Author Topic: Have you any idea what this poster is!  (Read 40165 times)

klassy

Have you any idea what this poster is!
« on: August 07, 2013, 05:38:38 AM »
Hello, I have just joined the forum and this may be in the wrong place. Do you know anything about this poster, who it is by and what it is about. I have tried all searches on google and get nowhere.. the poster measures 24.5 x  38 inches or 66cm x 97cm it is on thick board. Thank you if you can provide any info. Have added a clickable link.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pantech1/media/03%20oct%20%202012/L1040763_zpsdf18d3e0.jpg.html

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Have you any idea what this poster is!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 11:01:41 PM »
I don't have a clue as to the origin of klassy's poster, but what truly puzzles me is that not one single APF member responded to this new member's query.
This post was read 413 times and no one even welcomed klassy to the forum?
Seriously, what gives?
This new member seems to have given up APF as of August 20.
Was this a technical glitch or are we becoming like that other forum that everyone here snipes?
For shame.
 nono

Charlie

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 11:17:34 PM »
I don't have a clue as to the origin of klassy's poster, but what truly puzzles me is that not one single APF member responded to this new member's query.
This post was read 413 times and no one even welcomed klassy to the forum?
Seriously, what gives?
This new member seems to have given up APF as of August 20.
Was this a technical glitch or are we becoming like that other forum that everyone here snipes?
For shame.
 nono

I never saw this one in my unreads Ted...  Maybe a glitch.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:18:23 PM »
Ted to be fair 'klassy' probably should have posted in the Welcome! section.  I am sure lots of "welcome aboards" would have followed...
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 12:15:14 AM »
Ted to be fair 'klassy' probably should have posted in the Welcome! section.  I am sure lots of "welcome aboards" would have followed...

Chris...  'To be fair,' it was read 413 times.
And Charlie, I've been gone a month and I am wading through pages and pages of unreads and that is how I found this one.
I'm not saying that anyone here is required to respond to a post or a new member, but I have read many posts decrying the other forum for doing the same thing -- ignoring new members.
That shit shouldn't sail here.

You should all email him a welcome at klassy@blueyonder.co.uk 
I just did.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 12:59:32 AM »
I missed this post as well but I sent him an email welcoming him to the forum. I ask him a bunch of question about the poster to see if we can figure out what the hell it is that he has.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03:15 AM »
I missed this post as well but I sent him an email welcoming him to the forum. I ask him a bunch of question about the poster to see if we can figure out what the hell it is that he has.

Good on you, Randy!  thumbup thumbup

Charlie

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 01:11:54 AM »
Good on you, Randy!  thumbup thumbup

Well if three emails doesn't bring him back.. Still haven't figured out his poster though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:12:13 AM by Charlie »

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 01:16:58 AM »
I have been trying to find something similar to what he has but I cannot find anything. I think more pics are needed. Also he says it is thick. Is it cardboard, or is it mounted to something. I think there are a lot more questions that need to be asked and answered. But by the looks of it and the size it almost seems to be some sort of commercially produced item.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 01:24:34 AM »
Well if three emails doesn't bring him back.. Still haven't figured out his poster though.

Attaboy, Charlie!  thumbup thumbup thumbup

klassy

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 09:41:16 AM »
Hi everyone, I have not disappeared. Just had my 60th birthday and decided to set up a home music recording studio to keep me off the streets( I have spent hours trying to get things working).
       Thank you for all the replies and I should have posted in the welcome area when I joined. Have added some more photos, the poster is stuck on about an 1/8th of an inch thick card.. There are no names ,dates or other indicia. The measurements are 24.5 x 38 inches or 66cm x 97cm
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pantech1/media/03%20oct%20%202012/L1050600_zps2fd931cb.jpg.html
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pantech1/media/03%20oct%20%202012/L1050603_zpsc7292256.jpg.html
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pantech1/media/03%20oct%20%202012/L1050606_zps0f266a48.jpg.html
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pantech1/media/03%20oct%20%202012/L1050601_zps39cf6f5a.jpg.html
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pantech1/media/03%20oct%20%202012/L1050602_zps6eb2cc29.jpg.html
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pantech1/media/03%20oct%20%202012/L1050605_zps42609ee7.jpg.html

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 09:46:39 AM »
 welcome1 Klassy. I must have searched an hour or more trying to find it in Google but also came up with nothing. Where did you get the poster?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:49:22 AM by 50s »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

Nice work Teddy Bear ;)
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 01:00:34 PM »
Welcome klassy and happy 60th!
Maybe one of our wonderful members can find some info, but I suspect that what you have is some sort of obscure commercial print or even a homemade collage.
Let's see what we can find.....

klassy

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 01:04:14 PM »
welcome1 Klassy. I must have searched an hour or more trying to find it in Google but also came up with nothing. Where did you get the poster?

I have searched evrything I can think of, all the wording, different artists, photographers and trawled through ebay and nothing but I am sure I have seen this before. I bought it at auction with other posters (James Dean Elvis etc. and a pastel drawing of Eric Clapton)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »
Welcome, Klassy...and enjoy apf...  :)

Your poster is a collage (and not film-title specific). In looking at your poster, there doesnt appear to be any printer's info or other markings (that I can see) on the bottom or any other borders. It also looks like it was attached to a thicker piece of layered cardboard that is now separating a bit at the top edge (per your one image).

Maybe this was made by a local artist somewhere and a small number was produced. The images of MM, and the others as well as the text are all meant to mean something as a whole.. but what that is, remains a mystery..lol.

Just to be sure.. is there any fine print along any border? Or maybe the artist's name written somewhere--maybe more hidden near the bottom or edge? If so, this could help solve the mystery of your poster.

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »
I searched for awhile last night and could not find anything. But like I said it almost seems like a commercial poster of some sort. It is just weird that we cannot find anything else on this. Like Jeff stated it could have been produced by a local artist in a small amount. But I think it is a commercial poster pasted to a piece of cardboard. Oh and Happy Birthday Klassy.
GIFSoup
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:51:35 PM by rdavey26 »

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 02:05:03 PM »
I agree, it's a commercial poster, and I'm sure I've seen it before, back in the mid 70's. Usually they had a company name somewhere, but not always. I remember some that you could win at the fair grounds/travelling fairs had No info at all. I do have some kicking around somewhere, though not this design.

And well sorted out Ted, though to be fair, quite a lot don't bother coming down here. I haven't been down myself for quite a while...

And a belated  welcome1  Klassy, hope you had a good'un, I'm catching you up rapidly. :-\
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »
Hard to say for sure, but without any info printed on the poster I would lean more toward an artist creation.Usually,anything commercial with Monroe's or any icon images will have some marking indicating such.

Or a restorer did it.Dario himself has dabbled in collages.

Anthony