Author Topic: Stolen Posters  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Movie Poster Exchange

• Hobbyist
Stolen Posters
« on: February 25, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »
Hi All,

Gary Tulk, a collector in Canada recently had a tube of posters stolen in transit via USPS. Nothing exotic, but it includes the following:

“Some of the posters are, Safe At Home 1sh linenbacked, Emperor's Candlesticks 1sh linenbacked, Superman photobusta set, Once Upon A Time In The West folded 1/2sh with snipe on front, The Sting 1sh trifolded with stamp on back that slightly bleeds through, Pirates Of The Caribbean 1sh, Silence Of The Lambs 1sh, 7 Men From Now rolled 1/2sh, Raintree County insert , Roger Moore Bond rolled 1sh, plus other assorted rolled 1 sheets. “

I told him I would post this as he is not a member. On the unlikely chance anyone should come across any info that might be of help please post.

Thanks,

-peter
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:58:58 PM by erik1925 »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Stolen Posters
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 02:46:47 PM »
Reading stuff like this is really  moron1

Thievery at its finest, from a carrier we hope to trust.

Thanks for posting this, Peter. Maybe something will turn up, possibly.

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:49:39 AM »
Has he given enough time maybe it was sent to a wrong address.  And does he know it was stolen for sure?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:04:50 PM »
Hi All,

Gary Tulk, a collector in Canada recently had a tube of posters stolen in transit via USPS. Nothing exotic, but it includes the following:

“Some of the posters are, Safe At Home 1sh linenbacked, Emperor's Candlesticks 1sh linenbacked, Superman photobusta set, Once Upon A Time In The West folded 1/2sh with snipe on front, The Sting 1sh trifolded with stamp on back that slightly bleeds through, Pirates Of The Caribbean 1sh, Silence Of The Lambs 1sh, 7 Men From Now rolled 1/2sh, Raintree County insert , Roger Moore Bond rolled 1sh, plus other assorted rolled 1 sheets. “

I told him I would post this as he is not a member. On the unlikely chance anyone should come across any info that might be of help please post.

Thanks,

-peter

Peter, was there ever any resolve to this poster shipment?

Or are they still MIA?

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:06 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks,

-peter

This thread is worth a  bump.gif, in case anyone ever heard anything or came across any of these posters in any way, shape or form.

This sounds very similar to Chris' (CSM's) ordeal.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:42:42 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 11:16:48 PM »
I wonder if a high declared value was on it, as I guess that might tempted someone to open it.

A postal worker could easier be identified if he steals the tube as tracking would stop there but emptying the tube and letting it carry on its way would help cover his tracks

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 12:03:10 AM »
I bet many ploys have been used, attempted or tried, unfortunately.  moron1

-Jeff

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 05:20:42 AM »
I wonder if a high declared value was on it, as I guess that might tempt someone to open it.

That is the number one reason for postal theft.

Mark

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 12:06:20 AM »
A postal worker could easier be identified if he steals the tube as tracking would stop there but emptying the tube and letting it carry on its way would help cover his tracks

Bastards  crying
Chris