Author Topic: Casualties of shipping  (Read 23005 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Casualties of shipping
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 03:17:33 PM »
Great looking quad, there, HD, and in beautious condition, too!  thumbsup.gif Glad to see that the seller followed thru and didnt cut any shipping corners.

Brandon.. sweet looking Brainscan lenticular. And with another good outcome to the shipping story. That green imagery in the center is cool and creepy looking at the same time. Does that image change, depending on the angle it's viewed at?

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 03:19:20 PM »
Smart move Brandon! Shipping that Brainscan would have been nerve-racking if left up to the sellers packaging. Nice hologram!!!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 04:08:20 PM »
Thanks, guys.  Yeah, it's one of those 80s/90s holograms.  A lot of stuff had this style, back in the day.  The image shifts as you walk past it, and it has a spooky, 3D look, which kinda goes with the classic movie.  I'll snap some better pics of it sometime.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2017, 07:15:47 PM »
I am really pissed off at FedEx.

My shipment arrived today from the Heritage Signature auction.  It has been raining here for a week now and everything is soaked.  Rain is coming down steady all day.

My house has an alcove for the porch where the door is set back 10 feet and covered.  The USPS always places my shipments between the storm and main door.  UPS always places them vertical against the back wall.

For the second time in the last 6 months FedEx has dumped the package flat on the sidewalk in front of the porch.  The envelope was absolutely soaked and the outer layer few apart as I tried to open it.  Fortunately, HA is pretty good at packing and the cards were inside of several layers of plastic.  No damage in the long run, but that is entirely thanks to Grey and crew.  FedEx should be ashamed.
-Jay-

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2017, 07:49:54 PM »
Whew the suspense was killing me. Glad it worked out and was nicely wrapped. Oh wait there is still the suspense of what you got from the signature auction.  thumbsup.gif

I have caught my postman twice now tossing a tube over my side alley gate. (Onto pavement And right side is a wide rain runoff gully)
     First time it was a bus shelter. It almost left his hands javelin tossing it when I called out. I wasn't rude but definitely explained that he is potentially fraking my posters at the end of their journey.....and reminded him the gate doesn't lock. He has used the gate before and knows me and three neighbors all get the packages here. It is interesting when the tossed packages prevent you from opening the gate :/ tube either roll into the gully or roll back to the tall fence gate.
So blah blah blah
     Second time he knocks on my front door. I walk 5 feet and open the door, as I walk I see him through the window already walking away, I fling open the door and there he is again tossing one of the two tubes over the fence.  I think I was more shocked how fast he did a "drive-by knock" on my door and manage to toss the first tube so fast. Honestly I was mad enough not to remember clearly what I said. I wasn't up in his face or yelling thankfully.
He just had the Oh Shit How Did He Open The Door So Fast Face. My mail is now always placed neatly inside my screen door under covered back porch as is all the neighbors packages. Only lost one poster to water (flatpacked and drank the water right up) Had some wet tubes but luckily they were thick tubes.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2017, 10:37:15 PM »
Whew the suspense was killing me. Glad it worked out and was nicely wrapped. Oh wait there is still the suspense of what you got from the signature auction. 

Glad you got your stuff sorted.  Fortunately for me, a FedEx delivery is rare here.
What I got.  Meet Me in St Louis title card and 2 lobbies.  I'm not at the level where I can brag about my wins. :)

-Jay-