Author Topic: April 2015  (Read 44001 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: April 2015
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 11:58:13 AM »
mine cost buttons. as thats pretty much all i have to spend. but i wouldnt swap any of mine for yours :D

And that's what it's all about.  We collect what we can afford and what we like.  I like my stuff but I don't expect anyone else to like it.  In fact, the least people like it, the more I can collect, so it actually works in my favor.  I didn't post my new acquisitions for the longest time because I knew most people wouldn't give a rat's ass about it.  And then I realized that in order to know what you like, you need to see what you don't like, so I started posting.

T

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:10:59 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 12:01:39 PM »
Haven't seen this one... do you like the movie or the poster or both?  The only thing I've seen from Costa-Gavras so far is Z and I thought it was amazing.  

I love his movies, but he is extremely political, not for everyone.  L'Aveu is great.  Z is a masterpiece.  Missing (which won the Palme D'Or) is amazing, if only for Lemmon and Spacek.  I love his later movies too, like Betrayed and Music Box.  But like I said, he, along with Yves Montand and wife Simone Signoret, were active members of the French communist party for years and it shows.

T
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:15:20 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 01:54:11 PM »
Cool, I will put it in my queue.  Not surprisingly, the poster has always gotten my attention.  I've been meaning to watch Missing too...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 02:02:34 PM »
Missing is a very simple movie by today's standards, but it has moments of raw intensity so uniquely Costa Gavras.

T
My Personal Collection

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 03:27:05 PM »
I won this in a Dublin auction having lost out on a 12 Angry Men quad. This Psycho quad seems to be known as Style B although that seems to be a misnomer given this was surely the very first poster to be used in the initial teaser campaign in major cities. This is also a first printing as the printer's details - W E Berry of Bradford - are shown. The poster was subsequently reprinted later in the campaign and those examples do not have printer credits.

Mark

Mirosae

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 04:21:19 PM »
Congrats Mark. I've never seen this one before.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 07:08:46 PM »
Very nice looking quad, there, Mark.

A beautiful addition!

Congrats to you on that win!  clap

-Jeff

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 09:50:11 PM »
That Hitch is freaking awesome Mark. I love watching these rarities. Congrats!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 11:41:44 PM »
That Hitch is freaking awesome Mark. I love watching these rarities. Congrats!

+1 jealous...

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 11:49:18 PM »
Well done Mark.

As always.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 11:59:53 PM »
For those of you who like the modern stuff (yes, I know you're out there...)  Just got these 7 Avengers wilding posters.  I don't have time to photograph them right now, so I took this picture close to my house.  I'll photograph them soon.

And no, I am not selling any.  Sorry, but I got 12 messages the last time I posted The Hobbit wildings.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 12:10:29 AM »
Maybe I'll put them up next to my Scarlett statue...  Hahahaha...  Nerds Unite!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 12:43:39 AM »
Great set of wildings.  Seems like it would be a pretty darn rare opportunity to acquire any of those, let alone a set, eh?  Are they about the size of bus shelters? 

The Black Widow statue is rad.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 01:12:13 AM »
Great set of wildings.  Seems like it would be a pretty darn rare opportunity to acquire any of those, let alone a set, eh?  Are they about the size of bus shelters? 

The Black Widow statue is rad.

I like it.  I saw it at a store a few months ago and I had to get it.  Nothing better than a chick with a big gun ;)

And yeah, all bus stop size, but single sided.  You won't see them on Ebay, that's for sure, but the bus stops will be easy to get.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 01:30:59 AM »
I was fortunate to pick up a few B1s at eMovie tonight.  

From Mr. David Fincher's excellent The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  

This one featuring Ms. Astrid Berges-Foley is a really nice mermaid design, IMO.  It shows the softer side of the mermaid, in stark contrast to the weathered sailor, etc.

Lord of War featuring Mr. Nicholas Cage.  It's an interesting movie, and this is a striking image.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:33:40 AM by Neo »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 01:43:46 AM »
So you're the one who stole my mermaid poster!  Jerk!  I'm glad you got it, though...  I realized after the auction that I owned the bus stop of the same design.  I would have loved to own it but it made the pill easier to swallow ;)  The girl is hot, whoever she is.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 02:12:55 AM »
Funny how life goes, as you were the one who outbid...errrr...out-sniped me on that bus shelter a few years ago.  :P  That one, as well as this B1, are the only ones that I've seen.  The Japanese versions for the film aren't even listed on movie poster database or similar sites.

Anyway, thanks, I'm stoked that I won it. 

Ms. Astrid Berges-Foley is one of the best in the biz.  She's excellent in I Origins (2014), etc.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 02:30:04 AM »
I forgot to post this one...

After "Chicks with guns" comes "Chicks with whips."  And not any chick, but Gina Lollobrigida in this 1948 poster for Pagliacci (art by Carlantonio Longi).  Hit it!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:30:32 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2015, 05:25:21 AM »
^ That yellow top is certainly, ahem, mesmerizing

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »
Maybe I'll put them up next to my Scarlett statue...  Hahahaha...  Nerds Unite!!!

T

Man I do appreciate that she is situated right between your wedding photos.  This is a guy who has a handle on his household
Chris

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2015, 02:08:36 PM »
Picked up a Tobacco Road r62 Locandina last night from Emovie last night. Not the best condition but for little money and it'll go well with the Gene Tierney collection.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:11:32 PM by timelessmoviemagic »
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Mirosae

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2015, 02:32:49 PM »
Did you mean to attach a pic?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2015, 02:56:56 PM »
This is a guy who has a handle on his household

That's because she knows where the moola is coming from ;)  Women are so predictable.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2015, 04:35:11 PM »
Did you mean to attach a pic?

Rosa i did yes. Unfortunately I couldn't get the picture here from Emovie. (Help required).
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Mirosae

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »
Rosa i did yes. Unfortunately I couldn't get the picture here from Emovie. (Help required).

I asked for help too a while ago :) . Here is the link with all the info you need.
http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,5498.msg102661.html#msg102661