Author Topic: Edge's Lenticular Collection  (Read 47703 times)

Mirosae

Re: Edge's Lenticular Collection
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2015, 04:01:13 AM »
Oh...that's quite something. Not what I collect but I can certainly appreciate it!
Congrats..

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2015, 01:32:48 PM »
Very nice Jason, I'd buy that myself...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2015, 01:50:19 PM »
Thanks everyone. Its got that extra pizzazzz. Skyjackers was helpful enough to say he has seen it around before. So set your search lists. Its no sin city but it'll tide me over for now.

USMC8808

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2016, 01:39:41 AM »
Slightly off topic, but I have 2 of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Lenticulars. Both are about 1/4" thick. One has a very smooth back while the other has some very shallow dimples. (dimples have no effect on the poster from the front)  Both arrived in the original "studio" packaging. Has anyone seen something like I described? Any clue what could have caused it? Just a manufacturing glitch?

Offline MoviolaLenticularPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2016, 07:02:34 AM »
Sounds like its just a manufacturer issue. Not all lenticulars are perfect.
nothing in my opinion too worry about.

• Beginner
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2016, 11:59:21 PM »

Jason do you want to buy a French Final Destination lenticular complete with newspaper clippings and crossword attached to the back!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2016, 01:28:11 AM »
.... I am still shocked by your latest aquisition. A free crossword puzzle in your Final Destination lenticular wasnt what you were expecting.

• Beginner
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2016, 01:42:19 AM »
A bit of literature never hurt anyone. I'm so angry. This guy doesnt listen he was told not to touch them and he acknowledged it but decided to do his 'restoration' anyway.

USMC8808

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2016, 11:54:30 PM »
The Green Hornet Lenticular is pretty darn AWESOME!!!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2016, 11:43:33 PM »
I spy new guy USMC8808 posting! Good job! And picking Jason's thread to visit/post on shows you have taste. I love his stuff too. AMAZING collection!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2016, 02:02:29 PM »
 I sure have slacked off on this thread....not many newer releases.

Slightly off topic, but I have 2 of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Lenticulars. Both are about 1/4" thick. One has a very smooth back while the other has some very shallow dimples. (dimples have no effect on the poster from the front)  Both arrived in the original "studio" packaging. Has anyone seen something like I described? Any clue what could have caused it? Just a manufacturing glitch?

USMC8808 are the dimples small air bubbles? its it a smattering of a dozen small ones  or is the entire back surface seem to have a pattern of dimples with no air bubbles (rippling)?  Love this lenticular and Halloween is coming up soon.   

I spy new guy USMC8808 posting! Good job! And picking Jason's thread to visit/post on shows you have taste. I love his stuff too. AMAZING collection!
[/b]

DITTO! and looking forward to your Nightmare before Christmas lenticular!!! Now that the Youtube embedded vids work for ya again hopefully you can post a video of it! 

Heres one new one not seen in the previous pages on this thread.

Lights Out Lenticular

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 12:31:39 PM by jedgerley »

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2016, 01:30:37 AM »
Ooooooo... I'm digging on the LIGHTS OUT lenticular. It's now officially on my radar. Thanks for posting it .
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2017, 09:39:51 PM »
And my worst nightmare has come true...Dropbox no longer allows me to link pictures to APF. All my posts to APF have vanished. Many 100's of photos...ouch.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2017, 10:23:36 PM »
yeah, thats a shitter, i gave up on the free stuff long ago. Not that the 4.00 a month stuff is much better, but i get sqlserver, asp.net support, mailboxes and all that good stuff in addition to unlimited traffic and disk space (supposedly, never tested the bounds of that one)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2017, 10:59:35 PM »
And my worst nightmare has come true...Dropbox no longer allows me to link pictures to APF. All my posts to APF have vanished. Many 100's of photos...ouch.

UGH!!!  :'(

How long ago did they warn you of this impending doom?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:36:08 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2017, 01:49:24 AM »
I think it was a 2 or 3 month warning.

guest4531

« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2017, 06:55:21 AM »
No more "shared folder", so no more hotlinking as geek call it.  Hotlinking is to upload an image in a server and use the URL to show the image in other servers (it is bad for the first server, it uses resources and no hits).

Too bad !!!  Since that day when Google killed Google Reader, I learned that fully relying on free platform sucks.

And the bad news for you and APF is that there is nothing you can do for all your previous posts.  For new post, Dropbox recommends you to use the share link (photo will not be visible, user will have to click to view image on Dropbox website).

But lot of images are disappearing on this forum with time, even mine disappeared because I changed name of my folder on Pinterest.

Any solution for APF to make sure images are there.  Well, there are a few.

- First one, easiest one, if APF can afford extra data usage and space, they can allow pictures to be uploaded directly on their server.

- The other method, more tricky and time consuming, is basically to ask users to upload picture not on their respective platform but on ONE platform which is shared by everybody... like using a free platform or file repository online and give access to share album or whatever to members here so that they can upload stuff...

1. Create or open a wordpress but exclusively with private access (wordpress or something else).
2. Register users in wordpress and provide password to user.
3. User BA writes a post on APF and want to attach a picture.
4. He goes to the wordpress, create a post in which he upload the pictures, then get URL of the post
5. Back to APF, he post the URL of photo just like before.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2017, 12:34:35 PM »

Hey Jason,

I just went up to your most recent post above, that had imges and went to look at the actual gif ang jpg urls directly and both gave me a 404 error saying that the file was gone or moved. Did you (or did they) dump your picture library or main folder with all the imagery?

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2017, 01:48:23 PM »
The photos are all safe and sound in their respective folders on dropbox but all the links have changed. Looks like I am still able to hotlink. But all the old hotlinks are no longer working. Kinda makes no sense that they still allow me to hotlink but killed off all the old links. I am sure it was an incredible load to dropbox's bandwidth and server resources. But damn if I can still hotlink now are they going to do this again to me in the future?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2017, 02:27:34 PM »
The photos are all safe and sound in their respective folders on dropbox but all the links have changed. Looks like I am still able to hotlink. But all the old hotlinks are no longer working. Kinda makes no sense that they still allow me to hotlink but killed off all the old links. I am sure it was an incredible load to dropbox's bandwidth and server resources. But damn if I can still hotlink now are they going to do this again to me in the future?

Thats a drag. I was hoping, based on what BigBoss said, that if your image urls were taken out of the img tags, then we could all just click and look directly, via dropbox. Seems that wont be the case. Grrrr.  :-\

And yeah.. that is really too weird that u can hotlink new stuff. Are they playing cat and mouse, or what?  stickpoke.gif
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 02:28:36 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2020, 12:54:19 PM »
Test 2.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 01:03:37 PM by jedgerley »