Author Topic: NIGHTMARE-Alain Bourgouin- Poster Science -London  (Read 46662 times)

Eye Sea

Re: NIGHTMARE-Alain Bourgouin- Poster Science -London
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2013, 06:02:35 AM »
Last night I finally got my poster back with the much appreciated help of Jeff, Rosa and Louise. Louise (Alain's ex) sorted it out and handed it over not Alain. 

Although I repeatedly told Alain not to complete the work he did so anyway, I guess so he doesn't have to refund me.
His attitude has had a really negative effect on me and made me loose a bit of faith in humanity but luckily Jeff, Rosa and Louise
have restored some of that and I can't thank you enough, without you I don't think I would have got my poster back.

Alain shouldn't be able to continue trading and needless to say I wouldn't trust him with a blank sheet of A4 let alone something I value.

Thanks again for all your help

James

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2013, 06:11:56 AM »
Good to hear that you got your poster back James. There are other restorers out there that I would recommend. Dario being one of them. He does an excellent job. He is located in Canada. But glad you got your piece back  happy1
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:12:18 AM by rdavey26 »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »
That's great James
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2013, 12:18:36 PM »
Last night I finally got my poster back with the much appreciated help of Jeff, Rosa and Louise. Louise (Alain's ex) sorted it out and handed it over not Alain. 

Although I repeatedly told Alain not to complete the work he did so anyway, I guess so he doesn't have to refund me.

His attitude has had a really negative effect on me and made me loose a bit of faith in humanity but luckily Jeff, Rosa and Louise
have restored some of that and I can't thank you enough, without you I don't think I would have got my poster back.

Alain shouldn't be able to continue trading and needless to say I wouldn't trust him with a blank sheet of A4 let alone something I value.

Thanks again for all your help

James

Such good news, James. Glad to hear that his ex assisted, too, in you getting them back.

What is interesting is that his MO was the same with you, as with others. Even tho you asked him NOT to touch your posters or do any more work on them, he did, using this reasoning as THE reason not to have to give you a refund of any kind.

His professional behaviour on all fronts is outlandish. He should NOT be doing business, and treating (as well as IGNORING) customers and their requests of the work to be done, and in this case, NOT to be done, to their posters.  moron1

At least you got them back.

Even tho you asked him not to do further work, were you at least happy with those results?

Or does this last bit of work he did look rushed and somewhat sloppy?

Jeff

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2013, 01:05:54 PM »
I am delighted to hear that James. I know how it feels when things like this happen to you. I just hope your posters were returned in a better shape than mine. Anyway. Happy for you. Enjoy them!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »
Nice stuff James...and well done the other guys for helping out.
David

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2013, 09:39:04 AM »
Oh dear - he is still not sorting himself out is he...

By the way, Louise Lee is superb.  She has framed three things for me and is spot on, both professionally and from a talent point of view.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »
Oh dear - he is still not sorting himself out is he...

By the way, Louise Lee is superb.  She has framed three things for me and is spot on, both professionally and from a talent point of view.

Indeed. It sounds like he is doing very little "sorting" of any kind.

Re Louise: That is well and good, (and thank goodness she has had the good, common sense to aid people in getting their posters back), but the point of this thread is to let others know that Alain Bourgouin has damaged and done poor quality poster restoration work to at least 2 APF members' posters.

I would be willing to bet there are many more out there (non APF'ers) who have also received the same improper treatment, lack of professionalism & communication and mishandling of their posters by him, as well.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:02:45 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »
 I just hope that those who are considering Alain's services are aware of what he is doing, he should be avoided unless you want to fall under his trap: Get the money, rush the job and hide.

As other have said, he needs to sort himself out. Let's hope he does.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »
I just hope that those who are considering Alain's services are aware of what he is doing, he should be avoided unless you want to fall under his trap: Get the money, rush the job and hide.

As other have said, he needs to sort himself out. Let's hope he does.

Perhaps part of his "sorting himself out" will involve well deserved, partial refunds to those affected.

One can only hope, right?

;)

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »
indeed...

Mirosae

« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »
I now have been contacted by 4 more of Alain's
" victims "  :-\ it seems that his studio in Clapham Jc London is being sold. And he has moved to somewhere in Kent.

I will ask his ex bussiness partner if I can post here her contact details, so  those affected can contact her directly.

Could a mod please let me know if it will be Ok posting her details here too? Of course subject to her agreement / consent.

Thank you. :)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2014, 04:30:47 PM »
Rosa - maybe safer to just post a name along with an e-mail address or phone # instead of complete details?
Chris

Mirosae

« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2014, 04:33:09 PM »
Exactly..an email is what I had in mind...but thought it would be best to ask before posting.... :)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »
Exactly..an email is what I had in mind...but thought it would be best to ask before posting.... :)

Smart lady
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2014, 05:03:54 PM »
Rosa, I do think it may be wiser to ask people to email you privately, rather than
just posting to a public forum. You can then vet the people who contact you, and if
happy, email the details...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2014, 03:24:41 PM »
I agree with Paul.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
Or something like that...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
Yeah - the pertinent part of the 'Ex business partner' is the "Ex".

So, I wouldn't post her details on any forum.  You are likely to get bad press for your efforts and in the end, just as much reaction to people's problems if she ends up in going underground.

Mirosae

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2014, 03:27:47 PM »
Thanks all for your thoughts- very helpful..

I was hoping to post her email ONLY if she agrees to that. I just don't want to be acting as Alain's intermediary anymore. I am glad to be of help, and hope that those reading this post might get all the help they need..but no longer directly from me. I just wish to get Alain off my back.... I need to find a way to do this without being directy involved.. I just had enough of him..really.. :-\

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:28:36 PM by Mirosae »

guy85

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »
Hello –

Had to register on the forum as I am another having problems with Alain Bourgouin.

After being recommended by John Jones framers over a year ago I have only had problems. He has had a very expensive poster for this time and repeatedly promised to do it. I paid him cash before work under the impression that it would be finished in a months time. Over the course of the year he has promised to do it numerous times. As he has now moved to Kent I have been trying to get my poster back. I would like to go there any collect it myself and get my money back but can not get his address.

Can others give me any advice how to get my poster and money back? I am thinking about contacting Citizen Advice Bureau.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:23:53 PM by guy85 »

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2014, 06:31:02 PM »
Hello –

Had to register on the forum as I am another having problems with Alain Bourgouin.

After being recommended by John Jones framers over a year ago I have only had problems. He has had a very expensive poster for this time and repeatedly promised to do it. I paid him cash before work under the impression that it would be finished in a months time. Over the course of the year he has promised to do it numerous times. As he has now moved to Kent I have been trying to get my poster back. I would like to go there any collect it myself and get my money back but can not get his address.

Can others give me any advice how to get my poster and money back? I am thinking about contacting Citizen Advice Bureau.

Send Mirosae a private message I believe that she has Alain's partners info and you could try to get your poster back that way. Or maybe his partner knows where he is at. But send Mirosae a Private Message and get the details. Hope that helps and sorry you had problems with this low life. OH and welcome1.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:31:36 PM by rdavey26 »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2014, 06:32:25 PM »
 welcome1, Guy, to APF, firstly.

Hopefully, with the word being out there, he (or his physical studio address) can be tracked down and made public. Reading these horror stories about this guy is mind numbing. He's had your poster a YEAR --you paid a deposit up front, and the he pulls this kind of nonsense?  moron1  

And what gave him the right to carry yours (and everyone else's) posters off to Kent, in the first place? He should have contacted anyone whose posters he has and allowed them to come and get them, (if they so chose), or said it was OK for him to take them with him, before he just picked up and shifted that much further away, with all those posters in tow.

It all sounds like something the police could easily be brought into-- even to just help get the posters back.

Or Simes, since you always had a good poster outcome with Alain, do you maybe know or have his new address in Kent? If so, these folks really could use some info or help, as Alain appears to have fallen silent with almost any client who tries to reach him, either by phone or email.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:44:24 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2014, 10:32:37 PM »
I'd pay this bum a personal visit and leave the police and the coroner to sort out the mess.
POS.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »
I'd pay this bum a personal visit and leave the police and the coroner to sort out the mess.
POS.

That may be exactly why Alain doesn't post his actual, new street address on his website, Ted.  gun1

eyeroll

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:22:11 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2014, 11:18:49 PM »
The more stories that pop up the more one can see just why posters were not getting finished off...it's a vicious cycle!
Chris