Author Topic: German Pulp Fiction  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
German Pulp Fiction
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:05:12 PM »
I know this is already my third thread on the authentication section.  I want you all to know that I am actually taking it easy on you cause I could have started about 50 of them... :P ...Besides you guys are the experts 8)...Anyway...

Ignoring all warnings that it is a well reproduced poster I went ahead and bought a German A1 23x33 Pulp Fiction.
Im afraid I might have one of those reprints.  In the last few days I have viewed many images of this poster in this size and my copy is missing what I think is the FSK marking? on the bottom to the right of the Panavision logo.

It could be my imagination but the coloring seems to be more in line with the 33x46 version which, like my copy, also does not have that marking.

I emailed the dealer a few days ago and am still awaiting a reply. I hope Im just being paranoid  :-[ Am I?

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Re: German Pulp Fiction
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 03:16:46 PM »
For anyone interested and even if your not  :P....I have been in contact with dealer and will update what I find out.

Thank you and God bless  :)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
The dealer has been responsive. He is sure its not a repro and that it is an original. Since everything I have read about him is 100% positive and he does seem genuine I can only conclude that he is being sincere.

While I am not 100% or totally convinced, he is the expert and no one here has posted anything to the contrary so I will just have to assume that it is the real deal...Though I might have to get another one somewhere along the line just because....well because  8)

Moving on to the next poster....  ;D

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 10:52:23 PM »
WHO is the dealer?

Bruce

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 12:22:56 PM »
Ignoring all warnings that it is a well reproduced poster I went ahead and bought a German A1 23x33 Pulp Fiction.
Im afraid I might have one of those reprints.  In the last few days I have viewed many images of this poster in this size and my copy is missing what I think is the FSK marking? on the bottom to the right of the Panavision logo.

It could be my imagination but the coloring seems to be more in line with the 33x46 version which, like my copy, also does not have that marking.

Hey Zorba, did you ever figure out the significance of the marking?  Most of the copies Emovie has sold have the marking but one (perhaps an A0?) does not.  Since the one without the mark is folded and it's unlikely a fake would be folded, I suspect the one without the mark is original.  Someone on Ebay posted an image showing the original is whiter and the fake is yellower, although it is missing the credits, so I'm not sure it's accurate.

Can anybody shed some light on this?  What is that mark?  Perhaps a Sonis-like mark?

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 12:53:17 PM »
Hey Zorba, did you ever figure out the significance of the marking?  Most of the copies Emovie has sold have the marking but one (perhaps an A0?) does not.  

The mark is an FSK mark. Its on most German posters but not all....Here is a excerpt from the last email I received from the dealer." from the 90s on maybe only about half of the posters have the FSK sign at all, there seems to be no need for every poster published to include this."

That image from emovie is most likely a regular A1 as the A0s are marked as 33 x 46.

In that comparison you have the fake image is clearly cropped behind Bruce Willis head.

As for the colors...here is the latest image I took for my copy...

To compare with the earlier pic I took with a different camera. The colors do look a little different.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:07:21 PM by Zorba »

Offline kingmaily

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 04:20:59 PM »
Old thread I know, but does the larger version of this poster never have the FSK mark?

Offline peckinpah

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 03:21:11 AM »
The film was officially re-released by the distributor about 2 years after the initial release. They re-printed the poster for this release. Unfortunately I can't recall right now which one was the first printing - with or without the FSK logo.

Offline kingmaily

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 04:54:12 AM »
The film was officially re-released by the distributor about 2 years after the initial release. They re-printed the poster for this release. Unfortunately I can't recall right now which one was the first printing - with or without the FSK logo.

Do you know if the the same rule applies with the A0 version ?  Does the larger A0 version ever have the FSK logo ?

Offline peckinpah

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 05:25:22 AM »
I only saw the A0 without the FSK. I am not sure it exists with the A0. But still I can't say 100% why: either they printed an A0 just for the first release (which would make sense) and therefore A1/A0 without the FSK are both first release, or they did not print an A0 for the first release because the success was not that foreseeable. Which would also make sense - then they would have printed an A0 for that early re-release omitting the FSK logo because it was no more necessary by then in Germany. I guess I will find out one day.