Author Topic: Cinebarre's giant posters  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Zagnut

• Beginner
Cinebarre's giant posters
« on: November 13, 2018, 03:57:03 PM »
My local mall recently opened a Cinebarre theater concept.  For those not in the know, it's just like watching a movie at home while eating, except there it's way more expensive and you're surrounded by other people complaining about their food during the film and drinking too much alcohol.

Anyway, my local paper had a story about it, extolling how it was "revolutionary," and mentioned that the theater had classic movie posters all over the walls.

That was enough for me, so I stopped by one day to see what they had.

As you can see in the pics below, the posters are super-sized and highly pixelated.  Note how they're cut off and missing much of the text.

Posters at my location: Star Wars, A Clockwork Orange, Flash Gordon, Bullitt, Enter the Dragon, Evil Dead, Jaws, Dr. No, King Kong, Pulp Fiction, Bwana Devil, and a few more.

Wondering if the same posters are shown at other locations, or if they're different.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Cinebarre's giant posters
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 11:52:28 PM »
What size would you guess the frames/posters to be, dimension-wise

-Jeff

Offline Zagnut

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 12:54:41 AM »
Good question.  In the Flash Gordon poster you can see a door to the right of it, which I'd guess to be about 8 feet tall.  So the poster size is more than 8', with a width of around 4'.

When I went there I was expecting a standard theatre frame size, not these monsters.

Kinda sucks they went to the trouble of making them giant-size, but screwed up the proportions and image.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 01:14:26 AM »
I didnt realize that was a standard door next to the FLASH GORDON poster.  faint2.gif

If they are as cropped and pixelated as you describe, it sounds like they took a digital image file to some printer and said to just blow it up big to fit those frames. Probably cheaply done, too.

-Jeff