Author Topic: I Dont Get This Shipping Cost  (Read 10195 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I Dont Get This Shipping Cost
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:48:01 PM »
Very cool poster, for sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SON-BRIDE-OF-FRANKENSTEIN-orig-combo-one-sheet-poster-BORIS-KARLOFF-BELA-LUGOSI-/350491130708?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519ae63b54

BUT -- the shipping charge is $50.00, to anyone in the US, sent via Standard UPS GROUND service. What am i missing from this picture? This is one folded OS. And even when securely packaged.. for 50.00, i would not be expecting Ground service to be used.

Overcharging on shipping always gets me  moron1.

This could be sent via 1 or 2 day USPS Priority for much less.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:48:51 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: I Dont Get This Shipping Cost
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:01:05 PM »
You're getting a deal Jeff - it's $75 US to Canada
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 11:04:15 PM »
You're getting a deal Jeff - it's $75 US to Canada

Yeah, true, Chris.

It's also the same $75 to ship to the UK, for example.

So i shouldn't whine and complain.   crying

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:35:23 AM »
and people whinge when iI charge $25 to post airmail to USA (even though I am out of pocket often times).

Just sent one today it cost me $36 and some cents to USA.

So this bloke is just greedy
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 04:26:39 AM »
in all likelihood, Bill didn't edit his data from some other auction and the calculation is incorrect.
I'm sure the shipping charge is about $10 unless he is also adding $40 to cover insurance

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 07:06:24 AM »
...or this chap who reckons it will cost $60 to ship A - Single - Solitary - Photo to the UK from the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FROM-RUSSIA-WITH-LOVE-1964-SEAN-CONNERY-B-W-8-x10-STIL-FN-/231394637766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e031f7c6

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 08:35:54 AM »
I find the shipping calculator is a little wonky and dont put a whole of effort into it.  I clearly state on ebay that I can provide quotes depending on what buyer prefers?  Same thing goes when I am a buyer.  Other than the asshole Steven is dealing with I find most people on ebay pretty accommodating when you call them out on shipping charges. 

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 06:54:23 AM »
My guy wasn't.

Or rather he was in that he directed me to his other website that was selling the still, only to find the still was priced at $50 and the shipping $20...

Needless to say...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »
in all likelihood, Bill didn't edit his data from some other auction and the calculation is incorrect.
I'm sure the shipping charge is about $10 unless he is also adding $40 to cover insurance

So I wrote Bill asking about the 50.00 shipping fee AND it being UPS Ground Service for this poster:

Link: SON & BRIDE OF FRANK RR OS (Realart)

I suggested that this item (in a flat parcel), could be sent, via USPS 2 Day Priority for much less.

He wrote back, saying that he could also mail it Priority Mail, with Tracking, and the cost (from TX to CA) would be $6.50   ;)

He never explained tho, where the listed $50.00 price came from, or that it was a mistake/typo of some kind or that it was a combination of shipping and added insurance. But it's good to know he offers other options.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:03:33 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 01:40:35 AM »
So I wrote Bill asking about the 50.00 shipping fee AND it being UPS Ground Service for this poster:

Link: SON & BRIDE OF FRANK RR OS (Realart)

I suggested that this item (in a flat parcel), could be sent, via USPS 2 Day Priority for much less.

He wrote back, saying that he could also mail it Priority Mail, with Tracking, and the cost (from TX to CA) would be $6.50   ;)

He never explained tho, where the listed $50.00 price came from, or that it was a mistake/typo of some kind or that it was a combination of shipping and added insurance. But it's good to know he offers other options.

Just goes to show, that added "padding" on shipping, whether it be a lone, solo, ebay seller (or experienced seller/dealer) happens with regularity.

And that is a big peeve of mine.  moron1

Charge what it costs to mail something (or round up to the next, whole dollar)*.

I've dealt with many sellers that do this*, and it makes for a happy day.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »
$6.50? Hope he thought of insuring it too. But good on him to get back to you.

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:07 AM »
Or maybe after spending that kind of money on a poster they could just throw in the shipping, no matter where it was being sent. 

My favorites are the million dollar posters [sic] that still charge you for shipping.  Seems like if they found a suck...buyer to spend that kind of money you should fly out and deliver it to them in person.  Of course, then the suck..buyer would know what you look like for later interactions, so that's prolly not a good idea...
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 12:31:57 PM »
True, Peter.

So true.

-Jeff