Author Topic: Wolverine Advance (2013)  (Read 3346 times)

Charlie

Wolverine Advance (2013)
« on: January 08, 2014, 11:01:28 PM »
Are there matte versions or art print versions of this poster?  Like on textured paper? And who was the artist?  Sorry if I am behind...

guest8

Re: Wolverine Advance (2013)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:08:13 AM »
I can probably pull mine out later this evening .. but if I recall correctly the white areas were matte and the black was glossy and seemed somewhat raised up off the paper a bit. If you want me to snap some pics or get mine out just bump this thread or shot me a PM after 6pm EST and Ill get mine outta the flat file. :)

Charlie

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 07:56:41 AM »
I can probably pull mine out later this evening .. but if I recall correctly the white areas were matte and the black was glossy and seemed somewhat raised up off the paper a bit. If you want me to snap some pics or get mine out just bump this thread or shot me a PM after 6pm EST and Ill get mine outta the flat file. :)

Right.  This is what I recall on the poster I just picked up.  I was just wondering if there were some produced on textured paper like the sumi-art paper or card stock...  The poster is printed to look like that type of paper, just wondering if any were made that way. 

I shot an e-mail to the company who did the poster requesting the artist, so stay tuned!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:10:48 AM »
Mine has the same texture as fallenangel1 describes too. I don't know if the version with the title on it is different perhaps?

I like the poster, wish they did some of the other characters in one sheet size too (instead of bus stop size which costs too much to post to the UK!)

guest8

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 08:22:32 AM »
Right.  This is what I recall on the poster I just picked up.  I was just wondering if there were some produced on textured paper like the sumi-art paper or card stock...  The poster is printed to look like that type of paper, just wondering if any were made that way. 

I shot an e-mail to the company who did the poster requesting the artist, so stay tuned!

Ok I gotcha .. youre just looking to see if they exist. Id venture to guess not, but you never know! Studios have wasted money on some weird stuff before so why not this! :)

Charlie

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 09:14:47 AM »

Well, I got a super nice response!

-----

Hi Charles,

I am humbled that someone is interested to find out who did the Wolverine artwork.  I take it as a compliment.  LOL
To answer your question that would be me.   My name is Suren Galadjian,  I am an illustrator here at BLT COM. 
It was a great pleasure to work on Wolverine poster I must say.  I  hope you enjoy it.

Thank you
Suren

-----
So you dealers may want to add "Suren Galadjian (BLT Communications)" as the artist on your listings...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 11:11:03 AM »
Nice detective work CHARLES ;)
Chris

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 08:33:47 PM »
Nice job Charlie!

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »
Well, I got a super nice response!

-----

Hi Charles,

I am humbled that someone is interested to find out who did the Wolverine artwork.  I take it as a compliment.  LOL
To answer your question that would be me.   My name is Suren Galadjian,  I am an illustrator here at BLT COM. 
It was a great pleasure to work on Wolverine poster I must say.  I  hope you enjoy it.

Thank you
Suren

-----
So you dealers may want to add "Suren Galadjian (BLT Communications)" as the artist on your listings...

Hey, you could ask her about the Dark Knight Armed Joker one sheet!!!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 06:31:48 PM »
Hey, you could ask her him about the Dark Knight Armed Joker one sheet!!!

Good thinking, Dave.
I wrote to them twice with no response.
But it sounds like Charlie has the inside track.

Thanks for the artist info, Charlie.
I have updated my Tumblr posts on the series.

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 06:55:53 PM »
Good thinking, Dave.

Thought it said Susan!

I emailed them too but got nothing.

Charlie

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »
Good thinking, Dave.

Thanks for the artist info, Charlie.
I have updated my Tumblr posts on the series.

I sent an e-mail of thanks and asked what else he had worked on - nada...  Maybe I just got lucky!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »
I sent an e-mail of thanks and asked what else he had worked on - nada...  Maybe I just got lucky!

Send him a link to the DARK KNIGHT thread and let him know it is a long-running mystery many of us would like solved.
While he might not have worked on it, it is credited to BLT Studios where he works.
 cheers

Charlie

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 09:25:05 AM »
Send him a link to the DARK KNIGHT thread and let him know it is a long-running mystery many of us would like solved.
While he might not have worked on it, it is credited to BLT Studios where he works.
 cheers

The guy never responded to my follow up e-mail... 

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 03:58:17 AM »
Well, that sucks.
Thanks for trying, Charlie.