Author Topic: EBAY IDIOTS!!!!  (Read 64921 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: EBAY IDIOTS!!!!
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »
Unfortunately no, Paul.  I would say that 20% of all tubes I receive from Ebay sellers are damaged and have to be returned for full reimbursement including shipping both ways.

I know this is because you mostly buy more modern titles that are shipped in tubes and people don't understand those tubes at Office Max/Depot/Staples don't cut it.
it looks sturdy to them, but are inexperienced etc.

of course, experienced sellers who still use shitty tubes have no excuse

as someone who is more likely to be buying flat folded, books etc, I get way fewer packages that arrive damaged, though packaging methods themselves are sometimes quite weird.

I'm sure I've mentioned the super-rare wc I bought for Don't Look Back for a measly $2 (no one has ever seen another to my knowledge) and was in very nice condition, shipped in a bubble wrap envelope with no cardboard and then inserted into my smaller mailbox (which was probably the least of it's worries as it traveled from Wisconsin to Vegas)

needless to say, the card was creased like a checkerboard by the time it arrived and went from C-8 to C-2 grade. As an example of it's rarity & potential value, when I sold it I still got $277 through my auctions. How much might it have gone for if it was properly packaged?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 10:25:23 PM »
Iron Sheik : Look at dis poster , you ruined it with your crappy packing......Imma gonna put you in the camel clutch & make you ham-bell for this !

Walken : Yeah , you f-d up.....I oughta smack ya , IN the head , with this !

;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:26:18 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2015, 03:52:56 PM »
I don't know how people buy new posters anymore, I buy some independent and small release stuff I don't normally get and I would estimate 70% get damaged!  It is ridiculous.

Biggest offense in order of occurrence:

No padding on the ends of the tube
Stuff padding in the tube and damage the ends of the poster
wrapping paper core for a shipping tube
condition not as advertised to begin with
rubber bands crease the poster

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2015, 04:13:35 PM »
For me, #1 is always sellers rolling posters against the inside of the tube.  Tubes always get hit.  Always.  People are just that stupid.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline gargoyle67

• Hobbyist
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2015, 09:47:14 AM »
Got this classic today damaged due to shit packing>
(Note the two non factory fold lines that were omitted from the auction)

Here's the shockingly thin packaging>

The Damage (Don't know what you'd call it, Fan tailing ?)

Extra folds>

I paid £78.50 inc postage so what do you guys think ?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:51:15 AM by gargoyle67 »

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2015, 10:25:29 AM »
I love it when people use the pre-folded section of the box, 'cause that's definitely not going to fold over in transit.  Methinks for 78 BP they could have gone to the airport and handed it some dude and just have them deliver it personally.

Jackanapes.
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2015, 12:29:08 PM »
UGh!

Never ceases to amaze me...  but i like the term, "fan tailing." Has a good ring to it.

Seems most sellers grab whatever is handy and just go wit it.  moron1

Thin, folded corrugated cardboard being the, ahem, best choice of all.

Sorry to see that arrival gargoyle.

-Jeff

Offline gargoyle67

• Hobbyist
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2015, 12:50:14 PM »
Thanks, Yes I've got it packed up (properly) ready to post back, Shame as it's a great classic poster, But I'd sooner pay more and get a decent version for my monies  >:D
I did think to ask the seller to make sure it's well protected but I didn't as he sells a lot of posters and I thought he'll know how to pack them  eyeroll

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2015, 12:52:42 PM »
Thanks, Yes I've got it packed up (properly) ready to post back, Shame as it's a great classic poster, But I'd sooner pay more and get a decent version for my monies  >:D
I did think to ask the seller to make sure it's well protected but I didn't as he sells a lot of posters and I thought he'll know how to pack them  eyeroll

Maybe he/she sells many and doesnt give a rat's behind... just gets them out the door and in the post any way he/she can and follows up with more in the pipeline. 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2015, 08:29:43 PM »
a message I just sent an ebay seller:

hey, did the consideration of noting that there is 14 linear feet of tape on the back of these cards strike you when you were listing these items?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Mirosae

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2015, 04:55:12 AM »

hey, did the consideration of noting that there is 14 linear feet of tape on the back of these cards strike you when you were listing these items?

Oh... well done Rich...! What a moron1

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2015, 02:53:48 PM »

Rich,

Were these cards you bought and then discovered the yardage on? Or was it based on a stray photo the seller placed in his auction listing that caught your eye?

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2015, 11:08:33 PM »
Rich,

Were these cards you bought and then discovered the yardage on? Or was it based on a stray photo the seller placed in his auction listing that caught your eye?

it was not mentioned in his description, and I didn't take the time to look at the last of 10 images where he shows the backs, which I didn't know until he emailed me back.
he should have put itin the text.. what if I was looking on my phone and the pics are small?

-------

Online archstanton

• Hobbyist
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2015, 08:38:16 PM »
Got this classic today damaged due to shit packing>
(Note the two non factory fold lines that were omitted from the auction)

Aww that saddens me, especially since it happened so close to "Fog Day": The 21st of April!  Great poster though!  I have a linen backed one framed and on display! 

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »
it was not mentioned in his description, and I didn't take the time to look at the last of 10 images where he shows the backs, which I didn't know until he emailed me back.
he should have put itin the text.. what if I was looking on my phone and the pics are small?

I agree with you, Rich.

What's another 10 typed words, mentioning the tape and to check out one of his later photos?

Doh.gif

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »
......... never mind.
nothing to see here.. move along..

(ps: seller did right)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:00:49 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2015, 10:25:04 AM »
I normally try not to bother complaining about E-Bay sellers but without going into the damage from packaging and shipping can someone explain to me how you can use the word "MINT" in an auction with the poster looking like this on the back? Not sure if it is a chocolate shake, hot chocolate.... after rolling and shipping this way it was on the front as well. I have been having the worst luck this week with posters arriving. Only one was well packed and arrived OK and even that one they forgot to mention the tape on the back.

Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »
yikes
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2015, 10:13:46 PM »
So thats what happened to the infamous "the dog shit on my poster" :-\

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2015, 10:39:40 AM »
So thats what happened to the infamous "the dog shit on my poster" :-\

Wow I forgot about hat one. Still one of the best I have ever heard.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline monocle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »
I recently received an old Victorian photograph that had been shockingly embalmed in a supermarket carrier bag festooned with parcel tape and affixed with an hideously scrawled label. In fact so much sellotape that some of it had got through a gap in the bag and torn away a small section of the image. Ah! To have lasted over a century only to fall into the hands of an idiot...and I don't mean me!
Nick
Utter gent.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »
Just venting.

I am on my eight of nine straight E-Bay purchases where I had to file a complaint or dispute as a result of either damaged in shipping or the seller just being a plain lying idiot. Is it just me or are more and more morons coming out to play lately? I am also entertained by the fact that in shipping we are virtually forced to use/accept Priority mail for shipping which now appears to be a week - two week lose it, find it, damage it deliver it shipping option.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2016, 12:52:10 PM »
Wow, Mike, sorry to read the string of Bad arrivals to you lately. That bites, Big Time. And you are right, I think more and more sellers just quickly package up items (especially paper, which I bet many think "cant break") and just slap it in some flimsy tube or thin corrugated, cardboard pieces.   moron1

Side note: USPS Priority mail has to be used/selected if any parcel is 13 oz or more, unfortunately.

(unless you want Media Mail/Pony Express, that is).  ;D

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2016, 02:46:45 PM »
For someone like me who only buy mint described post 80s posters and requires them to arrive in mint condition, no creases of any kind, it's a constant battle.  I cannot tell u how many posters I return, how many negs I leave.  It's the no fun part of the hobby.  If you describe your poster as new, that's what I want.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2016, 02:17:01 AM »

paper thin packaging, blech.
Ill email seller as he has started listing as lot of posters.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!