Author Topic: January 2015  (Read 41344 times)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
January 2015
« on: January 03, 2015, 02:56:27 PM »
I wasn't supposed to get this till early April cough cough but here it is:  eyeroll

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:13:23 PM by jedgerley »

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: January 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 03:06:24 PM »
A modern classic (w/cropped art), congrats!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:15:08 PM by Harry Caul »

Mirosae

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 03:17:04 PM »
I love this poster and the film. Still crazy after all these years... girly.gif Congrats

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 03:28:41 PM »
Thanks I love the film too....but I better come clean before anyone posts lol...I had to let Mr Harry (dammit I forgot your name, hit my head harder than i thought lol) know so he could edit his post

I wasn't supposed to get this till early April cough cough but here it is:  eyeroll
Tried to reference April Fools Day

Its the fake one....  eyeroll

heres a pic of the back

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:29:59 PM by jedgerley »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »
hmm something to do is to track down Ruth Hayler: It would be crazy if she said that is her handwriting!!  Anyone gone down this road of actually reaching out to Ruth Hayler?

Landmark Theaters:
   In 1974 a young Ruth Hayler decided to get a job at The Grand Illusion cinema, to not only make money but to satisfy her love of film. She started as a ticket taker but eventually worked her    
   way up to manager. In 1976 she transferred over to The Seven Gables Theater where she continued her work as manager. When the Landmark Corporation took over they made her the  
   program director of all the Landmark Cinema theaters in Seattle. There are seven total Landmark Theaters in Seattle, The Seven Gables Theater acts as the corporate office to the other six  
   Landmark Theaters, it specializes in independent and foreign language films.You can find The Seven Gables in the University District on the corner of 50th and Roosevelt

She did run an annual poster sale:

Around town Seven Gables/Landmark Theatres' annual Poster Sale will be held from ... Ruth Hayler, a Seattle film buyer for the Landmark Theatres chain (which ...
--------
   Regular features such as the closing-weekend poster auction, the midnight series and the "secret festival" will be repeated. Macdonald is promising "a mind-blowing secret festival," with an      
   emphasis on new films being screened for an audience for the first time. At press time, the subjects of the festival's annual seminars and career tributes had not been confirmed, nor had a
   number of film titles.

Macdonald began the festival with his partner, Dan Ireland, 15 years ago at the Moore Theater. Ireland, now a film producer who lives in Los Angeles, will again have a hand in the bookings,  
   along with such veterans as Jon Pray, Nick Vroman, Ruth Hayler, John Teegarden.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:45:21 PM by jedgerley »

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 09:49:22 PM »
tl;dr

IT'S A FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

;)
Witty signature goes here.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 10:12:16 PM »
tl;dr

IT'S A FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

;)

Lol Mike i made the blue parts just for you. You dont have to read anything else.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 10:45:52 PM »
hah thanks  thumbsup.gif
I actually did read it, was just trying to be funny.
So did you know it was the repro prior to receiving it?
Witty signature goes here.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 04:40:33 AM »

She did run an annual poster sale:

Around town Seven Gables/Landmark Theatres' annual Poster Sale will be held from ... Ruth Hayler, a Seattle film buyer for the Landmark Theatres chain (which ...
--------

FYI, The annual Seven Gables/Landmark Theatres' poster sale is completely different than the SIFF poster sale, which is what is described below.  At different points, different theaters in the chain were revival houses or repertory cinemas or ran midnight movies, so I can see this working its way into their stock later on down the line.  (I used to live two blocks away from that address).

Either that or someone is trying really hard to fake it.  I thought that theaters were charged either 10 or 15 dollars per unreturned copy.

I bought a number of posters from their sales - none were ever stamped or written on.  I have a vague recollection of seeing other versions of Pulp Fiction for sale, but certainly not a Lucky Strike - that I would have noted because I was on the hunt at that time for one.

A longtime Landmark manager used to post on NSFGE and MPF (I think) under the name Hot Dog or Hot Doggie or some such.  I'm sure that he knew Ruth very well.

At the time of the Pulp Fiction recall, I was told by two sources that the local Landmark theaters actual did send the bulk of their posters back, desperately not wanting to be charged for them.

This is all about the Seattle International Film Festival...
  Regular features such as the closing-weekend poster auction, the midnight series and the "secret festival" will be repeated. Macdonald is promising "a mind-blowing secret festival," with an      
   emphasis on new films being screened for an audience for the first time. At press time, the subjects of the festival's annual seminars and career tributes had not been confirmed, nor had a
   number of film titles.

Macdonald began the festival with his partner, Dan Ireland, 15 years ago at the Moore Theater. Ireland, now a film producer who lives in Los Angeles, will again have a hand in the bookings,  
   along with such veterans as Jon Pray, Nick Vroman, Ruth Hayler, John Teegarden.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 04:42:01 AM by archie leach »

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 08:28:45 AM »
kind of cheating a bit i guess?
as some of these are left overs from my back log.
but what ever.... hope y'all had a festive season :)

I ABSOLUTELY <3 this. i just picked it up initally to help spread postage. but its GREAT!! :D

and these were th eother hammers i picked up. i know franky is trimmed but will still look great framed!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:30:43 AM by teamweapon »
I don't know much, but i do know what my eyes are telling me!
Sean

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 08:35:28 AM »
Creature with the Blue Hand is a BEAUTY, you have good taste
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 09:18:13 AM »
Creature with the Blue Hand is a BEAUTY, you have good taste
some of the stuff i got off that girl, the posters look like new! not even folded in the middle!
Sean

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 10:08:14 AM »
i feel i need to rewatch this movie?
but i mean REALLY rewatch it.
as people always tell me how great it is, and i just never saw that?
beaut of a poster though.
Sean

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »
FYI, The annual Seven Gables/Landmark Theatres' poster sale is completely different than the SIFF poster sale, which is what is described below.  At different points, different theaters in the chain were revival houses or repertory cinemas or ran midnight movies, so I can see this working its way into their stock later on down the line.

Thanks a bunch for the info. I had zero hopes about it being genuine. They tried hard to fake it thats for sure. The handwriting to me even appears to be feminine.

hah thanks  thumbsup.gif
I actually did read it, was just trying to be funny.
So did you know it was the repro prior to receiving it?

I was trying to be funny as well. Ya i knew it was a repro. That woulda been an expensive mistake.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 12:57:16 PM »
Aren't "genuine" repros worth something too nowadays?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 02:29:26 PM »
Aren't "genuine" repros worth something too nowadays?

According to Cinemasterprofits...especially if they have a good back story
Chris

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 02:40:26 PM »
According to Cinemasterprofits...especially if they have a good back story

Lol maybe I should track down Ruth Hayler and see if thats her handwriting.

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 08:23:16 PM »
FYI, The annual Seven Gables/Landmark Theatres' poster sale is completely different than the SIFF poster sale, which is what is described below.  At different points, different theaters in the chain were revival houses or repertory cinemas or ran midnight movies, so I can see this working its way into their stock later on down the line.  (I used to live two blocks away from that address).

Either that or someone is trying really hard to fake it.  I thought that theaters were charged either 10 or 15 dollars per unreturned copy.

I bought a number of posters from their sales - none were ever stamped or written on.  I have a vague recollection of seeing other versions of Pulp Fiction for sale, but certainly not a Lucky Strike - that I would have noted because I was on the hunt at that time for one.

A longtime Landmark manager used to post on NSFGE and MPF (I think) under the name Hot Dog or Hot Doggie or some such.  I'm sure that he knew Ruth very well.

At the time of the Pulp Fiction recall, I was told by two sources that the local Landmark theaters actual did send the bulk of their posters back, desperately not wanting to be charged for them.

This is all about the Seattle International Film Festival...

I just went to this year's Landmark poster sale at the Seven Gables about three weeks ago, so it's funny I should see it mentioned here.  This year, there seemed to be far fewer titles available than in years past.  Many of the Landmark locations in Seattle have been sold to other operators over the past couple of years, so I assume they are not getting as many posters due to having fewer total screens to show films.

I first went to the annual sale in 2007, I think.  Probably the oldest posters I have bought there were from 2000 or so.  None of the posters I purchased have ever been stamped or marked, but it's possible they did that in the '90s.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 08:33:22 PM »
I have not been in years, although it was always a fun mad scramble to find what you were looking for.  I went several times throughout the 90's, including '94 and '95 when the non-lucky Pulp Fictions were originally for sale.  Whatever doesn't sell gets held over for the sale the next year, so they usually have a 2 year window of titles, except for the big sellers.

Online ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 10:33:18 PM »
i feel i need to rewatch this movie?
but i mean REALLY rewatch it.
as people always tell me how great it is, and i just never saw that?
beaut of a poster though.

This is such a great poster, always loved the image and I know zero about the film to be quite honest.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »
Some new/recent stuff...

I won't bother posting the Interview ones.

And I was given a Key.....not sure what it opens... ;)

It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 09:33:45 AM »
And I was given a Key.....not sure what it opens... ;)
Perhaps it opens the door to Hobbit Part IV - Jackson Squeezes Even More Out of Tolkien

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 12:48:25 PM »
Cool key.

Part one was painful but I lost any and all remaining respect for the so called attempt to maintain the integrity of the hobbit after part two which should have been renamed "The Desolation of the Hobbit".
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
I like the Monster Squad Locandina Teamweapon. Cool piece that you do not see very often.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 05:59:32 PM »

My favorite of the bunch.
Reminds me of that schmuck who was scheduled to be "Eaten Alive" on the Discovery Channel.
I was rooting for the snake and the snake won.

Discovery used to be a cool channel.
Now, its like watching episodes of Jersey Shore.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:00:15 PM by brude »