Author Topic: Bruce's packaging  (Read 12876 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Bruce's packaging
« on: December 18, 2009, 12:27:25 AM »
I want to seize this opportunity to congratulate Bruce's team for their amazing packaging.  I have bought a lot of posters over the years, and no one compares to these guys.  They even carve inside the flat cardboard boxes to include extra copies of their books.  I mean, this is art, and it needs to be brought up.

Thierry
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Bruce's packaging
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 04:28:15 AM »
superior.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »
Alright .. Bruce is great !! But theres a few people I have shipped to and I never get any props .. And I feel I package very well ! :P

Keep up the awesome work Bruce !! ;D

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 01:04:07 PM »
I half expect my latest shipment from Bruce to show up wrapped in stainless steel mesh over mylar in a kevlar tube with titanium end caps.......not really, but it is obvious they strive for that level of quality.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »
Is it possible to post some kind of tutorial (a visual one would work best) on how to properly pack items for shipping, both rolled and folded.  I haven't won anything from emovieposters yet, so I'm kinda clueless as to how well they pack.  I think for someone like myself that's  completely new to the hobby, it would be an invaluable resource.  If there's a link that provides this that would work, too

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »
I bough only few times from Bruce. It was very good packing, sure.. But I know others who do good, if not much better packaging.

as for instructions on packaging here is one:

http://www.polishposter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SHIP

It is my old packaging. Right now I am doing this little better ;)

K.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 02:21:53 PM »
Is it possible to post some kind of tutorial (a visual one would work best) on how to properly pack items for shipping, both rolled and folded.  I haven't won anything from emovieposters yet, so I'm kinda clueless as to how well they pack.  I think for someone like myself that's  completely new to the hobby, it would be an invaluable resource.  If there's a link that provides this that would work, too

Someone needs to get Leiberman over here.  He has a great tutorial about packing.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 02:24:45 PM »
Is it on his site?  And thank you for the link, Krzysztof

wonka

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:41:06 PM »
My favorite Bruce packaging memory was when I managed to finally comprimise the rocket tube my posters were sent in, and as I was unrolling the barrel wrapped in that thick painter's drop-cloth, a t-shirt fell out.

The shirt depicts some dude smoking pot and a chick dressed in a little nothing, from some old poster, obviously.  It's nuts, I will post a pic later...I wear it sometimes and people just stare at me.

Bruce

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 08:30:17 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words. Our packaging is the result of buying from others for 40 years, and being extremely frustrated at all the poor packers at there. And by the many sellers who first show an interest in their customers concerns AFTER they start complaining! While there ARE many sellers who pack well and have good customer service like we do, it is difficult to tell the good ones from the bad in this faceless Internet world, where someone may have an elaborate website, but may only be a one-man operation (or may even be the same dealer who ripped you off last month!).

We treat our buyers exactly the way we want to be treated when we buy something online, and I think that clearly shows.

Bruce

movieposterodyssey

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 08:11:27 PM »
If you could only teach Mondotees your high quality packaging skills,Bruce.All would be right with the world.

Anthony

guest8

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 02:47:35 PM »
I think Mondo just needs better ends on their tubes .. Over all they arent that bad .. I got a poster one time loose and unbound in a USPS triangle tube :P

movieposterodyssey

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 07:42:34 PM »
Unfortunately,I've also been victim to the triangle tube with an unbound poster inside,Fallen.Poster was destroyed of course. :'(
Haven't got a triangle tube in years .Knock on wood...

Yeah,I guess mondo's tubes themselves aren't so horrible but,I'm not a fan of the telescopic tubes.
A smaller diameter tube with the right cap would be nice.

Anthony

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »
Bruce's packaging and Customer Service is A1!!   ;D ;D ;D

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 10:45:35 PM »
To me, worth bringing up again after all these years. Emovieposter's packing is awesome: sturdy tubes; poster protected inside brown paper; brown paper wrapped poster inside plastic to prevent any chance of rain damage; price to ship too low for me to figure out; and, ain't no way those tube caps are coming out with the excellent tape job holding them in. Thanks, Emovieposter team!  Okie