Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 346822 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I love checking your collection Gogo.  I don’t always comment but I always enjoy it.  The posters, of course, but mostly your comments.  Keep it up.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1476 on: February 06, 2019, 04:57:54 PM »

Welcome! Can you believe it is February already? Jeepers! 2019 is off to a go-go crazy fast pace already. Here are some new posters---some not so fab, others are kind of cool (maybe). So have a seat, make yourself comfortable and let's cha-cha-cha our way through them, shall we?

But first...

THIERRY: It is always an unexpected, but welcome, surprise to find a comment from you. Thank you. I'm glad my silly little thread amuses you somewhat. :)

THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG:

Do I have this already? Hmm. I think I do. Disney's first African-American princess tale. I've not seen it, but hope to. I understand there's voodoo and supernatural stuff (all G-rated, of course) in it. How fun.

THE WEIRD WORLD OF LSD (Article style, trimmed):

Normally I would be THRILLED to get this poster. However, it was a last minute bid and...oops! I didn't realize until after my bid was placed that it was TRIMMED. Grrr! Back in the resell pile it goes...

WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (re-release):

I have a few copies of this. I also have an original release poster as well. I love this film. It's scrumdiddlyumptious! Speaking of Wonka, a while back the makers of CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY had an open call, looking for people who were clever enough to write their cards for future editions. If you know the game, you know how random and how politically incorrect it is. I submitted some things, but the only one that was any good (that I even still remember) was this: "A Golden Ticket to your anus". I thought that was clever--but, alas, they never called. Oh well.

STREETS OF FIRE:

Never saw this....

WATCHMEN (Teaser):

I saw this, but don't remember much other than a naked blue giant ghost guy. I thought it had become a cult favorite---and I bid a token amount for this...and it became mine. Maybe I was mistaken about its cult status? Oh well. It was cheap...

PREHISTORIC WOMEN:

Do I already have one of these? While I am reasonable sure that I do, I'm not 100% positive...so I got this copy. Did I really need it? NO!  Hmm. It's a small consolation prize as I missed almost everything else I was watching in the auction (as I completely forgot about it until about an hour in... Yikes!). Oh well...

THE UNTOUCHABLES:

I saw this when it came out in theaters originally. All I remember is the baby carriage scene, with the carriage descending stairs---or just about to (even that memory is murky. Jeepers!).But when i saw this poster at auction, even though it is a more modern poster, I really liked the layout and went for it.

RETURN OF THE JEDI (Style A):

I'm no STAR WARS fan. I did see all of them (except "Episodes II and III") in the theaters. This went cheap and I bought it as an investment. I'll turn around and sell it sooner than later.

GHOSTBUSTERS (International):

I have another one of these. This is my favorite style of GHOSTBUSTERS posters as it has the "no Ghost" symbol, a shot of the cast, and it has the title. (I really don't like the one sheet that has the "no Ghost" symbol---and nothing else, not even the title.) Did I need it? No. Am I glad I bought it? Not really... Oh well.

I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN:

I have long wanted one of these (and its companions I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER). This one has been on eBay forever...and I've been watching it just as long. The price has dropped little by little with no takers. Why? The word "Frankenstein" is on the fold line and the paper has torn through somewhat on the "A" and "N"...so it has some minor issues. it could be linenbacked, but I think it will be okay simply framed. You really can't tell that easily. I'm pleased with it...I think.

Okay... You came. You saw. You wasted a few minutes. Yikes---that is even MORE time gone from February. Zowie! The year is just flying by.

I've already got several posters ready for next time. So stay tuned. I'll be back...

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1477 on: February 10, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »
Hi Monster!

You've got quite a theme (subliminal or intentional, you tricky Monster?!) running through you latest post: is change good or ...!?
Stay with me here: woman to man; frog to prince; farm girl--witch killer; normal dancing--cafe table knee dancing (oh, my!); eye in-- eye out; grandad in bed--grandad out of bed; pink cougars and babes--"Heavens to murgatroyd!" has new meaning; ash streets--being young; blood in the head--blood headed down the street; Rorschach behind bars--Rorschach outside bars (watch again and you'll remember); Resuscitation Annie--Where are my arms and fanny (U.S. meaning intended and apologies to our UK members); Prehistoric duotone--color by Deluxe; Michael with popcorn--Corny Pop Michael (oh man, but I sure like ABC and I'll be There);  Untouchable-- tax touchable; I have no idea what these attached dummies are, and I'm scared to guess: so, bat hole--pie hole; I return--I revenge (too easy?  okay, how about Ewoks are here--Chewie Ewoks); Chimp in a chair--Gorilla in the room; "They're here to save the world"--Where's that next script? (all due respect RIP Harold Ramis);  Margaret Keane--Tim Burton; Teenage Frankenstein--Dr. Doogie Monster; and, Herman's Munster--Pee Wee's Herman (too easy again?).  Always a pleasure, Monster!!!
  Okie

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1478 on: February 13, 2019, 02:51:38 PM »

Welcome back! My 2019 semi-slump-o-rama continues with some good stuff...and more crap I didn't need. Oh well. Take a gander (if you dare). You may become paralyzed with SHOCK and HORROR (...shock and horror that I actually bothered to buy some of the crap you'll see laid before your very eyes)! Can your heart stand the terror of scrolling down for a look-see!?! You have been WARNED. Proceed with caution:

But first...

OKIE:  Zowie! You can find patterns in the most random of things. Ha!  Thank you for your visit and well thought out comment. The photo you reposted of the weird-faced mannequin things is a photo I took in a CPR class one time. I thought it was unusual and kind of creepy...so I slapped it on the page. Your visits are always amazing--and amusing. Thank you again...and dare you venture below for more?  Ha!

MANNEQUIN:

Good lord.... whatEVER possessed me to buy this? Sure, it's an 80's flick and the first in a series (of two), but REALLY? MANNEQUIN? I have NO IDEA why this ended up being bid on by me at all...

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS (International):

This is normally NOT my kind of movie. Someone dragged me off to go see this when it first came out. It turned out that I loved this flick. It was deserving of it's Oscar nominations. But the poster? Snore... I so did NOT need it. I already have the US version (which is also rather dull). WHY did I bid? WHY???

SUPER FLY T.N.T.:

I have never seen this flick or its predecessor, but I really have a thing for blaxploitation flicks from the 70's...especially the horror titles. I have a SUPER FLY poster, but was not sure about the sequel. So...

THE SEX MACHINE:

This is a god-awful, badly dubbed Euro sex comedy from the 70s that played a LOT on Cinemax or Showtime or something back in the day. The best thing about it is the poster. I had a bad copy of the poster and wanted a better one. So, I got this one. However, I have since realized that I already BOUGHT a better copy---last October (yes, less than 4 months ago!). ARGH!!!! I had totally forgotten and I spent way too much money trying to get this one. GRRR.

CONCORDE AFFAIRE '79 (Italian):

This was cheap. I didn't need it, but I love my disaster movies (especially from the 1970s) and I love my Italian ripoff flicks. Ripoff, you ask? Yes! You might have this title confused with Universal's AIRPORT sequel from the same year, THE CONCORDE, AIRPORT '79. To confuse moviegoers even more, not only does it steal elements from AIRPORT '79...it also steals from the underwater crash and rescue from the previous AIRPORT '77 and features JOSEPH COTTON who was in AIRPORT '77. I have the flick on DVD, but have not watched it yet. (Someday...) The whole mess (I've heard it is awful) was directed by Ruggero (billed as "Roger". Ha!)  Deodato, who is most famous for his flick CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST. This film also stars James Franciscus, Mimsy Farmer, Edmund Purdon, and Van Johnson.

MS 45 (legs version):

I have been wanting this a poster for this flick forever. I've never seen the movie, but I want to. I've seen this poster pop up many times before, but always in a condition that I didn't want. Finally, after many years, there came one in a condition I could live with. This is such a great, sexploitive poster. It is much better than the alternate poster for the film, featuring a Hefty bag with a bloody arm hanging out of it.

REVENGE OF THE DEAD:

Also known as ZEDER, this poster art is very cool and suckered me into renting this flick back in the VHS days. The film itself is AWFUL! I don't really think there was even a single zombie in it. Utter crap---but, like I said, great zombie art on the poster. Apparently the Code Red version of the film, released on disc as ZEDER, is uncut and the REVENGE OF THE DEAD version that was released here theatrically and on VHS was heavily edited. What was missing, I could not say...but it is doubtful i'll bother with it ever again (unless I become a hopeless insomniac).

NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES:

This crap-o-rama Italian film by Bruno Mattei is better known today as HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD on DVD and BLU RAY, However, it was released here in early 1984 as NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES. Cool poster art, but stupid movie. Of COURSE I have it. Ha! I got another copy of this poster not long back...but for whatever reason, I went for it AGAIN. I'm a sucker for zombies...  When this (and other unrated flicks) came out with the self-imposed "No One Under 17 Admitted" (which, I think, started with DAWN OF THE DEAD) fortunately my local theaters viewed this as meaning they were rated R. Although I was of age when NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES came out, with others (such as DAWN...), I had to either have my grandmother (!!!) take me or try to pass for being 17. I don't think I was ever turned away. Ha!

FRANKENSTEIN (2008 French re-release):

Although it is a modern poster using just photographic elements, I really dig these French re-releases. I have a small INVISIBLE MAN from this series, but I want to get a larger version of it to match this poster, as well as THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN poster. Were any others re-released with similar posters? It would be great to get the full Universal monster series as done like these posters.

THE KILLER SHREWS:

Another groovy score (in a posting of mostly NOT so groovy scores), this poster is for the old 1950s shocker. (Well, shocker may be too kind of a word....perhaps "snorer" would be more appropriate?) Giant killer shrews attack people on an island (I think it was an island). The shrews were actually small dogs in fierce costumes and the film itself is pretty dull and typical of the output of the period. Third-billed Ken Curtis went on to play Festus on "GUNSMOKE". Believe it or not, there is a statue of Curtis as Festus standing in the Old Town section of my city. (Curtis lived here briefly, apparently.) There was also a modern, direct-to-video sequel in 2012, THE RETURN OF THE KILLER SHREWS, It's out of print and the used copies are kind of pricey. Anyone see it? Any good?

Okay---congratulations! If you are reading this, you've survived the crap and slogged on through to the (hopefully) better stuff. But now we are done---at least for now. Thank you for visiting. Have a groovy day.

Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1479 on: February 13, 2019, 09:04:09 PM »
Monster, another great Freak-O-Vision selection! The Ms.45 1-sheet is the one to have. Great movie. The 2008 French reissue of Frankie, Bride of Frankie, and Invisible Man were the only films reissued. The thread connecting them is director James Whale. Why they were reissued in 2008 I don't know.

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Hello, and welcome back. This poster haul is not that stellar. I vote you skip it now and save yourself the bother. Why post it then? So I have a visual record of what I have.

But you may notice there are only 8 posters instead of my customary 10. That is because this will be the last post for awhile...at least until late April or, more likely, sometime in May or June. I'm leaving on a trip to Europe for several weeks and won't be home until the 18th or so. These 8 are all of the new stuff I have to share at the moment.

But first...

cabmangray: Hi there. I appreciate your recent visit. I'm glad there was at least ONE thing (Ms 45) there that was of interest. And thank you for the info on the Whale re-releases. I really like them. CHEERS!

Okay, take a look below or don't. I'll be seeing you...

KENNY & CO:

I didn't need this when I came across it...and I think I already have one anyway. (Which is good because--argh!--I did not notice the rating has a snipe over it. Grrr!) KENNY & CO. is an early Don "Phantasm" Coscarelli flick. When I was a kid during winter break of 1978, my parents took my brother and me to San Diego. We stayed in this ordinary hotel that sort of became magical to my brother and I. I can't remember all of the cool things that happened, but there was a vending machine that gave us free ice creams. Ha!)  There was cable TV in the room. KENNY & CO was on it and we LOVED it. We watched it several times and would mention to each other occasionally through the years. A long while back it was released on DVD and I bought us each a copy. Watching it as an adult...well, it didn't seem at all what I recalled and was not that great to my grown up eyes. Oh well. The poster takes me back to the magic of December 1978 somewhat, at least.

LOVE ISLAND:

This was probably a stupid purchase--and I got it super cheap. If nothing else, i can put it in my tiki room---if I ever have a tiki room. Why did I buy it? Although I have never seen it, the fact it stars Eva Gabor as an island native (probably the only native girl with an inexplicable Hungarian accent) screamed out high camp to me...kind of like Zsa Zsa being the only Venusian with a Hungarian accent in QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE.But this flick apparently features BLAZING LIPS and THROBBING ADVENTURE! Oh my!!!

SEPTEMBER STORM:

Yes, I have this poster already---several times over. I can't help it. I just see an old 3D poster and I have to make it mine...especially when it goes so cheaply...even though I have several already. And I have yet to see the flick (But I do have the 3D blu ray---I just need a 3D TV. ARGH!)

THE WATCHER IN THE WOODS:

I've never seen this supernatural (?) Disney movie (one of their first rated--gasp!-- PG! Jeepers!), but I was always curious about it. I don't think it got very good reviews and I don't think it was a box office success...but... And Lifetime apparently remade it with Angelica Houston in the Bette Davis role. Which is better? Hmm. Whatever--this was a cheap poster.

THE OMEN (Turkish):

This Turkish OMEN poster is one of my favorite Turkish posters. Yes, I already have a copy of this. I'm a spaz. I do not know how else to explain it.

HATCHET:

I had no idea HATCHET played theatrically until I saw this poster for sale. Of course, i bought it--despite it being not so very exciting.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM (Teaser):

The Jurassic Park series has been around a long while---with some good entries and some not so great. This last one was pretty good, but the previous chapter was better. I didn't like the posters for the last installment and don't really buy posters for sequels in general (I do in some instances---like my horror and Bond franchises). Still, I liked the art on this one, so...

CAPTAIN SINBAD (Italian 2F):

I am really delighted with this little find. Italian posters were (past tense...since everyone does quick/cheap Photoshop stuff these days) so wonderfully painted back in the day. I've got a collection of Sinbad movies, including the US release of this film. However, for some reason, the US poster calls the film "CAPTAIN SINDBAD" and that extra "D" just bugs the crap out of me. I don't know why they did it. ALL of the cinematic Sinbads I've tracked down have always used the single "D" spelling. My only guess is they were trying to avoid any copyright infringement from "THE SEVENTH VOYAGE OF SINBAD" at the time? Who knows... Who cares...? I'm just glad to have this. Yippie!

Okay---I know that wasn't much, but it is all I have at the moment. I'll see you after my trip...in May or June at the earliest (if I can afford anything. Europe will be expensive---and I can just hear my wallet crying already. Ha!)

Thanks for looking. Have a groovy day.

CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Tickets!  Get your tickets! The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin...

Hi there. I am back from my trip and finally have a few more poster to share. I did NOT find anything in Europe to buy, unfortunately...yet I have a couple of stories about Europe to share here. Anyway, the staff is ready to help you find your seat. The show will be starting in just a moment. ENJOY!

GONE WITH THE WIND (1954 re-release):

I just got back from spending several weeks in Europe. While in England, I met/visited with a female movie poster collector friend o' mine and gifted her with a 1961 re-release poster for GONE WITH THE WIND.

Then, on the l-o-n-g 12 1/2 hour flight home from Rome, I watched several movies. To help eat up time, one of the flicks I watched was GONE WITH THE WIND. While I was gone, I had occasionally logged on to poster auction sites. I'd bid randomly on an item here or there, but didn't follow the auction as the time zones were all off for me and I was busy playing tourist. I won nothing, or so I thought...

When I got home, I visited my auction sites to see what was going on. Was there anything new I needed to watch? And there, on Heritage, was an invoice. I had won a 1954 re-release for GONE WITH THE WIND. While not nearly as nice as the one I gave my friend, I had absolutely NO MEMORY of bidding on it. Ha!

THE CURSE OF LA LLORONA:

When I was in Russia, I stumbled into a food court (which they called Food Park). Although some may consider me an adventurous traveler, I'm NOT adventurous when it comes to food. I don't like a lot of things and I had no idea what a lot of Russian dishes were (let alone how to pronounce them). I went up the escalator in the Food Park looking for the Burger King (Burger Czar?) that was advertised as being up there. (I usually hate Burger King, but... I knew what it was.) The upstairs turned out to be a lobby for a movie theater. (There was a Burger King food court hidden up there as well.) I saw posters for things like SHAZAM and the new AVENGERS flick---all in Russian, of course. And then I saw this poster:

Zowie! That looked creepy cool. What was that? I had no clue.

Upon arrival home, I was happily surprised to see the same poster...in English (well, mostly) for the new horror flick LA LLORONA, which I had no idea was even coming out. I quickly snatched up the poster as I had been fascinated by what it could be since seeing it in St Petersburg. Of course, now I've actually seen the movie and...well, it's okay, but nothing new or original. Just the same ol' horror schlock from THE CONJURING people (think THE NUN or INSIDIOUS). Oh well... Still a cool image.

THE BLACK GESTAPO:

Thankfully I already have one of these--with the correct title. This was in an auction when I first got home. I hadn't previewed anything and had to bid early as I worked. THE BLACK GESTAPO is a cool poster. I couldn't believe it was going for so little. (I had paid much more for my other copy.)  It was only after I was home from work and I had won the poster that I realized...oops!  This version had been re-titled GHETTO WARRIORS. UGH! I'll just turn around and resell it later. Curiously though, it still says "BLACK GESTAPO" in the lower credits. Hmm.

THE MONSTER THAT CHALLENGED THE WORLD/THE RETURN OF DRACULA/THE VAMPIRE (triple feature re-release):

Do you have guts? Can you take 15,000 terrifying seconds of horror in one show! Ha! I may have this poster already---I'm not sure. But just in case, I couldn't let this triple feature re-release poster go. It's just too cool! Apparently this re-release featured green-tinted (or perhaps just a green filter put on the projector?) film as it is "presented in GRUESOME GREEN"! AWESOME!!!

RACE WITH THE DEVIL:

I saw this movie on TV when I was a kid...and the story stuck with me. Recently (as in within the last week) I finally gave it another watch. While the idea of the movie is truly horrifying, the movie itself is agonizingly s-l-o-w. Oh well. I have a one sheet already, but it has missing corners. I have long been searching for a replacement---but they always escaped my grasp. Luckily I scored this one and not at a bad price either. Hooray!

THE THING WITH TWO HEADS:

This is my prize of the current batch o' posters...and is a poster I've wanted for years. THE THING WITH TWO HEADS is not a very good movie (and I just re-watched it a few months back)...but what a concept! Too fab! I love it and am thrilled to have such a cheesy, sleazy schlock film poster. Zowie!

ALPHA AND OMEGA (lenticular):

I didn't need this at all (In fact, I think I may already have one), but lenticular posters are so very groovy cool. Even for a movie that has already faded from most people's memories, I couldn't let this lenticular go. Hello? It was less than $20.

BIRTH OF THE LIVING DEAD:

This and the poster below were "won" by placing bids on things and letting luck of the draw decide what I won and lost. Neither of these things I needed desperately...and the ones I really wanted were (of course) snatched from my hands. Oh well. I might have this already, but wasn't sure (and didn't have time to check when I was placing bids). But as a documentary on George Romero's classic NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, I thought it might be a fun addition to my collection.

CALENDAR GIRLS:

Here is something else I might already have a copy of...and I didn't really need, but... I do like the quasi-trompe l'oeil aesthetic of the poster with the calendar seemingly popping off the flat surface of the poster. Never saw the flick...but am guessing it is/was an early adult flick? It seems to be a "lost" film. Hmm.

LOVE ME DEADLY (Spain):

This is NOT the most interesting of posters ever/. In fact it is boring, actually. But it is the ONLY paper I have ever seen for this weird title, LOVE ME DEADLY. This movie, if you never heard of it, hails from the 1970s and is about necrophilia (!!!!), long before NECROMANTIK or even THE CORPSE BRIDE were even thought of. It co-stars Lyle Waggoner from TV's WONDER WOMAN and Christopher Stone of THE HOWLING. I've only seen the movie once---and it wasn't that great. It could use a remake---but who is gonna tackle a subject like this? Ha! I think the girl in the flick was not only obsessed with corpses, but specifically corpses that reminded her of her father---taking this flick into another whole realm of weirdness (Incestuous necrophilia fantasy? WTF!?!). Freaky.

Okay, that's it for this time. Thanks for visiting. Stay tuned for more.

Cheers!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Monster is back! Thank goodness!  I've missed you!  No wonder we didn't hear from you: Calendar Girls (European Style)!  Every night all-out chicks (not sure that you can even ask someone if they are an "all-out chick"?) !  You naughty Monster!  Glad you are back!

Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Good stuff there, Gogo.  Always a fun read  thumbsup.gif

Oh, and necrophilia to boot.  Good times!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Both calendar girls and two heads.... Great posters to add to you collection... Wish I had them!   thumbsup.gif

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Welcome back! Believe it or not, I have another Shock-O-Rama Poster Show ready to share with you already...just days after posting the last one. It is not the most exciting batch ever, but there are a few trinkets you may like.

But first...

OKIE: Wow.... you noticed my absence? I'm glad you are glad I am back and thrilled that at least CALENDAR GIRLS caught your eye (or caught your something...). Thanks for the note.

THIERRY: I am glad you enjoyed my last post. Yes, bonus necrophilia, too. I am a former teacher and I do try to educate those out there who never dreamed such weirdness existed. (EEW). Ha!  CHEERS! Thank you for the visit.

STEVE: You LIVE!!  It has been ages since I've seen you around. How are you? I'm glad you liked those two posters. There's another in today's post placed here specifically with YOU in mind. Can you figure out which one? Hint--is this your life story? Just teasing, of course. So good to see you here. CHEERS!

Okay... Grab your popcorn, your Coke and your hot dog and make your way to your seat. The show is about to begin...

THE LAST WAVE (BLACK RAIN re-release?):

I always meant to see THE LAST WAVE, but I always had the feeling I would be bored by it and feel ripped off after all of the "It will scare the hell out of you" hype. This alternate title (re-release?) poster came to me in a lot. If anything, it re-awakened the interest in seeing the film. But will I follow through? Hmm...

IT'S NOT THE SIZE THAT COUNTS:

Vincent Price is in this? What???  Elke Sommer is as well, but she probably needed the work. This was also part of a lot purchase. If the film is called IT'S NOT THE SIZE THAT COUNTS, that implies it is about the size of the male lead's...personality. I wonder what his life was like AFTER the film. Did everyone just assume, based on the movie, he was diminutive in a certain area? (That is, of course, assuming anyone saw the movie). Ha!

THE BLACK CAT:

I already have (several) copies of this Lucio Fulci poster. It was also part of a lot purchase, but it's a Fulci...so hopefully there will be a resale value down the road (if i bother to list it myself on eBay or wherever),

THE SLASHER:

Another poster I already have...but one for a film I am curious about. Farley Granger and Sylva Koscina star. I've never seen it. To further add to the fascination with this flick, it was later re-released under the title "Penetration" with new porno inserts and other inserts. I haven't seen that either. But I wondered how Farley Granger felt being in a (SURPRISE!!!) porno flick. Ha!

MORTUARY:

There was, for whatever reason, a string of graveyard-themed  flicks in the 80s. MAUSOLEUM, FUNERAL HOME and this one, MORTUARY. Surprisingly (I just realized) I have never seen any of them. I tracked down the MAUSOLEUM and FUNERAL HOME posters easily...but MORTUARY? It always eluded me...until i FINALLY snagged one. Now they just seem to land in my lap quite often. Ha! Yes, this is another lot purchase. (Don't worry...there are NON-lot purchases coming up as well...)

DEMON WITCH CHILD:

I LOVE my EXORCIST knock-offs. DEMON WITCH CHILD is no exception. I finally got a non-bootleg DVD to watch a few years back. The bootleg was such awful quality. Oddly, I have NOT watched the (hopefully better) DVD yet. Ha! I have purchased this poster several times. It is a dull poster. However, every time I'd buy one, there'd be some flaw with it I didn't like and I'd need to buy another. I have since gotten a good enough copy...but the posters keep coming my way. EEK! This was, of course, part of a lot purchase, too.

STAR WARS - THE LAST JEDI:

I know what you are thinking...  Another lot purchase. Right? Right. Sorry. No, actually this was NOT a lot purchase. I do NOT know what I was thinking with this one. I'm always interested in picking up STAR WARS crap if it is cheap enough. I'm just not a fan. I couldn't tell you the names of any of the characters on this poster except those that appeared in the original trilogy (parts 4-6). It was going cheaply, so i bid on it....and then was outbid. I was online at the time (at work. Shh!), and got in a minor bidding war....and before I knew it, I paid way the @%#$& too much for this. UGH!!!!! I so thought I was over doing stupid things like that. Oh well.

PELVIS:

I have never seen this movie, but I love this idiotic poster...and have purchased it many times (I('m stupid that way). I know this film was later re-released as TOGA PARTY (after the success of ANIMAL HOUSE), but I never saw that either. The songs listed on the poster sound funny: "Nazi Lady", "All Dressed Up in Rubber with No Place to Go", and "If  That Isn't Love It's Emphysema". (What!?! Ha!). The movie probably sucks---but the poster I find fun. Not to be confused with any person living, dead, or immortalized.

FANTASTIC VOYAGE:

I LOVE this cool old sci fi flick with Stephen Boyd, Raquel Welch and Donald Pleasence. The sets in the body are amazing. Too bad the poster isn't nearly as cool as the movie. The poster is a snoozer (Zzzzz), Yet, for YEARS I have tried to snag one. I finally scored one. Hooray!

HEADLESS EYES and THE GHASTLY ONES (combo re-release):

I know this may not look like much (and really...there isn't much to look at here. Ha!), but to me, this is my prize this batch. I've also been trying to snag this for years. I've never seen THE HEADLESS EYES, but the co-feature THE GHASTLY ONES is why I am interested in this poster. THE GHASTLY ONES is a trash epic by Andy Milligan. Milligan was a low-budget (no budget) auteur (more like auturd) who made a string of nudie films (like THE FILTHY FIVE, GUTTER TRASH, THE PROMISCUOUS SEX, FLESHPOT ON 42ND STREET, etc.), most of which are lost, as the producer (the notoriously cheap William Mishkin) melted all of the prints down for their silver value. Milligan is also notorious for his craptastic horror epics such as THE RATS ARE COMING THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE, BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS, TORTURE DUNGEON, etc. His films truly are dreadful and hard to watch (zzzzz), yet (especially the horror flicks) they were continuously re-released to drive ins and grindhouses for years. The best thing about them are the posters.(and I have a good many of them). This poster is not that fab...and GHASTLY ONES only takes up a small percentage of the poster, but I am thrilled to have one more Milligan piece in my collection. Hooray!

Okay gang. That's it today. Be sure to hang your speakers up before you head home. Check back in a few days as our next presentation is being readied now. Thank you for visiting.

CHEERS!

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
I also dig headless/ghastly eyes.  Is it smaller than a one sheet?

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Step right up, ladies and gents. Step right up and be prepared to see the most shocking cavalcade of perversions and horror ever seen. Can your heart stand such endless terror? Can your mind tolerate a non-stop assault on the senses? This is not for the faint at heart, the feeble minded or those who are sexually inexperienced. Be prepared to go beyond the limits of your imagination and beyond the limits of taste or morality. Get ready to experience the impossible and the unimaginable.

Don't I wish. Actually, it's just another so-so edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. But take a look-see if you like. It's cheap (FREE) and you might see something you've never seen before. (That's doubtful, but we can all hope. Right?)

Crazy Vick: What a delight to see you here. It has been a long while. I'm glad you found the HEADLESS EYES/GHASTLY ONES groovy. According to the auction site, it IS a regular 27x41 poster. (I have NOT received it yet...) Thanks for visiting.

Okay, the show is starting. But before we dim the lights and begin, let me remind you that there are no refunds. View at your own risk!

BEYOND EROTICA:

This was in a lot purchase. I wasn't even going to bother posting it...and then I looked at it more closely. David Hemmings and Alida Valli are in this? And it's rated R? The climax is only the beginning---clever tag line...but what is BEYOND EROTICA? Hmm. Lame poster though.

THE HUNTED:

I am guessing that this flick isn't that good. I've never heard of it--and I'm old(-ish). If it were some great flick, i'm sure it would have been picked up on my radar at some point... but it hasn't. But the poster makes it look like it should be good. It's a lot purchase. And while it's not a great poster, it's interesting. It got me wondering about the flick...I did find it's alternate title is TOUCH ME NOT and it was from 1974...but even though it has a 5.6 rating on IMDB, there are no reviews for it. Hmm.

SCORE:

I've seen this poster (which is as dull as they come) sell for quite a decent amount of money (and i have no idea why). So I was super surprised when I spotted this in my lot purchase. I think i may have purchased this on DVD a long while back...but I haven't bothered with it yet. It just doesn't look that interesting.But what do I know?

TERROR AT RED WOLF INN:

I think I may have this already--but I'm not sure. But if I do have one already, what the heck? No big deal. I could swear I have seen this flick... After reading the description on IMDB, scenes are flashing in my head. But where would I have seen this? Hmm.

TORSO:

I remember when this came out. I wanted to see it so bad. Of course, to my little 9 year old mind at the time, I thought it was going to be utterly gruesome. It's a 1973 Euro film but was released here in September 1974 (according to IMDB). TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE came out a month later. The success of TCM probably helped TORSO's business. (In my memory, TORSO came out AFTER TCM....and that may be the case in my home town. Back then, movies were not all released nationwide at the same time. They played an area for a while, then moved to another area and played there, before moving on again.) I've still never seen the flick. The poster is just a cheap photo collage. The saw and the tagline with the word psychosexual were probably enough to get 1974 audiences in. Oh well. i'm not dead yet. Maybe I'll see it some day.

THE CREATURES/FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE/THE CREATURES FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE:

I thought this title was a little fishy. I wasn't sure if I had this poster already or not. But the cast looked familiar and, yep...THE CREATURES and FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE are the same movie. It has even been issued as THE CREATURES FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE according to IMDB. Not a great poster--but okay-ish. Whatever...

NEW HOUSE ON THE LEFT / NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS/LAST STOP ON THE NIGHT TRAIN/LAST HOUSE - PART II/SECOND HOUSE ON THE LEFT/CHRISTMAS MASSACRE:

I love the fact that the US distributors tried to pawn this off on the public as a sequel to LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT. In fact, it was released with several different titles to make it seem like a sequel (LAST HOUSE - PART II and SECOND HOUSE ON THE LEFT). The movie IS a ripoff of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, but it takes place on a train---not in a house. I love how the poster makes it appear as if the girl is in a chair near the living room window, when she is actually on a train seat. Nothing shown in the window is ever in the movie. Still, LAST STOP ON THE NIGHT TRAIN is a gritty little movie on its own--despite being a LAST HOUSE knock off.

KEEP MY GRAVE OPEN:

S.F. Brownrigg made a string of regional films back in the 70s that were almost good. Of the four flicks he is known (DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT, DON'T OPEN THE DOOR, SCUM OF THE EARTH and KEEP MY GRAVE OPEN), I prefer SCUM OF THE EARTH. That flick was later re-titled POOR WHITE TRASH 2 and features the only filmed "okie blow" (blowing snot out of your nose onto the ground) I've ever seen on film. There are no okie blows in KEEP MY GRAVE OPEN---but it might have helped. The film is about a woman who lives in a run down old mansion somewhere in Texas and who may or may not be crazy. It starts off well, but falls apart by the end. Still, it is a shame that Brownrigg didn't make more films. There really is promise in his low-rent thrillers from the 70s. He made one silly comedy in the mid-80s and that was it. He died in the mid-90s at age 58.

HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW:

I've seen the remake, but never the original...which is odd because it seemed like I was always at the movies in the 80s...and yet somehow I missed a lot of the lower-tiered 80s slasher classics. Any good? Worth the bother?

CORPSE EATERS:

I love this poster even though the film (which is super hard to track down) is kind of a dud. I have a coupe of copies of it already, but why not one more? The amazing thing about this poster is that there seem to be a lot of them floating around out there...and yet the film never really had much of a theatrical run. Why were so many posters made? I'm just glad I got to see the flick and have a few of these cool beauties myself. Are there any other post-NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD/pre-DAWN OF THE DEAD zombie flicks I still need posters for? Hmm...

Okay--that was short and not too filling. Do you still have room for more cheese and sleaze? Stay tuned because another installment of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is coming VERY soon. BEWARE!!!

CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
This is great.  I've never heard of any of these movies, so I feel I am being entertained and schooled at the same time.  Where do you find this stuff and how do you know it even exists?  Have you seen these movies or you just go down a horror list?

T
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:22:31 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
This is great.  I've never heard of any of these movies, so I feel I am being entertained and schooled at the same time.  Where do you find this stuff and how do you know it even exists?  Have you seen these movies or you just go down a horror list?

T

Seconded.  Have you seen any/all of these?  If any of them are good I'm always looking for new recommendations for my Halloween horror extravaganza....
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:22:43 PM by eatbrie »

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Welcome back to yet another cheap edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. It's a sleaze & schlock bonanza day, as we display posters for films that played over and over in drive-ins and grindhouses across the country in the '70's and '80's. As you look for a seat that isn't broken or too badly worn, be sure to look out for casually discarded syringes. Try not to pay too much attention to the sticky residue on the floors or the mystery stains that may be on your seat's fabric. Be sure to visit out snack bar where we are having a big sale on Hershey's Bar None chocolate bars. I know they've been out of production since 1993, but we recently found boxes of them in out basement.

THIERRY:  Welcome back. Where do I find these posters? Same places you find yours; eMovieposter, Heritage, eBay, other auctions here and there. Have I seen the movies? A good chunk of them, I have (including LOVE ME DEADLY, the one about necrophilia you mentioned last time you stopped by). I'm glad you find these posters at least interesting... Cheers!

MATT: Wow...an even rarer visitor to my lowly page. Welcome. Recommendations? Hmm. There's nothing really SUPER FAB that you must see, certainly nothing spooky for Halloween. Of my recent posts since I've been back from my trip, I'd say PIECES (below) or LAST STOP ON THE NIGHT TRAIN (NEW HOUSE ON THE LEFT) would be the most interesting. But for Halloween? Hmm. I don't know. To answer your other question, as I just told T, I have not seen all of the movies for the posters I've collected, but I HAVE seen the majority of them.In this post, I've seen everything but WICKER MAN and HAUNTED. Thanks for your visit.

And now, sit back and relax and let your eyes get used to the dim light. The show is about to begin...

SWEET SIXTEEN:

I saw this flick with it's cast of Hollywood stars on their way down, down, down. Bo Hopkins, Susan Strasberg, Patrick Macnee, Don Stroud, Larry Storch, Michael Pataki, and Sharon Farrell are all in it, as is the female lead from "Friday the 13th Part 3 3D", Dana Kimmell. Despite the cast, the movie was b-o-r-i-n-g. I saw this in the theater---and back then you didn't walk out of a movie. Snore.  Another 80's flick from the lower tier of slasher films and part of a lot purchase.

CARNIVAL MAGIC:

What is this doing in the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show? A story of a magician (who really can read minds and levitate objects) and his talking monkey sounds like a kids flick...and it may be that. But it is from the demented mind of Al Adamson (the man responsible for HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS, BLOOD OF GHASTLY HORROR, DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN and many others). Weird trash that has to be seen to be believed. And it IS trash--most would find awful but other would find gleefully wonderful.

ELIMINATORS:

When this film came out in the VHS era and I saw it on display, the first thing that came to mind was that it was a film about a rag-tag team that battled constipation. I don't know why, but it did. Of course, I realized it had nothing to do with that. But in my silly mind it did. Ha! Too this day, I still think of that when I see this. The TERMINATOR rip-off character MANDROID had his own movie as well, if I am not mistaken.

PRANKS/ THE DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD:

I remember reading about this in the pages of Fangoria when it was still going to be called PRANKS. Similar (but different?) artwork for the film graced the cover of that particular issue, as I recall. Aha! I found it online. Here it is:

Anyway, the film sounded cool and I kept waiting and waiting and WAITING for it to come out. It never did (in my town anyway). I'm not entirely sure but I think the film was re-titled before it was released as THE DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD and all of these PRANKS posters got scrapped (which may account for them being so plentiful). I missed THE DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD in the '80's, but caught it on disk not long back. I really had NOT missed anything back in the '80's after all. Oh well. (Another lot purchase item).

THE WICKER MAN (re-release):

I know this film is highly regarded, but I do not think I've ever properly seen it (or the remake). For some reason the poster usually fetches a nice price---even the re-release usually goes for more than i would pay for a re-release. Hmm. I think I did rent it back in the VHS era....but watched it on fast forward mode, waiting for something interesting to happen. (I was young...)  Is it worth tracking down and watching?

HAUNTED:

Another lot purchase. I have this poster...but I like it, so do not mind another. I have always wanted to see this, but I am sure it is crap. I may have seen it in the VHS era, but think i might be confusing it with something called HAUNTS from the same era. Whichever I saw was CRAP---but I do NOT remember a phone booth in the cemetery. Hmm.  Just found a copy on eBay and ordered it. I'll probably never get around to watching it though. Ha!

BEYOND THE DOOR 2 / SHOCK:

I remember when this came out. Oh man, I wanted to see it. I love EXORCIST knockoffs. At this point I had NOT see THE EXORCIST or the first BEYOND THE DOOR ---but I knew what they were about. BEYOND THE DOOR 2 was billed as more of the same. Zowie! I had to see it. The ad in the newspaper also made me desperately want the one sheet. The only trouble is, the newspaper ad and the one sheet are different.

I just thought there were two versions of the one sheet and I kept looking, and looking and looking. No deal. There's just the one. The one sheet is okay, but I like the creepiness of the boy becoming possessed in the newspaper ad better.

BEYOND THE DOOR 2 is a sequel in name only. It is actually a re-titling of Mario Bava's last film, SHOCK. After BEYOND THE DOOR  was a big hit, Film Ventures International were hot to release a follow up. Since this film and BEYOND THE DOOR both featured the same child actor (David Colin Jr), why NOT say it is a sequel?

NECROPOLIS:

I dig this poster but as I recall the movie (which I also saw back in the VHS days), the movie is rather weak. Still it has a great title and a poster with a sexy motorcycle girl AND zombies can't be all bad. Right?

EYE OF THE EVIL DEAD:

No relation to the Sam Raimi EVIL DEAD series, this bizarre mess (but it's still kind of interesting) is a product of Lucio Fulci, the man behind ZOMBIE and GATES OF HELL.

PIECES:

I already have a copy or two of this poster. There is one hanging up in my bedroom, actually. REALLY! This is a grindhouse mainstay. This has it all---blood, gore, horrible dubbing, a whodunit, bad acting, nudity, and a decent B-movie cast featuring Christopher George as the cop on the case, Linda Day George as the former tennis star turned undercover cop, Edmund Purdon as the university dean and Paul Smith as the campus groundskeeper. Sleazy cheezy 80's Euro-horror goodness!

Okay---that's it for today. Nothing to fabulous....just fun, old grindhouse fare. Mmm Mmm! I love me some good, old fashion horror and exploitation.  Okay. You can unstick yourself from the floor now. Have a nice evening and I'll see you next time.

CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

RUN while you still can. NOW!  I'm NOT kidding. While I hoped to pick up a few auctions wins over the last few days, I have found I have lost everything I've bid on. That is no big deal, really...except I was hoping any newly one poster would disguise or pull focus away from the bottom-of-the-barrel dreck I was including. Lots are designed to get rid of the trash by adding them to some semi-interesting but nothing-really-great posters as an enticement. Oh, there are always those lots that contain posters you will never post in a zillion years ("Nureyev's Don Quixote" or "Musical Passage" or "The Other Side of the Mountain Part 2", etc. any one?). My most recent lot and other lots before that have left me with dozens of posters I will never bother to share. Instead of waiting for better posters to come my way, I wanted to dispose of, er... post those few posters that are even slightly interesting. In lieu of the hoped for better posters, I've had to break into the lot purchase closet of shame to round out the posting. So, instead of pulling out the super snore-inducing "Lovers and Other Strangers" or "Visit To A Chief's Son" or "Trenchcoat", I've gone for the out and out laughable worst of the worst. You have been WARNED!!!!

FORCED ENTRY:

From 1975, future CHARLIE'S ANGEL and BOND Girl Tanya Roberts stars alongside a pre-CARRIE Nancy Allen in what apparently is a 2-years later remake of a 1973 porn "roughie" of the same name that starred Harry Reems (acting under a different name). From what I've read on IMDB, the results were awful. Tanya Roberts' career has always boggled my mind. I never thought she was all that good as an actress, and yet she keep moving up the ladder from low-budget crap like this (and the wonderful TOURIST TRAP) to being an Angel and Bond girl.

ON THE RIGHT TRACK:

Ugh. Yes, I hang my head in shame and freely admit that I own this poster. Ha! It was in a lot purchase a long while back. Did anyone ever actually see this flick? I sure never did. I remember when it came out, though. I was already over the whole Gary Coleman thang. Why bother seeing him at the movies when you could watch him on DIFF'RENT STROKES every week on TV for free?

HEIDI'S SONG:

If you though ON THE RIGHT TRACK was awful... O' the horror! It's HEIDI'S SONG? Lorne Greene was apparently one of the voice actors. Eek! I can't imagine him in a MUSICAL? (This IS a musical, right? It sounds painful...)

ZAPPED:

Yes, I am the lucky owner of the poster for the Scott Baio/Willie Aames comedy ZAPPED. I know you are all jealous. Just get over it. (Although, alas... I do NOT have the one sheet for the I'm-sure-you've-forgotten sequel, ZAPPED AGAIN. Oh well, there'll be other lots in my future, I'm sure. Maybe I'll get (un)lucky again???

BOOGIE VISION:

I have this on DVD (Believe it or not, it was issued on a triple-feature disk Media Blasters put out several years ago that I still have not bothered to watch yet)...but really? Did I need the poster, too? Actually I already HAVE another copy (from another previously purchased lot, no doubt). According to IMDB, it's about a struggling filmmaker who learns his girlfriend's father is a movie producer. He throws together a bad sci-fi flick in 3 days to give to the producer---only he doesn't realize the producer is an adult film producer. Hilarity ensues (or is supposed to, I'm sure). Whatever...

HOT AND DEADLY:

This looks like some sort of horror movie or some sort of I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE revenge flick at the very least. Apparently (IMDB again), this film is about a guy (not a girl, as featured on the poster) who gets recruited to be some sort of assassin...but he won't kill. So he becomes the target. I'd rather it was an I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE knock-off. Oh well...

MAN FROM DEEP RIVER:

Also known as SACRIFICE, this is the Umberto Lenzi flick that started the whole cannibal subgenre in the 70s. I have a copy or two of this poster, plus a better, full-color version with additional art work. This film is rather cannibal-light, but it did usher in the hard-to-watch gorier CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST and MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY among others.

MUTANT:

This is a fun (well...  more like okay) little monster movie with a terrible one sheet. Wanna be action star WINGS HAUSER (who? He's still working...so be kind) stars alongside Bo Hopkins and a grownup Lee Harcourt Montgomery (from BEN, BURNT OFFERINGS and THE MILLION DOLLAR DUCK).

THE ALCHEMIST:

It's another benign Charles Band flick (But Band is hiding under an alias as he sits in the directors chair. Hmm. I guess he didn't have much faith in the final product? The poster could have been better...)

CRITTERS:

Speaking of posters that could have/should have been better, I give you CRITTERS. CRITTERS was a popular low-budget hit about these small large-mouthed aliens that come to Earth...to eat us! Followed by several sequels as well as a new (2019) sequel movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10240612/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_6 and TV series https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8026466/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_4, the poster for the film that started it all is a loser. It could have been so much better. Oh well...it is what it is.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  If you made it this far, you've survived what was possibly/probably the lamest post ever! Phew! I know it was touch and go there for a while. But you made it through. You deserve a l-o-n-g smoke break after that (Even if you are not a smoker!) I'm kidding (and DON'T smoke). I was just trying to figure out a way to work in this FLINTSTONES gif of Fred and Wilma puffing away. SHOCKING!  But--go! You are free! You deserve a gold star for reaching this point. Hooray! It's all over. (At least until NEXT time. Hee hee!)

CHEERS!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
MATT: Wow...an even rarer visitor to my lowly page. Welcome. Recommendations? Hmm. There's nothing really SUPER FAB that you must see, certainly nothing spooky for Halloween. Of my recent posts since I've been back from my trip, I'd say PIECES (below) or LAST STOP ON THE NIGHT TRAIN (NEW HOUSE ON THE LEFT) would be the most interesting. But for Halloween? Hmm. I don't know. To answer your other question, as I just told T, I have not seen all of the movies for the posters I've collected, but I HAVE seen the majority of them.In this post, I've seen everything but WICKER MAN and HAUNTED. Thanks for your visit.
[/quote]

Just because I haven't been commenting much lately doesn't mean I don't pop by this thread -- I always enjoy your write ups  thumbsup.gif

I've been meaning to check out Pieces.  I'll add that to my list this year.  You should definitely check out Wicker Man (not the Cage version!).  It's a trip.  Try to find the 94 min 'Final Cut' version.  Unfortunately the 88 min 'theatrical cut' is the one most commonly found on streaming sources -- that one's a bit of a mess. 

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Welcome back. Just when I thought I wouldn't have another post until June at the earliest, I'm B-A-C-K with another one in May...with only days to spare! While certainly better than my last post (which was just filled with CRAP), this one is still not the most exciting of posts---but there are a few choice nuggets to be found (if you DARE to scroll down).

But first...

MATT: Okay. I've taken your word for it and ordered THE WICKER MAN (Director's cut) on DVD. I'll give it a watch one of these days. Thanks for the advice and visit! I hope PIECES works out for you.  Cheers!

Now let the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show begin....

DOCTOR DEATH:

This is a no-big-deal poster that is easy to find and not very exciting. Why bother? Believe it or not, even though I have thousands of posters [most of them crap], I don’t think I had this poster yet. I’ve never seen the film and it probably is a turd....but it’s a vintage [70s] horror flick, so you have to give it some points. It was cheap—-and the seller who I bought several other things from was offering it—so why not?

HEAVY METAL:

I remember when this came out—and I did see it back in the day in the theater. I remember that it was being touted as the ultimate cult film based on a [then] popular magazine [Is it still around?] of the same name. It was okay but I think a lot of people were disappointed. All I really remember is that it was an anthology of sorts...but that’s it. Why buy the poster? It was cheap (which is beginning to sound like it should be my middle name... and why not?

HORROR ON SNAPE ISLAND:

I already have one of these. It’s not a great poster [and certainly is NOT a great movie], but it is colorful and has some interesting stuff going on within it. I mean, who doesn't dig a head bouncing down a staircase? Zowie!  I remember when this film was re-released during or just after high school. They were calling it BEYOND THE FOG, trying to cash in on the success of John Carpenter’s THE FOG. It’s a British flick and stars Robin Askwith, the star of those dreadful CONFESSIONS OF... [CONFESSIONS OF A WINDOW CLEANER, for example] sex comedies of the 1970s.

TERROR OF THE TONGS:

I already have one of these and normally would not bother buying another. However, my original copy has some pink crayon [or something] on it that I had not noticed before buying it. Although I know I’ll never bother displaying it, I obviously needed an inexpensive replacement for the soiled first poster.

THE TOUCH OF SATAN:

I already have one of these posters, I think. I bid big and snagged this...relatively cheaply. And then, of course, I noticed the snipe on the ratings box AFTER I bid (it was not in the description. Grrr.) Why did I want this so badly? If I did not have one, I needed one as this may be the movie that got me started on my love of horror films.Originally released in 1972 as A TOUCH OF MELISSA, this 1974 re-release was obviously trying to cash in on the EXORCIST craze. I'd have gone for A TOUCH OF MELISSA one sheet...as, if this is the movie I am thinking about, the MELISSA release would have been the flick I am remembering. No---wait a minute. That CAN'T be right. Whatever the movie was had to have been from 1971 or maybe 1970. I never saw the flick, but I remember distinctly as a kid watching TV and a commercial came on advertising some horror flick. My mom wanted me to close my eyes...but I peeked! I was fascinated by this movie being advertised that looked so scary. I don't remember much---other than it took place in a rural setting. But it would have to have been pre-1972 as we moved just before Christmas 1971. Hmm. Another mystery opens for me. What film was it? What poster do I need now? Ha!

SCUM OF THE EARTH:

I may have this already, but I do not believe I do. For the longest time these were so easily found, too. SCUM OF THE EARTH is a flick by SF Brownrigg (The regional filmmaker responsible for DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT and KEEP MY GRAVE OPEN). Not a horror flick, but it has horror elements. It also feels like a filmed stage play in a lot of ways. It is interesting that the distributors splattered "See the real poor white trash" all over the poster, because it was later bought and re-packaged as "Poor White Trash 2" (a bogus, in-name-only sequel to "Poor White Trash", which was actually a slightly re-edited re-titling of BAYOU). It is more or less what you think it is. It may also be the first-ever movie with a filmed "okie blow" scene.

STEP DOWN TO TERROR:

I have no idea what this flick is---STEP DOWN TO TERROR? Never heard of it!--but I found the artwork wonderful, albeit very old school. It went fairly cheaply, so I couldn't pass it up.

THE BRIDES OF DRACULA [French]:

A few years ago, I scored the poster for the French release of CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF with art by Guy Gerard Noel. Although this is not by Noel, it is similar in style and is by Joseph Koutachy.  I paid too much for it, but whatever.

TAXI DRIVER:

Although I have yet to see the movie [Shocking true confession—I know], I do have the blu-ray and will give it a watch soon. Even though I’ve not seen the film just yet, I have noticed the one sheet selling very well over the years. This one may not be pristine, but its flaws I can live with. I was thrilled to get this, even though I paid more than I wanted to for it. It seemed like a fairly decent bargain. (That is, if it is a legit copy. You never know...)

HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER:

This, to me, is the prize of the batch. Speaking of paying too much, that’s what I did to get this. But it seems to be in great condition. Who hoo! Another 50’s/60’s horror title snagged.

And that is all I have for you to see this time.

Thanks for visiting.

CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show! Yep, be they what they are, here are my 10 newest movie poster purchases (to add to the thousands of other posters I have tucked away and never see...). They may not be much (Are they ever?), but I think you'll find some gems in this batch. Take a gander....if you DARE!

And now...

FIGHTING THE RACKETEERS and CRIMINALS OF THE UNDERWORLD (aka BIG TOWN CZAR and EYES OF THE UNDERWORLD re-release combo):

I have no idea what either of these movies is about or anything about them, but I loved the old double bill poster with old school layout. It was cheap. Why not?

HOW TO BE A LATIN LOVER:

I've not seen this flick, but I wanted to. It looked fun. Aside from that, as far removed from her pinup days as she is, I've been slowly trying to collect Raquel Welch posters over the last decade or so. It's been slow going. I've already got my prize---Fantastic Voyage (as dull of a poster as it is), but I have many more to go-go before I finish my collection.

ALL WOMEN ARE BAD:

I know nothing about this pre-porn "adult" motion picture for the raincoat crowd. I got it because the title, "ALL WOMEN ARE BAD", instantly put the song of the same title by THE CRAMPS in my head. "They got groovy, wiggly tails. They got horns on their head. All women are bad. All women are bad." Any one? Any one? Okay. Never mind...

HELLFEST (advance):

I already have a copy (several, actually) of this poster--and the final release version. Why another one? I thought the movie was good and I think it may catch on with others over time, driving the price up. I got this for $5 or something like that. Too cheap to not get.

CRAWL (advance):

I'm a sucker for JAWS movies and JAWS ripoffs. This looks like a fun (i.e. stupid in a hilarious way) ripoff, about some people trapped in a cellar of a house in Florida during a Category 5 hurricane with a giant alligator(s?) in the basement with them. Merriment and carnage ensue. Why is it called "Crawl" though? Alligators don't "crawl", do they? Hmm.

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D:

I have one already, but I decided to pick up another copy of the NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D poster because you just do NOT see them anywhere really. I know the remake was a limited release. (I got to see it--although it was not that good.) I'm guessing the poster run was limited as well.

EYEBALL:

I already have a copy of this. What I need is a copy of the alternate style of poster for this flick, the one with the grim reaper like guy holding a bikini-clad girl  in one arm and holding out her eyeball in the other. Those always escape my grasp. This one was cheap, so again...why not?

ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES (French small):

I already have the small French PLANET OF THE APES and BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES. Now I have the third title for my collection, ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES. Oo la la! I may stop this collection here though. The French poster for CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is snore-a-rama BORING and the one for the 5th flick, BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES, looks almost like the US one sheet---which I already have a couple of copies of. I'm glad to have this, although it is not the most exciting of posters.

I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF:

Awesomeness! At last, I have one. I have been wanting one of these for ages, especially after I picked up my I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN poster not too long back. I loved this movie as a kid when it would play on TV occasionally on Saturday mornings. It's a good thing Michael Landon got over his hairy affliction so he could star in BONANZA and LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRARIE. I should give this a re-watch as an adult and see if it is still fun.

THE UNDEAD:

Ooooo! This is my prize of the post. Even though I have never seen this movie,  I have wanted one of these for DECADES! I just dig the artwork by Albert Callis. I am beyond thrilled that this is now mine, Mine, MINE!!!!  Whoo hoo! This WILL be framed and hung.

And that's it for now, kiddies. Again, not the most impressive post ever, but I am pleased with it. And now, i must be off. Thank you for visiting and I'll see you next time.

CHEERS!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Hi Monster!

Probably like most teenage guys at the time, I thought Adrienne Barbeau was a gift from God. Her first interview with Johnny Carson: oh that 1973 dress!  Wow!  I've always thought back then, though, she and Gabriel Kaplan may have had the same hair dresser. Anyway, Barbeau at age 74 is still quite lovely. Scream!

"Ripped from the files of Ed Sullivan"?! Who needs diabetes: ax murder your own giant kidney!

Man, Quint's story in Jaws about the sinking of the Indianapolis is the best scene in the movie for me.  That scene has held up well over time, too. When it comes to Latin Lovers, Raquel Welch gets my vote for Quint test of time story! How does she do it, Monster?!

Walking dead, living dead, eyeball, hell fest, undead, apes.  Dang monster, you made me tear up:  I miss Charlie Heston, too!

All women are bad?  Does that GIF girl have a Coppertone tan? I think her drawers are missing? Bad, bad, Monster!

Bridge on the River Kwai, 3:10 to Yuma, 12 Angry Men, 20 Million Miles to Earth, An Affair to Remember, Designing Woman, Desk Set, A Face in the Crowd, Funny Face, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, Invasion of the Saucer Men, Love in the Afternoon,
Old Yeller, Raintree Country, Sayonara, The Three Faces of Eve,
What's Opera, Doc?, Witness for the Prosecution.  Which of these films is "The Most Amazing Picture of Our Time" circa 1957?  Surely one of these movies, right? Wrong!  The title goes to Michael Landon and I Was a Teenage Werewolf!  Thank you drive-in movie gods! Cool poster, Monster!

Okie

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. Here are 10 new (to me) posters for your perusal / approval...just in time for the 4th of July (barely).

But first...

Okie: Zowie! That was one long rambling comment. Ha! You are amazing, working EVERYTHING together. I hope the poster gods smile on you often.

Happy Independence Day!

HOW TO FRAME A FIGG:

Amazingly, this is the only (??) one of Don Knotts' '60s flicks I have not seen yet. But I have several of the posters for the other titles and eventually I'll see this one too. Besides, it also co-stars Yvonne "Batgirl" Craig! Wait...do I already have this poster? Hmm.

ALPHA:

I liked this movie and the poster was inexpensive...$4...so why not?

THE MANIAC:

I paid way, way, WAY too much for this...and I already have one. GRR! It was something I was adding to help pad out the steep $25 shipping fee to go with another poster I intended to win--but did not. OOPS!

PRIMEVAL:

I had never heard of this movie about "the most prolific serial killer in history"...or so I thought. The poster was pretty dang gruesome though. Why not get it? It wasn't that expensive. Imagine my surprise when I goggled it and found out it was about a giant crocodile. Ha! I HAVE seen that movie after all.

JOKER (Advance):

By now you know I am not a big fan of superheroes or super hero movies. UGH! But the previews for this arch villain origin movie make it actually look like it might be good. Hmm. The poster was not that pricey. Why not?

THE NIGHT THE WORLD EXPLODED:

I scored one of these a while back...but it turned out to be on linen. UGH! In fact, that other poster was the one I lost my linen virginity too. I'm NO fan of linen backing, so now I can happily dump that other copy. Hooray! I've never seen this flick. Is it any good?

PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO:

I've never been a fan of Ray Milland. But this is one movie of his I like--despite his having starred in it...and directing it. This is a pretty nifty post-apocalyptic thriller (on the cheap) from the early 1960s. Not realistic, but still a good little thriller.  I may have this poster already, but wasn't sure. This went for far cheaper than i thought it would...like only $20. Zowie!

GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTER (India):

I saw this and did not like it. It was kind of a remake/ripoff of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS and CGI-ed to death. I miss the original Godzilla in the rubber suit, squashing miniatures, etc. I will see the heavily teased upcoming KING KONG VS GODZILLA, but I was not a fan of this flick. Oh well... I DID dig the art on this Indian poster. It is the same art as the bus shelter poster here, but not nearly as expensive. I'm fine with this copy, especially since I was no fan of the flick.

GHOST SHIP:

I know nothing about the 1943 RKO flick...except I've wanted it for quite some time. I'm hoping it's an early spooky flick as the title suggests. I was second place winner (aka LOSER) on one of these on one of HA's major auctions...and have been trying to get one ever since. This one cost me a pretty penny, but I believe it was cheaper when I got it than it would have been in one of the major auctions. Ha! Starring Richard Dix (Who?). (Isn't his name kind of redundant?) Cool artwork, baby!

THE INVISIBLE MAN'S REVENGE (3-sheet):

I don't like 3-sheets and this poster is not that interesting. (Zzzzz) However, it is classic Universal Horror, so I scooped it up (because I have very little of it). Last billed Gale Sondergaard was, as everyone probably knows by now, the first choice to play the Wicked Witch of the West in MGM's "Wizard of Oz" before Victor Fleming came on board and deemed her far too glamorous for the part.

Okay, that is it. Thanks for visiting. I'll see you next time, but for now I need to dash off.

CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. This installment is shaping up to be a real cure for insomnia...so I hope you are reading this at bed time, or at least you have a pillow with you. As I write this, the first 4 posters are in place and even I am falling asleep. Zzzzz. Let's hope the remaining 6 to come will be far more entertaining. (Don't hold your breath...)

Okay, ready or not, let's get this edition going... I'll probably want to run and hide before the criticism of these current offerings gets too out of control and they start air bombing my butt. Yikes! (I don't know what that means either. I'm just trying to tie in the gif below...). Here we go-go...

CONFESSIONS OF A FEMALE MONK and I WAS A MALE CALL GIRL (Canadian one sheet):

I have seen this Canadian combo poster a few times, but have never been able to scoop one up until now. This Canadian double feature seems to feature re-titled movies, but I can't seem to find any information on just what CONFESSIONS OF A FEMALE MONK and/or I WAS A MALE CALL GIRL were originally called. There is certainly nothing on IMDB about them.  Hmm. They are probably lame anyway. Oh well. The poster still has some fun verbiage ("When the girls called...'Big Boy' was available". Ha!) and graphics. Whatever...

SHAZAM:

If you've followed my poster buying habits at all, you would realize that I am NOT a fan of the modern super hero movies. So what is up with this SHAZAM poster? Well, believe it or not. I gave this one a shot...and I actually enjoyed it somewhat. It got a little bogged down and superhero heavy towards the end, but this flick had lots of fun and humor in it. It didn't take itself THAT seriously. And I really liked the idea of some 12/13-year-old kid suddenly finding himself in a musclebound grownup body (and getting to do all of those grownup things kids only dream of doing). Fun.

CONFESSIONS OF A FEMALE MONK and I WAS A MALE CALL GIRL (Canadian one sheet):

I know what you are thinking....that I've accidentally repeated myself. Right? Sort of--but not really. You see, I found another copy of the poster much cheaper than the price I paid for the earlier one. Oops! Sold!

ST. HELENS: KILLER VOLCANO (Australian daybill):

Normally I would not have bothered with an Australian daybill for an American TV movie. However, it's a disaster flick (and one I have NOT seen). I'd have preferred a one sheet. Was this any good? Not the best art work, but I dig my disaster flicks...especially those made before the current glut of direct to video/TV flicks of late that have been CGI-ed to death.

THE DEAD DON'T DIE:

The one sheet is not that interesting and the movie itself is kind of ho-hum. It does have an interesting cast, though.

Okay, it is intermission time. Grab someone to munch on and/or run to the bathroom. The last half is about to begin. (And let's hope it is better than the snore-inducing first half...)

The lights are dimming. Quick, get back to your seat...

DR. CYCLOPS (Military re-release):

Although it's not in the best condition and it is just a military re-release poster, I know I will never be able to afford an original DR. CYCLOPS one sheet. While not the best fantasy flick ever, it is interesting and was the forerunner to such things as "Attack of the Puppet People" and the "Dr. Shrinker" segment of "The Kroft Super Show" from TV back in the 1970s.

THE CATMAN OF PARIS and VALLEY OF THE ZOMBIES (re-release combo):

Speaking of re-releases for film posters I can't afford, here's a cheap-looking double feature re-release combo poster. I've not seen either film, but would like to. I'd also like their original release one sheets---but that's not gonna happen. Still, as cheap-looking as this combo poster is, there is something about its cheesiness and hastily slapped together look that appeals to me. (It may look cheap---but it wasn't that "cheap" to buy. Ha!)

BARRACUDA (French large format):

I love my JAWS ripoffs...for the most part. Although there were some stinkers ("Tentacles", "Tintorera", "Jaws of Death", etc.), there were some cheesy gems as well. "Barracuda" was NOT a winner, by any means. But something about it resonated with me. I have the US one sheet, some Italian posters (different art), ans a British quad combo (paired up with the original, pre-Tarantino and spelled correctly INGLORIOUS BASTARDS). I've known about this French poster for years---just never was able to get one. The artwork is downright awful,,,but still... Gotta have it. And ultimately I DID snag it. Hooray!

THE MOLE PEOPLE:

I have been after a MOLE PEOPLE poster since I came in 2nd place for one on a Heritage Auction a few years back. I vowed to myself that I would break down and buy this one if I didn't win any of the auctions I had bids on is a cluster of big poster auctions I had bids on this past weekend. Yep--I lost every single auction I bid on...and thus this one became mine. Ha! Classic 50's Universal horror--and co-starring Beaver Cleaver's dad and Batman's Alfred the butler. Zowie!

And that's it. Wait a minute, you say. That is only 9...and you usually have 10 posters per post. That is true. However, I have had some health issues of late (Nothing too serious---I HOPE!) and so I have re-evaluated some things and decided to (gasp!) STOP buying movie posters. This resolution may be short-lived. We will see. But as of now, THE MOLE PEOPLE is my last movie poster. (And that is certainly a fab-o-rama poster to sign off on.)

Thank you for visiting the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. Keep an eye out. It may be back (if I don't drop dead first). You never know when I'll unearth some of my older posters (purchased before the internet days) and share them or perhaps post a few things I've decided to send to auction.  I may break down and go on a poster buying binge again. You never know.

Anyway, thank you for visiting. Now, it is time to go. QUICKLY!!!!

CHEERS!!!!

Offline redman

• Collector
hope your health improves and one day you return to buying the odd poster. always liked your use of gifs ;D

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Dang, Monster, I hope you feel better soon!  I'll certainly take a closer look at your recent poster post, though I am mainly sending good mojo your way to better health.  Are the weird things still happening at your house (e.g. weird things on your porch and random fence repairs)?  Should we suspect your neighbors because you are not feeling well?  You're too cool to feel bad!  Do we need to fly to the left coast and kick somebody square in the butt for you?  You are great, Monster!  Feel better! Okie