Author Topic: Wanted: Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy 1977re  (Read 5393 times)

zell

Wanted: Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy 1977re
« on: March 21, 2014, 10:41:01 AM »
Hi,

as the subject says, I'd like to buy a Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy re-release 1 sheet poster

It should be original, not a reprint, and it doesn't matter wether it has the PG logo or not.
There are a few on eBay, but I'd like to get one that meets at least 2 of the 3 following requirements:
- not folded
- seller is shipping from Europe
- very good conditions (no tears, stains, pin holes, tapes, discolored)

Thanks a lot!  bed1

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
Re: Wanted: Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy 1977re
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »
welcome1
And good luck in your search.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 02:09:51 PM »
An unfolded 1 sheet example of Barbarella is approaching unicorn status.  All posters before the early '90s were sent to the theaters folded.  The only opportunity for unfolded posters from this era are posters held back by studio people.  Some titles, such as Star Wars had special fan club editions, or sometimes studio editions that were sold rolled.  I don't think Bararella falls into either category.  Your best bet is to either live with the folds or try to seek out a linen backed copy where the folds have been flattened and repaired.

Take a look at this search.  http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/searchfield/title/search/barbarella/mode/0/tag/R77/archive.html  I could find 2 that were listed as unfolded, and one of them was actually trifolded instead.  Normal folding was tri folding along the long axis and one fold along the short axis.
-Jay-

zell

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 06:10:53 PM »
An unfolded 1 sheet example of Barbarella is approaching unicorn status.  All posters before the early '90s were sent to the theaters folded.  The only opportunity for unfolded posters from this era are posters held back by studio people.  Some titles, such as Star Wars had special fan club editions, or sometimes studio editions that were sold rolled.  I don't think Bararella falls into either category.  Your best bet is to either live with the folds or try to seek out a linen backed copy where the folds have been flattened and repaired.

Take a look at this search.  http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/searchfield/title/search/barbarella/mode/0/tag/R77/archive.html  I could find 2 that were listed as unfolded, and one of them was actually trifolded instead.  Normal folding was tri folding along the long axis and one fold along the short axis.

I guess it will be pretty difficult to find an unfolded one. Before entering the wanted message I did a quick search on emovieposter, and one of the first and most recent result that appear was an unfolded one for $130, so I thought it wouldn't be that difficult to get one. As you say,
by paying more attention to all the auctions however, it doesn't seem like there are many.

An unfolded would be optimal, but a folded one will do as well :)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 06:48:41 PM »
You might find a rolled one

zell

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 12:43:19 PM »
Ended up buying this for $125:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/ROGER-VADIM-JANE-FONDA-BARBARELLA-RARE-SEXY-ORIGINAL-US-POSTER-/380761431823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a7265f0f&autorefresh=true

It's not folded but was in Europe and looked in decent conditions. Will do fine until I can find a better one  ;)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 12:54:50 PM »
Congrats, Andrea.

Looks mighty fine and in really nice shape, too.

thumbup

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 01:12:32 PM »
Congrats on the pick up Andrea.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 08:08:59 PM »
Ended up buying this for $125:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/ROGER-VADIM-JANE-FONDA-BARBARELLA-RARE-SEXY-ORIGINAL-US-POSTER-/380761431823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a7265f0f&autorefresh=true

It's not folded but was in Europe and looked in decent conditions. Will do fine until I can find a better one  ;)

Are you still searching for a better copy of this one, Andrea?

-Jeff

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline movieart.com

• Collector
    • Kirby McDaniel MovieArt
Kirby McDaniel
MovieArt Original Film Posters
P.O. Box 50292
Austin TX USA 78763-0292
www.movieart.com
posters@movieart.com