Author Topic: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!!  (Read 7372 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!!
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 06:04:24 PM »
Looks like that one bid that was there earlier is NO MORE. It is back to the original opening bid and BIN figures.

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 06:25:29 PM »
Looks like that one bid that was there earlier is NO MORE. It is back to the original opening bid and BIN figures.

I reported his listing. I think he thought it was me bidding because he said he was having my bid retracted lol. I wouldn't bid on that. He also threatened to have me kicked off ebay. The guy is a total douchebag and asshole

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »
Here is the last conversation I had with this douchbag and I hope you don't mind Jeff but I brought your name up.
But I am done with this conversation. All you can do is act like a child and cannot be professional. I do not know why anyone would want to buy from some as childish as you. Enjoy your life and one day you may feel regret for selling fake items to hard working people or you may not. Who knows. Oh and it is spelled Bela Lugosi not Bella Lagosi ( in your conversation with Jeff) Maybe you need to go back to school and learn how to spell.
Take care.

Mirosae

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2014, 07:30:36 PM »
Must have been his long lost half uncle

this made me LAUGH (and the whole thread too...) what a pain in da neck

Grandpachief

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 09:50:29 PM »
The prices have been lowered... $350.00 opening bid... or $550.00 BIN

Down from the original $495 open/ $850 BIN.

hmmmm... what's happening?  ;)

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »
The prices have been lowered... $350.00 opening bid... or $550.00 BIN

Down from the original $495 open/ $850 BIN.

hmmmm... what's happening?  ;)

I think he is finally realizing what he has isn't an actual lobby card to the actual set. I honestly think it is fan made or even just a fake in general. The guy is a damn retard and enjoys playing childish games. He likes to throw out insults to when you tell him that it is not a lobby card that goes to the original set of 8. You should report him to ebay Jeff for trying to sell you the card outside of ebay. I believe that is against ebay policy.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 12:03:52 AM »
I think he is finally realizing what he has isn't an actual lobby card to the actual set. I honestly think it is fan made or even just a fake in general. The guy is a damn retard and enjoys playing childish games. He likes to throw out insults to when you tell him that it is not a lobby card that goes to the original set of 8. You should report him to ebay Jeff for trying to sell you the card outside of ebay. I believe that is against ebay policy.

Randy, I think this guy just doesnt know up from down, when trying to pull a fast one.. And it makes him look stupid. I asked twice about that 9th card and got NO direct answer.. and u got lambasted, it sounds like, with rude replies and comments.. when u asked the same thing. The guy sounds like an ungreased hinge. lol.

What are the rules for a seller to offer outside of an auction? I have no clue. I know that sellers were not supposed to ask to have auctions ended early or to make some offer outside of the auction itself, while one is live, either.

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 12:16:33 AM »
If you were not aware the #9 lobby cards are well known.  I thought there was a more thorough write up somewhere that had all the cards done listed but I can't find it right now so
here is Bruce's description of what they are:

Note that some 20 years ago a fan created a series of "Fantasy #9" lobby cards, which were reproduction cards from great 1950s sci-fi movies showing a large image of the title monster (they made these cards by combining an existing lobby card with a great 8x10 color still!). Most sets from 1950s sci-fi monster movies did not include a great card, and some did not have any cards showing the monster! These "Fantasy #9" cards look just like originals, except they are extremely glossy on front and back. I believe they sold for $25 each when they were first created, and have been sold out for many years!
Chris

Bruce

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 12:29:41 AM »
I think this is all of them:

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2014, 12:34:08 AM »
What is your opinion on this then Bruce?

Chris

Bruce

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2014, 12:38:24 AM »
I never saw it before, but I would guess it is some fan created Frankenlobby. We would have to see it out of the frame (front and back) to have a better opinion, and even then it would be much better to see it in person.

I recently auctioned a set of repro lobby cards from The Mummy, on photo paper. I had not seen those for sale before, either, but they sure weren't 1932 originals!

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2014, 12:45:42 AM »
I never saw it before, but I would guess it is some fan created Frankenlobby. We would have to see it out of the frame (front and back) to have a better opinion, and even then it would be much better to see it in person.

I recently auctioned a set of repro lobby cards from The Mummy, on photo paper. I had not seen those for sale before, either, but they sure weren't 1932 originals!
Yeah those were mine lol. I picked them up from some guy in California for a few bucks. But I would agree Bruce that this is created by a fan. I told the guy that this had to be some sort of fan creation or a fake and once I told him that all hell broke loose. Glad I haven't heard back from him lol

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 12:52:04 AM »

What are the rules for a seller to offer outside of an auction? I have no clue. I know that sellers were not supposed to ask to have auctions ended early or to make some offer outside of the auction itself, while one is live, either.

Jeff here is the policy overview. Which he clearly violated by saying you could send him a money order or cashiers check. And if it was bid on that he would send it back to you. To me that is doing business outside of ebay. But that is just my view on it and you have the original message from the douchbag so I think you would be the only one that could do anything about it. But I would if I were you. I already reported the listing.
Policy overview

We don't allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay. Also, members can't use information obtained from eBay to contact each other about buying or selling outside of eBay.

If you receive an offer to buy or sell outside eBay, please report it.

Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2014, 12:52:27 AM »
This lobby card was designed by us exclusively for Julie Adams to use for her public appearences

Interesting Steve - so this must be a stray that wasn't signed
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 12:52:53 AM »
And here is the set of original 8 Creature LC:

And thnx Randy, for the Policy overview.  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:54:20 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2014, 12:53:45 AM »
Could this answer it? It's a bit confusing to me:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREATURE-FROM-THE-BLACK-LAGOON-LOBBY-SCENE-CARD-9-JC-HAND-SIGNED-JULIA-ADAMS-/161211798530?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2588f8d402

Could be the answer. Is that his fake 103 year old grandfather bought one of these for an appearence or some shit. Who knows lol.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2014, 12:55:30 AM »
Regardless of eBay's rules and policies offers to buy outside of eBay happen all the time and are part of the game.

Although it is more difficult now with not being able to share e-mail addresses easily via eBay messaging (there are creative workarounds)

And what happens quite a bit is a deal is worked out and then the auction is listed as a Buy It Now - which of course means the buyer must be VERY quick to click that button!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2014, 12:56:03 AM »
Someone should send that #9 card auction to the 103 yr old's grandson.

That would make his head spin... LOL

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2014, 01:09:54 AM »

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2014, 01:31:12 AM »
Regardless of eBay's rules and policies offers to buy outside of eBay happen all the time and are part of the game.

Although it is more difficult now with not being able to share e-mail addresses easily via eBay messaging (there are creative workarounds)

And what happens quite a bit is a deal is worked out and then the auction is listed as a Buy It Now - which of course means the buyer must be VERY quick to click that button!
The way around it is use ebay mobile to send the email address. If you do it from a computer it will not let you but I have sent it from my phone many times and it worked just fine. This is true that this happens all the time. But I think Jeff should do it just because the guy is a douchebag.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2014, 01:32:14 AM »
Someone should send that #9 card auction to the 103 yr old's grandson.

That would make his head spin... LOL

Go for it Jeff he might backlash on you.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2014, 01:51:57 AM »
Go for it Jeff he might backlash on you.

Or spit green pea soup or something.  :P

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2014, 02:01:31 AM »
LOL yup
GIFSoup

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2014, 01:13:41 PM »
IIRC there were only 5 ''#9'' cards originally, created by a restorer in SoCal, Jamie Hernandez possibly (but don't quote me). He use to advertise them in Movie Collector's World.  At the 2nd Famous Monsters Convention in LA in what, 1992 or 93, he was selling all five for 100 bucks. They were limited to 200 each I think. I also believe that the WotW was not part of the original deal but came later from some one else (again, no quotes).  The flood of new "#9" cards started a few years back as digital got better* and closer to the original reproductions were possible^.

But the seller is a loon, that you may quote me on.

*See, Haggard, Kerry.
^ See, Haggard, Kerry.
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.