Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 346031 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

Here's a bonus post:

LOVE IS THE DEVIL:

Like so many other posters for movies I haven't seen, I've not seen this flick either. But current JAMES BOND star Daniel Craig is the lead and I picked this up, rather inexpensively, hoping it could turn a buck down the road.

Heavens to Murgatroyd... Are you really going to let this one go for some coins in your pocket?   ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:40:39 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Uh...yeah, eventually. Why? Is it rare or something? I only got it because of Daniel Craig. Never seen the flick. I think this was pre-Bond. Or maybe you were just pulling my leg because it is so uninspired as a poster? Either way, thanks for stopping by and saying hi,JEFF. I'll post that super expensive framed item when it's ready in a couple of weeks. EEEK! 70% off and it was still that pricy. CRAP! I should have just walked away---but I was already so embarrassed. Oh well.  (I'm at work now or I'd have left you a bonus mini-post as well...)

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Happy April 15th---one of the most hated and dreaded days of the year. Not only are income taxes traditionally due today (UGH!), it's also the day Abraham Lincoln died and the Titanic sank beneath the waves. More recently, it's the anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing. Speaking of gloom and doom and utter tragedy, it's also my birthday. Ho hum. Here's my Happy Birthday To Me party for one (but you are all invited). See what "presents" (i.e. posters) I got for myself this year...

IT (2017 Advance):

Zowie! This is a quick-O last minute addition, just added on between when I posted my "new acquisitions" thread teaser to the actual posting here on this thread! Someone posted this new IT poster the other day. I think it's hot...especially the clown's face obscured by the balloon. I HOPE the movie lives up to its reputation---and the earlier incarnation and book. We'll see...  Glad I was able to add this on so last minute... I got IT. HA!

BLAST-OFF GIRLS:

Zowie, here is a rarity. From the late, great H. G. Lewis, the "godfather of gore" comes this non-horror offering from the way-out 60s, BLAST-OFF GIRLS!! What a thrill to have this. (Now if i could just score a "COLOR ME BLOOD RED" and "WIZARD OF GORE" i'd be set...) I got this from one of Rich's auctions. AWESOME! Thank you, Rich!

PARENTS:

Someone on here got this poster not too long back. It reminded me that I, too, love this poster. The movie is just so-so (I thought). But I love the 50's/Donna Reed-esque perfect parents fixing a perfect dinner in their perfect kitchen. What makes the poster is if you know what dinner is (spoiler alert!). In the movie, their son asks his parents why they always have "leftovers". When they explain that they don't want to waste food, he then asks what was it before it was leftovers?" To which the dad says they were "leftovers to be." But what we later find out is that the parents are cannibals! Ha! The poster is like Norman Rockwell meets Charles Addams.

REPO MAN:

This was a cult hit back in the 80s...but it seems to have been largely forgotten today for some reason. I am thrilled though to finally get the poster. "Let's do some crimes." "Yea, like, let's get sushi and not pay." (I don't know why, but that bit o' dialogue from some minor characters still resonates in my head.) Odd little movie in a wonderful, quirky way...just do not look in the trunk.

DEMENTIA 13 (Australian daybill):

Somewhere I have a one sheet for DEMENTIA 13. But I really wanted this Australian daybill (which is virtually like the one sheet art-wise) simply because it has been re-titled ("The Haunted and the Hunted") and the original title has become a gimmick! It was "filmed entirely in shock-packed DEMENTIA 13". What a load of crap---I love it. And the movie is good too.

FREAKS (2016 re-release Italian 2 fogli):

I love this art, originally used for a Belgian release of the film under a different title. Anything on FREAKS is hard to find. This can't be that rare as it is from 2016. However, there haven't been many on our shores yet, and I consider myself LUCKY to have this.

PROMISES, PROMISES:

YOWZA!  I never thought I'd have one of these. I love me some Jayne Mansfield. My fave is THE WILD, WILD WORLD OF JAYNE MANSFIELD --and I have that one sheet and a few others. This was on my list to get, but I never thought it would be mine. But it IS!  There is another poster for this flick as well---but it is far more elusive...with Jayne laying on a bed nude with a sheet covering her in strategic locations. That can wait for a future birthday. In the mean time I have this beauty. (And, amazingly, this is one of the few Mansfield movies I have NOT seen. Ha!)

DOG EAT DOG (aka WHEN STRANGERS MEET):

Oh my stars! Speaking of Jayne Mansfield, this is my 2nd favorite film of hers (for all of the WRONG reasons, of course). The first 15 minutes or so are a snoozefest, but once they get to the island, Crackers! What a oddly, unintentional avant garde piece of cinema it becomes. I LOVE it. I have been looking for YEARS for a US one sheet and have NEVER seen one...until now (or IS this a US one sheet? It's 27x41...but SEX is spelled wrong at the top and there is no studio info at all). While NOT all that attractive, it is super rare and for an amazingly brilliant (I think) piece of trash. In this movie you get a way-past-her-prime Jayne doing her own thing (she truly seems to be in her own world while chaos reigns around her), an older woman with a few screws loose, a mysterious killer offing everyone one by one, Cameron Mitchell - who never takes the time to wash off the blood and grime that is all over his face, a balding, monocled butler who looks like he's from a 2nd rate (3rd rate?) touring company of "SUNSET BOULEVARD", and did I mention Jayne? See Jayne dance! See Jayne in a cat fight! See Jayne roll around in her undies on a bed full of money! See Jayne in constant heat! See a hefty Jayne run wild on a strange island in nothing but a feather trimmed negligee, a black eye, and extremely bad hair! Just so strange! WOW!  Anyway--I love the film. The poster is lame...but it is the ONLY paper I've ever seen for it.  And now it's mine. Yahoo!

EYES IN THE NIGHT:

I've no idea what this movie is, but apparently it is "startling as a scream"! Yowza! Hopefully it's a horror flick of some kind. I sure dig the vintage graphics---so i went for it. Hooray!

HOUSE OF HORRORS (linen):

Okay so this may not be the sought after Universal horror (DRACULA, FRANKENSTEIN, etc.), this is still Universal Horror to an extent. This is from 1946 and (Grrr...) another poster on linen. I paid way, WAY too much for it (another snipe bid while I was at work), but it's cool and vintage...and 71 years old. (In case you were wondering, YES---that IS older than I am. Thank you very much for asking. Geez... I'm 52 today. Joy...)

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH:

A cool Vincent Price film poster...gotta love it. Another off my VP list...

THE WIZARD OF GORE:

Zowie! This is a late addition to this post (it's been ready for weeks. I'm adding this in early April). Zowie! ANOTHER bucket list poster is MINE! THIS one. I love my HG Lewis, and I have a poster for his BLAST-OFF GIRLS above. I also had  a poster for his THIS STUFF'LL KILL YA in my last (April 3 Anniversary post). But getting this poster is HUGE to me. That means I just have ONE MORE of Lewis' horror posters left to get (COLOR ME BLOOD RED). I am uber thrilled. I just wish his posters were better (and more than the usual black, white and red)---but i'll TAKE it. Whoo hoo! This is an eMovie score. Thanks Bruce!  I am one happy camper!

SPECTRA (prop gun):

O' man... Here is something else I bid on but did NOT need and was hoping like crazy to be outbid on--but wasn't. I bid on this a while back---and forgot about it, until I got a notice saying I'd "won" it. Groan... What am I going to do with a toy rubber gun? I'd rather NOT have spent the money. Yikes!

"This is an HK VP9 9mm pistol Daniel Craig as James Bond takes from another agent in SPECTRE.It is not his usual Walther P99, but he does hold and use this gun on screen.
Rare to find anything Screen Used from any Bond film, let alone a weapon used by Bond himself.

"According to the Internet Movie Firearms Data Base," (It has a serial number apparently) "this was the very first and only screen use of this particular weapon, leaving absolutely no doubt what so ever of its origin and use."

I had never even HEARD of the Internet Movie Firearms Data Base before. Really? Something like that exists? I probably got ripped off...but hopefully it's authentic and was screen and Bond-used.

FRIDAY THE 13TH (British quad):

Yowza!  I am ever so thrilled (and surprised) to have finally scored a British FRIDAY THE 13TH quad. I have been wanting one of these forever. I love the US one sheet--but this one is also beyond cool...and completely different. I scored this a while ago---just kept it under wraps until now. Yahoo, What a great present to myself. Thank you, me! I love it.And it fits PERFECTLY!

That's it. All of the presents, er, uh...posters have been unwrapped. All that is left to do is make a wish and blow out my birthday candles. I hope YOUR next birthday is equally as festive--if not more so. Thanks for stopping by and sharing the day with me.

CHEERS!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:04:53 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters

Great.  And who said I don't like your stuff.  That's 2 in 24 hours.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Shawn, Im loving your Eyes In the Night OS. I dont think it's horror, with Edward Arnold in the cast (who I think was a terrific actor, btw, playing socialites, rich bankers and the like), but it looks to be a thriller or noir type of flicker. Its on my watch list now.

Yet another reason why even vintage posters can draw new viewers in, all these decades later. Exactly what a poster was and is still meant to do.  thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:48:05 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
Happy birthday mate - some great additions there as always - i am excited for IT also - loved the book and even the tv movie that scared me stiff when i was younger, fingers crossed it ends up being great. i will have to grab that poster shortly
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
THIERRY: I am always surprised when there is something on my thread that strikes your fancy. Ha!  Thanks for visiting the thread.

JEFF: I am glad there is also something in the current lot that interests you. I just stumbled upon it and was lucky to get it. Happy accident. But thanks for your kind words about it.

DAMO: Thank you for the birthday wishes. Let's both hope IT is worth our anticipation.

I'd throw a bonus mini-post up but I'm out of town at the moment and need to get a move on. But...tomorrow is another day (hint hint). Maybe you could HOP on over and see if there's anything new then?

Thanks for visiting.

CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Happy Easter!

In addition to finding baskets and bunnies and hunting for Easter eggs, it's also BONUS POST DAY!

Now come sit next to me while we take a look at the posters:

LOLLIPOP PALACE:

I know NOTHING about the movie behind this poster other than it stars John Holmes and someone with the awesome name of BUNNY SAVAGE! I don't know why I bothered to buy this, but... take a lick, er...LOOK anyway. An eBay find (hence the watermark of the seller).

HONEYMOON OF HORROR:

A while back I had gotten a one sheet for something called ORGY OF THE GOLDEN NUDES or something like that. ORGY is a "lost" film, but this one, HONEYMOON OF HORROR, is NOT lost. It IS the edited (and more widely seen) version of ORGY, minus several minutes of nudity, apparently. It's supposed to be god awful regardless. BUT, since I had ORGY, I went ahead and snagged this one as well.

MY AMITYVILLE HORROR:

I have posters for ALL of the AMITYVILLE theatrical releases and all of the direct-to-video releases up through AMITYVILLE DOLLHOUSE. This is a documentary flick about one of the kids who lived through the alleged haunting in the 70s, all grown up with issues of his own today. I've been trying to snag one of these---just as a completist since it came out. Now i have one.

DEATHHEAD VIRGIN:

No idea about this flick...but the poster image was too wild to ignore. SOLD!

CARRY ON SPYING:

Not nearly as nice as John's (Test1) British quads, but as a fan of James Bond flicks, I've been after this poster for a while.

FLASH GORDON (Advance):

Also something I've been wanting to snag for a long while...consider it snagged. Go, Flash! GO!

DANGER: DIABOLIK:

I've heard of this, but have (gasp!) NEVER seen it. Is it James Bond-y? Worth a look? Hmm.

CAT GIRL:

Golly, yet ANOTHER poster for a flick I've never seen. (This could almost be my poster collection for unseen movies post...With the exceptions of MY AMITYVILLE HORROR and FLASH GORDON, i have NOT seen any of these.) I've seen this poster around, and have always coveted it. Sleek, sexy, yet creepy at the same time. How's the movie?

SIROCCO:

Here is a recent "dumb move" buy. This was a complete LAST MINUTE purchase. Again, i know nothing (I hear those audible gasps of shock and disbelief out there...) about this Humphrey Bogart movie. The poster is in bad shape around the edges, but the actual image looks pretty decent. With only minutes to go, i bid, thinking that a poster with Bogart, even in the shape this was in, would go for bigger dollars than i paid for it. It was only after the moment came and went and the poster was mine that i had time to properly research it. OOPS! I could have had a very nice copy in much better shape for only a little more than i paid for this. Oh well. CASABLANCA this ain't, apparently. Ha!

COMEDY OF TERRORS:

What!?! Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone all together on one poster? Zowie! How could i NOT go for this? (Also how could i NOT have seen this before?) AIP horror and humor with classic, yet fading, horror superstars. You gotta love it.

I hope your day is HOPPY! Happy Easter...and thank you for looking!

CHEERS!

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Whoa.  I was afraid to read the posts because I didn't want to scroll down to see another scary gif.    :-\

In any case, congrats on the pickups, and have a hoppy Easter.  thumbsup.gif

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hey Brandon, sorry to scare you with my bunny gifs. Glad you liked some of the post. I hope the Easter Bunny was good to you and left you some fabulous posters in your Easter Basket. Cheers and thanks for visiting.

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
I always loved that DeathHead Virgin poster, the artwork is so striking, good addition to your collection!

I agree that the UK quad for Friday the 13th is pretty awesome, IMHO it's the best poster for this title (it's one of the few examples of 1980s horror I have in my collection). 

Danger: Diabolik is a pretty fun movie (by the great Mario Bava no less!), you should definitely check it out if you can.  Comedy of Terror is mostly memorable for its cool Reynold Brown poster, which is cooler than the movie itself, as is often the case with that great illustrator. 

Happy belated birthday by the way!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
BENJAMIN: Hello. I'm just about to pop in the shower and get ready for work. Thank you for visiting my thread. You have some jaw-droppingly AMAZING stuff...especially for someone who has only been collecting since 2007. WOW!

I am glad there were a few things of interest for you on this page of my thread. The DEATHHEAD VIRGIN poster has long interested me. I've just never seen the movie (yet--as old as I am, I am constantly surprised how many older films I have not seen yet...) Thanks for the info on DANGER: DIABOLIK and (unfortunately, apparently) COMEDY OF TERRORS.

I may very well agree with you on the FRIDAY THE 13TH quad being the best example for the title. I do think the US one sheet (done inside the silhouette of the killer) is brilliant though. It's a shame such an iconic series had such bland posters for Parts 2, 4, 5.

Thank you for the birthday wishes and WELCOME AGAIN to APF. You have made a FANTASTIC addition to the group. Thank you for visiting my page.

CHEERS!

Mini-BONUS Post time! (Only a few items left before my summer sabbatical away from APF...):

A DATE WITH DEATH:

I'm a sucker for a gimmick. PSYCHORAMA was a cool gimmick that used subliminal imagery to create scares, feelings of dread, happiness, etc. (I heard it disappeared because it was banned--fear that using subliminal suggestions like this would lead to making people do things they wouldn't normally do...or maybe it just gave people a headache?) There were TWO movies that used this process; MY WORLD DIES SCREAMING (re-released under the better title with a better poster as TERROR IN THE HAUNTED HOUSE) and this flick, A DATE WITH DEATH. Like a lot of other movies I have posters for, i have NOT seen either flick. I've had chances to, but I am waiting to HOPEFULLY see them in TRUE PSYCHORAMA some day (Rhino released a version with fake psychorama back in the vhs era.Ha!) Anyway, with this poster, i've gotten one sheets for both films (including the HAUNTED HOUSE re-titling). I am more or less done with this poster quest...unless i come across a half sheet or 3 sheet for TERROR IN THE HAUNTED HOUSE. Why? Because the half sheet and three sheet make mention of the PSYCHORAMA gimmick. The one sheet (which i have hanging in my hallway--and LOVE) sadly, does NOT.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector

Love your H.G. Lewis additions, Shawn! I need to get some of those. Do you have a OS for 2,000 Maniacs?

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi Chris! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note. YES, I DO have a TWO THOUSAND MANIACS poster. It's on page 5 of my thread:  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.100.html

Although there are several HG Lewis nudies and exploitation titles yet to get, of his horror oeuvre, I am only missing COLOR ME BLOOD RED. Zowie! Fingers crossed I score one some day.

Here's a BONUS mini-post...just for you:

THE FOG(advance--remake):

Crappy movie. This was a free bonus poster when i bought something else. Whoopie...

CHEERS!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
Hi Chris! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note. YES, I DO have a TWO THOUSAND MANIACS poster. It's on page 5 of my thread:  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.100.html

Just had a look, awesome poster man. If I happen to come across a CMBR I'll give you a shout. I've seen them pop-up on emovie from time to time. Lewis' stuff is definitely some paper I want to get into at some point. That White Slaves of Chinatown is pretty killer as well.

I remember going into my local mom & pop video store in my early teens (mid 90's) and going into the section they had for adults that was too soft for the x-rated section, but to much for gen-pop, and next to all the Playboy and Russ Myere vids were these all these obscure older horror titles by this Lewis guy. The teenage stoner behind the counter could care less about my age since I was there ALL the time, so over a few few weeks I went through almost his whole catalog.

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
,CHRIS: Another visit---thanks for stopping by again.  Your HG Lewis story at the visdeo story is very much like mine. Back in the vhs era (80s/early 90s), I also tracked down as much gonzo Lewis as I could find. I mostly saw his horror titles, but also the odd nudie or exploitation title. Amazingly, i never found any paper on Lewis (that I was able to afford, anyway) all of these years. It was only since getting on APF, i believe, that I FINALLY started to score his posters. Whoo hoo!  There are many Lewis posters out there for his non-horror posters I do not have (and will try to get if I come across them), but it's COLOR ME BLOOD RED that I really NEED. Someday...

Thanks also for mentioning the WHITE SLAVES OF CHINATOWN poster. That's the first of the OLGA films. I have OLGA'S HOUSE OF SHAME, MME OLGA'S MASSAGE PARLOR, and OLGA'S DANCE HALL GIRLS. I just need (some how, some way) to score an OLGA'S GIRLS to complete  THAT series.

Blah! Blah! Blah!  YOU know how the poster hunt goes...

But thank you for sharing your story.  Are you SURE you are not my long lost kid?

Here's another BONUS mini-post (and I am soooo running out of posters to use...):

3D FILM FESTIVAL:

Okay, so this is NOT your typical movie poster... Being the gimmick junkie that I am, I couldn't resist this poster which is advertising many 3D films, several of which I am not familiar with (and need to put on my list of posters to find down the road...). I wish I had been able to go to the festival. Old school 3D was literally in-your-face awesome and fun.  I'm a little worried this might be a fake as, guess who has one for sale on his eBay site (tloce). I did NOT buy this from him. I got it from someone else. But that someone else COULD have gotten his copy from tloce. UGH! OR it may be legit from some festival. I bought this BEFORE I saw tloce had one. Hmm.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector

But thank you for sharing your story.  Are you SURE you are not my long lost kid?

I could be your long lost kid, or maybe we went to different schools together?

Either way, your collection leaves me in awe. I've got to imagine mine would look a lot similar if I'd been collecting as long as you, and perhaps had an occupation that didn't involve me working for a locality government.  ;)

Keep on keeping on, buddy  ;D

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi CHRIS!

Thanks again for the visit. I had to smile with your comment about my collection "leaves you in awe". That's nice to say, but I realize most of my stuff is crap. I have a few nice pieces, but so do you.  I always think of mine as the movie poster equivalent of the Dogs Playing Poker painting on velvet---amusing trash. But thank you, anyway.

Speaking of "amusing trash", here is another mini-bonus posting, possibly/probably my LAST mini-bonus posting for months to come. I have two more full-sized postings coming your way (A bonus posting April 30th and my usual beginning of the month post on May 1st)---and then that will be it at least until the fall...if not longer!  This mini-post is the LAST of my "extra" posters that did not make it in to the final two upcoming posts:

LOST HIGHWAY (British quad):

David Lynch. One of my faves (if not my favorite fave). Interesting yet weird movie.

FORTUNE AND MEN'S EYES:

This may never end up in a post of mine---not even a mini-bonus post. Why? Because I had no idea what i was buying once again. Not long back I bought a poster for some movie starring SAL MINEO ("Who Killed Teddy Bear" or something like that). I'll never be able to afford anything JAMES DEAN...so I figured I'd get a few Sal Mineo items. Except for a Planet of the Apes film, I have NEVER seen Sal Mineo in anything---NOT even (gasp! He MUST be kidding!) REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE (No, i'm NOT kidding--I've never seen it). I looked him up and saw mention of FORTUNE AND MEN'S EYES (that also starred, amazingly, a very young Don Johnson apparently). When i stumbled on this poster, it was cheap and I grabbed it. OOPS! I told you I know nothing of the movie. Apparently Sal Mineo (or Don Johnson) didn't either. They are NOT in it. What they were in was a PLAY version. D'OH!. Apparently this is some gay prison roughie melodrama? No fun there. I'm sure "OZ" it ain't.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (2017 teaser):

I have NO interest in the movie. I did for a moment...and then didn't. But in that moment, i got this teaser. Nice poster---but now i have no interest in the film. Ha!

Okay, that's it for now. Thanks for visiting.

CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Zowie! April is coming to a screeching halt! 2017 is already 1/3 of the way over...and it seems like just yesterday it began! I am doing a BONUS post today (I was planning on waiting until the 30th, but I'm leaving on a road trip tomorrow and won't be back until early May)--which includes the last few items I got in the recent Signature Auction from Heritage. I'll have one  more post while i am gone, May 1st, which will be my LAST poster post for a L-O-N-G while (and I wanted to get these goodies posted...instead of waiting several months down the road when I "come back").

A VERY BRADY SEQUEL:

I suppose I should start off my GIFfy mini-salute to THE BRADY BUNCH with some sort of BRADY poster. I already have posters for both films (the first movie was the better movie actually), but i got this from one of Rich's auctions a while back. It's not the original BRADY BUNCH, but it's still fun.

STRANGE INVADERS:

This film was kind of a cult hit back in the 80s. It is the sequel (of sorts) to another cult hit, STRANGE BEHAVIOR. There was supposed to have been a third film to make up a trilogy of STRANGE films, but INVADERS was a flop and the third film never happened.

TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE (aka BAY OF BLOOD):

Mario Bava's gory horror hit that had kill scenes ripped off in later films such as FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 (spear through the couple on the bed, anyone?). This film was originally released here as CARNAGE---and flopped. The TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE title sold the flick (and the cool--yet cheesy Face-To-Face Warning gimmick) and that (or BAY OF BLOOD) is probably what it is best known as today. It was also later retitled again as LAST HOUSE--PART 2, trying to sell it as a sequel to LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT despite the fact that it actually came out the year BEFORE LHOTL. Ha!

THE TICK:

Okay, so this is NOT a "movie poster". It is an official TV poster though, sent out to promote the (too) short-lived live action THE TICK series (which i thought was brilliant! Ha!). Had to have it.

ANDY WARHOL'S DRACULA:

I already had a copy of this poster...but was hoping for a better one. And I got it! Whoo hoo! This is the best US poster art (in my opinion) for this flick. I like the poster better than the film. But the film has its merits as well. Hopefully I'll get it up on my walls some day.

ANDY WARHOL'S DRACULA:

Oops! Both of these came available right around the same time. This one is clearly not as in good of shape as the previous one. But it was going cheap when I put in a snipe...never dreaming I'd end up with it for so little. This will eventually be resold down the line.

PEEPING TOM (British one sheet):

Here is the third poster I "won" from Heritage's most recent signature auction. (the 1st and 2nd were on posts from April 1st and April 3rd). I need to give this flick another chance. I know it is considered a classic. I saw it once (back in the VHS era) and found it quite dull...and probably watched the thing on fast-forward instead of giving it a proper chance.

GHIDRAH: THE THREE-HEADED MONSTER:

Yet ANOTHER step closer to getting my GODZILLA poster collection (from the original GODZILLA up through GODZILLA 1985--although I do have some of the later GODZIILA's as well.) completed. I still have SEVERAL to go. But filling the hole with the first GHIDRAH (who later spelled his name "Ghidorah"--what's up with that?) was HUGE to me. Hoorah! Give a three-headed fire-breathing ROAR!!!!

BLACK CAESAR:

Ooooo. I LOVE my blaxploitation flick posters. I have the pretty much all of them that i truly wanted to get (Anyone got a BLACKENSTEIN/BLACK FRANKENSTEIN?). This was on a lower tier of things to get...but the price was right and I nabbed it.

DR. SATAN'S SHRIEKS IN THE NIGHT SHOW (Spook Show):

This is the 4th item I won on the most recent Heritage Signature Auction. I am super excited about it, despite the fact it is a 40x60 (my first of that size in all of the 40+ years I've been collecting. Really.) and on linen (blah). Golly, my first spook show poster. How FUN!

TOBOR (Italian 2 foglio):

My last poster for this post is also the 5th and final item I won from Heritage's big auction. I love the art on this Italian release for TOBOR. I'm amazed I got anything TOBOR. Zowie! However, of the 5 posters I scored...I wish I had NOT gotten them and, instead, held out for the two posters I really wanted most of all (THE INVISIBLE MAN 3-sheet re-release and the SON OF FRANKENSTEIN re-release). I was 2nd place bidder on BOTH. Had I gotten them, I wouldn't have gotten the 5 I did end up getting. I like the 5 I got just fine---but they were not GREAT as (in my mind) the other two were. Oh well. All the more reason to take a break and regroup.

And that's it for this post and for April (well, almost!). May 1st is just days away and I'll have my LAST post of new posters for a while...probably until sometime in the fall. (I just hope I remember to get it posted on the 1st. EEK!)

Thanks for visiting. See ya on the 1st!

CHEERS!

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
"Peeping Tom" is a pretty great movie, you definitely should re-visit it if you can.  I understand that it looks fairly tame nowadays, but at the time of release it was an incredibly controversial movie that pretty much derailed the career of its director, the great Michael Powell.  It's especially dark compared to the films he had made until then with his business partner Emeric Pressburger (Black Narcissus, The Red Shoes, Tales of Hoffmann, etc...), which won numerous awards and delighted both audience and critics.   

"Strange Invaders" is such a quirky 1980s retro-sci-fi flick, I have a soft spot for that movie.  The practical effects were really cool in that one.

I've always liked that Italian poster for "Tobor the Great", good purchase!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
BENJAMIN! Welcome back to my thread. I'm glad there was a thing or two...or THREE that interested you.

Yes, I DO want to give "PEEPING TOM" another go eventually. I was in my early 20s when i watched it the first time--not very patient then.

I liked BOTH "STRANGE" flicks ("BEHAVIOR" and "INVADERS"). I wish they had done the third. oh well...

Thanks for the nod to the "TOBOR THE GREAT".  I don't think many people know about it. At least, i don't hear/see many people talking about it. And you certainly never see much paper on it. So i was thrilled to get it. Thank you for noticing and making a return visit.

And now, although I THOUGHT I had posted everything left that did NOT make it into my final post (May 1st), I just discovered this one. I think I forgot about it because the photo was so poor. So... BONUS MINI-POST time:

MOUNTAINTOP MOTEL MASSACRE:

This 80s slasher is so obscure, for the longest time I thought it was a direct-to-video piece o' crap. NOPE. It DID have a theatrical release. I know it is really difficult to make out in this horrid photo, but this IS the theatrical poster. I remember seeing the flick in the video store--but never bothered (thinking, as I said, that it was straight-to-video junk). However, running across this photo made me want to see it. So i found a cheap double-feature DVD on ebay (the other feature is the largely forgotten 80s slasher THE INITIATION. which I do remember playing in the theaters---but never bothered to see either) and ordered it. I'm NOT expecting much, but wouldn't it be wonderful if it turns out to be a wonderful little gem? Hmm.

Okay--now I REALLY am out of posters. Check back May 1st for my last post-a-go-go!  Thanks for the chat.

CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

It's May! Happy (almost) summer! While many will soon be dreaming of hitting the beach and catching a wave...here, in Central California it's work, work, work as usual (Well, I'm in the middle of a little vacation right now....BUT...). In between work days, this summer I want to concentrate on getting my posters cataloged, put away and hung...and send some away to sell, hopefully (and basically STOP shopping/spending. ARGH!). Kowabunga! So, I am taking some time off from my regular posting.  Here's my latest--but also my LAST--- regular post for a while, possibly/probably all summer. I may pop in now and again to share updates on my home poster progress...but I won't be posting poster updates. Whatever. Here's my latest (and, for now, LAST) batch o' posters. You decide if this batch is hanging ten...or a complete wipe out.

Surf's up...and so are the posters! Take a look:

THE MERMAIDS OF TIBURON:

Let's start off this last post with a splash!  It's THE MERMAIDS OF TIBURON. I already have this poster---hopefully this is an upgrade...but also another reason i need to take a BREAK. I keep buying 2nd copies of things. Speaking of 2nd copies...this movie had two incarnations. After the initial release of THE MERMAIDS OF TIBURON, it was re-released as AQUA SEX and had several topless inserts placed into the film. How fishy.

BETTER OFF DEAD:

"Where's my $2?" I may have this already...but up until I got this, I didn't think so (and that's all the more reason to be taking a break from shopping and spend time organizing. Jeepers---what if I already have several of these? UGH!). This is probably my favorite of John Cusack's films. I'll probably never hang this poster, but it's fun to have.

LOCH NESS HORROR:

I already have one of these, but this was a "freebie" with another poster. Love the art---much better than the actual movie.

THE LITTLE CIGARS MOB (aka LITTLE CIGARS):

Zowie---did I score a deal with this. Less than $4? Ha! It's midgetsploitation with this early 70s flick. I couldn't refuse.

MONSTROSITY (aka THE ATOMIC BRAIN):

I don't know what i was thinking buying this. I didn't need it. I do prefer this title over the alternate THE ATOMIC BRAIN (which is how it appears in its Something Weird DVD incarnation, and where I saw it). I don't even really remember it, other than it was BAD and CHEAP...kind of like this poster. Ha!

SLITHIS:

Yet another poster I already have--but still fun. Filmed in the beach town of Venice, California. Audience goers had to have "SLITHIS Survival Kits" to enter the theater...which were basically folded up pieces of paper inviting you to join the SLITHIS Fan Club. Joy...

ROGUE ONE:

A STAR WARS poster gotten fairly inexpensively. Hopefully it will go up in value.

MAN IN THE DARK (3D version):

Yes, i already have other copies of this vintage 3D poster (as well as copies of the 2D version). This is hopefully an upgrade. LOVE my 3D posters...

PRIVATE HOUSE OF THE SS (Italian 2 foglio):

Another upgrade. The others I've gotten from Italy did not fair so well in the mail. This one looks pretty darn nice.

DEMON OF PARADISE:

I picked this up because I love my B-movies and dig this poster. I had no idea this actually had a theatrical release until I saw this poster. CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON monster ripoff in a cheesy movie---but fun poster.

PAJAMA PARTY:

Yikes, yet ANOTHER title I already have...and another upgrade. PAJAMA PARTY was an offshoot of the BEACH PARTY flicks, but with Frankie and Annette playing different parts (while the rest of the BEACH PARTY gang pretty much play their same characters). Frankie only has a cameo (as the leader of the Martians!). Tommy Kirk fills in for the male lead (he's a Martian as well...). With songs, vintage stars well beyond their hey day, and the usual hijinks. Basically it's a BEACH PARTY movie withOUT a beach.

TALES OF TERROR:

Not the best poster on the planet---but it does feature three classic horror stars, Basil Rathbone, Vincent Price and Peter Lorre.

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION:

Yet ANOTHER I already have...but this may be an upgrade? Hmm.

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK:

I already have an EFNY poster, but that was the "studio style". This one is the "NSS style". There was talk that some consider the "studio style" a reprint. So.... I tracked down a NSS style finally. Yahoo. The trouble is, that although it is nice, I think my "studio style" poster is nicer. Hmm. What to do?

THE TOWERING INFERNO (Style B):

I love my 70s disaster flicks. There have not been many shown on my thread, because I have had them all for years already...with the exception of this rare B style for THE TOWERING INFERNO. I could have lived without it---but it became available...and mine. Another search ended.

JAIL BAIT:

Not only does this star a young STEVE REEVES (pre-HERCULES), but...it's one of writer/director ED WOOD JR.'s (lesser known) trash epics! YOWZA!  So it may NOT be PLAN 9 or GLEN OR GLENDA? or BRIDE OF THE MONSTER or even ORGY OF THE DEAD...but it IS Ed Wood and I am beyond thrilled. And it's in FANTASTIC condition.

THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE:

Wow!  Wow!  WOW!!!  Am i ever excited about THIS one. Cheesy, schlocky old school horror. This is such a crappy awesome flick with an equally crappy awesome poster. Both the film and the poster are notoriously cheap/low budget. It somehow makes it all BETTER. Ha! LOVE IT!  WHOO HOO!

BEDLAM:

Finally, here is the poster for the VAL LEWTON produced BORIS KARLOFF shocker from 1946, BEDLAM. While it has some issues (and was listed as VERY GOOD, but I think it should have been GOOD-VERY GOOD), it still has an overall nice presentation. I think it would look great framed and on the wall. I believe this my first piece associated with Val Lewton and it's always groovy scoring a vintage Karloff piece. From one of Bruce's recent auctions--THANK YOU, BRUCE! Cha-cha-cha!

So that's it for the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show for a while. As I said, i'll be around now and again. I'll post updates on my poster room, hanging posters, organizing, etc. Feel free to send me a note if you have questions or just want to say hello.

Have a groovy summer! I'll see you in the fall sometime (hopefully).

CHEERS!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:33:54 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
Congrats on scoring Bedlam (one of my favs, I have it framed on my wall) and Brain That Wouldn't Die (I always loved that Reynold Brown artwork, just wish it was in color)!   

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
I've been wanting to get a nice copy of The Brain That Wouldn't Die for ages now----would love to start a Brain mini-collection (Brain-Eaters, The Brain, etc).  People, in their carelessness, constantly misspell my name Brain (from Brian)---would love to just have a wall of these.

Congrats on the pickup---very nice!
-Brian

Offline Chris9000

• Collector

Hey buddy,

I literally just ordered a Slithis less than twelve hours ago....get outta my brain! That Brain/Die looks to be in killer condition, love the Better Off Dead and House/SS as well.

Congrats!  thumbsup.gif