Author Topic: Music Stuff  (Read 13793 times)

guest8

Music Stuff
« on: December 18, 2009, 11:23:57 AM »
Im on the verge of getting some gig posters  .. But I dont want to go all out like I did with film posters .. I just want to collect a few that I really like .. But probably only from bands or people that I am into .. If I go after the artwork again Ill go broke and die alone !! :P

The Henry posters are from his spoken word tours .. I see him as often as he comes through .. Which is usually once a year .. Hes old school punk rocker and talks about his travels all over the world as well as politics .. Hes extremely liberal .. quite funny .. Overall just a great story teller!

This one is a Fairey piece..

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Music Stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 07:18:26 AM »
Love me some Henry.  I saw Rollins band back in 1996 on the End of Silence tour.  He is actually a pretty decent actor as well.  He was the only one in Johnny Mnemonic that could even pass as an actor at all, though that might not have been difficult given his competition.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »
LOL .. I dont know .. Sometimes I wonder if hes acting or they just put him in the "right" roles. Did you see him in the TV show "Sons of Anarchy" His personality fit the role great (minus the actual racism stuff) .. Ive meet him more than a few times now .. and to me his roles are "him" or a part of his personality .. LOL .. Minus the one time I saw him as a priest in some random film ..

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 04:05:47 AM »
I haven't seen Sons of Anarchy, but maybe you are right.  Isnt that what good casting is though, putting the right actor in the right role.  I mean, of course you are going to cast someone in a role that fits them.  Can you imagine Woddy Allen as Don Corleone?  What I do know about Henry is that he is a very intelligent dude,
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 06:49:55 AM »
Oh yes, no arguments there one I am a big fan ! Henry does his thing and he does it well ! :) Thats why i make it a point to see his show every year even if I have to travel to catch one. I nearly flew out to California one year but I didnt find out about the impromptu show until it was too late for me to get away and the cost of last minute plane tickets can be crazy :P 

easyenders

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 01:36:31 PM »
hey fallen, go onto NSF and there is a link on the Mondo thread from archie which gives a host of great movie and concert posters....i got some this morning. :)

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 07:48:20 AM »
I have his Get in the Van book. It is his journal from the Black Flag days. Really interesting read.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 09:07:03 AM »
Reggae Reggae Reggae Reggae, Reggae Reggae Reggae Reggae, (name that song)

This was a great gig, way back when I was a teenager..

not Reggae but ED K was one of the founding members of seminal Australian Punk band THE SAINTS

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!