses off! That's it for this time. I will have another post soon, I think...but it will be a special one---NOT posters, but stuff I've done with them (and other movie stuff) around the house. Snore, huh? It's a toss up... Fewer posters but more posting/content.  Eh!

Watch out for sharks in your face, strange men playing with paddle balls, or things comin' at ya! Your 3D glasses may be off, but don't forget you live in a 3D world.

Thank you, as always, for visiting.  CHEERS!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #1510 on: September 21, 2019, 11:40:51 PM »
Really cool 3-D glasses from specific movies, Monster! I really like the Paradisio pair with the rocket ship! Hold in right hand? What is the left hand doing? Oh man, could you imagine Linda Blair 3-D puke in your face?!  Take that Exorcist taste buds! I love 3-D glasses warning of "Not for 'Bwana' night driving"! Is that a Necco flavored clam? If there's a Harry Novak coming at you, you're going to need more than a bra and panties to prevent a booby trap, eh lil' Monster?! I guess you could try to bust a nipple cap to stay out of that trap. Nature goes 3-D wild in Tahiti? No wonder it's "Out-Thrilling all Other South Sea Island Adventures" (cast your competition net wide, eh?). Nicely done once again, my Monster hero!
Your fan club's first member and proud of it, Okie
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 12:57:01 AM by okiehawker »

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1511 on: September 25, 2019, 01:13:47 AM »

Hello. Guess what. You are back for MORE posters. But I must warn you. I think I must be under the spell of an evil witch doctor or something. My poster mojo is on the fritz. We will get through this Poster Show quickly. There's nothing interesting to see, really. Recently eMovie had another "lot" auction. I bid on several and got stuck with one...a dull turd of a lot, too. It's my own damn fault for bidding on it in the first place. There were actually 12 posters in this lot, but 2 were just so beyond lame that I'm never going to bother to mention them. The 10 below are stretching things thin as it is... Oh well.

OKIE: Ha! You outdid yourself in your wacko review of my last post. Thank you for the note. The below post is nothing of note. Just sleep through it now. Your Fan Club kit ships THIS WEEK! Oh boy!!!  CHEERS!

Okay--let's go knock this out and be DONE with it.

BUDDY BUDDY:

Never saw this. Never cared to. Snore...

THE FRONT PAGE:

Ditto above.

THE FOUR MUSKETEERS (two styles):

I saw the film years ago...but that is all of the enthusiasm I can muster for these.

[https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FvPzOmcwCUg/XYnC3y2MhQI/AAAAAAAAR9k/yIamOD9Zp2A_wEU4UXWah9OOtuytilC0QCEwYBhgL/s640/IMG_0011_WC20833_B%2B%2Bbb.jpg][/img]

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CLASS REUNION:

This is a forgotten spoof of 80s horror movies from National Lampoon. It is largely forgotten because...it just wasn't that good. Still it is an interesting curiosity. Maybe.

PRIVATE SCHOOL:

80s sex comedy with Phoebe Cates, Sylvia Kristel, and Ray Walston...featuring a deliberate ripoff of SOME LIKE IT HOT or TV's BOSOM BUDDIES with three guys attending the school in drag. Hardee-har-har. Hijinks ensue. 

METALSTORM: THE DESTRUCTION OF JARED SYN:

80s 3D...Aside from the 3D craze at the time, i have no idea why anyone bothered to make this film. It is silly and makes little sense--and has no ending. BUT---I am a sucker for 3D/gimmicks...

TIDAL WAVE:

I'm also a sucker for old disaster movies. Hence, the poster for TIDAL WAVE (and another below). If you've never seen TIDAL WAVE, you really are not missing much. It was a longer Japanese film (THE SINKING OF JAPAN...or something like that) that was edited down and had scenes with Lorne Greene (a la Raymond Burr in GODZILLA) added in for American audiences. Forgettable.

AVALANCHE:

Another disaster flick... You can almost feel the careers of stars Rock Hudson and Mia Farrow falling as quickly as the avalanching snow pack in this one. Zzzzz,

TRANSYLVANIA 6-5000:

Another forgettable horror comedy. The best thing about it is the song it was based on. Ha!

Okay---that was quick and relatively painless...and you'll forget all about it minutes from now.

Thanks for the visit. I'm sorry it wasn't more interesting...or at least interesting at all.

My luck seems to go from bad to worse lately. I'm gonna sign off before I get hit by a runaway piano or something seemingly random and unfathomable like that.

Stay groovy.

CHEERS!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1512 on: September 25, 2019, 10:09:26 AM »
1. There is nothing wrong with a Phoebe Cates poster.
2. Never heard of that movie Tidal Wave, but now I want to check it out.  I wonder if the tidal wave of the title is as big as it is on the poster... hahahaha

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1513 on: September 25, 2019, 11:45:47 PM »

Welcome back! Today is NOT another haul of new posters. No. It's an update on what I've been doing at my house. There are new things on the walls and other things in the works. Lucky YOU get to be among the first to see what is going on. Whoo hoo!

EATBRIE/THIERRY: Hi there. Another one of your rare visits. Welcome and nice to see you.   1) I never said there was anything wrong with any Phoebe Cates movie. I was just utterly uninterested in the poster as (I HAVE SEVERAL ALREADY. Ugh... and 2) Don't waste your time on TIDAL WAVE. Really. Toho miniature effects--so not convincing. And, as I said, it is edited from a much longer Japanese film that i am not sure was ever released here.

Okay, enough dawdling. Get inside and get a seat. The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin again.

My hallway is pretty much filled up with a double row (top and bottom). There are things like light switches, thermostats and doorbell chimes that have prevented me from adding in posters here and there...but they've left some pretty big gaps. Hmm.

I had plans for those gaps--shadow boxes filled with some of the props, costumes, and gimmick premiums I have gathered over the years. In working out how I could incorporate those shadow boxes in, it occurred to me that, if I moved a few things, I could squeeze in three more posters! I dug through one (of 3) of my closets of framed posters and pulled the three below out:

I had been working on a BWANA DEVIL project, so of course that had to come out.

I have posters for all of THE EVIL DEAD films, but none of them are on display. I stumbled on the poster for the first film and up it went (where I had previously hung THE CREATURE WALKS AMONG US).

Finally, I opted for ANDY WARHOL'S DRACULA to occupy one of the newly created poster spaces. It's not a great movie by any means, but the poster art work is fabulous.

But it is my projects I am working on (I have several going at once) that I was focusing on. My first was finished and ready to go-go. A little while back, I shared that I scored 2 pairs of BWANA DEVIL 3D glasses to go with a pair I already had. BWANA DEVIL was the FIRST full-length movie in 3D, back in 1953. I have the one sheet and planned to make a display to hang near it. Here it is:

I didn't want to use tape or any sort of adhesive that might damage the 66-year-old glasses. So they and everything in the display are just laid in there with the backing holding them in place. I found a huge roll of rolled black acid-free paper at Michael's to also help preserve them. Anyway, since they are not glued down, they are a bit uneven. I tried several times to make it look straight.. but clearly it's "orientation" is not for me to enforce (bad joke) and I left it as best I could get it. Yes, it's an amateur mounting...but I don't do this for a living. Ha!

Here it is on the wall above the BWANA DEVIL one sheet. I moved the RATS ARE COMING THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE and KILLER SHREWS posters over and made room for the one sheet. You can also see THE EVIL DEAD in its new home.:

It may be hard to make out, but the hall light kind of ruins the space I stuck it in. I may move the BWANA DEVIL stuff eventually when/if I have a bigger display to go there. But for now--yippie! My BWANA DEVIL glasses are out (and proud) (bad "not straight" joke again. Sorry. It was just THERE).

The rest of this post is not that exciting...just posters in two newly created spaces.

By moving THE HEADLESS GHOST and NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST over, I created a space to hang ANDY WARHOL'S DRACULA. The space above has objects I can't move...but it also has space for another future display or two.

I relocated my CREATURE WALKS AMONG US to the wall between my bedroom and the linen closet. The light switch there has always been problematic for posters. When I lived in the house originally (before my 6-year stint in the Shack-O-Rama while I went to nursing school and got the first few years of work under my belt), I had settled for a half sheet hanging there. But with the double-row of one sheets, I realized I could hang a poster below the light switch. I couldn't hang one above the light though as it would throw the rest of the hallway off balance. Instead, I will use the space for still other future displays.

And that's really it for this update. Stay tuned for more!

Thank you for visiting.

CHEERS!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Welcome back! Today, instead of new posters, we have a bunch of projects to share. Nothing exciting. I'm no pro and this is strictly amateur hour...but I am glad more of my artifacts are coming out of the closets and boxes and being put on display---so I can enjoy having them and so can anyone who comes to the house.

Take a look or don't...

Newly framed:

Nothing exciting here. I picked up 2 new frames. Of course, they are only 27x40 as it is impossible to find 27x41 frames any more. One of the frames, as I was unwrapping it I realized the plexiglass was broken in the corner and it will have to go back. That is okay as I have not been able to locate a poster I was planning to put in it. With the other one I opted to put in FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD. No, it's not the best of the series and I have other posters from throughout the series I could use. However, I have a project I hope to do in the coming weeks that has to do with FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 7 and I thought I'd just go ahead and get it framed now. This is not hanging anywhere yet. Stay tuned for more on this project as it happens...

1980's 3D Glasses display:

After completing and hanging my display of 3D glasses from the first 3D movie ever, BWANA DEVIL from 1953, I got to work on a simple, but more jam-packed display of 3D glasses from the 3D revival in the 198_s. I recently found/bought a set of 3D glasses for the movie that put 3D back on the map in 1981, COMIN’ AT YA. However, I already had a pair of glasses for the film—but they were completely different.

In addition to the two COMIN’ AT YA pairs of 3D glasses, I have glasses for TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS, JAWS 3D, the 1982 re-release of 1973’s ANDY WARHOL’S FRANKENSTEIN, PARASITE and that is it. I have a generic pair from the era as well, which I will eventually replace with my FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3 3D glasses. I saw the film TWICE back in the day in the theater, and kept BOTH pairs of glasses. They are somewhere.

I ‘ve seen but am still lacking a pair of ROTTWEILER 3D glasses. Does anyone know if glasses were made for AMITYVILLE 3D, THE MAN WHO WASN’T THERE, SPACEHUNTER, or METALSTORM: THE DESTRUCTION OF JARED SYN? How about the re-release of HOUSE OF WAX or DIAL M FOR MURDER? I’ve never seen any.

Halloween II [prop book]:

I got this prop book from the Rob Zombie remake sequel a while back. While I am not a big fan of the Rob Zombie remakes—especially Part II [What was with the big white ghost horse anyway?]—I am a fan of the HALLOWEEN series as a whole. Getting a piece of it—even from Rob Zombie’s remake sequel—was quite exciting for me.

In the film, Dr Loomis [played by Malcolm McDowell in the Zombie films], out to make a buck, has written a sensationalist account of Michael Myers and his murder spree. He is doing a book signing in Haddonfield [where the crimes were committed] at a book store. Several copies of the book are on display. The book is only as real as its dust jacket. Underneath, it is a James Patterson novel. But it is still neato mosquito to own it.

For the shadow box, I added some shots from the movie that show the book [from the book signing scene and another from a talk show]. It’s no the most exciting thing ever, but I am thrilled to own it and have it up on my walls at home.

The Monster A GoGo Fan Club?

As a joke. a fellow poster collector here on APF who enjoys my posts, saw a fairly recent one and commented: I want to join your fan club so I can receive the official Monster A-Go Go member button! Sign me up!

The picture of the button he had seen was on the bottom of my post.

He wanted to receive the "official Monster A-Go Go member button"? Ha! But the thing was, I had that button, several of them in fact.  It's not nearly as big as the picture, but it is still a Monster A-Go Go button as shown. So, I played along.

After a few weeks, I got the "fan club" kit together. It started off with a certificate of membership:

Had I thought about it, I'd have made the certificate horizontal...but whatever. I didn't want to spend too much time on a silly lark. This would do.

There was also a welcome letter that inventoried all of the fabulous crap...er, membership surprises that were included in the fan club member kit:

I realized after it was sent off that I forgot to "sign" it. Oops! Ha!

As noted in the letter, he gets 3 (count 'em, THREE!) buttons.

In addition to the buttons (you can see how small they truly are below), I also included a box of gummy Boogers and a weird lenticular postcard.

The Freddy's Dead 3D glasses, Jumanji ticket, lubricant, hand sanitizer, box of Beaver Buddies cookies, melting face woman sticker and Bucket of Blood swizzle stick were also included.

I was going to send it all in a large padded envelope...but then I got worried the cookies would be crushed and the BEAST OF BLOOD swizzle stick would get broken. Hmm.

I found an old Amazon box and covered one end of it with paper. I threw everything in and sealed it. I then made the box front below. The recipient's address and my return address were added in later, but you get the general idea of what it looked like.

Of course, once it was all sealed up and decorated, I realized that I had more room inside than an envelope could have carried. I could have thrown in more junk...er, valuable membership merchandise. I had some new horror CD soundtracks and DVDs I could have added. Heck, I could have maybe fit a folded up one sheet in there as well. Oh well. The meager silliness I did send should be fun unto itself. Especially since the whole thing was just a JOKE to begin with.

He should have received it on Monday. I have not heard if he liked it or not yet as he was going to be out of town. I hope he digs it for what it is...

That's it for now.

CHEERS!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Hi Monster!  Man, I can't wait to get back home next week and see in person all the goodies you pictured in the official fan club kit you sent me!!!  Holy moly, the kit looks amazing with official letter and everything!  You are the best, Monster!  My wife said the box looks fantastic, too!  Your fan, Okie.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
ARGH!!!  You were NOT supposed to see this first. Ha! Oh well. I spoiled your surprise. Sorry. 

There may be a BONUS surprise coming soon.

Maybe...  It's a pretty full month for me this October. I may not get to it.

But hopefully I WILL.

CHEERS!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Wow. Glad you are getting to display some stuff. The 3D glasses are really cool to see all together.
Will the Nightmare Before Christmas lent make an appearance this October?

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi there. I do not have a lighted frame yet....so I’ve not ever displayed any of my lenticular posters yet. But I will ask Santa for one for Christmas. Hmmm. Who knows? Cheers

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Like so so many people when it comes to movie posters, I don’t really understand the 3D glasses.  Why do you collect them?  Are they valuable?  Emotional value perhaps?  I’d love to know what draws you to them.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi T. I love movies. The movie poster thing is an extension of that. I’m also a sucker for movie gimmicks. The 3D glasses are part of the gimmick and the glasses are created for individual movies...not just generic glasses. The BWANA DEVIL glasses are from 1953. The JAWS 3D, PARASITE, COMIN’ AT YA, etc are from the 80s. 3D has changed since then and you don’t get those silly cardboard glasses any more. Not worth much but I like them. I also have another display of other gimmicks (barf bags, odorama cards, promo coins, etc. ) .   Not poster stuff, but movie-related.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Hello and oh my stars! It's another Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. How did this happen? I'm not quite sure... Hmm. I really tried to avoid poster shopping and what I have is not that great, but...it IS another Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. Amazing but true!

Okay, the lights are dimming and the show is starting. Shhh! No talking...and please silence your cell phones. Thank you.

MURDER ON CAMPUS:

This is an obscure title---at least, I had never heard of it before. I had never seen the poster before either. It was cheap--so I bought it. What a cheap poster design. It looks like, instead of art, they just decided to use lobby cards (which they probably didn't bother to run on their own). Why did I want this then? The little bit on the bottom was what sold me. There's a bad drawing of a woman (Is that long hair or sideburns?) screaming, the cheesy horror lettering of the title, the fake review ("A thriller-chiller!" **** )  that is attributed to no one, and the company logo (A Colorama Features Release) that I do not recall ever hearing of again were the true elements that attracted me to this one. Ha!

AROUND THE WORLD WITH JOHN HOLMES:

I don't buy many posters for adult (porn) movies. I have noticed now and again that some titles go for a good price. They are usually those from the pre-porn nudies/roughies era, from certain directors (Doris Wishman, Michael and Roberta Findlay, etc.), hit movies (DEEP THROAT, BEHIND THE GREEN DOOR, etc.) or featuring certain stars. I stumbled on this John Holmes poster for a mere $13 and snatched it up. It will sit in a box, but I thought $13 was pretty cheap.

MONSOON:

I had seen this poster come and go just a few times. I know nothing about the flick, but it sounds like it is a big romantic drama with disaster elements towards the end (a monsoon). I dig my disaster flicks and thought I'd add this one. It was cheap. ($10)

THE STRANGERS:

I'm not sure if I ever saw this or not, but I did see the sequel...and that impressed me. CREEPY. There is another home invasion thriller I liked called YOU'RE NEXT, which is also worth checking out.

HELL FEST:

I already have this poster. However...  The other day I (stupidly) purchased 2 poster-sized frames. They were 27x40 though. You can't find 27x41 any more anywhere. When I got home I looked through the last two years of my posts, looking for a newer (27x40) poster to frame. HELL FEST was one of the ones I decided deserved to be framed. However, I could NOT find my poster anywhere (and there are far too many rolls to dig through). So, late last night I went online and found another copy. Ha!    Since I have more than 200 framed posters using up all of my closet space, I don't know what I was thinking buying MORE frames. HELL FEST...if it ever does get framed...can sit in its own hell in closets with the other posters in there.

HELL FEST:

No, I'm not having a brain fart and printing the same poster twice by accident. What happened was that the next two posters down were available fairly cheaply...and so was this. Alone this would have been $20 (with shipping), but as part of a larger order it was under $12 with shipping. SOLD!

SOLO (Advance Lando-style):

I've said many times I am no STAR WARS fan. But, at auction, I recognize the price of things. These character poster seem to sell well and this was fairly cheap. So...

SOLO (Advence Qi'ra style):

Ditto above.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI:

While looking at the two SOLO posters above, this one showed up as a suggestion on a lower portion of the screen. It, too, was lower priced than expected---so someone made a SALE!

INVISIBLE AGENT (3 sheet):

Earlier this year, I scored an INVISIBLE MAN'S REVENGE (1944) 3-sheet. I HATE 3-sheets, but have very little in the way of Universal horror...so I went for it. When I saw this earlier (1942) sequel 3-sheet up for sale, I was interested but not that interested. The seller didn't have any takers and the price came down a little week after week until I finally decided to go for it. It will probably never be displayed (I hate 3 sheets--they are in 2 pieces and I have no frames to fit them.), but maybe it will be worth something someday? Until then, it will remain an invisible purchase, stored away in a box, envelope or drawer somewhere...

Okay. That is all for tonight. It's bed time. Go snuggle up with your favorite dolly and head of to sweet dreams land. May your wildest nightmares come true! Ha!

Thanks for visiting. Good night and...

CHEERS!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Hi T. I love movies. The movie poster thing is an extension of that. I’m also a sucker for movie gimmicks. The 3D glasses are part of the gimmick and the glasses are created for individual movies...not just generic glasses. The BWANA DEVIL glasses are from 1953. The JAWS 3D, PARASITE, COMIN’ AT YA, etc are from the 80s. 3D has changed since then and you don’t get those silly cardboard glasses any more. Not worth much but I like them. I also have another display of other gimmicks (barf bags, odorama cards, promo coins, etc. ) .   Not poster stuff, but movie-related.

Thanks for your answer.  I get it.  It's certainly a very original and different endeavor.  Something I had never seen before, but it totally makes sense.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
I made it home and it was really here: my official Monster A Go-Go Membership Kit!  Hot dog!  Here's a picture of me enjoying all the membership goodies! Thanks, Monster!  Okie
P.S. Yes, my forehead is growing for the holidays.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
So, lil' Monster walked away finally with that sharp looking Invisible Agent 3 sht, eh?!  I was tempted by it, too.  Nice choice out there on the Left Coast a go-go!  Okie