Author Topic: June 2010  (Read 12225 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
June 2010
« on: June 16, 2010, 09:47:04 PM »
I picked up this double sided bus shelter for Wicked awhile ago, and finally had the chance to put it in the lightbox.  It's really spectacular!

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: June 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:19:15 AM »
Nice find, Holiday. I remember seeing this design in an earlier thread and it is cool to see the real deal.  Now tell me, how big is the lightbox??  Jeezum crow....

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »
Nice find, Holiday. I remember seeing this design in an earlier thread and it is cool to see the real deal.  Now tell me, how big is the lightbox??  Jeezum crow....

Full size!  Overall, including the frame, it's about 6 1/2' tall and 4 1/6' wide.  It's rather impressive, I think.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:41:03 PM »
Led Zeppelin 2007 30th anniversary re-release poster for The Song Remains the Same - the band members personally oversaw the remixing/remastering - I missed it in the theaters but will catch it on video sometime:

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »
Rolling Stones 2000 re-release poster OS for "Gimme Shelter":

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 06:00:11 AM »
Awesome, Mel.
BTW, I have the remastered/remixed SONG REMAINS THE SAME DVD and I -- hate to say it -- was disappointed.  I'm a Zep fan, but the show seemed to lack the electricity I thought I remembered it having the first time around.  Music's great, but something's lacking.....maybe it's just me....

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »
Awesome, Mel.
BTW, I have the remastered/remixed SONG REMAINS THE SAME DVD and I -- hate to say it -- was disappointed.  I'm a Zep fan, but the show seemed to lack the electricity I thought I remembered it having the first time around.  Music's great, but something's lacking.....maybe it's just me....

Too bad.  Hard to believe those guys broke up 30 years ago. Was the London 2007 concert any good?

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »
Awesome, Mel.

I liked it mainly for the songs that were omitted from the original movie.  Now I wish Plant/Page would finally release the Reading and Knebworth concerts, for Christ's sake.  Bootlegs have been floating around for decades and it would be nice to have a crystal clear, digital copy of those shows

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 11:32:52 PM »
Was the London 2007 concert any good?

Not in my opinion.
For some strange reason, this is one of the few bands I have appreciated more for their studio work than their stage presence.