Author Topic: The Bold and the Beautiful  (Read 9769 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
The Bold and the Beautiful
« on: April 29, 2010, 08:12:34 AM »
I love movie posters, but sometimes it is difficult to hang them anywhere public without noted disapproval from the wife.  I don't think I will have any problem with this piece entitled The Bold and The Beautiful.

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Carson

Re: The Bold and the Beautiful
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »
 wow1

Really nice, Schan.

Is it truly oil on stretched canvas or something other? Really exceptional piece. Thanks for sharing it.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:48:11 AM »
Giclee printed canvas stretched over a frame and then hand accented with acrylic paint.  edition of 5.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:02:41 AM by kovacs01 »
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 01:24:25 PM »
Very nice, Schan.  I really like the choice of color across the forehead and cheek.  Striking...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »
Schan, looks like your portrait could really be inspired by the Videodrome poster in your avatar?  Quite a resemblance...
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
Very nice, Schan.  I collect art myself, and it's always very nice to see what appeals to other people, and why it does.  Why leads to my question: What does this piece mean to you?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 08:54:03 AM »
Chris: You are right, and I actually did not notice the resemblance until I posted and saw it right next to that poster.  It is very close.

Thierry: What this says to me is focus in the face of chaos.  There are chaotic colors and elements throughout, but the eye is pure focus.  Some have interpreted it as the "bold" in this work is in reference to the red on the left side and that she "Van Gogh'd" herself.  I did not see it that way, but as you said, that is one of the great things about art.  It speaks to everyone in a different way.

Schan
Schan
My Poster Gallery