Author Topic: Repro Aussie posters  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Repro Aussie posters
« on: February 20, 2014, 01:25:44 AM »
Ok I was going to comment in the Thai thread as THE RUNNING MAN daybill was mentioned but as I don't think there is a thread for it might as well start one.

More later but.

There is on fact a few titles from Australia that have been repro'd. Not many but THE RUNNING MAN is infact one.

Easy to spot but sadly I never got one to show you.

Here's the story.

Around about 2000 at fox studios on Sydney, I used to go there each weekend as my daughter did horse riding there.  Anyway they had a store that sold all sorts of junk for visitors including daybills.

At the time I was very broke and bloody horse riding was a little more than I could afford, so I never had the $6 or whatever it was to get an example of each title.

There was a running man daybill.  The art was different. The image of Arnie in the orange and green heat vision thingee was zoomed in so it was mainly his face. So easy to see the difference to the real daybill.

The other titles I'll have to think about. But there was ALIEN and as far as I could see was the same as a real one perhaps sans any printer info on bottom.

There is also a repro DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL daybill and maybe someone can link the page I did for Jeannie's authentication site ages ago. I'm on a telephone at the moment and typing this is hard enough.

Anyway more later and apologies if there is a thread already. Delete or merge at will.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Repro Aussie posters
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »
Although not titles I would be interested in still good to know and be aware of.  Need to have all your senses heightened when buyer paper :)

Here is the link to the 3 versions Day the Earth Stood Still daybill (2 authentic and 1 repro) discussion:

http://movieposterauthenticating.com/wordpress/day-the-earth-stood-still/day-the-earth-stood-still-australian-daybills/
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 07:12:44 PM »
Thanks for finding it Chris.

I bought one of the fake DTESS daybills out of curiosity by the way.

Shame I didn't buy the repros from fox studios though.

They were all rolled.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 09:20:47 PM »
Thanks for finding it Chris.

I bought one of the fake DTESS daybills out of curiosity by the way.

Shame I didn't buy the repros from fox studios though.

They were all rolled.

Did they seem to be the same size for an original Ari?
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 09:32:52 PM »
Yep and perfect print quality. All sharp. Somewhere I have a list of titles but dog knows where.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 10:52:33 PM »
Yep and perfect print quality. All sharp. Somewhere I have a list of titles but dog knows where.

Damn Fox studios meddling in daybill purity
Chris