Author Topic: Effing Ebay dimwitted customers.  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
Effing Ebay dimwitted customers.
« on: March 29, 2015, 06:37:08 PM »
Hello,

Long time no see/hear.

Been busy with life and stuff. Hope you all are well.

Came in tonight to find that some German guy has left me negative feedback which destroys my perfect record of nearly 2000 sales without a hitch.
No word from the guy that he was unhappy. His parcel did get held up at a sorting office in Germany after a missed delivery, so i called Germany and found out where it was and all he had to do was go and collect it. This was two weeks ago so i thought he was another happy customer.
Apparently not. So now I'm down to 99.3 positive because this retard can't type a fucking message. He complained when he missed the delivery so why not complain again so i can correct whatever major disaster has befallen him.
I kept my positive feedback all this time because i deal with any and all problems, including this taints but that wasn't good enough for him.
So now i have to phone ebay tomorrow and see if they can remove the big red negative symbol on my otherwise all green account.

Secondly. Some dick down in London bought a GoPro from me. The latest 4K model. Top of the line for £75 cheaper than you can get it anywhere else.
Now this cock-end is complaining that it doesn't have a touch screen LCD screen on the back. I tell him that the Black deluxe edition doesn't come with that and that he could see that in the photos on the listing but no, he wants me to refund him £80 so he can buy the optional extra screen to fix onto the back.
I tell him to return the camera for refund. He says no. I say fine, keep it. He opens a case on ebay saying that i overcharged him! HE GOT IT FOR UNDER £300!!
So in the case i tell him to Fuck Right Off and his chance to return the camera has passed as it's not my fault he's a dumb prick.
Ebay say i have to accept the return even saying that they know I'm in the right??

I'm about done with ebay. If they don't remove the negative feedback and tell this cock-knocker he knew what he was buying and at a great price, I'm gonna phone up and go mental.

Funny thing. Ebay sent me a thank you email today as I've sold £30,000 worth of stuff in the last three years.
You would think that that would count for something when dumb fucks enter my ebay.

Pissed off.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: Effing Ebay dimwitted customers.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:06:14 PM »
Hello,

Long time no see/hear.

Been busy with life and stuff. Hope you all are well.

Came in tonight to find that some German guy has left me negative feedback which destroys my perfect record of nearly 2000 sales without a hitch.
No word from the guy that he was unhappy. His parcel did get held up at a sorting office in Germany after a missed delivery, so i called Germany and found out where it was and all he had to do was go and collect it. This was two weeks ago so i thought he was another happy customer.
Apparently not. So now I'm down to 99.3 positive because this retard can't type a fucking message. He complained when he missed the delivery so why not complain again so i can correct whatever major disaster has befallen him.
I kept my positive feedback all this time because i deal with any and all problems, including this taints but that wasn't good enough for him.
So now i have to phone ebay tomorrow and see if they can remove the big red negative symbol on my otherwise all green account.

Secondly. Some dick down in London bought a GoPro from me. The latest 4K model. Top of the line for £75 cheaper than you can get it anywhere else.
Now this cock-end is complaining that it doesn't have a touch screen LCD screen on the back. I tell him that the Black deluxe edition doesn't come with that and that he could see that in the photos on the listing but no, he wants me to refund him £80 so he can buy the optional extra screen to fix onto the back.
I tell him to return the camera for refund. He says no. I say fine, keep it. He opens a case on ebay saying that i overcharged him! HE GOT IT FOR UNDER £300!!
So in the case i tell him to Fuck Right Off and his chance to return the camera has passed as it's not my fault he's a dumb prick.
Ebay say i have to accept the return even saying that they know I'm in the right??

I'm about done with ebay. If they don't remove the negative feedback and tell this cock-knocker he knew what he was buying and at a great price, I'm gonna phone up and go mental.

Funny thing. Ebay sent me a thank you email today as I've sold £30,000 worth of stuff in the last three years.
You would think that that would count for something when dumb fucks enter my ebay.

Pissed off.

Yes, yes.  I think it's safe to say that everyone has dearly missed these eloquent, and sophisticated, HG rants™.

cheers

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:53:10 AM by Neo »

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:24:08 PM »
Fucking ebay assholes.

This german guy with 83 feedback on his account is allowed to leave negative feedback on my account without any kind of explanation.
Ebay says that they can see I have a great record regarding customer satisfaction but they cannot change feedback even when i had no idea that the buyer was unhappy.

It's fucking utter shite. Ebay lets any halfwit buyer ruin a good sellers reputation, but won't let the seller do the same.
It's completely biased to the buyer which isn't right.

Seven years I've been on ebay and this is the first time i have been given negative comments.
But that counts for shit.

I'll be calling again tomorrow.

'Rant' over.....

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 08:32:17 PM »
You can ask the buyer directly to change the feedback too if you think he might be so kind to do so.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:03:22 AM »
You might ask Tom Loce how he manages to get all those negatives removed.  I know Mel refused to remove one, and ebay went and removed it without his permission.
-Jay-

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 04:16:07 PM »
So ebay are doing nothing. They say they don't remove feedback which is rubbish because they removed the feedback i left a US poster seller and a guy who sold me pirated Apple software.

I've sent a request to the buyer but he left a negative feedback on my account without even trying to fix whatever problem he had, so i doubt he will change it now.

He's obviously a halfwit because the item he bought was a phone and it cost him £105. In his feedback he says it's not original (It 100% is) and not to trust me. So rather than talk to me and get his money back by returning the phone he decided to just ruin my feedback score.

I would have taken it back and refunded him no problem but he keeps the phone and leaves neg feedback. It makes no sense.

I have his email address so i will just send him an email bomb if he ignores my request. Childish yes but this is ebay politics.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 06:00:50 PM »
You've sold "£30,000 worth of stuff in the last three years," and you get one negative feedback.

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 12:23:25 PM »
Yes.

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not.

That's why this is such a big deal for me anyway.
I always make sure my buyers are happy and then this asswipe fucks it all up without giving me a chance to correct it like i always do.

I'm on the phone right now waiting on a supervisor......

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 06:46:28 PM »
You've sold "£30,000 worth of stuff in the last three years," and you get one negative feedback.

Yup. I'm that good.  ;D

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 08:50:32 PM »
I would be pissed as well even if I had sold a million. regardless of whether there is basis for the negative feedback or not, if he doesn't respond to yours and ebays queries, it should be pulled.  Whats the point if a seller of 30,000 pounds and 100% feedback can't get the system on his side?  You're not asking for a refund, etc, you're just asking to void the feedback. Doesnt have to be complicated, ebay makes it complicated.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 10:44:19 PM »
Life is so cruel, so unjust, how can we be expected to carry on

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 12:32:33 PM »
Life is so cruel, so unjust, how can we be expected to carry on

;D

It's tough out there, Steve, it's tough.

-Jeff

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 12:57:17 AM »
And....... the suspense is killing me! Hope it turned in your favor HG.
Witty signature goes here.

• Collector
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 06:05:03 PM »
And....... the suspense is killing me! Hope it turned in your favor HG.

It didn't.  >:(

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 09:08:52 PM »
some ebay asscock who i sold a poster to (I knew it would go bad) now wants a partial refund because of minor pinholes on an old 1940s war poster I had clear pictures of as well as description.  He wasn't happy with the price he paid in the first place (then why buy it shithead?) after haggling me for days.  Now he is just trying to get some money back.  I suspected he would be trouble but alas.

I said if he wasn't happy, just send it back and I'll refund.  The scammer is still trying to get the partial refund but said if I want the poster back i need to send a shipping label.  My question: whats ebay's policy on refunds?  Am I also on the hook for the return cost ?

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 10:31:19 PM »
some ebay asscock who i sold a poster to (I knew it would go bad) now wants a partial refund because of minor pinholes on an old 1940s war poster I had clear pictures of as well as description.  He wasn't happy with the price he paid in the first place (then why buy it shithead?) after haggling me for days.  Now he is just trying to get some money back.  I suspected he would be trouble but alas.

I said if he wasn't happy, just send it back and I'll refund.  The scammer is still trying to get the partial refund but said if I want the poster back i need to send a shipping label.  My question: whats ebay's policy on refunds?  Am I also on the hook for the return cost ?

Sorry to hear that. There is a "buyer pays return shipping"
On the ebay app:
Found it by revising my item. It is found in Preferences/returns

There you can see if yours is "returns are to be paid by the buyer or seller."

On the computer:

It is found when editing or creating your listing under
"Add other Details" section towards the bottom and click "Change Your Return Policy"

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:38:46 PM by jedgerley »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 08:53:28 AM »

Depends on the reason for the return. Per ebay (and their Buyer Protection program), if the item is not as described, ther seller is responsible for the return shipping cost:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:32:24 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 09:24:42 AM »
There I go again answering the wrong question. Jeff is on the right answer since they are saying item is not as described.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:06 AM »
Thanks both.  Gonna do a small partial refund.  Selling on ebay is a pain in the ass.  I don't have time for this.  Yep, 1st world problems etc.

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 07:33:56 PM »
If I remember correctly doing a small partial refund will remove certain options for the buyer to return the item, I could be wrong.

If eBay agree a return of the item the seller will bear the cost of the return irrespective of the listing saying no returns etc. eBay is a buyers platform not a sellers, they won't argue a buyer return nor allow sellers to leave negative feedback, charge fees on the cost of shipping and limit certain categories, the list goes on. Used to sell a lot on eBay now don't bother as much.