Author Topic: Buying New Posters Directly from the Studios  (Read 49038 times)

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
Re: Buying New Posters Directly from the Studios
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2016, 06:23:43 AM »
The Love Witch is fantastic does anyone yet know the size of the poster and if its d/s? Keen to grab one myself.
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2016, 07:17:46 AM »
It is 27x40 and single-sided.
 cheers

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »
Hey Shawn, glad to hear it. I agree, the poster is an absolute beauty. I ordered one also, just waiting for it to make its way across the Atlantic.
I've no idea what the movie itself is like. It hasn't been released yet in the UK as far as I know. But the one-sheet is already featuring on some of the early 'top 10' posters of the year lists.
P.S Your collection is a joy to behold. Love the stuff you post on the acquisitions front.

Mine is safely here already, but I have yet to open it. I'm saving posting it for a special post down the road a bit. Thank you for your kind words on my silly collection. I know most of it is trash, but it's amusing trash (to me).

I am thrilled you are on the site. I hope you are enjoying it. Thanks again for posting about THE LOVE WITCH being available. And no, I do not think the film has been released here yet either.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2017, 06:12:21 PM »
Fans of 80s-style retro horror art might dig this poster for straight-to-DVD flick Pool Party Massacre, which is available from the people behind the film:https://poolpartymassacrestore.com/collections/pool-party-massacre-merchandise/products/pool-party-massacre-24x36-movie-poster

The poster is 24"x36" rather than full one-sheet size. And the art is by Sadist Art Designs (the trading name for artist Marc Scoenbach) who also did the nifty one-sheet for last year's Beyond The Gates.

guest4955

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2017, 11:55:55 AM »
You can buy three full-size re-release quads, including Metropolis, from Eureka here:

http://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/offers/posters.html

Some great links in this thread. Too bad my earlier link is dead. They were selling these terrific quads for $30, now I can't find any for sale for a reasonable price:

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »

now I can't find any for sale for a reasonable price

Same story for several others here.  I wonder how much effect this thread had on the sales.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2017, 02:53:44 PM »
Love that BFI Metropolis quad. my favorite poster of this millennium. Now large original of course would be a dream poster. One day, one day....Pshaw yeah right!

Good point Brandon. The Under the Skin have gone this route and many others.
I am sure this thread helped sell a good bit more than if it wasn't posted on the forum. Maybe between 100-200 across the store sites?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:57:11 PM by jedgerley »

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2017, 05:18:26 PM »
I just had an email from the distribution company Oscilloscope, who have been mentioned previously in this thread, who are offering 50% off all items in their store, including posters, for 48 hours, using coupon code BACK2SCHOOL.

They have some nice gear, such as the gorgeous one-sheet for The Love Witch. Part of the proceeds will go to the Texas flood relief effort, too.

https://store.oscilloscope.net/collections/posters

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2018, 01:53:46 PM »
Oscilloscope has some cool screen prints at their site:

The set:
https://store.oscilloscope.net/collections/oscilloscope-merch/products/screenprint-posters

or individually:
https://store.oscilloscope.net/collections/oscilloscope-merch

Their theater one sheets are all at one link.  Interesting in the drop-down menu, they have the option "other-please specify in notes."  I wonder if that means you can request any movie they're the distributor of, and if they can get the poster they'll send it to you.

https://store.oscilloscope.net/collections/oscilloscope-merch/products/theatrical-one-sheets?variant=6625412284444

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2018, 09:28:46 AM »
Just thought I would mention a disappointing experience I had buying some posters from Drafthouse Films.

Their website lists a lot of the films they distribute and most of them have associated merchandise listed for sale – the Blu-ray/DVD and a theatrical poster in many cases. Fulfilment seems to be handled by an outsourced, third party. I ordered three posters (including one for The Final Member designed by Olly Moss and Jay Shaw). A month later, nothing had arrived, so I chased up via the contact listed on my order confirmation email. I was told two of the three posters I had ordered were no longer available – they listed a small number of titles that they did have in stock as possible alternatives.

In the end, they said they would give me a full refund as well as sending me the one poster they think they are still able to provide (they were going to check their inventory) – as of writing this post, I have yet to receive confirmation that it has been shipped out.

While the customers services team was suitably responsive and apologetic, it was a less than positive experience. And, again, at time of writing this, the posters I tried to buy are still listed as available for purchase on the Drafthouse website.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2018, 11:33:05 PM »
Why don't they just print another batch

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2018, 09:15:38 AM »
By way of follow up, only fair to mention that this has now been resolved, although only after emailing some of the senior team at Drafthouse to intervene. They were very apologetic, refunded me in full - and sent me the posters I had originally ordered. So a very good result in the end and kudos to the company for sorting this out.

Big thanks also to the APF member who helped me out with this in a massive way. Greatly appreciated.

Offline Zagnut

• Beginner
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »
Late to the game, but was enticed by the subject.
As a new collector, I'd love to be able to buy new release posters direct from the movie companies.  My reasoning is if enough people buy them (not dealers or flippers), other companies would start offering them direct to the public.
First item on my list would be the new "First Man" poster.  While I won't be buying every new poster that comes out, I love the subject of space and find this poster aesthetically gorgeous.

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2018, 12:08:15 AM »
They are only selling posters because they are not a studio but a small start up distribution company trying to make money any way it can.  I don't have the numbers but I'm sure they bought the movie for more than they got back at the BO, once P&A is factored in.  Studios don't waste time selling posters for $20.  Or maybe just as a marketing ploy like NL did at the time of the LotR movies.

T

Agreed, they give them away lol.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »
Buying from ebay sellers is normally cheaper than buying direct from the studios unless it is an independent film company.

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2018, 12:10:44 AM »
Buying from ebay sellers is normally cheaper than buying direct from the studios unless it is an independent film company.

Can you even still buy from studios? Only new ones if anything I assume...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2018, 04:39:57 PM »
No you cannot. Every once in a while and independent studio will over something up, but that never seems to last either. Probably because 90% of what they send out is damaged and they have to send multiples and just not worth the effort.

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2019, 02:26:57 AM »
Don’t know how long these will be around, but Spike Lee’s website is selling signed versions of the BlackkKlansman one-sheet for $100 a pop for those who may be interested.

http://spikesjoint.com/

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2019, 05:31:12 PM »
Don’t know how long these will be around, but Spike Lee’s website is selling signed versions of the BlackkKlansman one-sheet for $100 a pop for those who may be interested.

http://spikesjoint.com/

Gone in less than a day.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2019, 06:11:43 PM »
Gone in less than a day.

I saw it last night, and even though I would never ever buy a signed poster, I still had a slight hesitation because it seemed pretty legit.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)