Author Topic: Released formats - Definitive answer?  (Read 1693 times)

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
Released formats - Definitive answer?
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:28:18 AM »
Is there any way to find out exactly what posters and formats were produced for films released post 1980?

For example, if I'm looking for everything available in the US for 'Mars Attacks!' would it be documented somewhere? Sometimes I feel like a headless Chicken searching for posters that may never have been produced.

In a similar vein, do all Japanese releases get a B1 and B2 produced? I've only ever seen a B2 for Batman ('89) but have a B1 for Mars Attacks! I would have thought that the much hyped Batman must have had a B1 and Mars Attacks! far less likely to have one, but apparently not.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Released formats - Definitive answer?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:02:38 AM »
Hi,

Did the films you are interested in have Campaign and Pressbooks produced for them?

Am aware for my area of interest, they stopped in the early 80's but then sometimes there were Marketing Documents in the US in some spiral bound manner that took the place of Pressbooks for a while.

Post that time, I am not sure what the definitive answer may be other than a collation of people's input.  It might even be more difficult in the present day as there are more digital images floating around than are actually printed into posters.

Good luck.