Author Topic: Warner Bros junks thousands up posters dating back to the 1950s  (Read 731 times)

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
Have you folks heard about this one?  One of my non-collector friends just alerted me to this situation, which hasn't received much news attention outside the original "Crew Stories" Instagram post where the story first appeared.  Linking to a lively Reddit discussion on the topic here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/12lax4x/sad_day_at_warner_brothers/

I'm not sure why they would guard the dumpster to prevent people from saving the posters... Surely they're not worried about some copyright violation?  And why throw away their posters to begin with?  Ship them to an auction house or offer it as a bulk lot.  Am I missing something here?  Are these executives so rich that they literally don't care about making any extra money off these posters?  Why would they do this?  Not a great way to celebrate their 100 year anniversary...

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Warner Bros junks thousands up posters dating back to the 1950s
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 07:06:40 AM »
Don't want to flood the market maybe?  A friend works at Costco and told me the "returns" are dumped in a bin and sometimes they go around back and grab returned items for themselves that are really just fine.

I suspect someone internal will grab those posters at some point save and sell them.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Warner Bros junks thousands up posters dating back to the 1950s
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 03:27:12 PM »
How bizarre in this day and age with easy venues to sell collectibles.  Okie