Author Topic: Polish Posters  (Read 48989 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Polish Posters
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2018, 01:35:09 PM »
no, you was too busy looking at MM ;D (and she is in 7YI clothes, not monkey business ones)

That's what made me think 7YI, too, with the poster using that image of MM from that flicker, rather than one from Monkey Business.  8)

-Jeff

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2019, 06:53:41 PM »
i have 3 polish posters up at the moment - note lack of frames, i just use mylar sleeves and have got used to it ;D

That's actually a good idea, I may try that if only I could get some myler sleeves in the UK. Anyone know where to get decent sleeves (or similar) in the UK for this purpose.

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2019, 07:18:03 PM »
The UK equivalent of Mylar is archival polyester and you can buy sleeves and pockets from Prervation Equipment Ltd.

Mark

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2019, 07:23:27 PM »
Not posted any Polish posters for while so here are the ones I have purchased over the last year. Have you noticed how popular the Polish posters have become over the last couple of years  that I can't afford the ones I really must have these days. Anyway, here's a few: Not particularly well known films (some you will never have heard of) but I buy for the art and price.

Poor Rich (Biedni bogacze), (Dir: Frigyes Ban, Hungary, 1961) Designer: Andrzej Onegin Dabrowski, 1961 (A1)

An Event (Zdarzenie / Dogadjaj), (Dir: Vatroslav Mimica, Yugoslavia 1969). Designer: Zygmunt Bobrowski  year: 1969 , (A1)

How Far, How Near (Jak daleko stad, jak blisko), (Dir: Tadeusz Konwicki, Poland, 1971)  Designer: Wiktor Gorka, 1971 (A1)

The War of the Worlds  1990  Artist: Pągowski Andrzej

Pan Samochodzik i Niesamowity Dwor, Poland 1987, Dir: Janusz Kidawa. Artist: Elzbieta Mikulska

Fapados Szerelem / Gorsza milosc, Hungary 1960, Dir: Felix Mariassy.  Artist: Jan Slomczynski

Danka, Bulgaria 1952 Dir: Boris Borozanov, Ivan Fichev, & Kiril Ilinchev.  Artist: Witold Chmielewski

Mikolka-Parovoz / Maly Bohater, Russia 1956, Dir: Lev Golub. Artist (unknown)

Czerwone Berety (RED BERETS),  (Poland 1963)  Artist: Jerzy Flisak (1965)

Isten Hozta Ornagy Ur (TOTH FAMILY), (Hungary 1969)  Artist: Jerzy Flisak (1969)

Alyoshkina Lyubov (ALYOSHA'S LOVE)  (Poland 1961)  Artist: Jerzy Flisak (1962)

DAVID COPPERFIELD  (1972 GB, Dir: Delbert Mann). Designer: Eryk Lipinski.

GUIDE FOR THE MARRIED MAN  (1969). Designer: Jacek Neugebauer

KOMEDIE S KLIKOU (1965 Czech film, Dir, Vaclav Krska).  Designer: Liliana Baczewska.

IT STARTED YESTERDAY (1960 Polish film), Designer: Eryk Lipinski

That's all in this post but going to do another post for the landscape ones that I have bought last year. My favourite from this batch is "Danka"

Enjoy

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 07:43:43 PM by poster art »

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2019, 07:24:32 PM »
The UK equivalent of Mylar is archival polyester and you can buy sleeves and pockets from Prervation Equipment Ltd.

Mark

Thanks I will look into that. I bet being archival they are surely expensive?

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2019, 07:41:56 PM »
Here's the landscape ones I bought last year.

Die Ehe der Maria Braun (The Marriage of Maria Braun"), 1979 Rainer Werner Fassbinder. Art by Andrzej Pagowski.

AND THE SHIP SAILS ON, 1985 Federico Fellini, Designer Walkuski! 

LAST METRO (Le Dernier Metro) (1983 France, Dir Francois Truffaut).  Designer: Marek Freudenreich.

Die Unendliche Geschichte (THE NEVERENDING STORY), (German/USA 1984)  Artist: Wiktor Sadowsk (1986)

PEGGY SUE GOT MARRIED (1987 USA, F F Coppola), Designer: Michal Piekarski

LEGEND OF THE ICY HEART (1960, Russian film, Dir, Aleksey Sakharov & Eldar Shengelaia). Designer: Jan Slomczynski!

Filght for Moscow (Bitwa o Moskwe, part 2 - Thunder). (Russia, Yuri Ozerov 1985), designer: Andrzej Pagowski (1989).

Tanie Pieniadze, Poland 1986, Dir: Tomasz Lengren,  Designer: Antoni Chodorowski

Otchiy dom / Tania i jej matki (A Home for Tanya), 1959 Russia, Dir: Lev Kulidzhanov. Artist: Jerzy Cherka

Ernst Thalmann - Son of His Class, East Germany, 1954 Dir: Kurt Maetzig. Artist: Waldemar Swierzy

That's it, so hope you peeps find some of these interesting art. My favourite one in this batch is "A Home for Tanya"

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2019, 07:45:41 PM »
I love love LOVE Polish posters.  Keep them coming!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2019, 10:38:38 PM »
Hi Poster Art!  My favorites you posted are Never Ending Story (reminds me for some reason of a lost scene from Yellow Submarine); War of the Worlds (I'm not exactly sure what's going on in this poster, though it's wildly spooky); and, Tanie Pieniadze (really nice line art).  Thanks for posting!   Okie

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2019, 07:18:58 AM »
Hi Poster Art!  My favorites you posted are Never Ending Story (reminds me for some reason of a lost scene from Yellow Submarine); War of the Worlds (I'm not exactly sure what's going on in this poster, though it's wildly spooky); and, Tanie Pieniadze (really nice line art).  Thanks for posting!   Okie

I agree about Tanie. Very different to your normal polish poster and got it very cheap as no one else wanted it@!

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2019, 02:38:32 PM »
That's actually a good idea, I may try that if only I could get some myler sleeves in the UK. Anyone know where to get decent sleeves (or similar) in the UK for this purpose.

mark is right about preservationequipment selling them

mine, those on the left were second hand from ebay, the right are from Secol - i bought a packet of 10 since money is tight, i 100% recommend keeping your posters in them
(secol do print their name on the pocket but it is easily scratched off with your nails, leaving no trace)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2019, 08:50:01 PM »
mark is right about preservationequipment selling them

mine, those on the left were second hand from ebay, the right are from Secol - i bought a packet of 10 since money is tight, i 100% recommend keeping your posters in them
(secol do print their name on the pocket but it is easily scratched off with your nails, leaving no trace)

do you have a link for Secol - are they another company in the UK redman? Which are best or most economical cost wise. I really need some desperatey expecially for some of my 24 x 36 screen prints, I have too many Polish posters to put them all in sleeves it would cost me a small fortune.

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »
i gave a link in my post ;)
i imagine polyester is polyester (mylar is mylar) so there will be little difference between companies that sell it, i just chose Secol because they sell A1 sleeves in packs of 10. i think these will be too small for your screen prints so you will have to check for other sizes or go bespoke (a minimum order of 50 probably required, so not so cheap) 

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2019, 08:46:20 PM »
i gave a link in my post ;)
i imagine polyester is polyester (mylar is mylar) so there will be little difference between companies that sell it, i just chose Secol because they sell A1 sleeves in packs of 10. i think these will be too small for your screen prints so you will have to check for other sizes or go bespoke (a minimum order of 50 probably required, so not so cheap)

Thanks Redman - I can see the link now - didn't notice it was a hyperlink there before . cheers

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2019, 01:59:16 PM »
i felt a little sad when m.legrand died recently and intended to put up some posters related to him. being a bit lazy i have only just done this
i have had the polish poster for les parapluies de cherbourg for more than ten years but this is the first time it has been on my wall
i remember feeling underwhelmed with it when i got it but now i think it is not so bad
i've paired it with the czech version, a 9/10er all day long

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2019, 11:25:17 AM »
i felt a little sad when m.legrand died recently and intended to put up some posters related to him. being a bit lazy i have only just done this
i have had the polish poster for les parapluies de cherbourg for more than ten years but this is the first time it has been on my wall
i remember feeling underwhelmed with it when i got it but now i think it is not so bad
i've paired it with the czech version, a 9/10er all day long

Really like the Polish one. It's on my wants list now. thanks for posting.

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2019, 03:48:08 PM »
just put up Polish Cat Ballou by Witkor Gorka

*embarrassing confession - when i first saw this film i thought to myself that blokes got a good voice and it wasn't until i saw the end credits that i realised what i div i was  :-[ ;D

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2019, 12:26:55 AM »
just put up Polish Cat Ballou by Witkor Gorka

*embarrassing confession - when i first saw this film i thought to myself that blokes got a good voice and it wasn't until i saw the end credits that i realised what i div i was  :-[ ;D

Redman, Are you saying you thought Jane Fonda was a man?  Good grief!   I remember seeing this movie at the Drive-In Movie Theatre in Wichita, Kansas. It must have been a later release as part of a double feature.  Your cool Polish poster looks like Cat better watch her aim!  Okie

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2019, 01:57:59 PM »
Redman, Are you saying you thought Jane Fonda was a man?  Good grief

no! i failed to recognise NKC but i'm not as keen on crooners so i can live with it

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2019, 09:43:59 PM »
If this is an appropriate place on the forum to do so, I would love to hear others' recommendations for any sites that specialize in Polish or Czech movie posters.

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
^Terrys  are kings for czech. they only sell if they have more than one copy so a lot is reference only :(
TheArtofPoster, in warsaw, are good people

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2020, 04:55:24 PM »
2 Wilders

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2020, 06:23:13 PM »
Wow, I think that Monroe is pretty cool, Redman!  Okie

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2020, 07:55:29 PM »
Wow, I didn't even realize The Apartment was distributed in Poland.  Nice pick ups!

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2021, 07:52:25 PM »
Not posted any posters for ages with the lockdown and lack of UK Quads around so been buying a few more Polish for my collection over the last year. Here is some of the ones I picked up over the last 6 months or so.

Malzonkowie roku II ) (English titles "The Swashbuckler"/The Scarlet Buccaneer / The Scoundrel).

Juha (Maria z KRainy Jezior)

NIE MA POGRZEBÓW W Niedziele, ( No Funerals on Sunday )

Under the Volcano (Pod wulkanem)

Sexmission (Seksmisja)

Tale of the Forest Giant

Olsen Gangs Big Score

Woman Times Seven

ONE OF THOSE THINGS

Prvnacek (Sztubak)

Uncle Vanya (Wujaszek Wania)

Marzenie (Circus Boy)

Unusual Voyage of Mishka Strekachyov

Fort Eureka (Eureka Stockade)

Niepotrzebni Moga Odejsc (Odd Man Out)

Walkower (Walkover)

Losy Kobiet (Nigorie)

Dziewczyna na miotle (Girl on the  Broomstick),

Pod Niebem Sycylii (In Nome Della Legge)

Zlaczeni Losem (United By Fate / Together)

and finally one that I have been after for ages, eventually managed to fall into my lap!!!

Moje Wlasne Idaho (My Own Private Idaho)

Hope you guys like them.. Welcome comments.

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2021, 07:58:30 PM »
Whilst I appreciate the artwork on Polish posters, somehow they mostly make me feel sad.
Regards

Ian