Author Topic: !FREE STUFF THREAD  (Read 75015 times)

linder1

!FREE STUFF THREAD
« on: April 25, 2010, 10:58:13 PM »
Even though it's free material, given recent SENSITIVITIES I'm posting this here.  Maybe this will become a lively thread.  I know I have a lot of freebie quality material laying around and I suspect I'm not alone.

So here are my "free" terms:  for these items send me $6 for postage in the US b/c I'm going to put these in between cardboard and put them in a priority mail envelope or equivalent.

My Left Foot chirashi:

and a couple of Naruto pamphlet type things:

Take one or all, the marginal cost is zero.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: !FREE STUFF THREAD
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 08:19:54 PM »
I'm giving away 75 pretty decent posters.  That's right, giving away gratis.  You must pay actual cost of shipping - at this point I will estimate $10 per tube but more posters means more weight.  I'm not trying to make any money but I certainly don't want to lose any.  Here is the site:

http://web.me.com/alphamel1968/POSTER_NIRVANA/Free_Posters.html

Please send me a PM with your list IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE.  Please only request posters that you want for your personal collection and you intend to keep it for at least one year - NO FLIPPERS.  Please request a minimum of 5 but no more than 15.

Really I would prefer to ship to US only at this point - it's a major hassle to ship to international destinations and impossible to predict the shipping price.

All posters in VERY GOOD TO GOOD condition and are original UNLESS otherwise noted.  SS=Single sided, DS=DoubleSided F=Folded, R=Rolled.   I am giving away duplicates or posters I no longer want.  I trashed all reprints and poor quality posters, so there’s no junk here, although a couple of the older posters are in "fair" condition.

Please DO NOT ASK about condition or for a picture of a particular picture.  It’s been a huge pain organizing this and I’m tempted to trash the whole lot, so please give me a break.  If I’ve used a generic picture, I assure you it’s in good condition.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:30:47 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 06:14:02 PM »
This is a 20"x30" Cuban silkscreen SS print for the Three Musketeers. I don't think it's from 1976 but I'm sure it's from Cuba - the seller was a former Washington Post reporter who imports prints directly from Cuba.  

I paid $60 for it but never really loved it for some reason. (Maybe because it's so different from my other posters.)  I stuck it in a frame and forgot about it. When I found it and pulled it from the frame it had slight - and probably permanent - compression waves in certain places from being framed long-term.  (You can't see them well in this picture).  It's printed on high quality acid-free paper.

So if you want it - and can live with a bit of crinkling - it's yours for actual cost of postage.  Send me a PM telling me why you want it, e.g. "I've always wanted a Cuban poster"; "my wife is Cuban and would want this as a gift."  I'll give it to the person with the most interest.  (And usually only one or two people want this free stuff anyway so it's not really much of a contest.)

P.S. If this post is still up, it's still available.  If it's gone, I'll delete this post or update this thread.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:30:12 AM »
Free Heritage July 2012 catalog for the first person to post in this thread (no emails), plus actual postage.  It's pretty heavy, so I'd expect $10 US and $15-$20 international.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:30:29 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Bruce

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »
Mel, the Cubans on stark white paper are reprints from the 1990s. The rare originals are on a creamy textured paper and are usually found in lesser condition.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »
Free Heritage July 2012 catalog for the first person to post in this thread

Bruce just won the Heritage catalog!  :D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
I'm giving away 75 pretty decent posters.  That's right, giving away gratis.  You must pay actual cost of shipping - at this point I will estimate $10 per tube but more posters means more weight.  I'm not trying to make any money but I certainly don't want to lose any.  Here is the site:

http://web.me.com/alphamel1968/POSTER_NIRVANA/Free_Posters.html

I dont think your hosting site was too fond of your collection

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »
How much is it to buy them from HA now? I actually was looking to get one since I won one of the posters.

Bruce

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »
They will surely give you one for free if you ask. And now that you spent a bunch, you will get every new one forever.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »
Bruce just won the Heritage catalog!  :D
Well done Bruce,you're a shark at this game.  ;)

Stew

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
I still think an annual charity fund raising event could be a good thing.
Who cares what the charity is..I have a few Quads I would gladly include every year.

Stew

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »
They will surely give you one for free if you ask. And now that you spent a bunch, you will get every new one forever.

I asked, they said it would be $25 PLUS $5 for shipping. That seems a bit excessive for a single catalog for an auction that is over now.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »
I asked, they said it would be $25 PLUS $5 for shipping. That seems a bit excessive for a single catalog for an auction that is over now.

Dear Grey - I just spent $5K on the [insert poster] at your auction, I wonder if you could throw in for free a catalogue of that auction so I can have it as a keepsake coffeee table memento of my purchase. Love Enki.

If they don't send you one...tsk tsk tsk
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:37:31 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
Dear Grey - I just spent $5K on the [insert poster] at your auction, I wonder if you could throw in for free a catalogue of that auction so I can have it as a keepsake coffeee table memento of my purchase. Love Enki.

If they don't send you one...tsk tsk tsk

Or how about I add:

P.S. - After the auction, and after your Heritage Live site told me I had won, it later changed that status to "OUTBID, Sorry you did not win". A follow-up call to your Dallas HQ yielded even more aggravating results, where one of your CSRs told me that my bids somehow "weren't valid" and that someone else bid and won the item for the exact same price that I bid. She further stated that, even though the live auction screen said I won and that it wouldn't have let me bid again (since it thought I was the high bidder), none of that matters since my bids "didn't count". After first saying that a floor bidder was the winner, changing the story half way through the call to say another Heritage Live bidder won, she further went on to say that no supervisors were available because it was after 4PM in Dallas and they all went home. When I finally asked politely, which was quite difficult as I was livid at this point, for her to check the time stamps of the bids, she magically found a supervisor who said he would "look into it first thing tomorrow morning". Fortunately, my wife was also on the phone with someone at the Beverly Hills office who pulled a manager off of the auction floor, who looked into the problem and realized that one of your employees screwed up and entered the winning bidder ID incorrectly in one of your two systems. They fixed the problem, and I was declared "the winner", but only after about 30mins worth of aggravating mis- and incorrect information. I feel a free catalog is more than fair as a gesture of consideration for the ordeal you put me and my wife through. Thanks.

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 04:05:49 PM »
I shot Gray an email. Let's see what he says.  ;)

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 04:21:50 PM »
 pcorn
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Juli

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
I always wanted a free Heritage catalog, especially the one where they sold the posters of that historic find in Pennsylvania where they found all those early 30s posters. Amazing to hear they charge so much for them even if you bought something in their auction!

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »
I always wanted a free Heritage catalog, especially the one where they sold the posters of that historic find in Pennsylvania where they found all those early 30s posters. Amazing to hear they charge so much for them even if you bought something in their auction!

I know. We get a few other auction catalogs, and while some charge a small fee to cover expenses, it's usually something like $20 for a year. It is after all a sales catalog. And while it's primary purpose (to get your to buy things at the auction) is over, now any extra they have on hand are basically trash - outside of being useful for people who already gave them money.

Let's hope Gary does the right thing :). I'll let everyone know when/if he responds.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »
Let's hope Gary does the right thing :). I'll let everyone know when/if he responds.

Might want to spell his name correctly first...
David

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »
Might want to spell his name correctly first...

rofl1

Bruce

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »
You can have the one I won from Mel for posting first, if Gary doesn't respond.

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 07:14:52 PM »
James
I would be very happy and anxious to send you a catalog! It will go out first thing Monday morning and thank you for participating.
Please contact me in the future with any inquiries or concerns.
Sincerely
Grey Smith

woohoo

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »
OK chumps, my catalog is going to Juli. 

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »
You can have the one I won from Mel for posting first, if Gary doesn't respond.

Gary, whose Gary?