Author Topic: German posters  (Read 37817 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: German posters
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2019, 12:16:51 AM »
Hey, that was me over a year ago, Jeff!  I've moved on to organ meats now.

Okie

They are high in protein. thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:25:56 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2020, 09:34:18 PM »
My current avatar is the original German Rasputin 1932 movie poster starring the great Conrad Veidt. On IMDB, today is the listed release date in Germany of February 19, 1932 (87 years ago).  According to IMDB, this date was based on the delivery of the German censorship certificate.  Interestingly, I took the below picture of the Weimar stamp on the poster and the date is February 11, 1932.  I'm hoping our great German poster expert, Peckinpah, will please provide some insight perhaps on the difference in the two dates.  Is the poster stamp approving only the poster image for release?  Should the poster stamp be the same as the date on the censorship certificate?  Thanks for any help with these questions!  Or, am I not asking the right question? Okie

Happy 88th birthday today to Conrad Veidt's  German Rasputin!   Okie

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »
Does anyone collect German video posters or can confirm the size of the posters?

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2020, 02:20:52 PM »
The German video posters I have are generally A1 in size.

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2020, 03:08:41 PM »
And the ones I got were a smaller size? When I get them back out, I need to re measure.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2021, 12:17:11 AM »
89th Anniversary today (US Central Time) for my avatar : Rasputin German original release.  Okie

My current avatar is the original German Rasputin 1932 movie poster starring the great Conrad Veidt. On IMDB, today is the listed release date in Germany of February 19, 1932 (87 years ago).  According to IMDB, this date was based on the delivery of the German censorship certificate.  Interestingly, I took the below picture of the Weimar stamp on the poster and the date is February 11, 1932.  I'm hoping our great German poster expert, Peckinpah, will please provide some insight perhaps on the difference in the two dates.  Is the poster stamp approving only the poster image for release?  Should the poster stamp be the same as the date on the censorship certificate?  Thanks for any help with these questions!  Or, am I not asking the right question? Okie