Author Topic: Snapframe a 3-sheets  (Read 4158 times)

guest4531

Snapframe a 3-sheets
« on: October 21, 2014, 08:30:59 AM »
Any video or tips on how to snapframe a 3-sheets (compose of two overlapping sheet)...

I was wondering how it is possible; it seems to be a difficult task all together when you are alone

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
Re: Snapframe a 3-sheets
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 09:22:07 AM »
Hello Bigboss.

Sorry just seeing this now, but I came on here today to WARN against hanging any large frame by yourself. The title of the thread will be Dumbass!
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry
www.SpotlightDisplays.com

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »
Just want to make sure you see this BigBoss! Be careful!!!

Ok guys, I wanted to get this out because I think everyone needs to be aware of the potential DANGER of hanging a large size frame by yourself!

I was trying to hang the frame in the picture below about 18 feet up with the poster already in it which is a Big NO! Hang and secure the frame first!!! And for a frame that size it is a two person job. So I am on the ladder and I had to have the top of the frame open to hang it, well being that the poster is so big it didn't like the top of the frame being open and it started to come out of the frame. So now I am trying to save the poster, hold the frame and stay on the ladder at the same time. I decided that the poster is the only thing I care about so I wanted to get it the rest of the way out of the frame. So I open the right side of the frame and I fell off the ladder. Inside the frame there are metal clip springs that make it so the sides snap open and closed. When I fell, my hand hit one of those clips and I cut the whole side of my small finger off and also hit the artery. "If you want to see what happened I can send you pics and a 25 second video lol!"

Anyway, I got it to stop bleeding and drove to the hospital. Just waiting for them to skin graph it on Wednesday or Friday. My point is; Please be careful and have someone help you!!!

This was a freak accident, but I just feel that I need to pass this on to everyone that buys a large frame this size for now on. I have been doing this for 14 years and never cut myself.

And if you are going to be on a ladder and hanging a smaller poster, PLEASE BE CAREFUL as well because you could still fall and it the inside of the frame.

I can say that the OVERLAYS saved the poster. The overlays got all dinged up but the poster came out fine.

And it just goes to show that you can get seriously hurt almost anywhere so always have emergency supplies on hand. I recommend Self Adhesive 2" wraps, Walgreen has it, there are many brand names, one is called Coban. This stuff is amazing and is the only thing that stopped the bleeding along with 4" x 4" gauze pads I had on hand as well. Also spend about $30 and get a tourniquet, actually you should have one for every car and one in the house. Don't think about it just do it! Having band-aids is fine, but they are not going to save your life. Another trick I learned in the ER was, when the doctor took the bandage I put on off, the artery started bleeding really bad again, she took a surgical glove and wrapped it around the base of my finger and used that as a tourniquet!

Be Safe!!!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:40:04 PM by USMCSS »
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry
www.SpotlightDisplays.com

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 11:00:15 PM »
The perils of poster collecting!  :o

Seriously though - glad to here you are OK (if not completely intact) Robert
Chris