Author Topic: Laurent Durieux  (Read 58228 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Laurent Durieux
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2015, 11:52:14 PM »
 clap clap clap clap clap

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2016, 10:03:44 PM »
Added this guy to my burgeoning Durieux collection...

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:52:01 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2016, 07:59:39 PM »
Added this guy to my burgeoning Durieux collection...
T

Very nice collection - I see you the Holy Grail "Jaws" , and the pier print. Nice, my two LD ISO's

I will have to post up my collection. not "quite" as good as yours!!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2016, 10:12:40 PM »
I guess I bought a few more since I last posted.  I added Days of Heaven, Edward Scissorhands and the two North by Northwest to the list above.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2016, 07:27:06 PM »
I have been trying to do a board of my prints 4 in line but I can't do it . Can anyone tell me how to get the prints in a line like you did??

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2016, 09:05:40 AM »
use the width and height , then put the image tags one right after another until you want to start a new row, then hit [enter] and start the next set of images.

Code: [Select]
[img width=300 height=300]www.movieposters4u.com/images/a/arrival2016adv.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:11:39 AM by ddilts399 »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »
Bought this one today...

T
My Personal Collection

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »
After Stout and Ansin, I think it's time to give Durieux his own thread.

My favorite:

The rest of my Durieux collection.  Post yours.

More to come, I hope.

T

You have my two biggest ISO's there (Pier Birds and Jaws). Nice collection. Will have to post mine but not sure how to post in a block like this.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
My Laurent collection.

Ok I tried doing a grid of them but didn't work. So hard to do that on this site, sorry....

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2017, 06:11:19 PM »
Nice selection.

Durieux is a little hit or miss for me.  I regret not purchasing the Iron Giant at the time.  I could have and didn't like the color scheme.  That was a mistake.  Not because it's now worth $800 but because it has grown in me.  I don't buy from scavengers, so I will never own it, unfortunately. 

Same with Metropolis, I guess.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »
Nice selection.

Durieux is a little hit or miss for me.  I regret not purchasing the Iron Giant at the time.  I could have and didn't like the color scheme.  That was a mistake.  Not because it's now worth $800 but because it has grown in me.  I don't buy from scavengers, so I will never own it, unfortunately. 

Same with Metropolis, I guess.

T

Ah, same happened me with Jaws and I was looking at it when it was up on the Mondo site and though Nah!! cause it didn't have the shark or anything on it that looked like Jaws. Silly at the time I thought it looked like a travel poster. Did I soon learn to regret that. Again, not just for the money but the poster instantly grew on me. I suppose we were still getting used to Laurent's style of posters at that time. I did the same with Moss's Star Wars set, didn't buy of Mondo and didn't want to pay $400 when Moss put his on sale. Biggest regret ever!!

Re Metropolis - my favourite LD print - and very different from his later style. It's beautiful..

guest4955

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2017, 04:24:46 AM »
No doubt LD is the “Elvis” of the 24x36 cosmos:

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2018, 08:35:57 PM »
I am interested to know what folks think about the recent release of one of the finest prints that Laurent has done to date. Really beautiful print of Breakfast at Tiffany's, that I would have owned (along with many others no doubt) but can't own it due to it's $900 price tag on a limited 250 edition release from Dominique Besson of Mondo Graphics in Paris.

There is a whole story here about why this was given such a price tag, and here is what Laurent himself says about it. This is what he said about the controversial sale on his FB page.

Dear friends,
fans and followers,

since I have not yet officially shared my thoughts about my “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” poster release and the very bad buzz this is creating. I thought it would be good for you all to know the back story of it all. I have seen many people complaining and being infuriated by the prohibitive price tag, even pointing fingers at me like if I had any responsability in how this is being handled!

As much as I understand everybody’s frustration, anger even and share their disbelief, I think it’s a shame people forgot about the actual cause this print was meant to be for. I would have preferred, like many of you suggested, to see this print being sold at a more affordable price as a timed edition by the “REAL MONDO”, giving everyone a chance to own a copy of the poster and ultimately grossing possibly more money in the kitty.

Unfortunately, as I tried to talk to Sean Hepburn Ferrer about the Mondotees option, he told me he had just signed a deal with Mondo graphics. My call came too late 🙁 …

I was not aware of this until very recently, long after I had delivered the piece. Sean had originally great plans, which had me excited about, of organizing several events in my hometown in Brussels (where his mother Audrey was born) including an exhibition, inauguration of a statue, and a charity event in which an auction would take place to sell 12 one sheet copies of my art printed in stone litho!! All of this to commemorate of the birth of Sean’s extraordinary mom here in Ixelles, Brussels, Belgium.

Unfortunately, after many months of hard work setting eveything up, and for several reasons out of Sean’s control, the whole thing was sadly cancelled.

Changing the poster release from 12 lithographs to a 250 screenprints being sold by Dominique Besson and his gallery in Paris at such a prohibitive price is something I don’t understand not just as a business plan but also for the fact that it antagonises the Mondo fan base completely. I guess he knows his business and client base better than me… Had I known this from day one, I would probably never agreed to take this path. There isn’t much I could have done at that point and, believe me, when Sean told me about his plan B, I knew this was coming…

Needless to say I wish Sean and the association EURORDIS (The voice of Rare Disease Europe) http://www.eurordis.org whom he has been the ambassador for for the last 5 years, all the success and as much money as possible to be raised. The cause is worth it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

LD

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »
I like it a lot.  I thought about pulling the trigger a bunch of times, and I might still do it, but the price tag is a little obscene.  I'd love to know how many have been sold.

Plus, I don't trust that Ferrer guy: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/02/audrey-hepburn-son-lawsuit-childrens-fund

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2018, 09:13:31 PM »
Also, part of the appeal of prints is to see them grow in value over time.  But at $1,100, and since it might never sell out, the chances that it will ever be worth more than the purchase price are slim to say the least.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2018, 04:43:42 AM »
It is lovely.  Really lovely.

Interesting story to it.

Thanks.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2018, 05:22:18 AM »
I really like the design. I bet it prints nicely too, that blue must pop.

The price stops me from buying it - too much for my budget.

Hypothetically, I think if it was a $60 release at that run size, in time, it may well get up to $900...so I suppose at least the charity are benefiting from charging that money from the start.

guest4955

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2018, 04:07:15 AM »
Just spotted this myself. TIMED SALE!!!!!!!!!  bed1 bed1

guest4955

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2018, 09:16:02 AM »
Still ze best!

guest4955

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2018, 12:46:50 PM »
https://www.slashfilm.com/laurent-durieux-mondo-show/

Artist Laurent Durieux Breaks Down Every Poster in His New Mondo Show
Posted on Friday, November 9th, 2018 by Jacob Hall

Laurent Durieux belongs on the short list of the best pop culture artists working today. His classical style, his subtle wit, and his attention to detail lead to posters that are often astonishing to behold.

Austin’s Mondo Gallery is playing host to Durieux’s latest gallery show, titled “The Art of Laurent Durieux Part Two”, which opens today and runs through November 17. We got in touch with Durieux and he supplied us with the inspirations behind and origins of every print on display and for sale at the show, including posters for Planet of the Apes, Ghostbusters, Apocalypse Now, The Shining, and more.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »
I told my guy to get me one of everything.  Then I got busy and lost track.  Can’t sait to see what he’s bringing.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2018, 09:19:34 PM »
I told my guyto get me one of everything.  Then I got busy and lost track.  Can’t sait to see what he’s bringing.

T

Yowza, T has started consigning AND hinting at his "tools and tricks" for acquiring rare MPs/Mondos CHEAP!?  :o :o

I got the POTA for $119, just LUUURV LD tooooo much  bed1

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »
Again Mel, I’m not selling.  I’m not in the selling business.

And regarding my tricks, it’s no tricks at all.  It’s called friends.  Fortunately, I have plenty of them.  You should try it sometimes.  Yes, there are still people out there who don’t care about making a quick buck flipping and get stuff for others at cost.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »
When did Mel become a 'guest'...? What did I miss?

PS Mel- don't think Jaws 2 will reach the initial Jaws aftermarket prices, I think we can safely say now.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2019, 06:16:35 PM »
Hey Ben, Mel was tired of being attacked and mocked for his comments by some members who make a hobby out of it and left once again.

His choice.

T
My Personal Collection