Author Topic: Miscellaneous Wanted  (Read 9123 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Miscellaneous Wanted
« on: April 22, 2010, 08:06:59 PM »
WTB these James Bond 1980 RESTRIKES (not originals) in exc. condition for approx. $50 each:

WTB these posters ONLY ONE SHEETS (except GWTW) (no banners), preferably double-sided, in exc. condition, price to be negotiated based on recent AUCTION prices.

Some of these are hard to find and I've looked in the obvious places:

Night of the Living Dead - Kilian mylar

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: Miscellaneous Wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »
Aeon Flux was a comicon poster and only SS, the Clerks 2 was only available in large format in the US, ditto the Batman and Robin.

agentprovocateur

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 04:50:16 AM »
Hmmm don't quote me on it but I don't think there were any official 'character' 1-Sheets for 'Matrix Reloaded' that had all of the face showing, including Persephone. The full face posters I'm pretty sure were reprints, single sided and under sized (I never got one so will not say definitely!).  It was a long time ago buuut... ahhh just remembered, the only official 'character' posters with full faces that I found were four Irish 40"x60"s (Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Smith) and I never managed to get them! I found one guy on ebay selling the set but mid negotiation they upped and disappeared.

Hope that helps and let me know if I'm wrong!

Here's a pic of the Trinity version...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:22:42 PM »
Aeon Flux was a comicon poster and only SS, the Clerks 2 was only available in large format in the US, ditto the Batman and Robin.

Thanks for info about Aeon & Clerks but Heritage definitely sold all the Batman & Robin character OS sheets last month here.  I missed that auction.

www.movieart.net

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
MovieArt Austin has the Persephone poster from MATRIX RELOADED, but it's part of a group of posters from that film.

Kirby McDaniel
www.movieart.net

agentprovocateur

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 01:08:34 PM »
Fantastic, I love being proved wrong ;D

Kirby, I just went to your website and searched for 'Matrix', 'Reloaded' and 'Matrix Reloaded' but nothing cam up! Did the Dread man beat me to it or am I doing something wrong?

Feel free to pm if you have any Matrix goodies.

AP

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:16:07 PM »
Yeah, hold the phone here, I thought all the full head shown were reprints as well?? I know from my theatrical contacts, I only got the ones with the top of the head chopped off.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »
Full heads ARE reprints.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 09:55:22 PM »
Full heads ARE reprints.

I think you're right that these are commercial.  Since Heritage sold one a while back, I thought they might be originals.  Looks like they got the size wrong ("27x41") wrong too.

You can find the reprints on France Ebay too:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:11:45 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 09:58:45 PM »
I think you're right that these are commercial.

I KNOW I'm right.  Trust me on this one, they're commercial reprints.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

www.movieart.net

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 09:48:06 AM »
Agentprovocateur,
No one beat you.  It's not on the website.  Please e-mail me for details: kirby@movieart.net

www.movieart.net

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »
What MovieArt has a set of the advances including the holofoil teaser.
I don't really want to break up this set.  Condition is very very nice, but not absolutely
perfect.  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:26:25 PM by www.movieart.net »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 08:32:19 AM »
I'm looking to buy the English language (Australian/British/international/whatever) versions of these Indiana Jones posters - one sheet style only, no daybills/quads.  

The "jungle style" Aussie OS sold for $75 (US) recently on Aussie EBay.  The whip style has sold for less, $50-$70.  

So that's the ballpark price range, although I might go somewhat higher just to finish my Indy OS collection:

Aussie "whip " style OS:

British "jungle" style OS:

Aussie "jungle" style OS:

Recent auction:

My current Indy OS collection - am I missing any other OS other than the two above?

guest8

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 10:12:34 AM »
LOL .. Harrison Ford is your man crush isnt he ?? ;)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »
Fallen, you've outed me!  Damn you!!!

I demand that you give me your Lilly/Parnassus poster to pay for the emotional distress you've inflicted.

But hey man, even Hugh Hefner admitted crossing the line in the 1970s.

Now how 'bout somebody help me resolve my issues by selling me these posters....

guest8

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 11:53:55 AM »
LOL .. Lilly is prolly one Ill hold on to unless someone comes at me with an obscene amount of $$$ .. This in my mind is probably one of the only ones we will ever see .. So i know if I let it go now Ill never ever own it again .. So I want it to be worth it for me ..

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 12:02:46 PM »
LOL .. Lilly is prolly one Ill hold on to unless someone comes at me with an obscene amount of $$$ .. This in my mind is probably one of the only ones we will ever see .. So i know if I let it go now Ill never ever own it again .. So I want it to be worth it for me ..

You should explain the full story on the Unicorns thread.  From rumor, hearsay, and various and sundry whisperings I've heard that only three of these have leaked out....

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:26 AM »
Look at my Clear and Present Danger quad Mel,Mr Ford looking all smouldery and Presidential.

No collection would be complete without one  :P

Stew

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 12:23:03 PM »
Hey, Mel.  You did miss one, the UK One Sheet for Raiders...
The art is by Bysouth and it is cool...
This is a stock photo (haven't shot mine yet)...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 11:04:01 PM »
My current Indy OS collection - am I missing any other OS other than the two above?

Check my Indy collection for other international styles.  I am missing 5 or 6 posters, and I know exactly what they are, but unlike you, I don't advertise what I'm looking for.  Sorry.

http://www.eatbrie.com/Indy.htm

T
My Personal Collection