Author Topic: Ebay seller films4life...  (Read 3353 times)

Mrea2

Ebay seller films4life...
« on: December 17, 2014, 05:19:33 PM »
Avoid!
I ordered one of the new Mad Max Fury Road teasers and he sent me the wrong poster and the packing was poor. Sent an email and no response yet. The last thing I eant to do this time of year is waste time going to the post office.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Ebay seller films4life...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:26:53 PM »
uh.. isn't that John the Jerk?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 01:22:14 PM »
MAD MAX...

Mrea2

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 10:59:53 PM »
I dont know who John the Jerk is but I guess I do now. He did respond to my email and said "Wait, what?"   And that was it. So I did give him negative feedback.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 12:17:08 AM »
what did he send you?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 02:25:43 AM »
Yeah what poster did he send you? Did you dispute it or file a case?

Mrea2

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 12:27:07 PM »
Theres teo teasers for the new mad max movie. The one  I paid for  and wanted only says 2015 in red  on the bottom. The one I got, poorly packed has May 2015 in big yellow lettering on the bottom. Thats not what I wanted or what he advertised.  Yes I notified ebay.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 08:30:28 AM »
I believe the Max poster you want only exists in a digital image, no physical paper on that style. Even the UK version that has 2015 only without May on it, the text is yellow as well.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 10:25:52 AM »
This is now a common occurrence I fear when dealing with modern posters and sellers using digital images they find on the net as opposed to photographing the actual item - especially as the myriad International versions will all have different dates on them.

If one is intent on collecting all versions, it will mean buyers will have to diligently question every single seller and ask them to photograph the item, or rely on some cursory glanced description that they feel will be all is necessary.

As well as the potential for an incorrect image, there will also be confusion as to the actual existence of some images bearing in mind the profusion of none papered digital-only versions.

Good luck.  (I will have to go through all this again come the release of SPECTRE posters - poor me,  violin.gif )

Mrea2

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 11:34:12 AM »
I agree with the last two comments. A real shame sellers seem to think its okay to use one picture and then get away with something else. But, this one didnt and I have a feeling all he really did was create a new account. I had no idea though that the one design was only for digital use. IMP had it on their web site and I think its better than the May 2015 design.