Author Topic: March 2015  (Read 35331 times)

Offline lynaron

• Collector
Re: March 2015
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
And now we return you to the regularly scheduled posts.  Got this last month but just now finished up adding the autographs. Pic is a tad blue but that is due to the north light spectrum.

I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2015, 02:40:11 PM »
Nice, lynn!

is that a WC? has the top been trimmed off? I can't tell.

Looks awesome...  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »
It is a window card and the top isn't trimmed.  I matted the signatures over the blank top portion.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2015, 03:19:27 PM »
Fantastic as always Lyn!
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2015, 03:57:41 PM »
I'm a big Coppola fan but I've never seen this movie.  Is it worth checking out?  

I love this movie.  I saw it when it came out in Paris and loved it.  I love Tom Waits and the music is awesome.  But I am clearly a minority.  Coppola spend all of his 70s money on it and yanked it out of the theaters when the reviews were less than appreciative.  He lost his independence and was forced to make studio movies like like The Outsiders, Rumble Fish, The Cotton Club and Peggy Sue Got Married.  Regardless, I though it was a very poetic movie.  Not for everyone, to be sure, but it touched me.  And Nastassja Kinski is in it, so there is that.

T
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:59:56 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2015, 08:11:30 PM »
I'm actually just glad there are other poster freaks...er, enthusiasts out there!

Freaks.....you had it right the first time.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2015, 01:06:13 AM »
T...  I am sorry if I did something wrong. I didn't mean to "out" your avatar. It's a visual stunning movie. I can't blame you a bit for wanting to use a bit of it as your representation on here.

Steve--
Now you've let the cat out of the bag!
I didn't let anything out of any bag. I read it on the super secret (for everyone on here but you) "Let's gossip about Steve and his Justin Bieber poster collection" thread on here. Duh!

Lynaron--OMG!  That is beautiful!  Incredible! And with autographs? AMAZING!  And, with that as an example, I think you can see where my intimidation factor would come from.  All I can do is stare and drool. It's just gorgeous!  Zowie!

Kovacs01....Speak for yourself (and ME!).  :-)   

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2015, 06:07:33 AM »
NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!!

here is without a doubt my best acquisition of the year.. and it's only an 8x10 still..

what's so great about it? It shows they probably did create at least some post paper for Murder My Sweet with the original title of the book.
I have stills with Farewell My Lovely and we know the film was previewed as Farewell My Lovely and when audience were flummoxed because they expected a singing Dick Powell, the title was changed so audiences would know they were seeing a mystery.

I'd pay a King's ransom for some original paper with the original title. I'd also like to see the UK screened print as it also had the original title.
No question, this still is going to be proudly displayed in my book

oh.. also note that this 24 sheet has different art from the 24 sheet produced

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:12:53 AM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2015, 06:28:45 AM »
Super cool, Rich!! 

• Post-aholic
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2015, 06:31:45 AM »
thanks Lynn.. I can't wait until Heritage unexpectedly finds a trove with a one sheet titled Farewell My Lovely and a lobby set with all different images...
I'll be in tall cotton when that happens

I need to find any other stills showing poster art..

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2015, 08:42:05 AM »
I never thought about the Farewell My Lovely as a musical connection, that's hilarious as it does sound like something that would have Judy Garland (and Dick Powell) in it.  I imagine after the previews there was a real "D'oh!" moment from the studio.

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2015, 12:32:16 PM »
It is a window card and the top isn't trimmed.  I matted the signatures over the blank top portion.

clap clap clap

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2015, 01:48:22 PM »
T...  I am sorry if I did something wrong. I didn't mean to "out" your avatar. It's a visual stunning movie. I can't blame you a bit for wanting to use a bit of it as your representation on here.

You didn't do anything wrong.  I'm just surprised someone knows of this movie.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2015, 03:33:12 PM »
I never thought about the Farewell My Lovely as a musical connection, that's hilarious as it does sound like something that would have Judy Garland (and Dick Powell) in it.  I imagine after the previews there was a real "D'oh!" moment from the studio.

--Peter

there was

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2015, 08:58:47 PM »

Jeff,people can be kicked outta here? Golly, I had no idea. Not that I'm ever the type to cause a fuss.

Anyway--thank you all for making me feel better about posting my crap...er, the stuff that I dig!

CHEERS!

No..people come and go... and leave of their own accord. It's entirely up to them; no one is booted for disliking or critiquing other people's posters.

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2015, 11:14:35 PM »
Rich are you confident that image is not just concept art but actually represents a poster that was produced?
Chris

• Post-aholic
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2015, 12:08:10 AM »
the photo is not concept art, but finished art. whether it got printed I can't be sure.
I do believe they did print some paper however as the film was previewed in 3 cities, including I think Milwaukee and I do have stills with a Farewell My Lovely titling

-------

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2015, 01:37:30 PM »
Jollyfine pick-up Rich, I do have some of those myself, but it's so much better to get a title that you really want. thumbup
It's more than a Hobby...

• Post-aholic
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2015, 03:58:39 PM »
Jollyfine pick-up Rich, I do have some of those myself, but it's so much better to get a title that you really want. thumbup

thanks Paul.
I've been looking for paper etc with this title for decades.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:58:57 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

gargoyle67

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2015, 07:02:21 PM »
Some new bits through this week>

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2015, 07:50:07 PM »
Three 80s classics.  Can't go wrong with any of them.

T
My Personal Collection

gargoyle67

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2015, 05:48:16 AM »
True dat, Another one dropped through the door today  ;D

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2015, 11:50:44 PM »
I think you all know how much I love Thai posters and here's another example why.  I don't know what this movie's title is or what it's about but it's so cool so I bought it.  Tongdee is one of my favorite artists.  His work is very colorful and has so much going on in it.

UNKNOWN Thai Movie Poster

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2015, 04:34:13 PM »
Looks like March has been a good month for all.   Egypt