Author Topic: My only advertising poster  (Read 18270 times)

spacething

My only advertising poster
« on: May 08, 2010, 07:31:41 AM »
Here's a fun one.  A poster advertising "Heroes of the Blues" trading cards illustrated by Robert Crumb.  I bought two of these from a record store.  This is the better one, the other one is less colorful and looks a little sun-faded.  Either that or it's from a different print run.

Dr Hackenbush

Re: My only advertising poster
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:04:55 AM »
I have the card set  ;D  I also have Crumb's "Heroes Of Jazz" card set, too.  Been a fan of Crumb's work for years

spacething

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »
I have the card set  ;D  I also have Crumb's "Heroes Of Jazz" card set, too.  Been a fan of Crumb's work for years

Oh nice!  That's a sweet set to have.  Did you see Crumb's "Book of Genesis" that came out?  I didn't get a chance to look through it, but I heard it's pretty unsettling in some parts.  But then again, it's Crumb!

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
He did a one day signing to promote that book.  He stipulated that he'd only sign a copy of "Genesis" and nothing else.  Well, someone was able to finagle Crumb to sign other books for some friends of mine.  I didn't find out about this affair until it was too late or I'd have sent the guy one of my Crumb comics to get signed.  Still kicking myself for missing out on that

spacething

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »

Oh man!  Yeah it would've been nice to get his signature.  You never know though, there might be another opportunity.  You would probably love that record store where I picked up the poster.  They're all about Crumb.