Author Topic: Texas Chainsaw Massacre daybill  (Read 1430 times)

Pancho

Texas Chainsaw Massacre daybill
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
Nice collaborative effort!

I contacted eMovieposter about their TCM daybill listings as they had been showing them as a 1970s release. I was able to show where the film had first been passed for screening in 1984 and then Matt was able to do some more digging which has now resulted in the eMovie archive showing the following:

"An Original 1984 (from the first release of this movie in Australia) Vintage Theatrical Folded Australian Daybill Movie Poster."

"Important Added Info: This film had a difficult time getting a theatrical release in Australia. The Australian Film Review Board banned the movie for being too violent when it was first submitted for classification in 1975. It was submitted four more times (often with significant edits) from 1975 to 1981 but all were banned as well. Finally, in January of 1984, the film was given an R rating and approved for a theatrical release in Australia."

Kinda makes you feel good to help the collecting world fill in a gap  :)

If anyone has anything else to add please let me know here or write to matt at eMovieposter.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre daybill
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:19:50 PM »
I had always suspected the TCM daybill did not date to the same year as the US original release (being far too glossy for the 70s was one give away)
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre daybill
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 12:21:05 AM »
Nearly every one should be near mint as the screening was very limited. Not many posters were ever used.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!