Author Topic: Great Collections  (Read 7452 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Great Collections
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 12:51:36 AM »
I've been wanting to get to Ron's store, too, over in Hollywood. I just haven't gotten there, yet. Even just to say hello, and take a look-see.

Margaret seems very gracious and has always replied and answered any messages I have sent to her.

There is actually not much to see at the store.  Plus, he doesn't open every day so check before you go.  Ron is super nice, and if you love posters, he'll love you.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 04:45:53 AM »
Ron and Margaret are great folks.  I've known them for years and when I'm in LA, I get to live on their couch.  Words cannot express what their house is like.  To wake up in the early am hours and have all the early Unis emerge from the darkness is a sight to behold.  By all means, never, ever turn down an invite.
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 08:19:21 PM »
Ron and Margaret are great folks.  I've known them for years and when I'm in LA, I get to live on their couch.  Words cannot express what their house is like.  To wake up in the early am hours and have all the early Unis emerge from the darkness is a sight to behold.  By all means, never, ever turn down an invite.

No doubt Lynn.
The first time I went there I am not sure how many times I had to be picked up off the floor, simply amazing.
Can't imagine having an invitation to go and not accepting, it's just incredible to see such beautiful pieces all together at once.
You can sit in the living room and stare all day.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »
No doubt Lynn.
The first time I went there I am not sure how many times I had to be picked up off the floor, simply amazing.
Can't imagine having an invitation to go and not accepting, it's just incredible to see such beautiful pieces all together at once.
You can sit in the living room and stare all day.

I did not - not accept it.  Other things happened and I forgot about it.  Believe it or not, but there are other things in life than posters. 

Or are there?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 08:32:51 PM »
I did not - not accept it.  Other things happened and I forgot about it.  Believe it or not, but there are other things in life than posters. 

Of course there are - in fact I think you and I are in agreement about two of those things.
Accepting doesn't mean going that day, but it is certainly something that if you make time for it in your schedule you won't regret it.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 10:25:58 PM »

T

Sounds like you smoked too much that day
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 10:53:51 PM »
Sounds like you smoked too much that day

That day?
My Personal Collection

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 11:00:11 PM »
Pass to the left please.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 02:06:20 AM »
Puff....

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 10:41:04 PM »
Be still my beating heart...

bed1 bed1 bed1

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 10:49:21 PM »
Ha, I remember these pictures.  I never made it to his house, though.  He invited me a bunch of times, I talked to Margaret a bunch of times, but I never found the time or energy to make it to the Valley.  Oh well...

T
My Personal Collection