Author Topic: DON'T MISS Vectis Auctions Film Poster & Memorabilia Sale TOMORROW, 12:00PM GMT!  (Read 11575 times)

VectisAuctions

Don't miss this event - Tomorrow, Saturday July 12 at 12:00pm GMT.

Some fantastic and unique items are going under the hammer including these:

From the Adult section:

WHAT’S UP SUPERDOC? (1978) UK Quad

HOT FANTASIES UK Quad

EMMANUELLE (1974) UK Quad

From the James Bond section:

DR. NO (1962) UK Exhibitors Campaign Book

DR. NO (1962) UK Quad

GOLDFINGER (1964) UK Double Crown

From the Disney & Animation section:

LADY AND THE TRAMP (1955) UK Double Crown

SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS (1937) UK Quad (R-1951)

LOONEY TUNES Expressions Style Guide by Warner Brothers

From the General & Miscellaneous section:

CARRY ON CABBY (1967) US Half Sheet

GET CARTER (1971) Film Poster (R-1999)

THE GODFATHER (1973) Original Script

MARLON BRANDO APOCALYPSE NOW (1979) Signed Contract

VERTIGO (1958) Indian Three Sheet (R-1983)

MONTY PYTHON’S LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL (1982) US One Sheet

LE MANS (1971) Japanese B2

FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF (1986) UK Four Sheet

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S (1961) UK Press Book

THE LADYKILLERS (1955) UK Quad (R-1970s)

DEAD RECKONING (1947) US One Sheet

SUNSET BOULEVARD (1950) UK Quad

RESERVOIR DOGS (1992) Film Poster Acetate

PULP FICTION (1994) Film Poster Acetate

From the Sci-Fi & Horror section:

METROPOLIS (1927) British Herald Programme

HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE (2001) Pocket Watch

BLADE RUNNER Original Typewritten Manuscript

JAWS (1975) US One Sheet

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981) UK Quad

ALIEN EGG VERSION II (1991) by HR Giger

ALIEN MONSTER I (GIGER’S ALIEN, 1980) by HR Giger

ALIEN PILOT IN COCKPIT (1978) by HR Giger

From the Star Wars section:

STAR WARS (1977) Press Kit

STAR WARS R2 D2 Blueprint

STAR WARS (1977) UK Quad

STAR WARS: REVENGE OF THE JEDI (1983) US One Sheet, Dated Advance

STAR WARS Multi Signed Film Poster, Signed by 68

STAR WARS: ATTACK OF THE CLONES (2002) Prototype UK Department Store Lenticular Test Proof

Remember, the sale starts at 12:00pm GMT.
Call or email us your bids, or better still BID LIVE ONLINE AT VECTIS.CO.UK OR INVALUABLE.COM!

Thanks for the support and we wish all bidders well.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I am not quite sure how this works. 

Is it a live auction like Heritage? 
Are all items ending at the same time?
Can I bid online live or do I need to enter my bid prior to the auction end time? 
How can I track the lots I'm interested in? 
How much is shipping to the US? 

It all seems very complicated from where I sit, so I'll probably pass on tomorrow's auction, but I'd like an answer to these questions for future reference.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Charlie

• Collector
I hate auctions that make you put in a credit card to bid.  Signed up, now annoyed that I have to go back down stairs...  Plus you can't even see the bid.  Why is it such a hassle with these auctions in the UK.  Had to do the same for that quad auction a couple years back...

Offline Charlie

• Collector
OMG!  Went downstairs.  Filled out the CC and you can't even see the current bid price.  WTF kind of auction is this? Am I proxy bidding?  Is there a reserve?  OK I'll throw a number in there. I guess.

Offline Charlie

• Collector
Ok, it tells you what the bids are after you bid.  Whew!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
You're more intrepid than I am.  I can't bid when I have too many unanswered questions.  Too bad.  I hope they did well.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Charlie

• Collector
I didn't win the one lot I wanted but I think I got the second with the proxy.  This morning the system was messed up or something and I had to set up a whole different account on another live auction deal.  By the time I had it sorted I had missed the first lot...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Luckily this auction was 15mins from my house, so I bid at the Auction house.  You guys miss some jollyfine bargains..  ;)

I quite agree with Charlie, having to putting credit card details in before bidding is crap, this practice needs to stop everywhere.... Haven't these places heard of Credit card fraud...  If I win nothing the info still has to go in!!!  The last time I had to do this I never bid, so the Auction house lost any money they would have made from me..

I'm sure one of the fellows from Vectis will comment, but I believe there was a problem with one of the internet feeds while live...
It's more than a Hobby...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I just think that their website needs some serious rethinking if they want to compete with HA and Emovie.  I still don't know where I can track the lots I intend to bid on, which to me is very important.  Plus everything else we already mentioned.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
You not the only one who has criticised their web-site T, several others have too. Hopefully if they read this they will pull their socks up, and get it altered.

Mirosae

What a shame.  Not being able to track your posters and see the bids Before you bid are two major flaws for me too. And add lack of clarity on  the shipping costs to that list.

THAT said.  Congrats to the team for their first auction. There are always teething problems when you are a newbie.  Good news is, the technology  is out there.  So hopefully those issues can be easily fixed. We need a good auction house in the UK.

PAUL...hope you got some goodies:)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
I will say, all but one of the lots sold, which was great. The Monty Python foot was one of those moments....seemed surreal afterwards, a great price achieved for it, 14k plus commission....Yikes.. :o

That said a fair few items went really cheaply, which may have been due to the net problems. I'm sure when they open on Monday, one of their fellows will post here. 

I did get one or two things I was after, Rosa.... ;)        Did you bid on anything?

Mirosae

Congrats Paul! No I didn't bid. I liked one of the Bogies but it was framed so didn't bid....

Glad you've got yours!

guest4531

Checking the results now and indeed cheap, very cheap !!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
A lot of this stuff went dirt cheap, I also didnt bid due to the way it was all setup.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
Where might one find said results? I also stopped when I didn't see any bids and needed to supply a credit card.

Edit: Nevermind, found them on the Invaluable site (clicked on the wrong link above).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:18:58 AM by pratschm »
Witty signature goes here.

VectisAuctions

As you may be aware, last weekend saw our inaugural Entertainment Memorabilia Sale, which included film posters and memorabilia for which we were more than pleased with the response. However, we appreciate all customer feedback so we can look to make improvements for future sales.

If anyone has experienced difficulties or would like to contact us directly with regard to this sale, we would ask that you contact –
Vicky Weall at vicky@vectis.co.uk directly.

As an auction company we will always require a credit card to bid on any lots to avoid fake bidding which only results in false results and unsold with buyers not receiving their money. This is common practice in the industry. As a company we endeavour to listen to our customers and provide as much help as is necessary and we hope we are given the opportunity to do so.

All sales results can be found on our website Vectis.co.uk; you need to be registered to access these but this will give you over 10 years worth of sales results.

:)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:01:09 PM by VectisAuctions »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
I know it doesn't affect me (this time) as I was there on the day, but I bid on auctions across the world, though mainly in the U.K. and have only been asked for my Credit card details once pre-auction.

That once they informed me if I bid through another web-feed, and not directly through the auction house's site I would not have to give the details over and sure enough that was right...

I was always under the impression a bid was entering into a "legal contract/commitment" therefore you could re-coupe any moneys anyway. there's also the offering the lot to the underbidder/s, so I hardly think the auction house or consignor will lose out. In these days of Credit card fraud you can't be too careful, and I for one would not bid if I had to give that info over before I bid...      It's like going into a shop and having to give your credit card details over before you walk in, JUST INCASE you want to buy something.... I know what you would say to that, as well as I.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
I was always under the impression a bid was entering into a "legal contract/commitment" therefore you could re-coupe any moneys anyway.

I think this is exactly the point. There's a transaction taking place here, so everybody's money needs to be on the table. Its the same process with Ebay, EMP etc.  It also protects vectis from claims that agents are raising the bidding behind the scenes etc.  And in terms of recouperating the money on the basis of a "guest" bid - really, how would a company even do that?  It would be rediculously complicated and nearly impossible legally speaking on an international level.  I think Vectis' approach actually protects the hobby and the process for everyone.  Cmon Paul you've given your CC number to how many companies in the past year - whats one more!   ;)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Only when paying for something.

If I win nothing I don't expect to give them over, yes I maybe old-fashioned, but it's something I won't do, and I'm guessing a fair few others are the same.

Mirosae

HA also asks you for your credit card in advance. Or I seem to recall so.

It is normal practice i think to request those details. And it doesn't bother me. I have a credit card for Internet purchases only. Balance 1$.  Only top it up when I make a payment and just for that amount.

I find more annoying the fact that you can't see the bids unless you bid or that you can't track your posters.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
That is correct, Rosa regarding HA and the credit card storage.

I don't mind either way as I use a credit card and if any unauthorised payments go through you are protected by law, and coupled with encryption your details are safe. Obviously, not a thing in the world is 100% safe, but we are backed by laws so I would like to think people could feel safe in the knowledge that their details are safe with any auction company or otherwise. This information should be clear to see for any potential bidder on any auction site.

Look at PayPal - they have bank, debit and credit card details all stored...and PayPal have been known to be the least safe, yet we who use it still trust it (well, I say trust...).

I do agree things need to change with vectis, but like I said on Charlie and David's forum, it is early days and they are in the process of upgrading their website and software...I know they are looking at all feedback as film memorabilia and poster collectors on the whole are more tech-savvy with backgrounds in the media and service industries...and to echo Paul's comments from elsewhere, this hobby is made up of many ages from the youth to the old and is a ever-changing pastime.
Best wishes,
Adam