Author Topic: Bus Shelters  (Read 40264 times)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
Re: Bus shelter posters
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2015, 08:54:32 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd ask my question here to keep the information centralized.

Regarding US bus shelters, what type of material should they be? I've bought a few bus shelters and they are all that heavy coated material (vinyl?), so I figured that's how all bus shelters were. However, I recently bought another bus shelter and this one was not that material. It was pretty much just paper. Thicker than a one sheet, for sure, but not that heavy coated stuff. What gives? Could there be two different prints of the same size but used in different locations? For example, the heavy coated stuff goes outdoors in actual bus shelters, while the non-coated paper goes in something like an IMAX light box? Any help from our local bus shelter collectors would be much appreciated. thumbup

Yes. Some bus shelter posters are destined for outdoor purposes and need to be prepared for the weather, while others are meant to be put into cases.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
Re: Bus shelter posters
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
@Paul - Thanks for the info! Can't imagine things would be all that different between US and UK. In this case I have what I guess would be considered an advance, as well as the final version. The artwork is the same, but the title, tag line, etc are different, and each is on a different material.

@ Dale - Pretty sure it's not a subway. It definitely does not have an adhesive backing.

@Archie - Thanks for the info! I've always wondered about the large format posters found in IMAX light boards vs similar vertical formats like bus shelters. Perhaps this is one reason for the discrepancy.
Witty signature goes here.