Author Topic: Name and shame!!!  (Read 5867 times)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Name and shame!!!
« on: June 20, 2010, 02:03:34 PM »
Is it time to start a name and shame thread. We know how bad the postal services are, but some sellers are just as bad if not worse. I had these two packages arrive in the last 3 weeks, and Yes the sellotape has stuck to the poster in the first one!! Why would you.    And it's amazing that the contents were still in the second one, as this is how it arrived, I had not tried to open it.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Name and shame!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »
Seems like for many sellers, as soon as they get your cash in hand, they lose all interest in getting the product they have sold to you in the same condition as it was sold.

Do they really consider their obligation to be "over" once you have paid?

Do they figure that many buyers will be too lazy to raise a dispute once the poster arrives in tatters?
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 05:33:06 PM »
Seems like for many sellers, as soon as they get your cash in hand, they lose all interest in getting the product they have sold to you in the same condition as it was sold.

Do they really consider their obligation to be "over" once you have paid?

Do they figure that many buyers will be too lazy to raise a dispute once the poster arrives in tatters?

I bet that a lot of sellers think this -- the ones that truly dont care, that is.

They figure that many people will not go to the trouble of heading to the PO, filling out a form, and filing a claim. Tho, with the buyer protection that ebay offers, when something isn't received as described, or damaged during shipping etc), there is a better chance that buyers will use that resource to fight back, and win.

-Jeff

guest4816

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 06:27:41 AM »
EBay guarantee is a boon fr buyers otherwise we r in bad situ most of the time