Author Topic: Buying New Posters Directly from the Studios  (Read 48925 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Buying New Posters Directly from the Studios
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
Aren't you older than everyone here?  ;) ;D
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2014, 03:37:10 PM »
Aren't you older than everyone here?  ;) ;D

Individually or combined?
By crackie, you may be right...

But... I can still wrassle gators with the best.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:38:02 PM by brude »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »
Here's the link to the It Follows one sheet, with the art from Ms. Akiko Stehrenberger.

http://itfollowsfilm.com/shop/product/details/2710/it-follows-illustrated-poster?r=

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:40:30 PM by Neo »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2015, 09:27:42 PM »
These have been selling regularly on eBay the last few months around these prices.

This one is a little trickier to find via Google, as the distributor, RADiUS-TWC, part of the Weinstein Company, doesn't have them listed on their websites. 

A Google search of "'It Follows' poster shop' works to find the link, and the same search with the title of several other films in this thread for their links.

Mirosae

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2015, 12:02:22 AM »
This is very helpful. It is a great poster. I liked the film too. Very much.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2015, 03:37:15 AM »
Many thanks Brandon - I've ordered a couple. The only downside was the $100 international shipping they quoted. Probably another way of saying they would prefer not to ship outside the US.

Mark

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2015, 11:39:07 AM »
Many thanks Brandon - I've ordered a couple. The only downside was the $100 international shipping they quoted. Probably another way of saying they would prefer not to ship outside the US.

Mark

faint2.gif

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2015, 12:34:21 PM »
This is very helpful. It is a great poster. I liked the film too. Very much.

cool1

Mark

You're welcome.  It would be cool if all the posters like this one, that are available from the distributors and selling at much inflated prices elsewhere, were posted here.

Wow.  They must really not want to do international business.  

It's free shipping in the USA.  Why don't you just cancel the order, place a new order, and have it sent to someone in the USA, who can ship it across the pond much cheaper?  I can ship it to you if you want, just send me a PM.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:57:44 PM by Neo »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2015, 12:54:45 PM »

You're welcome.  It would be cool if all the posters like this one, that available from the distributors and selling at much inflated prices elsewhere, were posted here.

Wow.  They must really not want to do international business.  

It's free shipping in the USA.  Why don't you just cancel the order, place a new order, and have it sent to someone in the USA, who can ship it across the pond much cheaper?  I can ship it to you if you want, just send me a PM.

It would look better were they to just say they don't ship internationally; quoting that kind of over the top shipping fee to mail a couple of posters is unreal, and not necessary, imo.

As this would look to be an example of "gouging a customer for shipping" at its very finest.  :-\

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:08:34 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2015, 01:52:10 PM »
cool1

...Why don't you just cancel the order, place a new order, and have it sent to someone in the USA, who can ship it across the pond much cheaper?  I can ship it to you if you want, just send me a PM.

Thanks for the offer Brandon - I arranged to do just that when I got quoted that shipping charge.

Mark

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »
Oscilloscope Laboratories, a distribution and production company, has some cool theater posters at their site:

http://store.oscilloscope.net/collections/posters

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »
Thanks for posting the link, Neo. Some really lovely looking posters there, including one by the incredible Tom Hodge (aka Dude Designs), which I have just ordered. Hopefully it won't get bashed up crossing the Atlantic like the Stehrenberger It Follows one-sheet I ordered did...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2016, 02:24:03 PM »
Thanks for posting the link, Neo. Some really lovely looking posters there, including one by the incredible Tom Hodge (aka Dude Designs), which I have just ordered. Hopefully it won't get bashed up crossing the Atlantic like the Stehrenberger It Follows one-sheet I ordered did...

There are some cool posters there.  I like the one for If a Tree Falls.  I had to watch the Academy Award nominated film for a class.  It's good, and shows both sides of an eco-terrorist incident, and the radical environmentalism movement in general.

Yeah, I noticed that one from The Dude Designs - Breakup at a Wedding.  It would be nice to hear about their packaging, and how it fares crossing the pond.  

cheers
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:31:24 PM by Neo »

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2016, 04:47:08 AM »
There are some cool posters there.  I like the one for If a Tree Falls.  I had to watch the Academy Award nominated film for a class.  It's good, and shows both sides of an eco-terrorist incident, and the radical environmentalism movement in general.

Yeah, I noticed that one from The Dude Designs - Breakup at a Wedding.  It would be nice to hear about their packaging, and how it fares crossing the pond.  

cheers

That If A Tree Falls poster is a beauty. (Hadn't heard of the movie before, thanks for the recommendation!)
I'll let you know about their packaging and if the poster arrives in one piece. Fingers crossed...  :)

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 12:09:30 PM »
Inspired by Neo's earlier posting on Oscilloscope, I have spent a bit of time trawling the web to see if any other distributors had Dude Designs/Tom Hodge posters for sale and came across this website selling the one-sheet for the 2011 film 'Legend of the Psychotic Forest Ranger', which features another of his designs:-

http://psychoticforestranger.spinshop.com/details/98552?parent_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

I'm assuming the site was set up a while back, when the movie came out, but have taken the plunge and placed an order anyway - I take it as a positive sign that payment was accepted and that a confirmation email was sent. Shipping to the UK was pretty cheap (C$13), so heaven knows what sort of packaging they'll use. I'll offer an update if/when the poster turns up.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »
Gnarly piece there from The Dude Designs.  Zoinks!

Cool that an autographed copy is available for $10 more.

Anyway, I hope the order goes through for you.  Thanks for sharing here.

cheers

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2016, 06:06:53 PM »
A quick update on these in case any of you are interested, as promised.

On the positive side, I had an email to say the Forest Ranger poster had shipped, so pleased to report that the site seems to be open for business despite being five years old. 

Less happily, the Breakup poster arrived mostly intact, but the tube had a weird 'twist and lock' style cap and the poster, with no wrapping or any other protection, got snagged in it and therefore torn in one corner. Nothing catastrophic (the damage would frame out) but a bit disappointing to say the least. I have emailed explaining the problem and asked for a replacement, more out of hope than expectation, so we'll see what they say.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2016, 12:46:18 PM »
A quick update on these in case any of you are interested, as promised.

On the positive side, I had an email to say the Forest Ranger poster had shipped, so pleased to report that the site seems to be open for business despite being five years old. 

Less happily, the Breakup poster arrived mostly intact, but the tube had a weird 'twist and lock' style cap and the poster, with no wrapping or any other protection, got snagged in it and therefore torn in one corner. Nothing catastrophic (the damage would frame out) but a bit disappointing to say the least. I have emailed explaining the problem and asked for a replacement, more out of hope than expectation, so we'll see what they say.

Sounds like the shipping department at Oscilloscope need to utilize better packaging methods.  They have quite a selection of cool stuff there, so hopefully they'll get it all figured out.

Good to hear that the Ranger poster is still available.  One of The Dude Designs' best IMO.

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2016, 06:36:55 AM »
Sounds like the shipping department at Oscilloscope need to utilize better packaging methods.  They have quite a selection of cool stuff there, so hopefully they'll get it all figured out.

Good to hear that the Ranger poster is still available.  One of The Dude Designs' best IMO.

I contacted Oscilloscope about the problem and, to be fair to them, they offered to send a replacement. Whether they change their packaging methods remains to be seen.

The Ranger poster arrived intact thankfully. It measures up at roughly 24"x36", rather than full one-sheet size (they didn't list the dimensions on the website). It looks great though!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2016, 12:25:25 PM »
I contacted Oscilloscope about the problem and, to be fair to them, they offered to send a replacement. Whether they change their packaging methods remains to be seen.

The Ranger poster arrived intact thankfully. It measures up at roughly 24"x36", rather than full one-sheet size (they didn't list the dimensions on the website). It looks great though!

Glad it arrived safely, Mardukas.

I'd be curious to know if all their theatrical release posters are 24x46 inches. Unlike prints (Mondo, for example) where the sizes are often smaller than a standard OS, in looking at the Oscilloscope site, most visually appear to be like their larger OS theatrical poster kin.

-Jeff

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »
Glad it arrived safely, Mardukas.

I'd be curious to know if all their theatrical release posters are 24x46 inches. Unlike prints (Mondo, for example) where the sizes are often smaller than a standard OS, in looking at the Oscilloscope site, most visually appear to be like their larger OS theatrical poster kin.

Hey Jeff,

The Ranger poster didn't come from Oscilloscope but via this website:-
http://psychoticforestranger.spinshop.com/store/psychoticforestranger.spinshop.com/Posters%20&%20Shirts
It was smaller than standard one-sheet size (roughly 24"x36") but arrived intact.

The poster I bought via Oscilloscope was another painted by Tom Hodge aka Dude Designs, for a film called Breakup at a Wedding. It is almost standard one-sheet size (roughly 27"x39") but arrived slightly damaged (and they said they'd send me a replacement). I have no reason to think all their posters wouldn't be similar in size.

Hope that clarifies things!

Mardukas

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2016, 01:49:17 PM »
Thanks!  cheers

-Jeff

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2016, 09:23:31 AM »
For fans of the one-sheet for the new film The Love Witch (which can be seen here: http://www.impawards.com/2016/love_witch.html), it is available direct from distributor Oscilloscope for the not unreasonable sum of $19.99 + shipping.

Here is a link to their online store: http://store.oscilloscope.net/

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2016, 04:45:26 PM »
For fans of the one-sheet for the new film The Love Witch (which can be seen here: http://www.impawards.com/2016/love_witch.html), it is available direct from distributor Oscilloscope for the not unreasonable sum of $19.99 + shipping.

Here is a link to their online store: http://store.oscilloscope.net/

Thanks for posting this. I bought one of these because of your post. WOW!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2016, 02:31:53 AM »
Hey Shawn, glad to hear it. I agree, the poster is an absolute beauty. I ordered one also, just waiting for it to make its way across the Atlantic.

I've no idea what the movie itself is like. It hasn't been released yet in the UK as far as I know. But the one-sheet is already featuring on some of the early 'top 10' posters of the year lists.

P.S Your collection is a joy to behold. Love the stuff you post on the acquisitions front.