Author Topic: Why does the email system here blow?  (Read 3006 times)

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
Why does the email system here blow?
« on: September 22, 2013, 05:35:06 AM »
So I hate to harsh on a system that I don't have to pay to use, but does the email system here have to be as hard as it is?

Case in point, I got a few people (and their orders) mixed up, because my inbox doesn't separate different "threads".  All emails from all users just gets dropped in my inbox, regardless of subject.

In addition, I have to remember to "select" the checkbox to have sent mails sent to my sent folder.  Why isn't this just automatic? 

I just think it's a huge pain in the ass, and I am starting to ask people to just send me emails directly, as that way I can have separate discussions going, and both my inbox and outbox folders are fully searchable.  It's just way easier in my opinion.

Thanks!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: Why does the email system here blow?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 07:55:26 AM »
The Mail system here is more for Quick Notes to each other. If we get involved in conversation or trading, we always use our own emails. Which is why a lot of us have them on our profile..

It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Why does the email system here blow?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »
I would think emails to one's primary email address would be the more reliable method of communicating, especially with people sending orders or inquiring about posters to purchase. The message system here is very good, IMO, and works like a charm. Receiving a notification to my regular email address that someone has written here is also another feature that I really like.  thumbup

As far as that box you must check - once it is selected and marked, it remains selected always. I  have had mine set that way for well over a year, so that all of my sent PMs are retained there.

And if I have wanted to have more detailed "discussions" with other APF members, we have emailed back and forth, using our regular email accounts.

Good luck!

-Jeff