Author Topic: Is the Vintage Horror-Sci Fi market in the dumps?? You bet it is!!  (Read 14525 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Is the Vintage Horror-Sci Fi market in the dumps?? You bet it is!!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2018, 03:13:15 AM »
That TF has his posters priced NOT to sell, is, as I mentioned, something to watch for should someone bite and pay him what he's asking.

It likely will not happen... bu never say never. There's always a possibility, no matter how slim. And even then, it would be a one off, since his asking numbers are do far outside the curve.

But it still would be exciting to see even a single sale happen, that's for sure.

-Jeff

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2018, 11:20:43 AM »
The problem with that is Todd doesn't want to sell anything.

So very true. Pretty much the only person I've seen that even when someone bites on his record-setting prices he worries that he must have priced it too low.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2018, 12:39:19 PM »
So very true. Pretty much the only person I've seen that even when someone bites on his record-setting prices he worries that he must have priced it too low.

eBay is like TF's 'show & tell'/"look what I have" venue.  dancingalien.gif

-Jeff

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2018, 07:58:31 PM »
Exactly Right! Todd gets off on the fact that he has all this great memorabilia like the Frankenstein lobby set, Dracula cobweb 1-sheet, Bela's cape from A&C Meet Frankenstein, Son Of Frankenstein 3-sheet, etc. and says to himself "it's MINE! NOBODY else can have it!" He's looking for pie in the sky with his outlandish prices because he knows nobody will pay that much for them, thereby allowing him to keep these rare pieces which he doesn't want to sell in the first place. He says he only offers them to attract attention to his cheaper eBay offerings. If he did sell his best material he would be set for life, but then he wouldn't have anything rare to gloat over.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2018, 08:25:08 PM »
Exactly Right! Todd gets off on the fact that he has all this great memorabilia like the Frankenstein lobby set, Dracula cobweb 1-sheet, Bela's cape from A&C Meet Frankenstein, Son Of Frankenstein 3-sheet, etc. and says to himself "it's MINE! NOBODY else can have it!" He's looking for pie in the sky with his outlandish prices because he knows nobody will pay that much for them, thereby allowing him to keep these rare pieces which he doesn't want to sell in the first place. He says he only offers them to attract attention to his cheaper eBay offerings. If he did sell his best material he would be set for life, but then he wouldn't have anything rare to gloat over.

If he lists it for sale on occasion, it’s a business expense? Right?  8)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2018, 11:56:51 PM »

In a way, though, it's great that he has them all together, setting the listed prices aside for a moment.

It makes for one hell of a UNI horror collection, let alone the fact that he has these rare and special beauties "on display" with such regularity on ebay. It's great to be able to see them, for sure.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff